• Published 7th May 2014
  • 18,079 Views, 1,011 Comments

Gravity of the Situation - DJSkywalker



A young girl sealed in stone for over a thousand years has been releaed due to Discord's chaos. After everything that happened can she forgive the alicorn sisters for what they've done? Or will Equestria be destroyed by a great force of the

  • ...
102
 1,011
 18,079

Ups and Downs of Living

The girls stared at me with slack jaws and bug-wide eyes. This lasted for several moments before Twilight spoke again. “He’s alive? How do you know for sure? Did that ‘Auric’ pony tell you that?”

I shook my head. “No Twilight, I can hear him. I can hear Dusty’s voice in my mind. I-I have to go! I need to find him!” I began to turn around, but the ponies called after me.

“Wait Kat!” I heard from Fluttershy, whose voice was much louder than I had ever heard it before. Just her calling out to me like that was enough to cause me to stop and look back just to confirm she had actually said that. “Sorry for yelling,” she said hiding in her mane. Is she bipolar? “You shouldn’t go out late like this. Maybe you should wait for morning. If that’s alright.”

There it is again. She is so dang familiar to me. Ah well, think on it later, I have a friend to find. “I can’t do that Fluttershy. I can hear Dusty calling out to me, but it’s getting fainter and fainter. I need to leave now so I can find him.”

“If you do,” started Pinkie, but I interrupted.

“Not ‘if’, ‘when’.”

When you find Dusty,” Pinkie corrected, “does that mean you’ll finally forgive the princesses?”

“You know, Auric spent that entire time we had out there trying to convince me to do just that.”

The mares all leaned in, eager for my reply. “Well don’t leave us in suspense!” Applejack demanded. “Will ya? Will ya forgive the princesses for their mistake?”

I looked at them with a genuine smile and answered. “Not on your life!” They all gasped a reared back. “I will never forgive those two. Not until they lie at my feet, crushed beneath my power!”

“Not even our visitor from another world can dissuade you?” Twilight asked with fear in her voice.

It was at that point that I burst out laughing. I hadn’t laughed so hard in years, not since owning Dissy in every prank war he ever started. I never began the fighting, it was all on him. “That guy was a fool! He thought he was so smart! I led that guy on like a fat kid with a Twinkie. As if some strange human-pony thing from another world could talk me out of this. I just told him a bunch of fake sob stories when I realized he was here to dissuade me from revenge. I even mixed up my own thoughts to believe I was saying was true, just in case he was a telepath. Don’t think he was, but you can never be too careful.”

“Th-then you lied! You lied to that pony!” Applejack admonished.

“He was so easy to fool. I played him just like a freakin’ harp. And the things he was telling me? Pffbt, I could come with better material off the back of a cereal box. Played the old broken damsel card; works ever time,” I said with a smug grin. “Thanks to that, I know what to expect from him and a few others as well as few interesting tidbits. Perhaps he should learn not to be so open.”

“That’s terrible Kat!” Rarity threw in. “Why would you do that to somepony who was trying to help you?”

“Because I don’t need their help! I have always been fine on my own. The only reason I took up Celestia’s offer was so I would have a place to sleep and money in my pocket. I didn’t need to work for them to protect others. I just did it for the benefits. Sure after a while we bonded a little, but then everything went south when Discord went crazy. Those two were always suspicious of me, with good reason. They are probably freaking out still in their little castle. They should be! Within the week, my powers will be back at full and then, oh ho ho, then I’ll have the rulers of this country beaten and battered to a pulp.”

“Are you sure you’re not a villain Kat?” asked Pinkie with narrowed eyes staring at me. It looked as if she were waiting for me to start glowing and yelling out ‘this isn’t even my final form!’ or something.

“Only to those who harm the innocent. Other than that, I just do my job and live. Now, if you will excuse me, I got a friend to find.” I took off before any of them could say anything and took to the sky. I could still hear Dusty’s voice calling out to me and it got louder as I continued south. I began to fly over some strange looking forest as I followed my dear, departed friend’s voice. I soon came across a large ruin in the center of the forest, truly ancient and falling apart. I descended and landed outside the front entrance. Walking through the decaying front door, Dusty’s voice much louder than before.

Ka~~t!” He was calling for me, I had to find him.

“Dusty? Dusty! Dusty, where are you?” I yelled out in to the ruins.

Ka~~t!” Further in! I took off in a run, being careful not to trip on any of the rubble. Even after wearing them for hundreds of years, running in heals was still an annoyance. I really need to get some new clothes. I ran into a large open room with what looked like the remains of two stone chairs. Two familiar stone chairs. I looked around at my surroundings so much more clearly. Those crumbling walls, the moth eaten curtains, the broken stone floor. Then I looked up above the chairs and there they still hung, the banners of the Sisters. It finally clicked, this was the old castle. My old home; what happened to it? I need to call in a redecorator, because if Celestia abandoned this place, then I call dibs!

KAT!!” The exclamation in my head brought me back to reality and began to search around the room in a panic.

“Dusty! Where are you?”

Over here, mistress. It is go-good to see you ag-again.

His stuttering was weird, but I looked back towards the old thrones and then down. There he sat, fur still black as night, stars twinkling on his body, red eyes that took some getting used to. Right where he had once been, my Dusty stood again. Tears began to stain my eyes and cheeks as I rushed towards him. “DUSTY!!” I threw my arms around him…only for them to pass right through him. I stared in shock and fear. I waved my hand towards my old friend and it just passed right through.

Kat,” he said mournfully.

“What, what is this? Some cruel joke!” I felt like screaming, tearing this world apart, piece by bloody freakin’ piece.

No, Kat. This is no j-joke. I still do not have enough power to return.” His visage began to stutter, as if he were…

“You’re a hologram?” I asked, pulling back.

In a sense. I felt you return and knew that we would n-need to talk. You-you must w-warn the princesses, Kat. You all n-need to pre-need to prepare.

“Prepare? Prepare for what? And why would I need those traitorous bitches? They killed you! You told me not to let them get away with it!”

I was not r-referring to the pri-princesses. Another power grows, Kat. The same one th-that framed you for the disasters at those other cities. You are going to need the princesses’ h-help to win the coming battles.

“Why? Why is all this happening? What is happening? Dusty, tell me what is going on?”

I can-cannot stay m-much longer. Do not worry, Mistress, I will-I will return. Be careful Kat. Remember what I taught you: Innocent until proven guilty, gather the facts, and always, always…

“Always think with my head, not my powers,” I finished for him, tears falling much fiercer. “Please don’t go Dusty. I need you.”

It won’t be forever, Kat. Be warned, my dear Kat, we are not alone. There is another, another who will destroy.” His head whipped around, staring at nothing. “I need to go, they are coming. Stay safe Kat, master your strengths and face your weaknesses. I have faith in you. Farewell.

I watched with moist eyes as Dusty once again faded away from my life. I placed my head in my hands and sobbed, desperate for my little Dusty to come back to me. I didn’t get time to grieve for long, as I heard a strange whirring coming from the thrones. My head jerked up and what I saw was not something I ever thought I would see in Equestria. It was a gravity cloud, like from the game! But those always led to…crap!

They jump out of the cloud, six in all. Their black and red skin reminiscent of my own aura, but with grotesque, massive, pink eyes protruding from the top of their bodies. Four, tall, crab-like legs sprouted from them and they looked to me with death-like stares. Nevi! The enemies of the game, come to life. More specifically, Nevi minions, the weakest of those disgusting creatures. I shuddered and backed away from them, but that was a mistake. My movement caught their attention and they started scuttling towards me with fervor. I freaked, and lit up, floating higher than they could reach.

Then it hit me. These were the creatures that Dusty was referring to. Somehow the Nevi must have been what attacked Cloudsdale and the others. They were the reason that Celestia and Luna killed Dusty. I felt my rage grow at the realization, my anger for the sisters growing to include these monsters. I roared in anger at them and flew forward, left leg fully extended. I hit the first one dead in the eye, blowing it to pieces instantly. The rebound sent me back to the air and I looked at the remaining five.

“Who’s next?” They screamed at me and I returned in same, launching in to a full face fight.

**********

When I awoke, it was late morning as the sun was high in the sky. It took longer than I thought to off the other five minions and coupled with my already exhausted self, I collapsed after kicking the last one into hell. I stretched after sitting up, stone not being the best bedding. I looked around and saw that the small battle actually did very little to the ruined castle. Honestly, it hurt to see the old place in this state.

That’s when I had an idea. Those six ponies probably don’t want to have me around right now, not for a while, anyway. So I was going to need a place to stay and what better place than the old homestead. I may not be much of a carpenter, or an architect, but I bet I could piece this place together with that Gravity Bind technique I have been working on. My stomach grumbled before I could do anything, though.

“Heh, looks like I am going to need food before shelter.” Then I stopped as I realized what I was doing. “And I’m talking to myself again. Oh well, Auric was right when he said sanity was overrated. Time for scavenging!” I lit up and took off for the forest, hoping for a berry filled breakfast.

It wasn’t quite as filling as I had hoped, but at least I had something in my stomach. I immediately got to work on fixing the castle, starting with the bedrooms. I took Celestia’s since it was always the biggest. That’s one small victory for Kat! Ha ha Celestia! Told you one day I would take this big ass bedroom from you, ya cake obsessed jerk.

With that little smile-inducing thought, I finished up my new living quarters. Gravity Bind is definitely a neat little trick. See, how it works is that I focus on two objects with Stasis Fields and I force them to bind to each other’s gravitational field. This is permanent until something comes along that can split their fields apart. And it works with stone, who knew? Now there aren’t even any unsightly grout and concrete lines. I admired my work for a moment, but then I began to think on what Dusty had told me: that I would need Celestia and Luna’s help to fight these nevi. Why Dusty? Why would you want me to work with the ones who took you away?

Wait, ‘innocent until proven guilty’? Ah, man! Dusty! Really, you even knew it was an accident, yet your last words are ‘don’t let them get away with this’? After knowing me for over two hundred and fifty years, you really didn’t think I would take that wrong way? I sighed aloud and shook my head. He has too much faith in me, that cat. Well, I may need their help, but that don’t mean I am going to forgive them. That would make Auric right and that certainly ain’t gonna happen soon. Thinks he so smart, I’ll show him! He fell for the oldest trick in the book and still thinks he knows everything. Well, he don’t know me, that’s for sure as hell true. The pleasures of the insane gone sane.

I suddenly felt a new pressure coming from nearby. I looked out in the direction of Ponyville and recognized the feel and sight from there. Celestia had come to town. Should I go and meet her? No, not yet. Not until I had all the facts. I needed to see how bad this nevi threat was and I had a several more days to go before my power would be back at its fullest. I can’t face Celestia until I knew I could take her down if need be. So I turned away from Ponyville and focused my attention to the world at large. Yesterday’s gravity disturbance was still there, far off from Equestria. Someplace I hadn’t been in a long time. I powered up and took flight once again. Time to visit the Dragon Lands.

Author's Note:

Did you really think it would be that easy to forgive the Sisters? Ha! Pulled one over on ya! No, Kat still has vengeance on the brain, but had to get Auric Fulcrum out of her hair before she could do anything about it. So now we go on an adventure with dragons! See ya next time!