• Published 5th May 2014
  • 2,558 Views, 126 Comments

Dead Loyalty - Darksonickiller



Weeks ago, Rainbow Dash was murdered and now her 5 best friends are left to find her murderer. Will they ever find the culprit?

  • ...
24
 126
 2,558

Who Did It?

Dead Loyalty
Chapter 2: Who Did It?


Another week passed on in Ponyville since the murder of Rainbow Dash occurred. Since then, most of the ponies in town had come to eventually get over it and accept it. Well, all apart from Scootaloo. She was determined to find out who killed her sister, no matter what it takes. Was it somepony in town? Did sompony have a grudge against her or something?
Sompony might know the answer, and that somepony has to be Twilight.

Scootaloo walked over to Twilight's house one afternoon, knocking on the door a few times before it was opened by a certain, lavender unicorn. She looked kinda tired, as if she hasn't been to sleep for at least a couple days.

''Oh, hey, Scootaloo. Something I can help you with?''

''Hey, Twilight. I was just wondering if I could talk to you for a moment. Please?''

''Yeah, sure. Come in.''

Twilight moved aside, letting the young orange filly enter her library. Twilight motioned over to the couch, so the little filly sat down and so did Twilight.

''So, what did you wanna talk about?''

''Well...its about Rainbow, Twi.''

''Rainbow? What about her?'' Twilight said, a little uneasy.

''I want to find out who killed her.''

''Scoots, I can't help you with that...it could of been anypony!''

''Yes, I know, but she was my sister, for Celestia's sake! Somepony murdered my sister and I want to know who did it to her!''

''Scoots...I-I can't help you with this one. Sorry.''

Scootaloo frowned, a tear stroking down her cheek and hitting the floor.

''P-Please, Twilight...she was all I had...''

Seeing Scootaloo cry like that made Twilight's heart ache. She knew Scootaloo wanted the truth, but what could she tell her? Even now nopony in town, or even Celestia for that matter have any clue on who murdered the Element of Loyalty, so what was she meant to tell her about it? Rainbow Dash was dead, and there was no bringing her back.

''I-I-I Can't...''

Twilight said before she saw the look on Scootaloo's face, making her stop. She saw her lip quivering and her eyes welling with tears as some already ran freely down her face. Without saying anything, Twilight pulled Scootaloo into a hug, comforting her as she let her cry on her shoulder. She held her close as she rubbed her back lovingly with her hoof.

''Scoots, I'm sorry, but I don't know who did it. Nopony does. I know you miss her, we all do, but we are just gonna have to accept it sooner than later.''

''T-Twili-ight, w-who could be so heartlessly cruel to even do such a thing?!''

''I-I dunno, squirt. Whoever they are, they'll get whats coming to them eventually.''


Scootaloo walked to Sugarcube Corner and sat down at one of the empty tables. She slumped back in the seat as she let out a sigh. Why did everypony she go to act the same way? Did they know something that they didn't want to tell her? Do they actually know who did it? Her thoughts were quickly ended as she felt a hoof being placed to her shoulder. She looked next to her to see her friend Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle sat next to her. They both had the same worried expression plastered on their faces as they looked at their Pegasus friend.

''Oh, hey, girls.'' Scootaloo said tiredly.

''Y'all alright, Scoots?'' Apple Bloom said, keeping her gaze fixed to her friends.

''Yeah, just dandy. How about you? Been crusading lately?''

''Naw. We've been looking for you for the entire day, Scoots. We're worried about you. This whole thing about Rainbows murder seems to be getting to you. You've gotta try to forget about it.''

''How can I? I shared so many memories with Rainbow that its impossible to forget anything we did. Like the time we went camping.''

''Well, whats wrong, exactly? I know Rainbow isn't around anymore, but it looks as though its not just that.'' Sweetie Belle said, as if she could read Scootaloo's mind.

''Fine. You got me.'' Scootaloo said, exhaling deeply through her nostrils. ''Its that somepony murdered Rainbow Dash and I want to know who. I've been to see Fluttershy and Twilight, but I think they are not telling me something that I should know about. They just won't tell me!''

''Scoots, its alright. They'll get found out eventually, don't worry about it. ''

''But its not alright, Sweetie. My sister is dead, and I want to know who did it, but I dunno who. And when I find 'em...''

''Whoa, whoa! Calm it, will ya, Scoots. I'll tell ya what. If it'll make y'all feel better, hows about we go and try and find who did it?''

''Now your talking! But there's one problem with this plan - when we find him or them, what do we do?''

''We'll tell Twilight, of course! She'll know what to do.''

''Well, alright. Lets get going.''

Author's Note:

Alright everyone. As a notice, a few of you in the comments said you want this one to not be as gory as my other stories. Well, no worries there, because there is only gonna be a small amount of it. So don't get your nickers in a twist. And BTW, if anyone wants to be a proof reader/editor, feel free to ask.

Sorry this one is short as hell, but I really don't have many ideas on where I can take this, although I already have a plan in mind for the story. Tell me what you think. Do I need improvement? Is my skill at writing any better?