• Published 9th May 2014
  • 1,093 Views, 73 Comments

Peace at Last Side Stories: Back in Neighpon - Prince_Staghorn

  • ...
1
 73
 1,093

The Double Date: Part One/Chīsaki finds a Book

Neighponese

After a short nap, Stag and Double woke up, yawning. they nuzzled each other.

"You know, Red finally asked my sister out on a date tonight."

"Really? Took him long enough."

"Yeah, I know."

"...We should go too!"

"Say what now?"

*

Stag found himself squeezed into a tuxedo, standing by Red as they both waited for their respective mares to finish getting ready. Stag leaned over.

"Nervous?"

"A little."

"Completely normal, Red. I mean, if you managed to get Fleur, this should be easy!"

"You'd think so..."^

"Relax, you'll be fine. Wonder what's taking them so long?"

*

Several small, wingless, purple-eyed changeling mares^^ worked to make sure the Princesses^^^ looked their best.

It wasn't easy.

"HELP!"

The grounder mare tried desperately to extricate herself from Hope's mane, to little avail. It was swallowing her as it had swallowed so many combs and brushes before her. As her coworkers desperately pulled, she began planning her last will and testament.

A veteran mare, who had dealt with this foe on several occasions, knew there was only one way to deal with this. Gripping a large comb,^^^^ a set of shears,^^^^^ and a machete+ in her magic, she leapt into the fray.

*

Red peeked in after several minutes, only to be confronted by the head mare.

"They aren't ready yet, so..."

"No," Hope said. "Let him come see."

Red cautiously walked in... and was amazed by what he saw.

"Like it?"

Red nodded.

Double spoke up. "Okay, we're ready enough, let's just go get our dresses on and go already!"

***

There's got to be a trick to this whole "Dating" thing, Chīsaki thought, looking through various books in the library. Old Gin Pal, the librarian++, had carefully watched her before deciding she wouldn't do anything too harmful. Chīsaki's reputation of being accident prone was widespread through the city, especially following the incident with the ducks, the noodles, and the white kimono+++.

Hmmm... maybe this one?

She grabbed the large, brown book with angry red eyes and a toothy mouth, inside which was a black ball with some kind of fuse, then read the title on the spine.

the BOMBINOMICON
by Starswirl the Bearded

"Oh, Fu-"

Chīsaki was hit in the face by a large explosion, sending her flying, and causing a chain reaction of the smaller shelves to topple like dominos.

"CHISAKIIIIII!!!!!!!!"

The little dragoness started running as Gin Pal, face bright red, chased after her, barely missing with each swing of the broom he had grabbed.

The Bombinomicon, for its part, decided it was bored now and went off to spread mayhem in other places.++++

Author's Note:

^Even given Fancy's permission to date his daughter, Red still took a while to get up the guts to actually talk to the model.

^^Grounder- a purple eyed, wingless changeling, often found working as clean-up crews or spa/salon workers

^^^Double was, like it or not, technically a Princess. An authoritative, commanding Princess who was also High-General of the Royal Army and could name myriad different ways to kill you, but still a Princess.

^^^^1 foot long, made of dragon scales

^^^^^used to cut roc feathers at one point

+Standard barber equipment

++the Xing-xing. His name is Ib'xian for "Long Arms".

+++Thirty-eight citizens were hospitalized, Mejiro the Tsuchigumo shopkeeper had lost his vision in one of his eight eyes, Chīsaki was never allowed to go to any local noodle shop ever again, and the Laundromat still had ducks nesting in the driers.

++++From Starswirl the Bearded's notes:

...Yeah, I honestly have no idea why I made that book in the first place. Or why I made it able to think, talk, and fly.