• Published 5th May 2014
  • 1,326 Views, 4 Comments

Archetypes - pokeking95



A Jedi Master and a Dark Lord of the Sith do battle in the heart of the Everfree Forest.

  • ...
2
 4
 1,326

Jedi Victory - the Dark, Vanquished

The Jedi stared at the broken form laying before her. The once-powerful Darth Fulgur had been reduced to a whimpering little mass, huddled and injured, breathing raggedly and weakly. Her large crossed eyes were soft and pleading, with only the barest glint of hope shining in them.

Zecora bit her lip in anguish, almost hard enough to draw blood. Why had this become so complicated? Was she truly strong enough to bear the guilt of killing a mother and orphaning her child? Was she willing to bear the mournful and hateful gaze of an entire town by whom she had spent so hard trying to be accepted?

Was she prepared to give everything she had worked for to fulfill her duty as a Master of the Jedi Order and an adherent to the Light Side of the Force?

After a while, Zecora steeled her resolve as she made her decision.

The quaking of the lightsaber disappeared as confidence gripped it once again, and without any more betraying thoughts plaguing her mind Zecora plunged the green blade of plasma deep into the Sith’s fragile body. Derpy gasped in shock and agony as she felt the intense heat of the blade burn within her breast, neatly slicing through her and out the other side. Her vision rapidly darkening, she blearily looked up at the Jedi in front of her, barely making out the emotionless veil across her executioner’s visage. She managed to breathe out the weakest whisper…

“…D-D…D-Din… ky…”

...Before the life left her eyes and the Dark Side of the Force claimed her being forever.

Pulling back and deactivating her lightsaber, Jedi Master Zecora stared at the lifeless, unblinking corpse of the Dark Lord of the Sith, broken and bleeding, a far cry from the awkward but much-loved mailmare of Ponyville. Soon after, it began to disintegrate into formless wisps of effervescent scarlet energy, which then eventually disappeared into nothing. Before long, there was naught a single trace left of the Sith Lord. Like a torrent of water no longer held back by a dam, Zecora’s emotions ran freely and wildly at that moment, and so tumultuous they were that she could not tell for sure exactly what she was feeling.

She was certain, though, that there was no pride at what she had just done.

Struggling to maintain her poise, Zecora stared despondently at the spot where her enemy lay just moments ago for a little while longer, trying to get the hurricane of her inner self under her control once again. After a time, she finally turned away and returned to her hut to resume meditating.

It would be the longest meditation session of her life.