• Published 11th May 2014
  • 33,593 Views, 844 Comments

Mother - Foals Errand



One thousand years ago Princess Celestia was forced to banish her sister to the moon. What she didn't know was that Luna had been hiding something very important to her. Now Luna is home but is it to late for her to take the role she always want

  • ...
85
 844
 33,593

Home

Twilight blinked the sleep from her eyes as she was gently roused by a horseshoe-covered forehoof. She sat up with a small yawn and rubbed her eyes to see Luna, Celestia, and her other parents smiling down at her. She glanced around for her advocate, who appeared to have left once the case was concluded.

“So, how did it go, Mother?” Twilight asked. She stood up, stretching her wings out as the adults attempted to and failed not to aww at her.

“As well as we could have hoped, Twilight. Custody was officially returned to me and you were legally declared a two year old.” Luna gently nuzzled Twilight’s cheek. “There is obviously more, but we can discuss that once we are home again. But first there is a decision you must make. I cannot make it, nor can your other mother, or my sister.”

Twilight looked up, her ears perking. “A decision?”

“That is right. Simply put, do you wish to speak with your friends before or after the official announcement, which will be made in a day or so?” She glanced up at Celestia, who shrugged.

“I was thinking a day, yes, possibly two depending on who creates Twilight’s new dress.” Celestia smiled down at Twilight. “I’m certain your friend Rarity would jump at the chance, especially after being unable to design the coronation gowns.” Celestia winced at the memory of the monstrosities the three of them had been in. “It’s something I don’t believe I will allow to happen again.”

Twilight considered but a moment before nodding “I want to tell them. After all, losing a friend's trust is the fastest way to lose a friend…”

“Forever!”

Luna, Celestia, Nightlight, and Twilight Velvet jumped back as Pinkie Pie appeared out of a fake plant in the corner of the room.

Twilight smiled, lifting a hoof. “Hi, Pinkie Pie. I hope I didn’t interrupt anything you were working on?”

Pinkie climbed out of the plant, shaking her head “Nope! I was just getting some plans set up. You see last night I had brand new pinkie sense! It was an eye flutter, twitch tail, right ear flick, left ear flick, jitter hop! And it meant one of my bestest friends was hiding a huge secret and it was her birthday! And well since you are my newest best friend I knew it had to be you, silly! But why are you so teeny weeny? Is this an alicorn thing?” Pinkie gasped “Oh my gosh do ponies become babies again once they become alicorns? Are you going to get any smaller? What will happen to the librar-”

Twilight stuck her hoof in Pinkie’s mouth. “Calm down Pinkie… Listen I want to tell you and the girls everything so will you gather them at the library? I’ll be home on the next train.” She glanced up at Luna to see her nod. “I promise I’ll explain everything. And after that we can have my birthday party. Okay?”

“Mmkay!” Pinkie mumbled around Twilight’s hoof, before saluting and leaping back into the plant.

Twilight saw Velvet’s mouth opening. he shook her head. “Don’t, Mom. Trust me when I say it’s just...just not worth it. She's just Pinkie Pie.”


After a few minutes of hugs, Luna, Spike, and Twilight boarded the train back to Ponyville. Twilight waved out the window at the rest of her family until they were no longer in view. She finally sighed and sat down in her seat next to Luna.

“Are you excited to head back home, Twilight?” Luna asked smiling down at the toddler who was laying her head on her withers.

“Excited and nervous… What if they don’t want to be my friends anymore? I mean the Elements have been returned back to the Tree so duty wouldn’t…” Twilight trailed off, her ears pinned back as she felt Luna staring down at her.

“Twilight, do you truly feel so little for your friends?”

“What, no!” Twilight exclaimed

“If say, Rarity, was to become a foal, would you have rejected her friendship?” Luna continued.

Twilight madly shook her head “No! Of course not!”

“And what about Applejack or Pinkie Pie?”

“Never!”

“And why is that, my daughter?” Luna questioned, cocking her head to the side.

“Because they are my friends and I love them!” Twilight cried out, having risen to her hooves. She then smiled, tears running down her cheeks. “I love them, Mother...I love them and they love me...don’t they?”

Luna gently licked Twilight’s tears away. “I am certain of it, Twilight…”

Twilight smiled, nuzzling into her Mother’s chest. The great weight fell from her tiny shoulders as she breathed out, happy to be held by her Mother and Spike. He had climbed up next to Twilight, wrapping his arms around her.

“Luna is right, Twilight. These are our friends. They’ll understand what's going on!”

Twilight nodded. he three stayed in that position, loving upon each other for the entire trip home.


It hadn’t taken long at all until the train pulled into the station. Luna got up and calmly shook herself, using a touch of magic to dry and smooth her fur. “Come on Twilight.” She smiled down as Twilight hopped down from her seat and stretched out her wings.

“I was...wondering if it would be alright if I rode on your back? I would like to get back to the library without being noticed… if that is alright, Mother?” Twilight pawed at the ground as Luna smiled.

“I understand. you want to tell your friends and not be stopped by everypony between here and the library and have them find out by word of mouth?”

Twilight simply nodded as Luna levitated her onto her back and applied a simple not-my-problem charm on her. “As long as you stay quiet, nopony will see you.”

“Thanks Mother….Mom.” Twilight whispered into Luna’s ear, causing Luna’s heart to melt as she felt Twilight’s warm breath.

Luna followed after Spike, who led the way to the library. She nodded her head at the ponies they passed, even gracing some of the children with a smile.

Spike opened the door “We’re here! Pinkie Pie? Rarity? Anypony?”

“We’re in the sitting room, darling!” Rarity called out. “Pinkie was rather forceful in making certain we were all here by the time the train arrived.”

“Yeah! She dragged me here by my tail! Not cool, Pinks...Not cool.”

Twilight covered a giggle with her small hoof. She imagined Rainbow Dash floating in the air, hooves crossed while she looked down at Pinkie who was most likely smiling.

“Now that you are home, Spike, I don’t suppose you could tell us why Pinkie Pie dragged us all here? I mean if you wouldn't mind, that is?” Fluttershy trailed off as Luna followed after Spike into the sitting room. She eeped and hid beneath her mane.

Rarity stood up from where she had been relaxing. “Oh, my goodness! Princess! Pinkie Pie did not mention that we’d be entertaining royalty! I...I do apologize!”

Applejack rolled her eyes. “Hush up, Rarity. Or did ya forget Twi is a Princess now, too. ‘Sides, Pinkie said all of us needed to be here for Twilight.”

“Yep! That’s right. This is all for Twilight! I super dooper promise!” Pinkie bounced in place, her eyes focused upon a single spot upon Luna’s back.

“Fine, so Luna is here for whatever is up with Twilight… Where is the Egghead, anyway?” Rainbow Dash sighed, landing to relax on the couch beside Applejack.

“I’m right here,” Twilight said after having taken a deep calming breath. At that moment the not-my-problem charm popped. All eyes were on the tiny pony sitting on Luna’s back. Twilight nervously waved. “Hi girls. I can explain.”