• Published 20th May 2014
  • 1,426 Views, 158 Comments

Ask a changeling - ParadoxPony



Narris is a changeling living in ponyville. She will learn the paths of pony life with the help of her fiends.

  • ...
4
 158
 1,426

Ask. 6

The Wonderbolts were created to protect princess Celestia after the banishment of nightmare moon. The general's name was Firefly. he was a leader who leaded ponies.

No that doesn't sound right.

He was an amazing pony and leader.

No! Why can't I get this right?!

He was an amazing pegasus and general.

...Eh, it'll have to do. I never knew much about these guys anyway.

I lay my pencil back down on my small, wooden desk. My head lifted softly up to the wall-clock. 2:45

...15 minutes. I put my left hoof in front o my and rested my head upon it, trying to quint at various items in the room.

Blurry pencil. Blurry Sweetie Belle. Blurry door frame. Blurry teacher. Blurry unicorn with earphones... Unicorn with earphones?!

A blue unicorn topped with a scruffy gray mane waltzed casually into the classroom, holding one hoof up to block a long, drawn out yawn.


Wow..man...what did I miss?


A disapproving frown crossed the face of my teacher and he pointed an accusing hoof in his direction.

"Midderp!? This is the third time you were late this week! You didn't even bother to show up yesterday."


I've been gone from this thing a long time...maybe I'll come back just to bug you..hehe, get it? "Bug" Hee hee...heh...


An awkward silence settled in the room. The colt then found his seat among his classmates and dug his red face in a book. He is one of them. I know he is. He talks differently than everypony else. The look different. I know he is. I continued to stare at the colt, waiting for something, anything to happen.

"Um, hey."

The voice startled me so much I almost fell out of my seat.

"Huh? Wah?"


Narris, Find out your crush's name and ask him on a date!
-Dream Seeker (I'm watching you)

A furious blush formed on my face.

"I'm not gunna do that!" i immediately regretted the words when I looked up into the face of that colt. He was much much taller than me up close and seemed to be an earth pony.

"What?"

"Oh! S-sorry."

"Uh-huh. Anywaaay...Do you know what the hay I'm supposed to do here? I really don't get it."

I flailed around my desk until finding the papers I needed for math.

"Y-yah. It's easy. Alright, these are negative so I put them here, then divide this because it is multiplied, then do the same to that side. Minus these and find the square root of that one because its power is to the second!"

I smiled largely up at im, feeling quite good about myself.

"Yahhhh...."

He approached Silver Spoon and pointed at the same question. my blush grew deeper. Not from my feeling, but from the scar of embarrassment I had just suffered. I was almost ready to change form into a bat and fly out the window.


Fluttershy held the katana up to her snout. She had never seen anything like this before....recently. Dash reached for the katana to which Fluttershy pulled quickly away. No way she was letting DASH handle this around her animals.

"Hey! Who are you?"

"Dash, who are you talking to-"


Umm… hi Rainbow, have you seen a katana? I was promised it was here and-
THAT KITTEN IS ADORABLE!!! …oh, hi Fluttershy, do you know where I can get a budgie?

Both ponies stood speechless, glancing left and right for indication of the voice with no success. Another voice arose from their silence, this one familiar as Pinkie's.

"They're heerrrre." She spoke grimly, poking her head out of a flower pot.

"Who's here Pinkie?" inquired Dash, knowing well enough not to question her presence. in a pot.

Her answer came in the form of a....kitten...It looked up at Pinkie.


Pinkie, I hate to say it but we're no longer operating on pure secrecy. If anypony asks about the weird stuff, tell them about the weird stuff.

Pinkie nodded, but Fluttershy could only watch in utter cuteness, her yes growing too large to measure.


Fluttershy, I get that you're daw'ing over me and I like it but unfortunately I do have a bit of a task for you; lookout. If you see anything, or your animal friends see anything that's out of the ordinary, just tell this blinking blue box.


Drool dropped from Flutter's mouth and her eyes almost shook now. In a flash, Dash held an accusing hoof to the 2-headed-kitten.


No you cannot just attack every weird tghing that comes in the situation is delicate enough-


"What do you want feline!?"
.

-just, just get Zecora, and ask her where she found her kids. Make something up--


"Oh, yah?! Or what?"

The cat got on all fours and gave a menacing look to Dash, who immediately sat down in obedience.

"Z-zecora you say? I-uh, I've been meaning to pay her a visit anyway....yah..."

The two headed-cat sighed and rubbed its head with a paw.

Pinkie, can I have some ice cream? Please?


I lay peacefully on my bed, thinking of all the ways this day could ave gone right. Mostly being the colt incident.


will you ever tell your friends that you are a Changeling?


"Why would I ever do that? They are happy with who I am and so am I!"


*rubs your belly*


I clear my throat. "Uh t-thank you.."



I'm not paranoid, those mares killed hundreds of your kind.


"You mean those sisters? I doubt it! I was over at Sweetie's just last week and Rarity seemed like quite a nice mare."


how many ponies have you killed?


"None..Beside almost killing that red stallion t Apple Blooms."


Big Mac is the big red stallion.


"Big Mac? Huh...That's an odd name."

The squeaking of hinges could be heard and a shadow crossed my bedroom floor.

"Sis?"

"What are you doing up Scenta?"

"I-I don't know. But I just feel like something's coming...you know?"

"...No. Only you get those tremors sissy. Come on up."

I tapped the edge of my bed and she reluctantly crawled in.

"I don't like it...I don't want it to happen...."

I was worried for my sister. Ever since she was a young young filly, she has had tremors when bad things were to happen... I can remember when they were so bad she cried from the pain...but not as much as she did the next day, when the news of our parent's death reached the hive.

I put a reassuring hoof around my sister. She was the reason I was here. I would always protect her...Always.


A large field with endless daisies. A large field with my parents. They were never gone. I had woken up from this terrible dream and was free. No voices, no Ponyville, and no more....no more him. It would be a sad dream to loose but he was a dream in my dreams. Right?

"Narris! Com over here sweetheart!"

My father's sing-song words felt like honey to my ears and my mothers laugh sweetened the air around me as she held my sister in her arms. It was beautiful...But I felt another presence...somepony was behind me.

I swung around in instinct, ready to fight the pony that threatened my family. But he was anyting than a threat.

"Miss me?"

"But you were in my dreams! You were the dream boy?...you don't really exist."

He smiled. I wasn't sure if it was one of coldness or sadness, but he turned away. I placed a hoof to his face and pulled it back for him to face me.

"What is it?"

"I'm coming to get me Narris."

"Wait, what?"

"You know how ponies say you have...different sides? Like a loving one, or a kind one? Or even an angry one?"

"yeees?" I was getting more urgent for the answer as the skies around us turned an evil shade of black.

"I'm..his loving side." He said this while raising one eyebrow repeatedly. "and then I found you!"

The wind began to pick up, and thunder could be heard.

"Why do I keep dreaming you?"

"I don't really know...I guess I just like it here...in your mind. Beside, I couldn't leave, even if I wanted to! I have to be attached to somepony. And, uh- " He stroked my cheek then whispered. "I'd rather it be you."

"But my family is right over-" I turned and pointed into an empty obis. Terror and anger clouded my vision in red.

"What have you done with them!?"

He spoke words I did not hear and then...blackness, no. Not blackness...A blue light.


It was too dark and too early to tell the source, but it was being held up to my face. A cold, blue light. More importantly was what hid behind it.

Dream boy was in my room.

Author's Note:

Kinda a short chapter, but not many comments *cough* related to the story *cough cough*

Things are about to get good. PREPARE FOR A-*Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! Do not pass.*

Aww man!