• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 5,653 Views, 246 Comments

Butterflies In Her Tummy - Hivemind



(2nd Person x Fluttershy) A special surprise is about to enter into your life. Sequel to another story.

  • ...
16
 246
 5,653

Part 11

“Hey, everypony! Mail’s here!” yelled Applejack through paper-clenched teeth as she trotted into the family farmhouse kitchen. The country mare’s loud voice roused Granny Smith from her snoring slumber, who sat in a rickety arm chair in the corner of the room. The old mare looked around with dreary eyes and mumbled something about timber wolves before immediately falling asleep again, wheezing like a freight train.

“Oh, granny.” Applejack chuckled. She took her seat in a chair at the kitchen table and started to go through the new arrivals, silently murmuring to herself as she did.

“Let’s see…junk mail, junk mail, bill…letter?”

While mail was usually the only way the Apple family received important information, receiving a letter from somepony outside of Ponyville was quite uncommon, as anypony in the quaint, little town could just pay them a visit right where they live.

The hoofwriting on the strangely dirt-covered envelope was slapdash, messy, and had a faint odor of carrots, but with a keen eye Applejack was able to make out Big Macintosh’s name, along with the name of the sender.

“Angelica?” said Applejack. “What kinda’ name is that for a pony? Do ah’ even know an Angelica?”

As she quizzically stared at the envelope, the red stallion himself strolled into the kitchen from the living room after hearing his sister’s calling cry. His forehead was damp with sweat having just stepped inside the house after working outside in the heat for so long.

“Mail?” said Big Mac, with a voice as plain as ever. Applejack nodded.

“Right here.” The orange mare passed the dirty envelope to her brother, who took a few seconds to look over it before gently grasping it with his teeth.

“I’ll take care of the rest of this,” Applejack continued. “Is tha’ harvest all in?”

“Eeyup.”

“No problems?”

“Eeyup.”

“Bugs?”

“Nope.”

“Dead trees?”

“Nope.”

“Critters?”

Big Mac put a hoof to his chin, faintly recalling seeing a smiling, white rabbit running through the fields, but it must have been his eyes playing tricks on him, so he put it clear out of his mind.

“Nope.”

“Well…alrighty then! Thanks for ya’ help, Big Mac!”

The red stallion gave a respectable ‘You’re welcome’ before trotting into the living room, where he turned towards the creaky staircase and began ascending to the top floor. After moving across the hallway, he walked into his cozy bedroom and placed the letter onto his nightstand drawer. He thought about opening it now, but his coat and mane were beyond filthy, and were in dire need of a good cleaning. He could feel a layer of dirt and stenchy musk coating his skin underneath his coat, and he hardly believed that his dear grandmother would approve of his dirty, stinking look at the dinner table tonight, for the Apple family was celebrating yet another successful harvest with a big, hearty meal like they always do.

The letter could wait. The shower was calling to him.

~~~~~

Angel Bunny wiped his forehead free of sweat, weary and out of breath. His lungs felt like they were on fire, and his legs felt stiff and uncomfortable.

But still he managed to power through the pain and fatigue with the fact that his plan was going better than he ever thought it would. Originally, he expected it to fail from the start, what with all the complex espionage and trickery needed to get through each stage.

He watched in silence from the cover of a wild rose bush as the orange mare walked through the farmhouse front door. When the door slammed shut behind her, he could rest easy knowing that his master plan was completed!

…almost. Almost completed.

He had one final objective; one more letter to deliver, this one being addressed to none other than Ponyville’s favorite librarian and the key focal point in his plan, Twilight Sparkle.

The devious bunny turned and set his sights on the arboreal library. Victory never felt so close. He could see it now. When the scene was set, when the elements were prepped and ready, it would nothing but smooth sailing. He could sit back, relax, and munch on his favorite carrots while the world in which he knew morphed into hell-on-earth. Cruel? Maybe, but his mind was set.

~~~~~

The warm feeling of Fluttershy’s kisses on your cheek still remained on your lips long after you arrived home. As soon as you walked through the front door, you found the shy pegasus standing there in the living room; watching, waiting for your return. Though a tad eerie, she explained that the winter months were on their way, and the number of animals she had to take care of was starting to decrease, so she had less work to do each day.

The year had gone by so fast it seemed. Hearth’s Warming Eve was practically waiting around the corner. It would only be a few months more before the town was covered in snow, streamers, and tidings of good cheer.

As you lay flat on the living room couch, all around you, the many residents of your humble home began to gather around. To celebrate your new time off, Fluttershy thought it delightful to spend the rest of the evening watching a favorite movie of hers. A movie projector, generously provided by Ponyville’s own librarian, stood tall on the coffee table in front of the couch, and a large, white sheet hung from the rafters above to act as the viewing screen.

You could smell the succulent, delightful smell of salted butter in the air. Your highest hopes came through for you, and Fluttershy gracefully skipped out of the kitchen with two large bowls of fresh popcorn on her back; one for the animals, the other for the both of you to share. She wore a bright, joyful smile as she frolicked towards you. After placing the bowl of the animal’s snack on the floor, she turned and passed the second bowl to you, where the two of you exchanged a kiss before the canary mare laid down in front of you on the couch, resting her head upon your neck.

“Shall we get started?” you ask, smiling down at her. She nodded in reply, keeping her gaze firmly focused on yours.

You reach forward towards the projector and press a red button before flicking the starter switch. Within moments, the gentle hum of the projector fills the room, and a bright, white light beams out through the glass porthole, aimed directly at the hanging screen. The film reel starts to spin, showcasing the movies stylish color imagery, not like the dull black and white films of the older days. The words, “Faux Pas of the Heart” fade in from the lavish background; a popular romance novel expanded into a feature film by none other than its author turned producer: Howie Show.

As the main intro to the movie kicks off, Fluttershy turns to you and gently nudges you with her muzzle. At her call, you turn your head towards her, acknowledging her with simple nod of your head.

“Mind if I ask you something?” she asks with a smile.

“Of course,” you reply, pressing the tip of your own muzzle against hers.

Fluttershy blushes, her smile growing even wider. “You know that the winter months are coming soon, right?”

“Right. What about it?”

“Well…th-this was something we’ve wanted to do for a long time, but--”

“We?”

“My mother and I. She wants to come to Ponyville for a visit.”

You could faintly recall meeting Fluttershy’s mother at the wedding long ago. With the wedding long past, her physical appearance was bleak in your mind at best, though you do remember that she was just as kind, if not more so, than Fluttershy. You seemed to remember her mother’s voice as well, which was just as calm and just as soothing as hers.

“W-well, it’s more of a casual move-in,” Fluttershy added. “She was supposed to move to a new home in Cloudsdale today, but rogue weather coming in from the Everfree forest delayed the move, but we’re not sure how much longer it will take, and it can get pretty chilly near the mountains where she used to live. She needed a place to stay for a few weeks, so I offered that she stay with us for a little while.”

“Oh…” you sigh.

“I-is something wrong?” Fluttershy asks, worried.

“N-no!” you quickly retort. “But don’t we have…plans?”

“Plans? What plans?”

It finally dawns on you. You had forgotten to make plans, romantic or otherwise, with your new time off, but then again, it hasn’t even been a full day yet, and you could never say no to Fluttershy.

“Nothing…” you say. “When is she arriving?”

“Umm…tomorrow, actually. She’ll be arriving at the train station sometime in the afternoon, I think. Do you mind coming with me to pick her up? I’m sure she’d love to see you again!”

Though so sudden and so unexpected, the arrival of your mother in law hardly mattered to you at all; within reason anyway. Even when you were at home, you seldom received any company, and it would be nice to have the mother of Equestria’s sweetheart stay for a little while.

“Of course!” you reply, a bright smile adorned upon your face. “But who’ll watch the animals while we’re gone?”

“I’m sure that Angel could do it.”

“Actually, Fluttershy, I haven’t seen Angel around in days. I figured that you’d know where he might be since I was always away at work.”

“Th-there’s no need to worry.” Ironically, you could sense the worry in Fluttershy’s voice, but she kept a confident smile. “I’m sure he’s just out in Ponyville somewhere. He’s a grown bunny after all, and he always finds his way back home.”

“Oh…well, what about Remi?” You suggest as you started to scan your eyes around the room. “I’m sure he’s around here somewhere.”

~~~~~

Remi paced pensively behind the cover of a tall stack of empty boxes brought home by Fluttershy after she went out shopping earlier that day. Thought after heated thought bombarded the tempered ferret’s mind. He felt alone, and rightfully so. After his little display of threatening force earlier that day most of the animals in the house strayed far away from him, both of out anger and fear.

Though the loneliness was depressing, he found that he could care less for what the other animals thought of him, for his mind was in a completely different state. He had a problem to solve; a bug to squash, or in this case, the devious doings of a certain white rabbit to stand against.

Angel has done some pretty strange things since they became friends, but what he had in mind was just pushing it to a dangerous, intolerable limit.

Before, his plan “seemed” reasonable enough to participate in, but when put to some serious thought, his desiring path to remain king of the jungle was found to be paved with the soulless torture of others. He had to find a way to stop him, but blind anger kept his train of thought anchored to the ground.

Once again in need to release pitted fury, Remi looked for the closest thing he can land his fist on. Good thing there was a soft wall behind him. He whirled around and went at it, landing blow after hard blow on the colorful cardboard plating. While his mind was slowly being vented, the tower of boxes began to lean back and forth, shaking and wobbling as the slithery mammal abused it like a punching bag.

~~~~~

“Hmm…where is the little guy?” you say as you continue to scan your eyes around the dark room. “It’s not like him to hide all of a sudden…”

The question of Remi’s whereabouts still floated around in your mind, but you would find your answer sooner than you think. In the corner of the room, you are taken by surprise as a loud ensemble of crashing thuds fills your startled ears. You and Fluttershy both turn your heads towards the source of the noise, and find Remi standing in the middle of the disaster, his head poking out from within a pile of empty boxes, and a pink plume of embarrassed blush on his cheeks. The other animals just sat and stared with blank expressions, not one of them making a move to aid him.

Remi raised one of his paws and waved sheepishly. Seeing your ferret friend in such a silly situation, you join Fluttershy in a feeble fit of laughter.

While their caretakers were turned away, the animals quickly reformed their monotone faces into angry sneers of disgust before turning away themselves. Remi frowned, dipping his head into a shameful sulk.

The night dragged on as the movie neared its end. Fluttershy had fallen asleep next to you hours ago, snoozing peacefully with her head leaning on your shoulder. The other animals also became tired sometime around the climax of the movie, and retreated to their respective huts and houses to rest. Your beloved Remi however stayed by your side, yet he too was fast asleep, curled into a ball on your other side.

When the finale rolls around, when the scene of the mare and stallion kissing fades to black, the film reel runs out, and the projector shuts down automatically, blanketing the room in darkness and dim shadow. Moonlight shone in through a nearby window, beaming down onto Fluttershy’s head. The silvery light shone off her lavish pink locks beautifully, and you emphasized your feelings with a kiss to her forehead. The mare of kindness smiled and turned over in her sleep.

Midnight was on the rise, and you too were starting to feel the effects of sleep deprivation. The thought of awakening Fluttershy to go to bed upstairs was practically nonexistent, as you had already planned ahead for such a comfortable situation.

Behind you, a large quilt lay draped over the tall couch banister. You gently pull it down towards you and cover yourself with it, of course making sure that your delicate darling received her share of the warmth. The couch was small, but you figured you’d manage for at least one night.

As you lay there, staring up at the ceiling and awaiting the moment when your eyes would cave in and whisk you away to dream land, you feel a minor disappointment start to creep up on you. You felt very fortunate to receive some time off from work, yet despite its unexpectedness, you still had a few special ideas in mind as to how you would spend it. Of course, you were going to spend it with your all-deserving wife, but even with her mother’s abrupt arrival, you knew, wholly and truly, that if she was happy, then you were happy, no matter what.