• Published 11th May 2014
  • 9,034 Views, 234 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Big Sister - The Infinity Doctor



Rarity's been getting busier and busier, leaving Sweetie bored and alone while at the boutique- that is, until she meets a creature...one that won't stop following her around...

  • ...
19
 234
 9,034

Chapter 17

"Everything in working order?" Robert asked, taking one last glance at the gateway.

"It would appear so." Rosalind replied, snapping a panel of the console closed.

Robert glanced to a still-bound Twilight, who stared in fear at the both of them.

"She's been like that for a good while, you think we should prod her?" Robert asked.

"Might as well, a frozen unicorn certainly won't help matters." Rosalind replied.

"Not a sentence I thought I'd ever hear you say."

Rosalind trotted to Twilight, and gently sat her up.

"Anything I can get for you?" she asked.

Twilight remained silent.

"Not responding doesn't really help, you know." Rosalind stated, removing her goggles and slinging them over her horn.

"Although, this 'magic' does certainly have its uses." Robert said, attempting to fill in the silence "Certainly an interesting field to study, to say the least."

"You've n-never studied magic?" Twilight asked quietly.

Robert shook his head.

"Th-Then how will this work? If you've no concept of magic theory and the resulting event, you could possibly decimate this entire town!" Twilight shrieked.

"Oh, is that all?" Rosalind replied simply.

"Is- Is that all?! Hundreds of lives could be lost, you horse!"

"If that's an insult, it's lost on me."

Twilight snapped, and screamed in rage.

"Surprising someone didn't hear her..." Robert commented.

"My dear, this machine uses no semblance of magic, but rather science."

"But...but..." Twilight sputtered.

"Madam, please try to understand that what we're doing is the safer alternative for everyone." Robert stated, now glancing at the watch wrapped around his hoof.

"Safer for everyone? How can I be expected to believe that when what you're doing goes against everything I believe?"

"Faith, Twilight Sparkle."

'Hopefully she'll calm down when she's princess.'

Twilight remained quiet, and simply stared at the two of them.

"Maybe one day, Twilight Sparkle, we will understand each other."

"'We'? 'We' who?" Twilight responded.

Rosalind didn't respond, and instead stared dead-ahead, along with her twin.

"It appears she's early." Robert stated.

"Indeed." Rosalind agreed.

The small group was now upon them, the Big Sister, plus three small fillies.

"Who are y'all?" Applebloom asked.

"We're some...friends...of Needles."

"I think y'all are lyin'."

'Oh what a time for this...' Rosalind groaned inwardly.

"Enough of this," Robert stated, rolling his eyes "the short of it is, that Needles must come with us."

"But- But why?!" Sweetie Belle whined, clinging to Needles for dear life.

"Miss, what you need to understand- is that Needles doesn't belong here."

"But- but she's fine here! She lives with us! She's okay, really!"

"Miss..." Rosalind sighed, "that is not the point. It matters not how well adjusted she is- what matters is the result of what will happen as a result of her presence here."

"What...what will happen?" Sweetie asked, while Twilight thought the same thing.

"You've heard of Murphy's law?"

Twilight and the three fillies shook their heads.

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong." Robert informed all present.

They nodded- in confusion, but nodded nonetheless.

"The technology we have has the potential to cross worlds, and with that kind of firepower, miss, it could lead to the ruin of this world."

"But...but..."

"Well...if y'all put it like that..." Applebloom stated "maybe Needles should go with them, Sweetie."

Sweetie Belle was in tears, at this point- sniffling as she rubbed her muzzle and eyes.

"I...I d-don't want you to go!" she wailed, still tightly hugging Needles' leg tightly.

"It...seems like she'll have to..." Twilight stated slowly.

"Life isn't fair to everyone, Miss Belle." Rosalind stated softly.

Sweetie glanced between the group of ponies, and to Needles, biting her lip.

Author's Note:

We're in the home stretch, folks.

Comments ( 14 )

Decisions, decisions. Could be worse. It's not like the universe is at risk, but it still is a important decision.

6575067 Nope- there'll be at least one more chapter before the end :)

Hmm *reads further* man fu%k them bi&ch a:ajsmug:es

I... can't exactly say I like this ending. It's a little... rushed to be honest. But, let's see where this will end up.

For some reason Ive got it in my head that within about a week of needles getting back she's gonna get rekt by delta. Meh prolly bot but who knows.

6578795 seeing as how it says "incomplete" I don't think we are at the end :raritywink:

More now!!!!!!!!!

6893409
Pretty sure she attacks you even if you don't harm a hair on the kid's head. The reason is because they're actually totally evil b**ches, kidnapping little girls and dragging them down to Rapture, to fuel their insatiable hunger for ADAM. They seem like they're just vengeful protectors, but they're protecting their drug supply, not the well being of the Little Sister herself. It's not obvious in the game... until you spend all your ammo saving a Little Sister, and get punked in the end by one of the Big Sisters who's mad at you for cutting off her supply.

Or, I think it's something like that.

7475790 Because this takes place near the beginning of season one?

When's the next chapter coming? Also love this story.

Dang it why is almost every BioShock story canceled, on hiatus or incomplete with no updates for over a year?:twilightangry2::facehoof:

Login or register to comment