• Published 12th May 2014
  • 1,515 Views, 15 Comments

Broken - DerekPony



Princess Celestia fails to save Equestia at the encounter of Nightmare Moon. Since then Princess Celestia has disappeared. Years later, Twilight Sparkle who is a lead knight has chose to lead her team to save Equestria, Princess Celestia and Luna.

  • ...
3
 15
 1,515

Prolouge

Celestia was shocked. She didn't knew what to do. She stood there, watching her little sister in a different form... laughing. Celestia gulped silently. Then finally spoke.

"Luna...I will not fight you. You must lower the moon." Celestia looked at her sister in the eye. Her sister laughed softly. "Luna? I am Nightmare Moon!" Nightmare Moon aimed her horn above Celestia then shot a dark laser beam at the roof of their castle.The roof collapsed falling onto Celestia, fortunately Princess Celestia was able to get off the ground and dodge all the parts off the roof and flew off.

Nightmare Moon grinned in excitement as she opens her wings. "And where do you think you're going?" She flew off, chasing Princess Celestia as she tries aims at Celestia and tries to shoot her, Celestia kept dodging. Celestia didn't knew what to do. As she continued flying, memories were flashing before her eyes. Memories of her and Luna. She continued flying when suddenly a laser beam hits her.

Celestia screamed and lost control of her wings as she falls into another part of their castle. Celestia fell onto her back as she panted heavily. She sat up and saw a huge wound around her waist. Nightmare Moon flew to where Princess Celestia was. "It seems that the princess has failed. What will the princess be saying to her people? I wonder." The dark mare teased as Princess Celestia growled. "I still have these..." Princess Celestia stood up as her horn glowed. The Elements of Hamony appeared around her. Nightmare Moon's eyes widened. "The Elements of Hamon-" Celesita gasped once the Elements Of Harmony broke into pieces. "N-No...T-This can't be!"

Nightmare Moon gave an evil grin as she levitated a rock and threw it onto Celestia, "Oof?!" Celestia fell to the ground as her head started bleeding. "mmmrph.." Celestia groaned. "Sister please..." Celestia looked up at Nightmare Moon. "I...Don't wanna hurt you...I don't want you to end up like this..." She panted. Nightmare Moon walked to her sister as she crushes her left wing with a rock. Celestia's eyes widened as she screamed in pain. "Tomorrow Night, at The Summer Sun Celebration I will tell everypony your defeat and I'll be the new ruler of Equestria!" Nightmare Moon laughed, Celestia teared up... Her sister was not acting like how she was...That innocent, sweet, loyal pony was now a pony whose heartless, cruel and dark... Celestia tried to use her magic to pick up the rock but failed. She was too weak. The princess started to sob, she was disappointed. No, she wasn't disappointed in her sister, But rather herself. For not knowing when her little sister needed her. Nightmare Moon noticed her crying. "What wrong Celestia?" She walked to her, "Aren't you happy? You get to rest from all these royal duties?!" Nightmare Moon screamed as she stomps onto Celestia's right wing. Instead of screaming Celestia groaned.

"Luna...If you do this...No pony will raise the sun... And then the earth pony's crops would never grow...We wouldn't have any food, All the ponies would die!" Celestia's voice cracked. "Oh Celestia..." Nightmare Moon walked to Princess Celestia. "You don't have to worry, I have everything under control..." She looked at Celestia in the eyes, "After all, all you need's a goodnight rest~" Nightmare Moon said as a dark mist appears around her horn and goes into Celestia's mouth. Celestia's eyes widened as purple eyes and pupils fade away. Within a second Celestia has no control of her body...She was now paralyzed.."Goodnight, sister, the night...Will finally last forever..."

~A few days later~
It was night time...Or was it day time? No pony could tell...The sky was filled with darkness...A white bearded unicorn was running...He wore a a blue cape that covers his back of his legs, there were a few bells at the end of his cape. He also wore a wizard-like hat.

He was running...He looked old, but he was able to run. The unicorn kept running till he reached a cave, the unicorn panted as he quickly sat down and closed his eyes, he took a deep breathe as he whispered to himself...Then suddenly, a passage opens from the ground. He quickly went down the passage to a small library, it was dark inside, he took a candle and lit up with his magic.

The unicorn lifted the candle with his magic as he looks around the library.

"Where is it?..." He whispered to himself. As he continued to search he starts to hear hoof steps. "Not now..." He said as he used his magic to close the passage, "Sooner of later they'll find that passage..." He whispered as he accidentally steps on a scroll. His eyes lit up, "There it is..." He said as he picks it up with his mouth, once he opens the scroll, banging was heard from above. "Open this door Star Swirl!"

The unicorn's eyes widened, he looked at the scroll and took out a book. He opened the book onto a blank page then read the words from the scroll aloud. As he continues his eyes started to glow so did his horn. The passage door was broken, he continued reading as guard ponies starts running down the passage and into the library.

As the unicorn called (Star Swirl) continued reading, his book and scroll starts to fade away. Guard ponies looked around for him, when a guard pony notices the unicorn. After the last sentence was read "Let thou be the hero of Equestria..." The book and scroll disappears. Then the guard pony tackles Star Swirl and puts a collar around his neck. He choked for a moment from the force the guard pony put onto his neck. You're gonna regret sending that book and scroll away. As seconds past Star Swirl grows weaker and weaker. "W-What's going on?... M-My Magic!...." Star Swirl couldn't breathe properly nor use his magic. "You'll know once you have a little talk with Nightmare Moon!" Said the Guard Pony as he bites Star Swirl's tail then drags him out of the library.

Star Swirl panted...He didn't care about what was going to happen...All he cared about if whether the book and scroll was secured in a safe place...And hoped that it would be in good hoofs once it's found....