• Published 18th May 2012
  • 2,190 Views, 44 Comments

What Went Wrong - Gremlin Grenade



A look into the mind of Ponyville's most "challenged" resident.

  • ...
6
 44
 2,190

My name is Mayor Mare

Dear Miss Sparkler,

This is Mayor Mare, speaking for the Ponyville board of Childcare Services. I am deeply sorry to inform you that we can not fulfill your request as submitted.

While it is admirable to try and keep young Dinky with her mother while taking care of the young filly as well, it is a technical impossibility and we unfortunately cannot comply. As it currently stands, Ditzy Doo is an employee of the state, provided with a wage just enough to take care of her family. However, it has come to our resolution that the welfare provided to the Hooves household by her government employment is not enough to sustain a growing family while Ditzy Doo cannot be relied on to make responsible enough decisions to support a family. While the attempt to fill that gap is admirable, it is the ruling of the board that under your current employment you cannot support young Dinky both parentally and financially, and we are unable to provide anymore welfare to the household than we already are.

I apologize, but it is the ruling of the board that Dinky Hooves must be placed in foster care. Please understand that this ruling is not of my own decision, nor is it of any individual pony of the board, but instead a carefully calculated decision made in collective agreement by a majority vote. Though it was she who proposed the idea, Miss Cheerilee Blossom asked that we inform you that she did not support the decision, and I would like to say in confidence that I was not in favor of the ruling either. We do not wish to see this family separated any more than you do, but it is just impossible for us to comply to your unusual request given the circumstances.

We promise that Ditzy Doo and yourself will be able to visit Dinky whenever you like, and that Ditzy Doo will be kept in close communication with the chosen foster family. Because this is not a case of domestic abuse but rather parental inability, we see no reason to permenantly keep either of you from seeing Dinky, but she must be raised in foster care.

With many condolences,

Mayor Mare

In representation of the Ponyville board of Childcare Services