• Published 11th May 2014
  • 9,518 Views, 416 Comments

The Shimmer of Magic - Hakuno



Sunset Shimmer is stuck again in the human world. Struggling with the consequences of her actions, she must redeem herself with the help of five girls and a very interested magician.

  • ...
24
 416
 9,518

10. Rumors

Chapter 10. Rumors.

Sunset slammed open the door of the science lab, and watched satisfied how the girls jumped at the sudden noise, being Twilight who jumped the most. Before anyone could say a word, she quickly made her way towards Twilight and sat on the table in front of her, looking at her with a confident smile. "Ok Sparky, ask away."

Just as she said the last word, Trixie entered the room with her own nonchalantly smile, closing the door while humming a song only she knew. The girls had dumbfounded expressions on their faces, and Twilight wasn't able to process what was going on. After just a few seconds, Rainbow Dash slowly walked until she got but a few feet away from Sunset. "Hey, uh…" She cleared her throat and scratched the back of her neck. "I've been thinking and… Sigh… You were right… In everything you said. So…" She took a deep breath and looked at the floor. "I'm sorry."

Sunset turned to look at her, still smiling, and made a gesture with her hand in front of Rainbow that seemed as if she was spreading dust in the air. "You are forgiven."

Rainbow lifted her head, offering a confused gaze, and then an angry one. "I'm being honest here! You were right in everything you said, and I had no right to hit you! I'm swallowing my pride and apologizing! Why do you have to make this even more difficult?!"

Applejack tensed her body as Rainbow raised her voice, she looked at Sunset, preparing herself in case she started to yell as well, and interfere before things got out of control. Fortunately, Sunset didn't seem like arguing, and she forced out a sigh that seemed more like a groan as she rolled her eyes. "Why people complain when they get what they want?" She looked directly at Rainbow's eyes with a bored expression. "I forgive you. Is it really that hard to believe?"

"Yes! It is!" Rainbow yelled, but she was more confused than angry now. "I broke your nose! You should be mad at me! You… You should break my nose back!"

"Rainbow…" Rarity muttered under her breath.

"Why?" Sunset cocked an eyebrow. "You all instantly forgave each other after over a year of insults and ignoring each other and who knows how many other things. Why is it hard to believe that I can too instantly forgive people?"

"Because-" Rainbow started to say, but instantly closed her mouth. Sunset narrowed her eyes, telling her that she had to finish her sentence. Rainbow sighed and looked away. "Because… You don't look like the kind of person that forgives so easily."

Sunset snorted. "You know what? I don't care if you don't believe me. I've got better things to care for." She said and turned around to look at Twilight again. "You can thank your friend Speedy, because now I'm only answering three questions." She lifted that amount of fingers in front of Twilight's face. "And you better be specific in what you want to know, because I despise vague questions."

Rainbow made a sound between a snort and a sneeze when she heard the nickname Sunset had given her, but said nothing. She just stepped aside and sat down on a chair, resting her arms on a table. Twilight looked down a little, only this time it wasn't of fear, but rather as a way to gather her ideas. After a few seconds, she looked up at Sunset with a small frown. "Tell me, what's exactly the difference between you and the other Sunset?"

Everyone in the room looked at Sunset, not because they didn't know the answer, but because they wanted to see if she was going to say everything. Sunset leaned back and crossed her arms on her lap. "Magic." She said with a big, teasing smile, and watched bemusedly how behind Twilight's frown, her brain started to overheat for the resent information, and just moments later, it stopped. Sadly, her scientific part had quickly won the war, and Twilight's frown deepened a little.

"Do you really want me to believe that such thing as magic exists?"

"Yes." Sunset said with a shrug. "Now you only have one question left."

Twilight's eyes snapped open at that. "What? No! That's cheating!"

Sunset raised an eyebrow. "You asked two questions. Unless you suddenly want to ignore how to grammar?"

Twilight's left eye twitched at that, but she decided to force a sigh and calm herself. "You just want to make fun on me…" She said and looked away. "You don't really want to tell me everything, so I won't try to ask questions anymore. Now if you all excuse me…" She stood up with a frown. "I have a dog to feed at home."

"Sparky," Sunset said with a neutral voice. It wasn't a plea, but it wasn't an order either. Twilight looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "You still got one question." Twilight smiled at that and sat down again. "Just so you know, that won't work again."

But Twilight didn't care, because it had worked now. "Very well then, please tell me the truth. What's the difference between you and the other Sunset?"

"Magic." Sunset said again, but before Twilight could produce a frown, she continued. "From here, it will be your decision to believe me or not, but I will only say the truth." She took a deep breath. "I am from a different world where magic exists. And there are dragons and minotaurs and griffons and other things that here are just mythical creatures. And Tartarus is an actual place where anyone can go to see all the monsters that have been punished with eternal suffering." She looked up a little, remembering everything she was saying. "Though I don't recommend it, Cerberus might think you escaped." She laughed a little and then looked at Twilight. "What else? Oh, yeah. The sun and moon need someone to move them every day. The weather is taken care of by the pegasi; they even create the rainbows by themselves."

"Well, I'm talking only of the kingdom I was born in: Equestria. Best place for vacations, I tell ya." She snickered a little. "It's the utopia humans will never have. Mostly because our benevolent rulers are immortal and also the most powerful beings in existence." She paused a little a narrowed her eyes, still smiling. "From one of the wealthiest families in all of Equestria, I was born with a natural affinity to magic. That's why Princess Celestia chose me as her protégé, her personal student…" Suddenly, her face darkened, and for a moment, she went silent.

Twilight feared that Sunset was going to burst out from the lab again, but thankfully, she just took a deep breath and offered a sad smile. "Anyway, the Sunset you know is just a mundane human. And from what you told me, a greedy selfish bitch, worse than what I was." She saw how Twilight raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Oh yes, I terrorized this school for, like, two years. But a week ago, a group of girls nicely told me to stop, and I agreed just like that."

Trixie chuckled as the other girls just looked at each other with uneasy smiles. "So, basically, that's the difference. Or differences, if you like." Sunset said and patiently waited until Twilight finished assimilating everything. When enough time passed, she spoke up. "Now, I believe lunch time finished already. How about we all head to our respective classes and not talk about this anymore?" And without waiting for a response, she stood up. "Let's go Trix." She said and walked to the door, being followed by the magician.

Just as the door closed, Applejack stood up and made silent movements with her mouth before speaking. "What just happened?"

Rarity hummed a little. "It's strange. She said more than she told us the other day, but this time she hid the fact that she's a unicorn."

"She is?" Twilight asked with genuine surprise.

"Uhm… yes…" Rarity said. "At least that's what she told us… But I don't have reasons to doubt her."

Pinkie stretched her arms and made an arc with her body, looking at Rarity with her head upside down. "I think she hid it because Trixie was here!"

"What does that have to do with this?" Rainbow asked.

"Isn't it oooooobvious?!" Pinkie said, spinning around one of her feet and spreading her arms at both sides of her body, somehow avoiding hitting anything. "Didn't you see the signs?!"

"No." Rainbow said with a bored expression. "Why don't you tell us already?"

"Pinkie Pie," Rarity stepped closer. "Are you implying that they…"

"Yup!" Pinkie said happily. "They are besties now!"

Rarity slammed a hand against her forehead as Rainbow and Applejack only laughed. Twilight, on her part, was staring at the table with a frown. "Is everything alright?" Rarity asked, and Twilight only leaned back and let out a forced sigh. "I know it's hard to believe, but…"

Twilight looked at her with an uneasy frown. "It's just… I've dedicated all my life to science. And I promised myself not to believe in anything that science couldn't explain… And now you want me to believe that magic exists and that there's an alternate world filled up with magic!"

Rarity hummed a little. She could understand Twilight's inner fight. If it wasn't because she played a big role in the Fall Formal events, she wouldn't believe herself. An idea crossed her mind, and she could feel her eyes sparking. "Twilight, can you tell me what a scientific theory is?"

"Of course I can." Twilight instantly answered, her eyes shimmering as she prepared herself to share her knowledge. "A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation."

"Ok, ok." Rarity interrupted before Twilight tried to quote the entire book. "So, what if I tell you that a few hundreds of students observed the manifestation of a magic event last week, and that through experimentation in first person, I can confirm such phenomenon?"

Twilight slowly tilted her head and offered a cautious glare. "Then I'd tell you that I need proofs that validate your statements."

Rarity smiled. "Very well. I didn't want to show you these so soon, but…" She said, searching in a pocket of her skirt and producing a small, purple cell phone with little diamond stickers on it. "This is the best proof I can offer to you." She pressed a few buttons, and turned the device so Twilight could see the screen. "This happened at the Fall Formal, after we ahh 'nicely' asked Sunset to stop terrorizing the school."

At first, Twilight only frowned at the image, but as seconds passed, her expression changed and became one of extreme surprise. Her pupils shrank to the point that they seemed to disappear, and she gaped for a whole minute. There, in Rarity's smartphone, was a photograph of six girls with complicated -and really shiny- dresses. But she couldn't see anything more than the girl in the middle. It was her! And not only that. In front of all the girls was a small puppy that resembled… No, it was definitely Spike! She had personally bought that purple collar for his first birthday!

"The crown Twilight is wearing is not only an ornament to represent her success as becoming Princess of the Fall Formal." Rarity said, and used a finger to press a button, thus passing the photo to a one where that same Twilight was with a guy in weird poses, apparently dancing. "That is actually her real crown, which Sunset stole and was confused with the fake crown, that's why Twilight came to this world." She pressed the same button, and yet another photo showed up. This time, it was of Twilight trying to get some punch and failing miserably. And beside her, Rainbow Dash was hugging her stomach, obviously out of laughter. But the thing that caught her attention was Rainbow's pose in the air. As if she was flying.

"The wings are real… Well, they were real." Rarity said and pressed the button again. Now it was Rainbow Dash, again in the air, only that this time she had a little girl sat on her shoulders, smiling from ear to ear with unspeakable mirth. "Little Scootaloo had the best day of her life, wouldn't you agree?"

Twilight bit her lower lip and pondered the situation. She could try to argue saying that those photos had been modified, but then again, what would be its purpose? Why waste such an incredibly well planned prank on the new girl? No, she already had accepted the veracity of those girls' words. But seeing that girl that was her exact image and shared her exact name was still really, really weird. But then, a thought occurred to her, and she looked up. "Wait, you said that her crown is real? Does that mean that she…"

"Yeppers!" Pinkie said, startling both girls. "She's a pony princess in her world!"

Twilight groaned, more out of frustration for the sudden change of belief in her life than anything. She wanted a reasonable explanation of all the weird things happening, but those explanations defied anything she had learned since she was a little girl. Maybe this is just a weird dream and I'll wake up when everything gets out of control. Just like Alice in Wonderland… I hope.

~~~~~~~~

Sunset was walking through the empty halls, moving her hips with a confidence she thought she had lost. It probably was due to the fact that there weren't students around, but she wasn't going to admit it. Well, not out loud.

"So… dragons?" Trixie asked, moving a little faster to get at Sunset's side.

"It's true!" Sunset said with a gesture of her hand. "Almost all the creatures that in this world are just myths, in my world are real and sentient."

Trixie hummed for a couple of seconds. "Say, with everything that has happened, and with what you've told us -which I believe it's not everything-, I've been thinking…" She stopped and waited for Sunset to turn around and look at her. "I gotta ask… two things. First: If the Twilight of the Fall Formal and you are from that other world, and earlier you said you were Princess Celestia's student… Does that mean that everyone here has a dimensional twin in your world? That includes me?"

Sunset scratched her chin for a moment and then shrugged. "From my observations, a really big amount of people have counterparts in my world, if not everyone." She then looked directly at Trixie's eyes. "But not everyone is famous enough or part of royalty, so finding them is nigh impossible… So, while it's very probable that you have a counterpart too, I can't really confirm it."

"That only raises more questions." Trixie said with a small frown. "But the most important is… Could you try finding the Trixie of your world?"

Sunset let out a small sigh. "Technically, I can try… But I can't assure you that I can find her."

"Why not?"

"Because there are, like, seven billions of humans!" Sunset yelled, and quickly put a hand on her mouth before speaking again in a lower volume. "And not all of them are from the same race. Just take Professor Doodle as an example. He's a donkey."

Trixie raised an eyebrow. "A donkey?"

"Don't say it like that! It's racist!" Sunset said in a loud whisper, and when Trixie's cheeks became a little pink, she snickered a little. "I'm just messing with you." She gave a soft punch in Trixie's arm. "But yeah, he's a donkey. And I'm pretty sure some of the students are from other races. So finding your counterpart can become a titanic effort."

Trixie rubbed her arm and sighed. "But didn't you say you've been forbidden to return? I mean, you're talking as if you could do it any day you want."

Sunset looked at the ceiling while humming for a moment. "I've got my ways…" She said and then looked at Trixie. "Why do you want to find yourself?"

"Isn't it obvious? The Great and Powerful Trixie must be great and powerful in any world!" Trixie said, raising her arms, mimicking her words. "Trixie only wants to see how great the Great and Powerful Trixie of your world is! Since magic is common, then Trixie must be the best magician!"

Sunset rolled her eyes, but couldn't help to smile. "I hate to break your self-centered bubble, but…" She said in a bored tone. "No one is better or more powerful than the princesses, first. Second, Twilight is the weakest of the princesses, yet I have to admit she'd give me a very rough battle if she'd wanted to." She leaned closer with a challenging smile. "After all, I was so great and so powerful, if I wasn't a greedy bitch, I'd be the princess instead of Twilight."

Trixie leveled the challenge with her own smile. "But in this world, I am better than you."

Sunset chuckled. "You know what? I'll give you that. You are better than me at human illusions. I'm still better at real magic."

"Aaaand that brings me to the second question." Trixie said, leaning back and pushing Sunset. "You keep saying the word 'human' as if it's something strange to you. Is it that you're not a human?" She asked a little -just a little- concerned.

"Why? Afraid of committing bestiality?" Sunset said with an evil smile, and when Trixie couldn't answer, she only laughed. "What you said is true: I'm hiding a lot of things. And who knows? I probably wasn't lying when I said I'm a giant cockroach." She paused for a moment and then leaned closer, narrowing her eyes just a little. "I'm not only a hot girl you met at a bar. I'm not even from this world…" She stared at Trixie's eyes. "Are you really sure you want to date me?"

Trixie frowned a little, but smiled. "Are you going to ask me that every time I know something new about you? How about you let me tell you when I regret my decision?" She gently grabbed Sunset from her cheeks and leaned her closer. "I told you I want to know the real you. I'm taking the risk that you might end up being a farm animal."

Sunset snickered. "Actually…"

"Shut up." Trixie said and gave her a kiss. It wasn't a quick, testing one like the first she gave her, nor it was a kiss filled with passion and dominance like the second. It was just a gentle kiss, a soft press of her lips over Sunset's that didn't last more than a few seconds. She leaned back just a little and barely opened her eyes. "Now you can tell me what you are."

But before Sunset could articulate a word, a loud sound of a throat being cleared interrupted them, making both girls jump a few feet from each other. Trixie put a hand on her chest, as if she could lower her heart rate with that, while Sunset unconsciously bit her lower lip and quickly turned to the source of the sound. There, at one side of the hall, was Principal Celestia, wearing a small, but clear smile of complicity. "Shouldn't you girls be somewhere else?" She then turned to look at Trixie, who somehow managed to make a terrified expression in her face. "You ought to hurry, the first class is about to end."

Trixie's face became an intense red as the realization of being caught by the principal not only kissing another girl in the school's halls, but also skipping classes sank in. She couldn't get herself to say a word, so she only turned around and started to trot away. "Don't run in the hallways!" Celestia said raising her voice, but not quite getting to a shout. A curse could be heard as Trixie disappeared around a corner.

Sunset forced out a sigh. "Sorry, I was in the infirmary getting my nose fixed, and I got distracted on my way to classes."

Celestia turned to look at her, offering a small smile. "Don't worry. I know you were probably helping our new student getting familiar with CHS." She then finally registered the first part of Sunset's phrase. "What happened? Are you alright?"

"Yeah, just…" She put a finger on the gauze. "Twas an accident, 's all."

Celestia raised an eyebrow. "If the students are hurting you, you must tell me." Sunset only nodded, and Celestia sighed. "Anyway, I wanted to talk with you about your punishment."

Sunset gulped. "Ah, yes, about that…"

"Since you are helping Miss Trixie with her show for next Monday, you don't have to be on detention these days." Sunset sighed in relief. "But, I expect you to come to my office next Tuesday after class." She waited until Sunset nodded to wave her goodbye and walk somewhere else, not before telling her to go to class, of course.

Sunset stood there for a moment with a dumbfounded expression. "She knows I was with Twilight and didn't suspect anything bad from me?" She asked in a whisper. "Not that I'm complaining, but…" She turned around and walked to the next class she had. "Maybe she really trusts that I'm not going to do anything bad…" She smiled at that. It was nice knowing that someone like her didn't think she was a monster.

~~~~~~~~

She couldn't focus on anything aside of her classmates. As it was becoming normal, they had been staring and whispering about her, only this time it was a bit different. Half the gazes were more of confusion than hatred, and as she focused on her hearing, she was able to understand what they were muttering about.

"Did you hear? That girl Rainbow Dash beat up Sunset!"

"It's true! I was there! They were arguing and then Rainbow broke her face!"

"What were they arguing about?"

"Beats me, I was too far away and could only see it."

"They say that Rainbow now wants to rule the school and her first step was to make Sunset her minion."

"As if! I'm sure it's all a big scheme planned by Sunset to rule the school via Rainbow!"

"Did you guys hear that Twilight returned?! That means that Sunset is still evil!"

"Or maybe it's Rainbow who became evil!"

"I hope they'll sing again at lunch time. That song's so catchy!"

Sunset had to roll her eyes quite a few times at the stupid things they were coming up with. But she couldn't care less, in fact, she was somewhat happy that it was going to escalate to the point where she wouldn't need to move a finger for it to solve itself. Well, someone was going to solve it, but it wasn't going to be her.

The bell rang, announcing the end of classes. While the students practically ran to their imagined freedom, Sunset simply made her way to the gym. In her way she overheard two girls talking. "What's that 'Alpha Bitch' thing everyone's talking about?" asked one to the other, who only shrugged. "They're probably talking about Sunset. They say she's still evil." Sunset frowned a little, but decided to ignore it. It was going to solve itself anyway.

She entered the gym and looked around. It seemed empty, so she decided to do something idle while Trixie arrived. She walked to the scenario and to the stack of props, at first she wanted to try that trick with the coin and the fingers, but then she saw the rope connected to the mechanism of Trixie's master trick. She raised an eyebrow and walked to it, observing it closely. She looked at the rails in the ceiling and then at the stirrup on the floor. "How hard can it be?" She asked to herself and walked to the stack, retrieving the control and putting it on her left hand. She felt her heart beating a little faster, but she paid no mind to it.

Taking a tentative step forward, she analyzed the structure one more time. Trixie had used it a couple of times, so she knew it wouldn't fall apart. She hesitantly passed her right foot through the stirrup, just as Trixie did it, and then grabbed the rope and gave a couple of pulls, just in case. When the thing kept on its place, Sunset took a very deep breath and slowly let it out. "Ok… Here goes nothing…" She used her thumb to press the small button that activated the control. She heard a click coming from the rail, there where the rope connected to it. She gulped and proceeded to raise her index finger. She did it so slowly that it didn't seem like it was moving. Her heart raced as she thought that she might've broken the thing, and in that instant, she moved her index a little too fast, and she felt how the rope pulled her upwards.

Sunset suppressed a yelp as her grip on the rope tightened. She gulped again, feeling her left hand frozen in place. "Calm down…" She whispered and forced out a sigh, trying to lower her heartbeat. She looked down and realized that the stirrup had barely moved, and her left foot was still touching the floor.

Taking yet another deep breath through her nose, she pulled herself up, using only the stirrup to stand on. With the sudden impulse, Sunset unwillingly pulled herself backwards, and by the third law of that guy whose name she didn't remember right in that moment, the rope then made her move forwards, and then backwards again. Sunset grinded her teeth as the small movement ended. She knew that she was just an inch or so away from the floor, but it still somehow made her start rethinking her decision. She shook her head. "No, I'm not a coward." She said and took two or three deep breaths to calm herself. When she thought she was ready, she started to move her finger again. She could feel the rope pulling her, but thanks to her grip, she didn't move to the sides.

When she was about three feet in the air, she stopped for a second and moved down her middle finger just a little, making the mechanism to pull the rope to the center of the gym. Sunset wasn't going very fast, but since she was having troubles maintaining her balance as it was, she wasn't going to risk at a higher speed. When she got to the middle of the mechanism, she pulled her finger to make it stop, but even if she did it slowly, the rope still moved in a weird way, making her lose her balance. She tried to stabilize herself with the hand she was using to grab the rope, but it was moving too much. And then, she accidentally moved the fingers of her left hand in random directions, making the rope travel really fast, and in the process, throwing Sunset to the floor.

She fell on her backside with a loud thud and a very clear cry of terror, and almost immediately after that, she heard an even louder clang as the stirrup smacked the base of the scenario. Fearing the worst, Sunset pressed the button to deactivate the thing and quickly took off the control. She didn't know what to do, her heart raced, her rump hurt and her head ached as tons of ideas swirled in her mind, all of them being as useless as the next one.

But before she could even get up, she heard a clap coming from the gym's door. "That was so amusing, I will ignore the fact that you almost broke my master piece."

Sunset's head snapped to the source of the voice and found Trixie leaning on the door with a very pleased smile on her face. "I was just, uh… checking that it was in perfect shape!" She lied with a weak grin and quickly getting on her feet. "The rope is a little loose."

Trixie walked to her with her arms crossed in front of her. "If you want a ride, you can just tell me." She said, still smiling. "Though as you could experience by yourself, it's a little complicated."

"A little complicated?!" Sunset asked a little too loud, producing a frustrated frown. "It's the hardest thing I've experienced since learning how to use these pesky fingers!" She smacked a hand on her forehead and groaned. "You make it look so easy. I'm usually the one who makes everything look easy!"

Trixie leaned her head to her left and grinned a little. "You didn't have fingers before?"

For a moment, Sunset froze in place and then turned to look at Trixie. "No. I thought that had been already stated before."

"Yeah I guess I forgot." Trixie said and walked to the scenario. "With the students saying so many stupid things about you and Rainbow… It's kind of hard not to laugh at them, and thus to remember minutiae."

Sunset raised an eyebrow. "Minutiae? You think that not being a human is a minutia?!"

Trixie rubbed her chin for a moment. "In a way, yes…" She took the stirrup and idly inspected it. "I've been thinking, you see. And I came to the conclusion that whatever you are, it doesn't really matter here, because in this world you are a human." She said and looked directly at Sunset's eyes. "And the fact that you are a human means that, for whatever reason, you can't be your true species here. Then I thought: What if it's the other way around? What if I go to your world? Would I still be a human?" She asked and stared into Sunset's eyes.

"Unlikely." Sunset answered. "Humans don't exist in my world."

"Then, I'd most likely become one of the species of your world." Trixie put a hand on her hip. "If you, not originally a human, can date other humans, it means that with the change of species, you also changed in what you like to date."

Sunset crossed her arms. "What are you trying to say with all this?"

Trixie smiled. "Easy, if I go to your world, I'd become one of the species there, and then, I'd start liking other beings of that species even when, as a human, I don't."

There was a moment of silence as the girls stared at each other. Trixie had a good and solid point, but her argument still lacked of real experience. Though it still was impressive how good her deductive ability was. Maybe Trixie was only trying to make Sunset feel comfortable… Well, it was working.

Sunset looked straight into Trixie's eyes. "A pony."

"What was that?"

"I'm a pony. A mare. And a unicorn." Sunset said with a serious expression. She took a deep breath. "More or less like the ponies of this world, but with very notable differences: One, we are smart and can speak, as you could already tell." She said, using her fingers to count. "Two, our bodies are more stylized and a little smaller. Three, in my world, ponies divide in three principal races: Unicorns, Pegasi and Earth Ponies. Four, all of us can do magic to some extent. And Five, I'm even sexier as a mare, I tell ya."

Trixie looked at Sunset with her eyes narrowed for a moment before smiling. "Ok, I believe you."

Sunset's left eye twitched a little. "Just like that?"

"Yeah." Trixie shrugged. "I mean, we all saw that those girls grew animal ears before Twilight returned home. And let me be serious here: The only reason why I can believe these things so easily, it's because my dreams are normally about things that have less sense than this." Sunset frowned a little and Trixie smiled sheepishly. "Like taking a bath in peanut butter."

Sunset sighed. "You know what? I don't want to think things too much anymore. You want to believe me just like that? Students want to tell stupid rumors about me and Rainbow? Twilight's dimensional twin conveniently starts studying in this school right after the other one left? Ok… I'll just roll with it. What can possibly go wrong?"

Trixie lifted her hand, making Sunset frown at her with an eyebrow raised. "So, how about we go have a drink or something before everything starts going wrong?"

After a couple of seconds of silence, Sunset snickered. "Alright, but you pay."

Author's Note:

The friend that made the cover is making another one as per my request. I believe that one will send a better message of what I've planned for this fic.

See you next chapter!