• Published 9th May 2014
  • 1,092 Views, 73 Comments

Peace at Last Side Stories: Back in Neighpon - Prince_Staghorn

  • ...
1
 73
 1,092

the Uncle, or, "Chīsaki's Guide to Getting the Guy: Chapter 1"

Neighponese

Carcosan

Pincer Roachanov, the Dragonfly of the East, was considered by many to be the most brilliant military leader in all Neighpon, perhaps in all of Khaan. Among his victories were numerous battles in the Kirin-Changeling Wars some 500 years ago^.

While still a respected military leader, he knew he would need to pass the title on eventually. Not today, but someday. Today, however, he was an uncle welcoming back his nephew^^.

Pincer had of course heard the rumors and hearsay of Staghorn's negotiations with the Equestrian leaders, but had retained a mild skepticism of it. It was only natural, as Neighpon had little regular contact with Equestria despite both countries' statures^^^, and following Chrysalis' poorly-attempted invasion, he more expected full-out retaliation on the part of the ponies.

But now, there were two ponies in the palace, now settled in their rooms, and his nephew sat before him, unharmed and healthy, now wearing his traditional robes instead of simply walking around naked. Pincer himself had taken off his helmet and armor and donned a similar robe. As he tended to do when discussing important matters with family, Pincer had prepared a pot of Jasmine tea. It was important to keep a calm head in this setting, and tea always helped. Pincer took a drink from his cup, then looked at his nephew.

"I want to know the details."

Short, sweet, and to the point. That was how Pincer worked. Stag regarded his uncle, took a deep breath, and began.

*

By the time he finished, the tea was gone. Pincer's expression had not changed.

"So they just agreed to it? That's it?"

"...Pretty much, yeah."

"Okay..."

"What?"

"I don't know, I expected you all to be thrown in the dungeon."

"...I missed you, Uncle."

***

Spike wandered around the palace interior. The elegant design and vibrant colors contrasted sharply with the hustle and bustle of the crowded city outside, with delicate works of marble, jade, and gold.

Not that Spike actually noticed this, as he was too busy trying to locate the bathroom. He didn't actually need to go, but since an unfortunate incident in Canterlot several years ago, he had made a note to always find out where the bathroom of any new place was.

The storm continued outside, masking the ticking of claws that followed Spike. Chīsaki was typical for a female Tatsu^^^^ of her age, and was thus interested in two things: Collecting gems, and boys. And Spike was very handsome by dragon standards, even if Chīsaki knew that a pair of wings would later sprout from his shoulders, and that his body would never be the graceful, serpentine shape she would have, and that he would never sprout a nice set of branching antlers or a catfish-like array of whiskers... he was cute, and besides, Western Dragons, according to the books she read, were all bad boys. So she followed him.

She tried to be sneaky, but her traitorous tail swished, knocking over a stand of antique spears, the sudden noise causing her quarry to turn around, startled. Chīsaki began yelling at her tail and strangling it.

"You idiot!!! Why do you always have to ruin everything!?! I am trying to follow a hot boy, and you just keep sabotaging me!!! DO YOU WANT ME TO BE A WEIRDO LOSER!?! I can just cut you off and have a new one grow back, so don't get too cocky!"

Spike watched as the little dragon in front of him strangled her tail and made noises like copper pots clanging together. They sounded like death threats. He shrugged, then continued onward down the corridor, leaving Chīsaki alone to yell and cuss out her tail.

This place was weird.

Author's Note:

Pincer also belongs to Magic Man

^the most notable of which was the Battle of Singing Wind Pass, where Pincer had used the local Kama-Itachi* population to do a lot of damage to the unsuspecting Kirin.

^^Technically great-nephew, as Pincer was Chrysalis' uncle

^^^Neighpon and Equestria are two of the three most powerful countries in the world, the third being Camelu.

^^^^the standard Khaan Dragon, also known as the Lung in Manechuria

*a species of weasel native to Neighpon, notable for the sharp claws on its front limbs and ability to fly and attack from small, self-created tornados.