• Published 22nd Jul 2014
  • 530 Views, 19 Comments

Taking Pen from Paper - Suke



Just as one story is about to end, another is written in its place. A mare in black must move quickly to preserve the multiverse, as a writer with incredible sway over all known realities begins to act outside of his given parameters.

  • ...
1
 19
 530

Everto Impetus

“From there, I managed to grab some dynamite from Dyne’s storage, flee across the desert and locate some ruins I’d read about before getting to Pawridge. Got there, unintentionally killed Dyne, blew up the book underground, making sure it was near impossible to rediscover, and died again. That’s when I found myself right back when I first found the book, and this adventure began.”

Applejack and Big Macintosh sat in silence in their respective places in the jail. They didn’t quite expect such a tale. For some inexplicable reason, they could tell Cliff was telling the truth. Somehow, they were always good with telling lies from the truth. The two of them pitied the mare in the cell.

“I see how you can feel guilty for what happened, Cliff, but all the same, you shouldn’t,” Speed said, trying to comfort her.

“If I hadn’t found the book… or burned it… things could have gone differently…”

The emotions Speeding Bullet felt were mixed. He was sad to see Cliff so guilt-ridden, but at the same time, he was happy that she wasn’t rambling anymore. Problem was, he didn’t know what to say to help her out of her current funk.

He opened his mouth to make another attempt of changing Cliff’s mind, but another voice from the jail’s front door spoke first.

“I forgive you, Miss Jumper,” Dyne said. “Your actions may have been questionable, but your intentions were pure. Anyone could see you were truly sorry. My other self was just blinded by emotion. You can’t blame him, either.”

When Dyne first made himself apparent to Cliff Jumper, the mare had flinched away, seeing only the gunslinger from before. However, as he spoke, she seemed to relax. A large weight was being lifted from her shoulders.

“Thank you… Dyne…”

Big Mac decided to undo Cliff’s straightjacket, and AJ responded to this by unlocking the cell. Slowly but surely, Cliff left her prison, alongside Speed.

When the two mares present passed each other, Cliff whispered, “Sorry for hurting Applebloom, AJ.”

“I know ya are, sugarcube.”

And with that, they all left the jail, heading into the saloon for a drink or two. A mild celebration, but a celebration all the same. During this time, Cliff went back to her regular self, and plans were discussed.

The next built up area of any kind was further across the desert. Going by hoof would be suicide, and all transport was currently out of town, fetching supplies. They would return after the next sandstorm passed. For the earth ponies, though, time was of the essence. They would somehow need to travel through the oncoming storm. For that, Applejack had a suggestion.

It turns out that her little sister had been becoming quite the skilled engineer as of late. Combine that with the family’s talent for light protective enchantments, and they were able to work something out.


A week later, and a small crowd had gathered at the edge of Pawridge. It consisted of the resident Apple family, Dyne, Anti, and pretty much the rest of town, after they found out about the earth ponies’ plan.

The two earth ponies in question were stood on Applebloom’s new contraption. Put simply, it was a sailing boat made for the desert. When the filly had explained the idea, Cliff had immediately headed to the library and read up on sailing. With help from a couple townsfolk, Fluffy and Melman, Applebloom had managed to construct the ‘boat’ in just over a day.

Bullet had gathered the supplies. Due to his leg, which was healing nicely, Marty from the saloon assisted in this. All the activity had lead to the rest of town learning of the plan, and they wished the ponies luck whenever they passed by.

In the last moments, Cliff taught Bullet what she’d learned. Then they practised on the stationary vehicle before getting a good night’s rest. Now, things were packed and tied down on the boat. The adventurers double checked the boat’s apparatus; Everything was in order.

“We’re about ready to be off, then,” Cliff announced.

The crowd started to cheer.

Anti shouted over them, “Don’t forget to tell our friends in High Peak how the journey fared. You’re pioneering a whole new mode of travel for us.”

“Gotcha.”

While the crowd cheered even more, Dyne approached the vessel to speak a little more privately.

“Now, about The Book’s victim. All we know is that he arrived on a carriage from High Peak. Wish we could help you more.”

“We should be fine,” Bullet told the sheriff. “If you lot can remember a visitor you weren’t alive to see, I’m sure someone over there will have something for us.”

“Here’s hoping. Good luck, to the pair of ya!”

Cliff and Speed nodded and got into positions. AJ removed the block stopping them from rolling off, then Dyne and Big Mac pushed it toward the exit, where a wall of moving sand hit against the town’s shield. The boat was to enter the storm at an angle so as not to be torn up straight away. As soon as the boat touched the storm, it was dragged right in, causing the two pushing to fall forward.

“Godspeed,” Dyne muttered, getting up and dusting himself off.

Big Mac concurred, “Eeyup.”


The train from Vanhoover to Ponyville was a long one, both physically and in duration. Most would complain about the duration, but not Omni Chrome. He was a rare pony who enjoyed the journey as much as he enjoyed the destination. The physical length, however, was becoming a problem.

“Why must someone always have to mess up the instructions?” said the bat pony.

No one replied, as the train’s passengers consisted of but two souls. Or, in Omni’s opinion, one soul and one monster clearly lacking in the soul department. This monster was the target. It had to be killed. More than killed, in fact. It needed to be utterly destroyed, even if that meant wrecking the train.

Omni Chrome was a Prench bat pony, and member of Celestia’s Solar Guard. More specifically, he was in the division known as the Solar Eclipse Corps (SEC). This division’s sole purpose was covert operations, be it infiltration, undercover investigation or dealing with threats Celestia did not wish her subjects to know about. The current mission was in the latter category. It was so secret that Omni was the only guard member who knew about it.

The train was empty because Omni had ordered it so, under the guise of picking up high security convicts. His target had thought it was boarding the train without anyone’s knowledge. It was wrong. It now knew this. Due to an apparent miscommunication, the train was 13 carriages long, making it very difficult to locate the monster.

“Where are you, La Poney!?” he shouted, hoping to at least make it respond.

It did indeed respond, in a feminine voice, Prench accent similar to Omni’s own, “Wouldn’t you like to know, Monsieur Guillory?”

While he tried to locate the direction the voice came from, Omni replied, “That is not my name.”

“Of course it isn’t. Not any more, anyway. What was it again? Crum?”

“Chrome. Omni Chrome.”

The bat pony proceeded into the next carriage.

“What a stupide name. You’re not very colourful. Then again, you have changed your image before. Guess you just couldn’t be bothered with changing it, non?”

Just keep talking… I will have you soon,’ Omni thought to himself.

“By the way, how’s that bat wench of yours doing?”

Omni roared, “She is not a wench!”

“Pardonnez-moi. She is clearly a saint, after all those things she did before you met her.”

“That was in the past, and she regrets it. That is enough for me.”

“Your kindness makes me sick. With what you have, we should be working together, bringing an end to this disgusting, joyeux reality. You could even get to keep the wench.”

Next carriage.

“This world is beautiful. I wish to protect it for future generations to enjoy.”

“Future generations? Don’t tell me! You’ve had children? Itty bitty bat pony foals?! All cute and adorable?”

“Merde,” the soldier cursed quietly.

He had not wanted to let La Poney know about his new family. There’d already been an incident with a jealous colleague being corrupted and attacking during the pregnancy. Since then, Omni had focused on finding what corrupted the colleague, leading to the discovery of La Poney’s existence.

“Precious little Omni has a fully formed family. That’s so lovely I could just die… from excessive vomiting.”

“Please do.”

“Once I remove you from the equation, I shall begin this world’s collapse in Ponyville, with your house at ground zero. I recall the wench has some of your gift. Maybe she will put up a good fight, but in the end, she will fall.”

Crossing into yet another carriage, Omni growled loudly.

“Do not worry, Monsieur Crum. I’m not a complete monster. I think I might adopt your offspring. Carve them in my own image. They won’t be cute and cuddly after that, believe me.”

La Poney began to giggle evilly. She knew how to get to Omni, every time they spoke. If the stallion had anything to say about it, though, this would their last communique. While the voice continued to giggle away, Omni picked up the pace, making his way into the next carriage.

Out of the shadows, a black spike extended at extreme speed, aiming for Omni. It tried to pierce his chest, but just as it was about to make contact, a patch of Omni’s guard armour melted into existence, blocking the attack.

Due to the covert nature of SEC operations, members required a hidden way to protect themselves. As such, their armour is placed on magical stands that are connected to the owners. This allows them to summon them at will, and not necessarily altogether at once, as demonstrated just that moment.

“Every time I see that,” La Poney said as she walked into view. “I can’t help but admire the ingenuity. Magic is a wondrous thing, is it not?”

Omni glared at the target, seeing no need to continue conversing with it, now that it had been located. The all black imitation pony before him would strike fear into any normal Equestrian citizen’s heart. The ‘mare’ had no visible cutie mark, and black tendrils rose up from ‘her’ legs. The mane and tail were short, but flowed like Celestia’s. There were no eyes, leaving only holes. While La Poney smiled, one could see the many jagged rows of teeth, dark grey and grimey.

In previous encounters, the thing before Omni had proven a worthy adversary, capable of altering its race. If the witness accounts were anything to go by, it could even alter its sex and species. Of course, this was all imitation. Omni had seen what one of ‘her’ kind truly looked like, and it was far more disconcerting than how ‘she’ was now.

“Silly me. I forgot you only spoke to me so as to follow my voice. Well, here I am, lover boy. Come at me, if a gentleman like yourself can even hit a girl.”

“You are no girl.”

The entire suit of armour was called forth. As the train entered a tunnel, the armour displayed its ability to produce its own light, illuminating the carriage.

“Not a girl? I am hurt.”

“No, you are not. Not yet.”

Battle commenced.


It turned out that learning how to sail through a sandstorm by practising on a stationary boat does not work. The two ponies almost lost control on many occasions. If not for Applejack’s enchantments, they likely would have been unable to survive.

The entire boat was protected from sand, but allowed wind to strike the sail. Not only that, but Speed’s jacket was enchanted to protect his whole body. Cliff had gone and found someone to modify her straightjacket to make it less like a straightjacket, and add a hood. That too was enchanted like Speed’s jacket.

Currently, the untrained sailors were going for the longest amount of time without incident. Neither said this aloud for fear of jinxing themselves. When it came to direction, they had to keep to the outer edge, frequently moving further out to check their surroundings. As the name implied, High Peak was upon a tall mountain. If all went according to plan, it would be visible long before they had to leave the sandstorm’s helpful wind power.

“We should probably check again!” Speed yelled at Cliff.

The mare nodded and the two of them operated the boat accordingly. Out of nowhere, something bumped under wheel, knocking the boat off course. Cliff, who’d been pulling on a rope so hard she was leaning over the edge, fell overboard, still holding onto the rope with her mouth. Bullet stopped what he was doing and moved to help her.

“Hold on!”

Cliff made the mistake of trying to sarcastically reply, her mouth letting go of the rope. As luck would have it, the straightjacket had a couple straps left over from the modifications, and Bullet succeeded in biting one of them. He pulled Cliff close enough to get a leg around her. While he pulled her up, she got her fore hooves over the boat’s side and added her own strength. Both ponies were soon safely back on the boat, which was going whatever direction it wanted.

Before they could take back control, the boat burst out of the sandstorm. A long way ahead of them, they could see the sandstorm. In fact, it was in every direction. This was the eye of the storm. This wouldn’t have been an issue if the boat wasn’t losing speed fast. Cliff and Speed tried to turn the land vessel, but to no avail. It was stuck going perfectly straight, slowing down. Stopping. Stopped.

“How the heck are we gonna get this blasted thing back into the storm?”

“I dunno Speed… Can’t push it, else it’ll leave without us,” Cliff pointed out, hopping down to the sand.

Speed sat back and threw a hoof up in frustration. “Ugh! Any idea what happened?”

“Let me see here. Wheels are stuck in something. Sand’s hiding it.”

Sand was brushed away, and what Cliff found baffled her.

“Train tracks?”

Hearing Cliff, Speed jumped down and double checked her findings.

“They didn’t say anything about trains in the desert back at Pawridge, did they?” he asked.

“Not that I remember.”

“Maybe we can wait for the train to pass by and hitch a ride,” joked the stallion.

Cliff sighed and climbed back into the boat. She passed a rope down to her companion, then returned to his side with a rope of her own.

“We’ll have to topple it. Pull on three. One. Two. Th—”

All of a sudden, a train burst out of the sandstorm. In seconds, it smashed into the poor land boat. The broken remains pressed up against the engine front, the connected ropes yanking Cliff and Bullet along for the ride.

“SWEET PONY JESUS!” they screamed in chorus.

With two ponies flailing off of it, the train sped across the open patch of desert. Cliff looked to her friend.

She shouted over train, “Speed! I think this is like when we met!”

“What!?” he shouted, keeping his eyes sealed shut.

“We need to get on the train!”

“Are you insane!?” No reply. “Oh… Sorry!”

“We’re by the engine! Take my hoof and I’ll swing you!”

Bullet knew not to question the mare. He opened his eyes and swapped his hooves on the rope for his mouth. Cliff did the same, except she kept one leg wrapped around the rope for additional grip. Next, Bullet took Cliff’s freed hoof and allowed her to swing him, after a quick few swings to and fro, he got his rear hooves into the engine compartment.

Cliff pushed him so he could fall forward, all four hooves securely inside. The rope Bullet had was released, and then the stallion pulled Cliff in. Just as the second rope was let go, the train re-entered the sandstorm, only instead of the storm, the earth ponies saw a tunnel.

Speed let out a breath he’d held, “Phew.”

“You said it.”


The fight between Omni Chrome and La Poney was a fierce one. The monster had far more means of attacking at the same time, yet Omni managed to counter every attack, using the extendable blades on his armour. His own attacks never hit home, however, as La Poney was equally if not more agile.

“Still, you don’t use your gift. Why is that? Are you afraid of it?”

Omni grunted, explaining, “I do not wish to rely on it.”

“Pah! I remember when you cared less about that! So many of us fell to you! You’ll never beat me without it.”

‘She’ was right, but Omni didn’t want to admit it. He ducked out of the way of a high blow. When he stood back up, light came through the carriage windows. This was unexpected, as the tunnel should be longer.

The soldier thought to himself, ‘This fight has me losing track of time. I need to end this soo Is that desert sand I see!?

It was indeed a desert outside the carriage. This distraction caused Omni to suffer a strong, blunt blow to the chest, knocking him backwards. He smashed through the carriage door that attempted to halt his progress. La Poney ran after him, laughing.

“How convenient,” she observed. “A simple weak spot in the Multiverse and you’re struck dumb. I sometimes forget how short a time you’ve been at this. It really boggles the mind that you’re still a thorn in my side.”

“You talk too much.”

“You don’t talk enough.”

Omni got off his back and took up a new fighting stance, standing on his hind legs alone. His wings helped keep his balance.

“What’s this now? Attempting to go bipedal?”

La Poney laughed. A dark, liquid-like essence made itself visible on Omni’s legs. The laughter halted.

“Now that’s what I’m talking about!”

The desert view became replaced by tunnel walls once more. The battle continued.


Further up the train, two universally misplaced ponies were entering the first carriage.

“Ooooo, first class! Think we could fool the conductors?”

“I know I could,” Speed answered, emphasising his Britannian upper class accent. “But you… you’re clearly wearing a modified straightjacket.”

“Speak for yourself, fake leather colt! I can pass it off as one of those unusual fashions. Maybe I should try and plant the idea into some fashionista’s head in this reality before we get back to the quest, eh?”

The pair of them shared a laugh. It didn’t last long, fading out into awkward silence.

Bluntly, Speed asked, “The train’s abandoned, isn’t it?”

Cliff looked up and down the carriage.

“No engineers up front, first carriage is empty and the second looks the same through the window. I’d hazard a guess at the others being no different, so yeah; Abandoned.”

“Know how to operate a train?”

“Not at all.”

“Should we figure out the brakes?”

“Definitely.”

As Cliff and Speed turned back to the engine, they heard a loud crash. Looking back to the windows into the next carriages, they could make out something coming their way. This something was smashing its way up to them. In no time at all, this something came through the last door.

It turned out the something was two ponies. One was ramming into the other. The rammer, a bat pony, wore armour resembling that of the Solar Guards, with only a few slight differences. He spotted the two new observers, eyes going wide. Skidding to a halt, he spun and threw the second, rather peculiar looking pony back down into the second carriage, where it fell into some seats.

“Tell me how you two got on this train!?” demanded the bat pony.

“Ugh, a Prenchie,” Cliff whispered, forgetting about the bat pony’s improved hearing.

Speed blurted out, “Your train hit our boat!”

“Your boat? I do not even— No matter! You are in danger here!”

“You mean from that thing?”

Cliff pointed past the bat pony at the pony that was far more than peculiar; it was downright creepy.

“Luna’s sake! Get to the engine!”

They did as commanded, looking back at the armoured one, only to have him knocked into them. They all tumbled together into the engine compartment. The scary as Tartarus pony laughed maniacally as it approached. The train exited the tunnel, the sudden flash of bright natural light temporarily blinding everypony.

As their eyes became accustomed to the new lighting, they heard the sound of crunching wood, and the train left the tracks.

“The boat! It’s derailing us!”

The bat pony embraced both earth ponies with a hoof each and everything went black. They could feel themselves bouncing this way and that, but something dulled the impacts. At least, for Speed and Cliff. The bat pony kept grunting with each impact.

Eventually, the bouncing stopped and the bat pony let go, falling onto his back. With the release from embrace, light returned. Leaving the bat pony to rest a little bit, Speed and Cliff got up and took a look around. Carriages could be seen, beaten, broken, lying about the place. The tracks crossed a bridge over a river nearby. The engine was nose first in the water, dead. Even further along, what they assumed was the other pony was spotted galloping along the tracks towards a very familiar looking town.

“So, evil and potentially deadly pony thing is headed for Ponyville,” Cliff stated.

Bullet smiled. “I don’t think we need to worry. I mean, everything else that’s tried to be a problem’s been beaten by the Element Bearers, right?”

“You might be right there.”

“You do not know what that thing is capable of,” the bat pony groaned, trotting past the other two. “The Elements can do nothing against it.” He spread his wings. “They draw power from emotional unity. It takes great power, pure and emotionless, to harm it. That, or a being not of this world.”

As he took off, Cliff jumped after him and held him down.

“Hold your horses, Prenchie. What do you mean, ‘not of this world’?”

“Argh, get off me, you dumb mare! I must stop it before it ruins this world. There is little—”

Speed yelled at him, “We ain’t of this world, either!”

“Quoi?”

“It’s true! We can help!”

The bat pony returned to the ground and looked over the otherworlders. He seemed to take note of something and nodded.

“Very well. It will still be faster to fly there.”

The bat pony’s armour seemingly melted out of existence, earning an awe filled comment from Speeding Bullet.

“Freaky.”

Cliff, however, saw a flaw in the plan, saying as such, “How are we gonna fly there with just one pair of wings?”

“I shall carry you.”

“You don’t look-”

A black, liquid-like essence appeared on the Prench stallion’s fore legs and wings, spreading over them rapidly. The wings grew to two, three, four times their original size and the legs bulged.

“-strong… enough… the feck?”

“Stallion, climb on my back. Mare, I shall carry you under belly.”

Speechless, Speed climbed aboard the bat pony, who then lifted off the ground. He flew over Cliff, picking her up like he said he would. With that, the trio flew towards Ponyville. They talked while in the air, introducing themselves. The earth ponies explained how they came to be on the train, keeping it compressed to save time. Then it was Omni’s turn.

“That creature is an Everto. Everto are foul beings bent on annihilating the Multiverse. They believe that what remains will be their paradise. The one we pursue is known only as La Poney. I have ascertained that it is the last in this reality. I have already removed the access point that allowed their entry, and La Poney is not an Everto who can summon more. The only remaining way to enter this world is during ruination. It intends to commence this in my home, after killing my loved ones… or worse.”

“Worse?”

“They can possess and corrupt others, mutating the genetics, or simply turning them completely into one of their own. The end result depends on the victim. Either way, it is a fate worse than death.”

Ponyville was very close now, but there was no sight of La Poney. Omni started lowering the party down. Once the ground was within reach, Cliff hit it running.

“I know you said the Elements can’t help, but I’m gonna warn Twilight, all the same!” she explained as she galloped off towards the library.

“She and the other princesses are the only ones aware of the true threat. Have her inform Celestia!”

Omni then continued to fly, albeit low enough to touch ground, headed for his home.

Speed began to ask, “Hey Omni, how do we know this ruination is star… ting… Oh Luna… Is that your—?”

“Oui.”

“I am so sorry.”

Before the now landed stallions was a house. This house was crumbling before their very eyes. Even some scaffolding on one side was crumbling like stone rather than metal. The air around it seemed oddly lifeless, without colour. This lifelessness was spreading, about to reach the neighbouring buildings.

Out of the front door came their quarry, dragging behind it the body of another bat pony. It threw the body forward, but not far enough to escape the ruined air. Upon leaving contact with the killer, the body rapidly rotted, decayed, became but a skeleton, which then turned to dust.

“Ma chérie…” Omni whispered.

“It appears I overestimated her, Monsieur Crum. Then again, that might be because your lovely little life had dulled her senses, and I managed to simply sneak behind her.”

Through gritted teeth, Omni instructed, “Bullet, keep yourself and anyone other than myself out of the radius of the ruination. Should I manage to get La Poney out of it, feel free to kick the ever loving shit out of it.”

“Yes sir!”

“Oh,” La Poney gasped. “I almost forgot. Have you met your new and improved child? Turns out the other had a strong resistance to the essence, so I had to kill her too. Sorry about that.”

A cute little colt walked out the house and stood beside La Poney.

“I didn’t ask what you called him, so I named him myself. Come on, Le Poney Junior. Say hello to daddy.”

The colt opened its mouth, but the only sounds to come out were disturbing gurgles and grunts.

“Huh… the voice box must still be resisting. They really are your children. Well…” La Poney snorted. “Were.”

Omni just stood where he was, baring his teeth at La Poney, eyes filled to the brim with rage. At the same time, Speed watched a second Omni come out of the shadows behind his son.

“Forgive me, mon fils,” he said, as he stabbed the colt.

With an unnaturally high pitched screech, the foal exploded into black wispy smoke, which quickly dispersed from view. Straight after this, Omni began to attack La Poney, who kept blocking and evading.

“You’re a sentimental fool, Monsieur Crum. You could’ve caught me off guard and ended me. You should know full well that the foal would’ve been easy to defeat on its own. Yet you did what you did and I’m still a threat!”

Speed watched helplessly as the two fought. Whatever it was that made it safe for Omni to be inside the growing zone of ruination, Speed didn’t have it. Nor did the gormless ponies stood around watching, the zone approaching them.

“Get away from here!” he yelled. “If that weird air touches you, you’re dead!”

Although a good majority of ponies listened to the stallion, some remained motionless. Then, when one unlucky mare was met with the ruination, there wasn’t anypony waiting around. There was running and screaming. Amongst the crowd, Bullet spotted Cliff, who was acting like everypony else for some reason.

He observed her as another mare came up to her. Recognising this new mare from his own world, Speed continued his observation, watching the mare grab Cliff and tap a hoof on some device on her leg. The pair of them vanished.

“What on Celestia’s Sun was that?” Bullet asked himself.

“Omni Chrome needs my help!”

From out of the crowd came Princess Twilight, Cliff Jumper hot on her tail. Before the alicorn could enter the ruination, though, Bullet blocked her way.

“Don’t go in there!”

“Why? Who are you?”

Cliff caught up, panting, answering, “Speeding… Bullet… friend… he’s right… dangerous.”

“Don’t worry. Omni has told me and the other princesses about these things and what they can do. He has said that alicorns are not affected instantly. I only have to be brief!”

Before either of the earth ponies could do anything to stop her, Twilight teleported past Bullet and continued towards the battle. She crossed into the ever expanding ruination.

“See, everything’s fi— AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH-”

Twilight’s screams were ear splitting. Her entire body was aging at such a speed that it hurt. Soon, however, the screams stopped, and the not-so-immortal alicorn suffered the same fate as those before her. With everypony else galloping for the hills, Cliff and Speed were the only ones to witness the demise. Unable to voice how she felt, Cliff bowed her head in respect. Speed followed suit.

The pair lifted their heads back up in time to see more Everto come storming out of the ruins of Omni’s house. The bat pony tried his best to stop them from spreading, but there were too many, and he still had to contend with La Poney. The newly arriving Everto went in all directions, overtaking the spreading area of ruination. Some had seen the earth ponies and went for them.

“Oh crap!” Speed shouted, turning to run.

Cliff stood firm.

“No, Speed! We can fight them off!”

“Not that many, you stupid mare! We need to escape!”

“We have to help Omni!”

The pony in question called over, “You must go! You stand no chance!”

It was too late, though. The approaching Everto leapt upon them. They looked different to La Poney. Monstrous humanoids, they had grey, almost black skin. Black eyes with red dots for apparent pupils eyed up their quarry. Their claws dripped with the dark essence their kind wielded. The only similarity between these things and La Poney were the rows upon rows of sharp, grimey teeth.

Cliff kicked as many Everto as she could, as did Speed, only less so with his bad leg holding him back. Claws swiped away at them, coming close to drawing blood. Something in the back of their minds told the ponies to not let the claws get them.

All hope seemed lost. Omni, stuck in a seemingly endless battle with La Poney. Cliff and Speed, running out of energy, unable to destroy a single Everto with simple kicks. But then, a bright light shone in the sky. The Sun’s light intensified, and beams of energy shot forth from the heavens.

The air was filled with the screams of dissipating Everto. La Poney managed to evade the light beam intended for her and became a shadow on the ground, slinking away. More Everto flowed endlessly from the ruination’s centre, and even more than that began to stream out of other crumbling buildings. The beams could not get them all.

With a flash of light, Princess Luna arrived on the scene with Shining Armour at her side, shielding the pair of them. The unicorn extended his shield just enough to engulf Cliff and Bullet. As the ruination spread ever further, passing over Luna and her escort, Shining’s shield proved strong enough to resist its effects. The princess began to blast at the closest Everto.

“SUBJECTS! TO ME!” ordered Luna, using the Royal voice productively.

Omni made a beeline for the shield, and successfully entered its protection. The other two ponies got closer to the princess, allowing Shining to shrink the shield.

“What do we do now?!” asked Cliff, flinching away from the Everto pounding on the shield.

The light in the sky vanished, and a second later, Princess Celestia appeared with the shielded group.

The princess of the Sun replied, “Now, Miss Jumper, we flee.”

The horns of the two princesses began to glow in unison. Soon after, the last ponies in Ponyville teleported away, shield and all.

Author's Note:

'Everto Impetus' is latin for 'Demons Attack/Storm of Demons'
The name 'Everto', while meaning 'Demons', can also mean many words I associate with these Demons of mine, such as 'Ruin', 'Destroy', 'Annihilate', etc.

Edited by: Maskedferret and Superluminous

Proofread by: PandOracle and Drgnwolf