• Published 13th May 2014
  • 760 Views, 10 Comments

Two Background Ponies Revisit Season Four - Piccolo Sky



With Season Four over, the "Two Background Ponies" go back over all 26 episodes and recap the reactions they've had over the past six months.

  • ...
1
 10
 760

Princess Twilight Sparkle

Hey there, everypony.

At least, the ten or so of you who actually pay attention to us…

This is Sam.

And I’m Carl.

Well, another year is over in Ponyville.

And, once again, we’ve survived imminent destruction and live to eat cookies another day.

It’s been a long year, and we’ve had some pretty crazy times right alongside our heroes. For those of you who have been keeping up, every week we’ve put out a “quickie” showing what our weeks have been like in the aftermath of everything going on.

Now that all is said and done, we thought we’d put them all together to give you an overview of this wild-and-crazy year of ours. After all, background ponies have to put up with a lot that certain alicorn princesses and their BFFs don’t think about…

So, without further ado…we present to you our recap of the fourth year since Twilight Sparkle moved to Ponyville!

Or, for those of you at home, Season Four! …Yes, we’re aware that we’re fanfic creations for a TV show.

Princess Twilight Sparkle

As the last of the horrible, voracious black roots vanished in a cloud of prismatic light, the door to Ponyville's donut shop slowly opened up. A moment later, a blue stallion moved out, looking around uncertainly. After that, he looked back inside and motioned. Soon after, a green one followed.

"...Is it over?"

"Looks like it...only the sun's up now."

"...That's funny."

A groan. "...What is, Carl?"

"Those vines were clearly constricting everything...and yet nowhere in town is damaged..."

"Ugh..."

"Ever notice how every threat that comes to Ponyville is 'self-cleaning'? No wonder all the construction crews are getting laid off..."

"At any rate, you got your answer about what happens if we stop taking care of nature..."

"Urk...good point. Sam?"

"Yeah, Carl?"

"Did Ponyville always get threats to it every couple months?"

"I don't think so..."

"Maybe we're living in the apocalypse..."

"Ugh, Carl, don't start. Just because we seem to be seeing a rash of threats to our lives lately doesn't mean that-"

Suddenly, a town crier pony ran up and interrupted him. "Hey, didn't you guys hear? Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends saved us all again!"

Carl gave him a look. "No...really?" He answered sarcastically. "You don't say! I thought it was Mare Do Well for a change..."

"Uh...Carl? They were her too."

"...We really need a police force in this town, Sam..."

"Anyway..." Sam answered. "How'd they do it? Zap the bad guy with the Elements of Harmony again?"

"Actually, they gave those up."

"WHAT?!"

As the two ponies stood dumbfounded...Discord suddenly fluttered by behind the town crier. He looked to both of them maliciously, grinned, and then pointed two of his claws to his eyes and then at them...indicating: "I'm watching you". As he left, the town crier went away as well. The two stared blankly for a moment.

"Dark Goddesses..."

"Evil Unicorn Kings..."

"Demons of Chaos..."

"Teenage Pony-Turned-Human Succubi..."

They stared a moment longer...and then finally exhaled and looked to one another.

"...Sam?"

"Yeah Carl?"

"If you'll assemble the signs for us to carry, I'll paint: 'The End is Near' on them."

"Deal."

---

Hey, check it out! We actually called that face-turn-heel!

Score! I should have bet something…