• Published 4th May 2014
  • 8,669 Views, 308 Comments

Scootaloo & The Cabinet of Seers - HMXTaylorLee



While working on a school project, Scootaloo discovers that a powerful group of psychics are available for counsel to Equestrian royalty. She convinces Princess Twilight to ask only one question on her behalf - 'Will I ever be able to fly?'

  • ...
7
 308
 8,669

Little By Little

Scootaloo followed behind the princess, looking behind her at the still open door to Twilight’s bedroom. Despite the dull haze of her nap still lingering, she could remember just how much of herself she had spilled to the patient Alicorn walking in front of her. A blush crept upon her face, and the biting ache in her head reminded her that it wasn’t just her thoughts and worries, but also several streams of salty tears that she had spilled as well – no doubt the bedspread was still damp. Scootaloo straightened her neck out, looking up at Twilight, who didn’t seem perturbed. Rather, Twilight was now wearing a dutiful expression upon her countenance, one that she no doubt had used when composing her infamous lists for scheduling her day’s objectives. Of course, if what Scootaloo had heard was true, those lists were often written by none other than her number one assistant.

“Spike?” Twilight called from the top of the stairs, slowly making her way down them one hoof at a time, while Scootaloo bounded with two hooves simultaneously, like a coil, to make up for the difference in stride.

“Yeah?” The dragon’s head popped up from behind the desk with Cheerilee’s letter resting upon it, the tall red feathered tip of a quill dancing in front of his nose.

“Oh, were you writing something?” Twilight asked as she reached the bottom of the stairs, Scootaloo clambering down beside her.

“Just Thunderlane’s message, in case I forgot while you were two were upstairs. I know how you like things documented anyways,” Spike added. “Now that you’re here, I can tell you about it myself.”

“In a minute, if you wouldn’t mind,” Twilight requested. “Do you still have the books about Equestrian Holidays on hoof?”

“These ones?” Spike lifted two rather thick volumes with one claw from a small shelf labeled “Frequent Usage: History and References.”

Scootaloo squinted to read the titles along the spines of the books – one was titled Death, Darkness, and Deranged Depravity – A History of Hearts and Hooves Day while the other was much less nefariously titled The Birth of Equestria: Hearth’s Warming Eve Explored. She noticed the formidable thickness of the works upon closer inspection, and silently gulped.

Twilight however, didn’t need to read the spines to know that they weren’t the books she was looking for. “I was thinking more along the lines of Holidays: Past and Present or Celebrations Explanations. Something a bit more general, to help Scootaloo choose a holiday for her project.”

“Oh, right.” Spike nodded. “Just a second, Twilight, I’ll get ‘em right away.”

“Thanks, Spike,” Twilight expressed, as Spike shuffled towards the array of bookshelves behind him in search of his objective. “Now then, Scootaloo…” She said, using her magic to lift a folded piece of paper atop the desk from underneath Cheerilee's now-vacated envelope to the edge of the desk closest to Scootaloo.

“What’s tha – Hey!” Scootaloo’s question was interrupted as she was levitated above the polished floor of the library, her wings buzzing to prevent her from falling. Although Scootaloo had been moved by magic onto Twilight’s back not long before, she was still none too used to it while she was acting without the tendencies of a ragdoll.

The Pegasus looked down, giggling at the sight of the room below her – it was an entirely new perspective for the filly. She witnessed a chair coated in a magenta light that was similar to the one engulfing her sliding right next to the desk below, and she watched herself lower onto it as the aura gently faded. She couldn’t help feeling just a tinge of disappointment as her hooves rested upon a solid surface once more.

“Sorry!” Twilight squeaked. “I should have asked before using magic on you.”

“It’s – it’s fine.” Scootaloo sputtered, shaking her head as if to try and rid herself of the magical residue, much like a dog would when it wanted to dry off after a swim in the river, her head twinging. “Just a little warning next time, is all.”

“Good luck with that,” Spike chuckled, placing a number of books atop the desk. “Magic is a reflex for Twilight by now – you might as well ask her to warn you when she’s going to sneeze.”

“Spike!” Twilight warned jokingly, to which the dragon merely snickered some more. “Are these the holiday books?”

“Yup!” The dragon answered with a chipper voice. “Holidays: Past And Present, Celebrations Explanations, and a third I found in the same section – Times and Traditions.” The dragon used a claw to point out each one as he read their names from the spines. “Should be a good place to start, right?”

“Excellent, as always,” Twilight complimented, which Spike vastly enjoyed from what Scootaloo could discern from the dragon’s satisfied beaming. “As I was saying, Scootaloo,” she addressed the filly. “Here’s the list of the holidays your peers have already chosen.” The Alicorn pointed at the piece of paper she had just moved in front of Scootaloo. The Pegasus looked down at the list, seeing Apple Bloom’s name atop the list next to “Hearth’s Warming Eve”. Scootaloo also couldn’t help but notice the now brown smudge on the edge of the sheet.

“Picking a holiday shouldn’t be too difficult,” Twilight continued. “Simply look through the table of contents in one of the books here…” The brown cover of Holidays: Past and Present burst with a lavender flash for a moment as it lifted open to reveal said table of contents to Scootaloo, the cover now partially concealing the sign-up sheet.

“…and find an interesting one that ISN’T already on that list.” Twilight concluded.

“Got it.” Scootaloo nodded.

“Now…” Twilight frowned, her magic pulling the list out from underneath the hardcover panel to examine it once again. “…It looks like a lot of the more popular ones have already been picked over, so you might have to go with something a bit more obscure – lesser known, I mean.”

“I figured as much,” the Pegasus said with a sigh. “All the days we get off, right?”

“Probably!” Twilight laughed. “Now, while you get to that, I’ll go fetch your ice pack.”

Scootaloo had been so absorbed in trying to pre-decide her holiday that she had almost forgotten about her headache. Almost.

“Thank you so much, Princess Twilight.”

“Just Twilight is fine, Scootaloo,” The mare said as she and Spike made their way into the kitchen. “Think nothing of it… Now, Spike, you mentioned Thunderlane…”

Left alone with nothing but the books and list on the desk before her, Scootaloo took a deep breath and began to browse the table of contents more thoroughly.

Arbor Day? That sounds like something Fluttershy would like…

She ran her hoof down along the piece of parchment, her eyes scanning the right hand column.

…and evidently Willow Leaf liked it too. What about this one – Civil Services Appreciation Day?

Scootaloo skimmed ahead to the indicated page 62, and read the summary for said holiday.

Civil Services Appreciation Day, established September 2, 4C59, is a day where Civil Service Members within our community, such as mayors, council members, fireponies, custodial ponies, teachers, (Cheerilee would no doubt appreciate that, Scootaloo thought.) postal workers, and public safety positions such as lifeguards and park rangers are commemorated for their valuable but oft forgotten contributions to the communities. This holiday is one that is usually accompanied by an awards ceremony for meritorious or otherwise noteworthy… blah blah blah.

Scootaloo shuddered and flipped back to the table of contents. It wasn’t that she didn’t appreciate the hard work that those ponies did, but there was simply too much there to cover with only a weekend of preparation. Not only that, but it sounded… boring. A presentation of a presentation? Was there a Wonderbolts Appreciation Day? The Pegasus licked the tip of her hoof to aid in turning the singular page to find the holidays starting with a “W” when out of nowhere, a brilliant explosion of light accompanied with popping sound occurred only inches away from her suddenly vacated chair.

“Sorry! Sorry! I forgot – I didn’t mean to startle you!” Scootaloo heard from the floor, Twilight’s face rounding the corner of the desk, lined with a frantically apologetic appearance.

“S’fine…” Scootaloo mumbled quietly, her head pounding again as she lay on her back, and her wings folded back to her sides after the shock had worn off and she calmed down. “I wasn’t startled, I was just – MMMFFF!” Scootaloo’s face was suddenly awash with sensations of frigidity. Twilight Sparkle, it seemed, had found the ice pack, and had wasted no time in applying it.

“Here’s the ice pack – does that feel better?” Twilight fired off quickly, eager to correct the damage she had caused with her surprise teleportation. “Oh! And you’ll be glad to know, Spike saved some cookies! I have a plate here for you.”

Scootaloo jolted up at the mention of the treat, pressing the plastic coated ice pack to her forehead with her hoof as she did so.

“Cookies? Alright!” The Pegasus exclaimed, the surprisingly long and heavy ice pack draping down and resting on her shoulder. “Where are -”

“They’re right up here, on the desk – let me just-”

“No, wait! I can – wah!” Scootaloo waved her free hoof to no avail as she found herself once again levitating upward to the desk at the command of Twilight’s magic. This time however, she was prepared for it. Scootaloo embraced the feeling of being off the ground for a moment, and her wings buzzed excitedly. Underneath her, she could see the plate full of cookies resting on the desk. The smell had since faded, but they still looked as tasty as ever. Her free hoof that wasn’t holding the ice pack extended and tried to push the air away from behind her, as though she were swimming in the air. Nothing happened of course, but she still smiled excitedly being above the ground. For the second time that day, Scootaloo felt the wood from the chair beneath her, warmth emanating from when she had been sitting on it earlier, and with it, the disappointment that followed.

“Having fun?” The princess smiled knowingly.

Scootaloo looked at her with a wide grin. “Yeah! It’s so cool to be up there. Most of the time when I’m not on the ground, it’s usually falling down the side of a cliff with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle or something like that.”

“Well, hopefully that was a lot less painful. You didn’t get hurt too badly when you fell, did you?”

Scootaloo shook her head nonchalantly, yet still clutched the ice pack to her forehead. “I’ve been through a lot worse. And this-” she gestured to the ice pack “-this helps. It’s a little bit big, but it’s good.”

“Oh yes, I’ve actually been using it for these.” Twilight flapped her wings momentarily to illustrate.

“Right, Rainbow Dash’s training.” Scootaloo put it bluntly. “You must get a bit sore when you can actually fly during it.”

“I er… I didn’t want – I shouldn’t have said anything.” Twilight spoke slowly, yet still managed to stutter.

“It’s… whatever.”

Scootaloo resumed looking at the tables of content, her body sagging slightly. Though she stared constantly at the words Wonderbolts Founding, Anniversary of – Page 337, she made no effort to turn to page 337. Instead, she just listened and kept a close watch from her peripherals at the purple blur in the corner of her eyes.

“Actually, Scootaloo… I wanted to ask you about Rainbow Dash’s training.”

Of course. Scootaloo blinked and held her eyelids shut, scolding herself silently. She should have known that Twilight would have put the pieces together about the training, being that the Alicorn princess was actually the one who was receiving it.

“When the other girls – Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom, that is – asked me to help you, they had mentioned that you didn’t do your project with them because you were busy getting flight lessons with Rainbow Dash…”

Scootaloo should have kept her mouth shut.

“Now, you and I both know that’s not true. Rainbow Dash has been working with me.”

Definitely.

Scootaloo sat completely still, not daring to even blink. Her eyes were starting to get sore from keeping them pointed to the left, keeping Twilight’s increasingly blurry outline in her line of sight. Yet, the filly did not dare to turn her head to look and risk the princess looking directly at her after catching her in a lie.

“I didn’t say anything to them, because I’m guessing there’s a reason that YOU didn’t.”

That was good. Scootaloo didn’t want anypony to ask questions, not even Apple Bloom or Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo stirred in her seat uneasily, awaiting another self-deduced revelation from the mare standing next to her. Twilight was doing her best imitation of Scootaloo now, and didn’t budge an inch, and didn’t make a peep. Then, there was a cough.

“I… umm… er… thanks….” Scootaloo grumbled quietly. It didn’t need to be loud. Aside from Spike shuffling in the other room, it was completely silent in the library.

“I’d like to think at this point you could feel comfortable telling me anything, Scootaloo.” Twilight whispered. “But if it bothers you that much, I won’t press the subject.”

“If you wouldn’t mind.” Scootaloo finally blinked, and heard her neck crack as she faced Twilight. The princess was gazing intently at her, studying her. Scootaloo secretly hoped she hadn’t yet mastered a spell to read the thoughts of others. In that case, she secretly hoped that her secret hope was still a secret. Twilight merely raised her eyebrow.

“So… any luck finding a holiday?” The Alicorn asked cheerily to both change the subject and brighten the mood.

“Oh!” Scootaloo bounced in her seat, pivoting to face the book and list again with a sigh of relief. “No… not really. I didn’t see too many that looked interesting so far, but this ‘Wonderbolts Founding Anniversary’ looks promising.”

“Oh! That is a good one! There’s a whole bunch of fascinating history, and it doesn’t all involve Pegasus either – have you ever heard of the EUP?”

“Uh… no?”

“Well, it’s about… scratch that one.”

“That doesn’t make any sense. Scratching which one?”

“Oh no, the EUP is a collaborative between… nevermind. I meant that one of your classmates already chose this holiday, it seems.”

“What? Who?” Scootaloo snapped at the paper with her hooves, quickly analyzing each line. “Snails.” She said flatly. “It had to be Snails.”

“Don’t worry,” Twilight chuckled lightheartedly. “There are plenty of other interesting holidays with rich and detailed histories and traditions to choose from in here that your peers haven’t yet selected. Look!” Twilight’s hoof rushed past Scootaloo’s muzzle to point at another item in the book. “Nopony chose the Night of Harmony’s Flowers!”

“The what of what now?” Scootaloo perked up. “Like, Elements of Harmony?”

“Better! This is an old, old holiday, one that celebrates the passing of a law allowing marriage between different races of-”

“Ew! No way!”

“What?”

“That’s just so… namby-pamby. Nopony wants to hear about lovey dovey stuff like that!” Scootaloo grimaced, her little orange muzzle scrunching up in disgust.

“What about Hearts and Hooves Day?” Twilight pointed out quickly. “I recall a funny story about how you and the other Crusaders got pretty involved with that a while back.”

“Yeah, but… that was because of the whole destruction thing,” Scootaloo replied, scratching the back of her head with her free hoof. “And, you know, Miss Cheerilee not having a special somepony.”

“Other than the near ruin of a kingdom, I don’t really see too much of a difference.” Twilight observed flatly.

Scootaloo hated to admit that Twilight was right, but she still didn’t want to pick that one. Really, it didn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, because her classmates wouldn’t be seeing it – just Miss Cheerilee, so it’s not like they could make fun of her for it anyways.

As much as Scootaloo decried some of the linear homework assignments, she found herself wishing that she had simply been given a holiday to present instead of having to pick one from this veritable myriad of choices. Scootaloo rarely celebrated holidays, the only notable exceptions being the ones that she was given a day off from school for, and those were hardly celebrations as much as they were opportunities to play, sleep in, or go crusading. The choice wasn’t getting any easier, especially when –

“…Equestrian Royal Army Services Day, Armistice Day, or maybe the one celebrating the liberation of the Crystal Empire – what was that one called again? Nevertheless, those are some about the near ruin of kingdom in some form or fashion…”

The Pegasus coughed, snapping Princess Twilight from the recital of her invisible list.

“I’ll pick something out, Twilight.” Scootaloo told her with a sigh. “As long as I put some effort into it, I think Cheerilee will be happy with it. Somepony presented a holiday that I’m pretty sure was fake today, and he actually got a good grade for it.”

Twilight chortled at the notion, and peered at the list to try and find the imposter. Scootaloo, in the meantime, resumed browsing Holidays: Past and Present for another acceptable holiday to make a project out of.

“'Emergence Day' by Button Mash. This has to be it.” Twilight read aloud with a smirk on her face. “What was that one about?”

Scootaloo lifted her muzzle out of the pages detailing the uncreatively titled “Rocks and Ores Week”, which she presumed to be an equally uncreative weeklong celebration of the virtues of ores and rocks, to address Twilight’s question.

“I don’t remember. Something about… something? Underground ponies, I think it was.” She said distractedly, trying to remember the details of that silly presentation while looking through an increasingly incomprehensible blur of flipped pages and inked words. Before she knew it, the back cover of the book landed atop the four hundred plus preceding pages with a soft thud.

“Um… Is everything alright?” Twilight asked from the opposite side of the desk, giving Scootaloo a wary gaze.

“Yeah, just… I’m going to try a different book. This one didn’t really have enough of what I was looking for,” Scootaloo answered, grasping Times and Traditions and opening the front page.

“Do you need some more help choosing? I can suggest some more – here, just let me take this one…” The Alicorn spoke rapidly, using her magic to lift the unopened copy of Celebrations Explanations towards her.

“No!” Scootaloo exclaimed, retreating at the sight of Twilight flinching. “I mean… No, thank you. I’m not really good at this whole ‘choosing a topic’ thing. There’s so many to pick from, and hearing more suggestions just… it doesn’t make it any easier.”

“Oh…OH!” Twilight gasped when she realized what Scootaloo was implying. “I didn’t mean to distract you, or interrupt you, or – or –“

“It’s okay! I really do appreciate you being so helpful, honest! I just…” Scootaloo shrugged, unable to decide how exactly to say to Twilight that her “help” wasn’t exactly helpful; it just added more noise to Scootaloo’s already torrential deluge of thoughts. Much to her relief, however, Twilight proved her expertise in sympathy once again.

“I understand,” she said, the book before her closing shut in a purple aura. “If you need help, I’ll be upstairs in my study – bedroom,” she added hastily to clear up the confused look on Scootaloo’s face. “I’ve got a letter to Miss Cheerilee to write anyways.” She finished, pushing the chair she had stepped off of back under the desk.

The pages started to turn again. Flip, flip, flip – seemingly in time with Twilight’s hoof falls up the stairs.

It was one thing, Scootaloo thought, to have some of her frustrations and emotions spilled forth onto the bedsheets and ears of an Equestrian Princess. But what if her teacher found out? Scootaloo found herself wishing she hadn’t said anything at all about… anything. She could imagine the look on Cheerilee’s face after reading that Scootaloo had run to a princess about her personal problems, and the look on her face when she next saw Scootaloo on Monday. It’d be a mix of pity and disgust – “poor little Scootaloo,” She’d say. She could imagine the mirth on Diamond Tiara’s countenance when Cheerilee watched over Scootaloo like a hawk. “Don’t make fun of her because she’s a blank flank and can’t fly!” That’s what Cheerilee would say, certainly. And all of her classmates would make absolutely sure to bring it up at every instance they could, with malicious sarcasm and sickening sweetness.

“Can I have a blank piece of paper? Not blank like Scootaloo’s flank, of course. That would be SOOO mean.”

“Is that a fly buzzing around the room? Certainly it’s not Scootaloo trying to take off. Nope.”

The pages whirred as the young Pegasus’ breaths grew shallow. She couldn’t let that happen. Worse yet, if Cheerilee found out that Scootaloo had to rely on a princess to ask for help instead of family, what would she do? Any ounce of investigating, and –and – NO. Scootaloo wouldn’t go back. She couldn’t take the looks, and the forced smiles, and the mutterings from behind closed doors. All saying exactly what Diamond Tiara had said to her that day, all saying –

“I’m not going to tell her anything you told me, if you’re wondering.” Twilight called over her shoulder from the top of the stairs. Scootaloo didn’t say anything, her thought process screeching to a halt, and the panicked flipping through the textbook fallen silent. “Everything you said I’m keeping in confidence. It’s entirely up to you if you wish to share it.”

"Please... don't tell her," Scootaloo pled softly. "I don't want her to think that I'm some - some crybaby, bawling to a princess because I got made fun of at school."

"She wouldn't think that of you, Scootaloo. She'd probably think you were very brave for sharing yourself the way you did."

"Brave..." Scootaloo shuddered. "Promise me you won't tell her?"

Silence. Then -

"I promise."

"T-thanks, Twilight."

The clop of Twilight's steady hoofsteps resumed, growing fainter as the Alicorn made her way into the bedroom above Scootaloo. Relief washed over her, and her final panicked notion resumed it's scrolling through her head like the last stretch of a film reel, her train of thought marvelously intact despite the conversation that quelled the very fear that had sparked it.

It’s no wonder her parents gave her up

She sighed deeply, gently resting her head upon the open book in front of her. Her head remained there for several minutes, unmoving until she heard Spike’s claws scampering in the room next to her. With a groan, she lifted her head up and decided to resume her futile search for a suitable holiday. Lowering her eyes to the page, she read the words;

Newborn Celebration Day

Summary: One of Equestria’s earliest celebrations, founded March 21st, 1BC98, Newborn Celebration Day was created by Princesses Celestia and Luna after the bitter winds and snow from the accursed Wendigos had claimed many lives prior to Equestria’s founding as a reminder for parents all across the land to cherish their young, and to be thankful for the miracle of life that their new homes allowed.

*See also, Hearth’s Warming Eve (p. 266), Cabinet of Seers (p.88), Grace & Gratitude Day (p. 202)

Continued on next page

Scootaloo read over the passage again. And again. The filly felt a strange sensation as she read the paragraph, something she couldn’t describe. It was as though she were hollow, trying to drink the words to fill her. It was like she was frustrated, deciphering an ink soaked finale to a riveting mystery novel. Above all, she was curious. Intensely curious. She wanted to know those paternal thoughts and words. She wanted to know what “link” could bring a mother and father to care for a helpless foal that costs so much time and energy.

And secretly, more than anything…

She wanted to know what could break it.

For the first time since she’d cracked open those books, she felt confident, exuberant even. She hadn't heard of this holiday before, and upon scanning the class sign-up roster, she saw that nopony else had either. Or at the very least, no one had chosen to present it. With satisfaction, she rested the cover down atop the rest of the pages, and hopped down from her seat. She scanned the walls, the few that weren’t covered by bookshelves for a clock of some sort. No sooner had she found one and read it, she heard Spike’s cough from kitchen, and turned to see the young dragon watching her.

“How’s it going?” He asked nonchalantly.

“It’s good, really good. I picked my holiday,” Scootaloo reported with excitement.

“You did? Which one did you pick?” Spike’s spikes stood on edge with enthusiasm.

“I went with uhh… Newborn Celebration Day.” Scootaloo’s answer faltered when she realized just how silly the announcement sounded. Spike evidently felt the same way.

“Newborn Celebration Day?” He repeated with confusion. “Not that it’s not a good choice, I’m sure it is! But it seems kinda…”

“Namby-Pamby?”

“…Yeah.”

“I literally flipped a book to a random page and landed on it,” Scootaloo said semi-truthfully.

“Ah! Gotcha! Sure beats poring through a whole bunch of boring books to find a topic, huh?”

“Definitely.” Scootaloo agreed.

“And uh… don’t tell Twilight what I said about poring through a bunch of books. She’s kinda sensitive about that sort of thing,” Spike requested nervously, peering to the top of the stairs to see if Twilight’s disapproving glare would meet him. Thankfully, it wasn’t.

“Your secret’s safe with me!” Scootaloo assured him. “Anyways, I’m about to head on out for the night. I didn’t want to disturb Princess Twilight upstairs, so I was wondering if you might be able to tell her for me later when she comes down?”

“Count on it.” Spike nodded happily. “Did you want to take those with you?” He asked pointing at the desk where the filly had been working.

“I’ll read them tomorrow.” Scootaloo dismissed with an almost frantic tone.

Spike burst into laughter, covering up his mouth with a claw. “Not the books – the cookies!”

“What?” Scootaloo looked confused, and then her eyes lit up. “Oh yeah! Absolutely!”

The dragon scampered over to the desk, stretching his short legs to grasp the plate above him with his claws. With a flourish, he presented it to the orange Pegasus, her purple mane bouncing excitedly as her mouth hung open.

“Tada! Here you go!”

“Awesome!” She clapped her hooves together happily before bending down to take the plate in her mouth. “MMwayf, ahm mmng gmf goimf,” she tried her best to speak with the dish in her mouth. Her message was clear to Spike, whom had probably had practice when trying to eat a meal and organize books at the same time as bouncing ideas back to Twilight.

“Alright, Scoots! See you tomorrow!”

“Mme you mmfrow!”

The bell above the door chimed, and Scootaloo found herself outside the door of the library. Without the sun, the autumn air was somewhat brisk, but that didn’t put a damper in Scootaloo’s trot. She placed the tray of cookies in the wagon behind her scooter, and quickly spurred the vehicle to life with the buzzing of her wings. As the image of the clock flashed through her mind from before she spoke with Spike, she raced off into the night.

Meanwhile at the library, faint voices could be heard inside. One was undoubtedly Twilight’s, asking where Scootaloo had gone at the prompting of the door’s bell. The other was Spike explaining that everything was alright, and that Scootaloo had indeed picked a holiday.

Then, the light on the second floor brightened again as Twilight returned to her bedroom – study, as she liked to refer to it. After several minutes of nothing but the sound of leaves rustling in the trees, there were three knocks sounding at the door.

Light washed over the figure in front of it as Spike opened the door with the accompanying chime, revealing the pony's identity to him.

“Miss Cheerilee?”

Author's Note:

It's alive!

Much appreciation to my new beta reader,
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Godzillawolf

His input helped a lot to clean up some of the visualization within this chapter as well as add some bits of characterization that weren't quite fleshed out.

Comments and critiques are appreciated, as always!