• Published 9th May 2014
  • 3,052 Views, 53 Comments

Grow Up - Manes



Two simple words from a friend causes Sweetie Belle to take action to change who she thought she was...

  • ...
4
 53
 3,052

All Forgiven (Unedited)

A Knock from the front door caught Sweetie Belle’s attentioned. She ran to the door and opened it. A purple mane pegasus with a orange coat stood outside staring down at the floor. “Scootaloo, what are you doing here?”

Scootaloo rubbed the back of her neck. “Maybe my outburst was too over the stop.” Sweetie Belle cast an angry glance at her, making Scootaloo chuckle nervously. “Listen, Sweetie Belle. I was wrong and uncool for what I said. You shouldn’t change who you are because I don’t like it.”

“You said some mean things to me.” Sweetie Belle crossed her forelegs. “You really hurt my feelings.”

“Don’t you think I know that?” Scootaloo said, her tone getting a little loud. “I was having some issues back at home. So I took my frustration out on you and I’m sorry.”

“Why didn’t you tell me or Apple Bloom?” Sweetie Belle asked. “We would have thing everything in our power to cheer you up because that’s what friends do for each other.”

“I know.” Closing her eyes, Scootaloo felt something wrapped around her body. She opened her eyes to find Sweetie Belle hugging on her. “Forgive me?”

“Yeah I forgive you, you big chicken.” Sweetie Belle said with a giggle. “But you’re going to my next party.”

Scootaloo rolled her eyes, uttering words as she followed Sweetie Belle inside. “Oh joy.”

Author's Note:

I couldn't end the story like that. I had to make a scene with them being friends again.

Comments ( 19 )

Oh yeah, That's better. :scootangel::yay:

Scoots was right to apologize. I'm glad that you write an epilogue, although I did enjoy he other ending nonetheless.

4369142
Yeah I felt that I couldn't just end the story with them not being friends.

Why didn't I read this before? This was so nice. :twilightsmile:

(Okay, not as well written as Another Cup, but still nice.)

Oh look, uneditted chapter, full of grammar errors.

i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/615/175/c17.jpg

(if you care, I can give you the list of the stuff I found.)

4387800

Oh look, uneditted chapter, full of grammar errors.

I never said I was good at writing. Way to bring a fellow writer down.

4387834 What? You misunderstood. An unedited chapter is always full of grammatical errors. :rainbowlaugh: (Even if you are the best writer in the world)

4387814

A Knock from the front

knock

Sweetie Belle’s attentioned

attention

purple mane pegasus

maned

stood outside staring down

comma before "staring" (non-restrictive participial phrase)

I was wrong

Delete one space before "was"

You shouldn’t change who you are because I don’t like it.

add a "just" before "because".

her forelegs. “You

Delete one space after the period.

We would have thing everything

delete "thing"

“We would have thing everything in our power to cheer you up because that’s what friends do for each other.”

This sentence sounds odd. Maybe break it after "up", delete "because" and start new sentence with "That's"

Sweetie Belle hugging on her

I'm unsure about this, but is that "on" correct, or just a leftover that should be deleted?

chicken.”

replace period with comma. (said-tag)


Like I said, grammar doesn't tell how good or bad writer you are, so don't feel bad because of this long list. You are a good writer! (There is a reason why I linked in that Grammar Nazi "Who actually cares?" picture :raritywink:)

I wonder what issues Scoots would be dealing with at home? :rainbowhuh: (Aside from the apparent absence of her parents) And that hug at the end, THAT'S the reason I love Sweetie Belle. (She's like the little sister I never had :twilightsmile:) Very nicely done. :pinkiehappy:

4789808 Glad you like it.

eh, so what next then? I though that first chapter of this whole thing was great. I didn't think you need a sequel or additional chapters. with that said, what next?

4831219 It's a "What if" story. It says right there in the description.

Okay, but my question of, what next, still stands.

4831244 Nothing. There is no more chapters for this. Hence the completed tag, no sequels. Maybe in the future, but not for this.

Awesome! :pinkiesmile:

too over the stop.”

Over the top, right?

Comment posted by moopnomore deleted Dec 16th, 2015
Login or register to comment