• Published 11th May 2014
  • 5,085 Views, 271 Comments

A New World, A New Way - Swarm - Kingofsouls



A Sidestory for Zuesdemigod131's A New World A New way. X is a constructin worker. Nell is a merchant in training. Then Arceus got out of his dimesional prision.

  • ...
18
 271
 5,085

Interlude 3 - Focus Energy

Interlude 3
Focus Energy

Day 3

X watched the battle in the Pit, silent as the crowd cheered for the youngest member of ShadowFox. It was hard to blame them for their exuberance: Two losses in a row brought by a seemingly unbeatable foe only for Apocalypse to arrive at the nick of time and turn the tide.

Add in the scene of a Durant running as fast as it's tiny legs could carry it from the significantly larger Tyrantrum was much needed comedy.

But as funny as it was, it wasn't enough to drive away the dark clouds of doubt within his heart and mind.

“X?”

Naruto's words rang clear, X turning to look his most loyal and best friend. “Yea buddy?”

“You are gripping your fancy new hammer quite tightly.”

X's eyes darted downwards, looking at the hand and hammer in question. As Naruto said, his hand was wrapped around Dreadnought tighter than one should. X sighed as he loosened his grip, the hammer sliding slightly as he did. “Still a little tense.”

“About what you are doing?”

X shook his head, a small mote of surprise of Naruto's face. “Nah, it's less about that and more about why. All my life I've never actually been in a fight. I mean, I'm no stranger to a Pokemon battle, but I've always been on the sidelines commanding the fight instead of actually fighting it. But...well...honestly I'm still scared.”

X shook with slight fear, and Naruto put a hand on his arm, the motion calming him. “X...”

“All this time Naruto, being you and the others trainer,” X whisper as a tear began to form, “I saw you and the others fight for me while I stood on the sidelines safe from harm. I never imaged what I would do if I was ever forced to fight on my own. But the other day during that attack, I learned the hard way. I just stood there on the sidelines commanding, and when I got attacked, I choked.

“When push came to shove, I just didn't have it in me.”

“X, you must not dwell on the negative.” reassured Naruto. “From what I heard, you did all you could, and you saved those warriors that needed your help. You carried dozens on your back. That is not the action of a weakling or a coward. And what about that trick you pulled?”

“Uh which one?”

“Azisa," Naruto explained with a grin. “Use Hidden Power – Fire.”

“Yea, that one was a pretty smart move if I say so myself.” X chuckled, remembering his maneuver clear as day. “I was surprised that many bought it.”

“And that is the point I prove. X, not everyone can think of a trick like that on the fly. And you're heart is the biggest of everyone I know. You're stronger than you think you are.”

“That's why I need to do this, why I need to take the fight to them myself.” X huffed as he slammed the end of Dreadnought into the ground, mirroring his resolve. “I need to prove that to myself."

"You don't..."

"Yes Naruto," X replied quite forcefully, surprising Naruto. "I don't want to be someone who only fights when it's easy. That's the old me. I want to fight when I need to." His free hand turned into a fist, X glaring at it as if it was a great weapon of both good and evil. "I was given a gift, a second chance of sorts. Don't get me wrong, I would prefer being a human and if Arceus can turn me back I'll ask him myself. But until that day, I am going to use my new power to defend everyone who believes in me just as much as I believe in them. You guys have bleed for me countless times before. Now, it's my turn to bleed for you. So I'm going in there to fight for these people, because win or lose, if I walk onto that battlefield, I already won the important fight."

Naruto said nothing, looking at his best friend and brother with a mile wide smile before turning back to watch the curbstomp in the Pit. “Stronger than he knows indeed.” Naruto spoke with hushed words, unheard by all others.

Author's Note:

OH WOW IT'S BEEN MONTHS. This is just a quickie update on a thought I just had as we get towards the unavoidable battle that X must fight.

I am not going to lie, this is to prove to you that I am not dead, I am working on this, and things are eventually going to get to the final chapter. Honestly we're already in the third act of our story so to speak, so it's a matter of actually getting it written. Just lots of personal things going on, nothing major just distraction and other more important real life tasks.

So the plan is to get everything else written and then upload the rest in one big burst. No idea when that's going to be , but it will happen. Until then enjoy.

Comments ( 8 )

I actually wonder what level all the creatures around this area actually are in comparison to the strongest ones out there. I mean, no offense to X, but being given an incredibly strong body and a few good experiences really doesn't compare to a life raised in battle.
If that the case, then Iron Shell is really overestimating the capabilities of the hive.

It's Baaack! Yes can't wait for the next chapter.:pinkiehappy:

HAMMER DOWN!!!

Oh man I read it all, oh well I'll just wait for the next update...*see that last update was almost two years ago*........

8753486
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Sadly a combination of factors led to this...extended haitus and at this point nothing I say will be acceptable.

8754337
Can't wait for next chapter.

Login or register to comment