• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 1,160 Views, 24 Comments

Torchhoof - zzuxon



Twilight is a secret agent. She tells her friends about it, and they meet new friends.

  • ...
0
 24
 1,160

Prologue

PROLOGUE
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the property of Hasbro, Lauren Faust, and the Hub. I am making absolutely no money off of this, and it is for the entertainment of myself and my fellow bronies.
The character Queenside was inspired by Bastion from the fimfic Night's Rook by Ardite.
The character Live Wire was inspired by Kilowatt Hour from the fimfic Shipping and Handling by Pegasus Rescue Brigade.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight Sparkle was distraught. It was not often that she felt threatened by her best friends, and it was never a pleasant experience. She was cornered in her own library.
“Twi’, what do you keep doing, runnin’ off like that, not coming back for a week or more, and not tellin’ us where you’re goin’?”
“Applejack, I’ve told you I CAN’T tell you all where I’m going.”
“Well, could you tell us why you can’t tell us? You know, if that’s possible.”
“I’m sorry Fluttershy, but I can’t tell you why I can’t tell you.”
“Twilight, losing a friends trust-“
“-Is the fastest way to lose a friend forever, I know Pinkie.”
“Darling, you can trust us!”
“I DO Rarity! If I could tell you all, I would.”
“Well who’s keeping you from telling us?”
“I can’t tell you that either Dash, but… I will ask her for permission to tell you, tonight. But first I need you all to leave.”
“No, I-“
“Let her be Dash, let’s go, Twi’ needs some time.”
Hearing the door close, Spike began walking down the stairs.
“Hey Twilight! Need me to take a note?”
“No, I’ll write it myself. I’ll need you to send it though.”
A purple aura engulfed a nearby quill. It lifted into the air and towards a blank parchment.

Dear Princess Celestia,
I am in need of help. As you know, I’ve been having many assignments recently. My friends are becoming suspicious, and they think I don’t trust them enough to tell them what I’m doing. As Pinkie Pie says: “Losing a friend’s trust is the best way to lose a friend, FOR-E-VER.” If you want this friendship, and our research, to continue, I need your permission to tell them. As you know, I’ve been lobbying for them to get invitations to take the entrance exam. I believe that they all have skills that would make them valuable agents, even aside from being the Elements of Harmony. So please tell me, can I tell them about Torchhoof?
Your Faithful Student,
Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight rolled up the letter, and floated it to Spike, who incinerated it. The ashes promptly flew out an open window. A few minutes later, Spike doubled over clutching his abdomen, and belched. A letter quickly materialized from the flames. Twilight grabbed it telekineticly in mid-air, and pulled it to her. "Oh please, Oh please, Oh please." She unfurled it.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,
In short, yes. I have approved your requests for Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash to receive the applicant exam to become Torchhoof agents. As this may be an excellent opportunity to get a first hand look at the job, not only do I give you permission to tell them, I want you to take them to District 1 HQ, and introduce them to your friends there. This will help them make their decision when offered the entrance exam.

“YES!” Twilight ran outside. She saw Rainbow Dash flying over head. Her horn began to glow, and she shown a magical beam at Rainbow Dash to get her attention. “HEY DASH! COLLECT EVERYPONY! I’VE GOT SOMETHING TO TELL THEM!”

AUTHORS NOTES: This is my first fanfic. Also, this is much shorter than what my actual chapters will be. Tell Me what you think!