• Published 24th May 2014
  • 1,568 Views, 341 Comments

This Bright Blazing Future - Dynasty-Kaine



Sequel to Our Pasts That Haunt Us. It has been a month since the last events of Rainbow's turbulent loss of Applejack, but from the ashes of that loss a glimmer of hope shows among all the terrible things going on around her. ANTHRO.

  • ...
24
 341
 1,568

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: Unchain Mah Heart

Author's Note:

Eeyup, this chapter features the perspective of none other than Big Mac!

As a red stallion entered a plain patient holding room at Ponyville Psychiatric Hospital of the Sun, he found himself quite nervous at his situation. He had no idea what he was even doing here the day after Rainbow Dash had pulled him out of his hiding place. Although that had given him the will to come here today, for her.

"M-Macky?" was the first voice to greet the stallion.

The tall farmer turned to see the pink mare he knew so well sitting in her bed looking at him. Surprise lighting her expression had almost broke his conviction, but he managed to keep himself dedicated to what needed to be done. After all she was probably more shocked that he had even visited at all.

"Hey there Pinkie." the stallion said shyly.

"But what are you doing here? You never visit me..." the lucid pink mare trailed off.

"Ah've been a right good mess since that day y'all came ta me." Big Mac answered her with some difficulty. "An' somepony opened mah eyes ta what Ah shoulda been doin' from the start fer ya."

Pinkie Pie simply cringed as if in pain, and the tall farmer hadn't a clue what to do now. He was known for being soft spoken around town, but this silence was something entirely new and different for him.

"It's okay Macky, you didn't fail me that day." the curly maned mare answered with simple neutrality. "I just realized something was wrong and came here for treatment. Little did I know that thing inside me would grow and flourish during this time."

The ginger maned stallion could not believe her tone of voice, it seemed so bland and matter-of-fact. It was almost like that was the persona she forced so that she could maintain control of whatever it was inside of her. Macintosh had never seen whatever this thing was, but if it was forcing her to become like this then it was not good. He had this itching feeling in his gut though that he had seen it before.

Pinkie doubled over, clenching her hands to her head as if in immense pain. As she stayed like this she began to groan loudly and twist about in spasms. The stallion's eyes widened in shock as his mind traveled back in time to the basement of an old cottage belonging to the gryphon, Gilda. As the mare's convulsions ceased, her demeanor changed drastically.

"N-No..." Big Mac uttered breathlessly. "...It can't be."

She looked over at him as a dark smile spread across her face, "Hey there big boy!"

The stallion swallowed hard, for he had not anticipated that this was her split personality that she had developed. Not the overly sexual, sadomasochistic, but broken remnants of his close friend.

"Aw, how sweet of you!" the pink mare said mockingly. "You remembered me!"

As he took a step back she got up from the bed and sauntered over to him casually. She was going to toy with him it seemed, and being in his awkward social state he was practically defenseless. Her hand met his strong muscular left breast, he flinched, and she giggled.

"Even though you're wearing a red shirt and overalls you can still feel my hand clean through all of that can't you big guy?" Pinkie's persona taunted him. "Too bad I know the doctor is watching, otherwise we would paint this room all sorts of shades!"

The stallion acted out defensively by grabbing her wrist and tossing her hand away from him. As soon as he had done it he realized this was not the correct approach at all. She dropped her head menacingly laughing.

"Hoo boy you're tempting me a little too far!" she said lustfully looking up into his eyes.

As he looked into her eyes he saw it. The lustful glimmer in her eyes was hollow and primal, with not a single purpose beyond the action. Yet, looking further into her eyes he felt himself being drawn deeper into her very spirit. The ginger stallion was in no way ready for something so deep to occur, but he allowed it to proceed feeling that this was just right.

Though, as he closed in on what he thought he saw, he felt her grab him by his overalls and pull him closer to her bed. She then threw him onto her bed and jumped up on top of him, pinning the startled stallion down. The pink mare had decided what she wanted and didn't care if the doctor was watching or not. Their eyes met fully when she leaned over him, her's were delighted at her victory. He returned a look for her to take in, and it was one of a pained heart.

She took this look as one of submission as the pink mare's expression lit up even more. Big Mac then closed his eyes with a frown and a single tear showing upon his face. This change confused the crazed mare, and she paused. It was time for the bright red stallion to say something he needed to say.

"Now where's the Pinkie Pie Ah fell in love with now?" he said in a soft southern accent.

"Wh-What?" Pinkie yelped clearly startled.

Macintosh opened his eyes to look at her gently, and saw something he really didn't expect to see. A light was in the pink mare's eye's that wasn't there before, as tears began to stream from her sky blue eyes. He could see the real Pinkie flickering to the surface, his words had driven her persona out instantly. Yet, he knew that it would still linger within her mind. Nothing can be driven out that easily.

"What am I doing? This absolutely positively isn't right!" she said at a speed the stallion could barely catch. "No, no, no, no, nononononono!"

"Pinkie." he said gently.

"Nonononononononononono!" she continued on shaking her head back and forth rapidly.

"Pinkie!" Big Mac said raising his voice and putting his hands on her shoulders.

She focused on his eyes and she replied with a bubbly smile, "Yes Macky?"

He never quite understood how she could shift between her moods like it was nothing before she was put in the mental hospital. The ginger farmer also never thought he would miss it so much in his entire life.

"Could y'all possibly get up offa me?" he asked with a sheepish smile.

"Oh my gosh!" Pinkie shouted in surprise as she realized where she actually was sitting.

As she jumped up and off him, the stallion finally sat back up. He looked at Pinkie, and saw her staring back at him with eager eyes. She had something she really wanted to ask, and Macintosh could just feel it.

"What's on yer mind?" he prompted her.

"Well now I just wonder if what you just said a moment ago was actually one hundred percent true..." she took in a deep gasping breath to continue. "...and if you mean it deep deep down inside, cause I mean with how I've been I can understand if you were just saying it to comfort me and--"

Big Mac had stood up walked over and put a finger to her mouth and it made her cease her train of speech. He smiled gently, as he looked at her fondly for a moment before saying anything.

"Ah meant every word Ah said." the ginger stallion answered solemnly as he took his finger away from her lips. "Y'all should know by now when Ah say sumthin' Ah mean it."

"Big Mac I--" she stopped looking her body over as it glowed a pale green glow. "Hehe that tickles, why is there a magic aura around me?"

It was at that moment the party mare squeaked in surprise as her eyes lit up, and a small dark stream of magic traveled out of her forehead. The ginger farmer followed it as it flowed through the air, and eventually was directed into a crystal vial held in the magic of Doctor Psych. Once it was all in the vial he quickly corked the bottle and dispelled his magic, catching the bottle in hand.

"At long last!" the doctor cheered.

Pinkie lost her balance and Mac leaned in quickly to catch her and turned defensively toward the doctor, "What did y'all do ta her?"

"Finally began the extraction of the dark magic building up in her." the cream colored unicorn replied with a smile.

"Um, s'cuse me?" was all the red stallion could say more confused than ever.

"Well as you can see this vial is now full of a viscous black liquid. This is a dark magic created by the mind in times of severe mental trauma." the doctor said shaking the container lightly. "It cannot be extracted until a person has a moment of total clarity. We mental doctors try to coax this moment out of a pony, but we are not always successful in this struggle. So we sometimes rely upon those that were close to the mare or stallion in question."

"Ew, that black icky stuff was in my head?" Pinkie said regaining her composure.

"Yes miss Pie, this is a portion of what you created in your mind from your encounter with Gilda." he said closing his eyes and crossing his arms. "And you have this stallion to thank for giving me the chance to finally help you."

"Wait now doc, there's more o' that stuff in 'er head?" Big Mac questioned.

"Put simply yes. You can't just pull a fully developed, trauma based, magical entity from a pony in one shot!" he answered with dire seriousness. "That could leave a patient brain dead! We strive to bring ponies back from the darkness they create in their minds, which as you've seen takes the form of an alter ego."

"So I can get better doctor?" Pinkie chimed in happily. "You can get rid of that thing in my head?"

"Now that Macintosh here brought you back to total clarity we can begin treatments right away!" Psych answered with a bright smile. "But don't think it will be an overnight procedure! It will take anywhere from one to three months."

"Aw, I wanted to go out and explore again!" the cotton candy maned mare said in mock defeat.

The doctor laughed and then directed his attention to the red stallion, "I would request that you be present for each of her extractions, and I'm sure she would appreciate it as well."

Big Mac looked at the pink mare still leaning into his arms even though she could stand on her own. She smiled happily at him her sky blue eyes shimmering and full of life. He felt a warmth grow within his chest as he smiled back softly.

"Ah wouldn't want it any other way doc." the stallion said not once taking his eyes from Pinkie's.

PreviousChapters Next