• Published 10th May 2014
  • 1,703 Views, 42 Comments

Trust and Malevolence - Sgt GobSmacker



Three mares suddenly get torn out of their world and thrust into a land that could only be described as a nightmare.

  • ...
5
 42
 1,703

V On the Road Again

An icey breeze was cast upon her being. Making her shiver with the cold. Her feathers blew gently along with the draft, touching her sides, giving off a ticklish feel to her left, making her uncomfortable in the position she currently was in.
'Why is it so cold?!'
She opened her eyes slowly, her vision set downward; blinking her cerise eyes to get the sleep out. She let out a tired yawn, her body ached all over.
'Why do I feel sore?' She didn't do any practice sessions yesterday or crash... the only thing she could guess was her dream...

'Oh... please no' She hesitantly looked to her left.

Her blood froze on the spot, her breathing was becoming sharper with each intake of air. That creature... 'Gabriel' she came to know it as, was standing not only ten feet (hoofs?) away from her. His back turned to her, his gazed fixed upon the rising sun. She began to hyperventilate.

Rainbow glanced around. Applejack was at the opposite side of the ruin, her gaze cast downward, her eyes were bloodshot with bags under them, from the lack of sleep, and the boundaries between life and death the night before, her hat was torn in a few places.

Rainbow looked at Gabriel again, the blur in her vision became less and less vague with every passing second. She saw Luna standing to the right side of the man, her vision being casted upon the waking ball of fire.
Dash thought all of this was some messed up dream, waiting to be woken up from. Fear and panic was taking over her commen sense. She should be in her bed at her cloud mansion, not in this damn place!
She cast her vision upon Gabriel once more, she gritted her teeth in anger. The panic and fear now being reset with another emotion.

It was rage.

The rage began to overtake her being, coming up with far-fetched accusations against the man.
'He's the reason why we're here!'
'He's the reason Luna's hurt!"
'He wants to gain our trust so he can use us! Not me!'

She got up from the cold, stone floor; quaking with rage, ready to pound Gabriel into the ground. She stretched her wings out, to get a feel for the limbs, her eyes remaining locked on the figure of the knight. She sheathed her wings back, and flared them back to life. Dash got ready to fly at speeds so high it'll make mach one look like mach two.

Gabriel was having a conversation with Luna on the ways of his world.
"So the sun and moon rise and fall by themselves? Luna questioned, her eyes gleaming with curiousity that would put Curious George to shame.

"As far as I know, they d-" *BOOM* *THWAK* Gabriel was cut off as he was sent soaring through the air at high speeds with an explosive pain in his centeral spinal region. He crashed into the once alive and dangerous Agathian Titan. Cracking a several ribs in the process. ( What can I say? He's a tough guy.) He winced in pain as he moved. Not the most agonizing thing he's suffered, but was definitely up there in his top one-hundred list.

Gabriel turned around to be met... nearly with a cyan blue hoof to the face. He looked up slightly to see Rainbow's cerise eyes glaring at him with abominable rage. There was a blue aura engulfing her entire being. Gabriel saw Luna and Applejack running ( strutting?) over, Luna had a look of anger on her face while Applejack had a look of pure confusion.

"Let me at him!" Rainbow screamed in un-quenched fury.

"Rainbow Dash! What'st thou think your doing!" Luna roared in her Royal Canterlot voice, scaring every animal in the viscinity; making Dash stop her struggles and making Gabriel wince slightly at the shear volume. He's heard louder, but that made his ears ring slightly. Applejack was covering her ears. The ringing in her ears must have been un-bearable, seeing as equine ears are more sensitive than a humans.

"What I'm doing!?" Rainbow shouted back. "He's the reason we're here!"

Gabriel limped over to Luna's side, he stood there breathing heavily in pain.
"I have not interfered with your lives in anyway, I do not have any magical capabilities." He stated through clenched teeth.

"How do I know your not ly-"

"THAT IS ENOUGH, RAINBOW DASH!" Luna used the voice again, but much lower this time. "He has no magical essence emanating off of him, except from that amulet he used to heal me."

Rainbow stopped her struggling, looking at Applejack with a back-me-up expression.
"Ah'm sorry R.D but, Ah have to go with Gabriel and the Princess on this one-" Applejack nodded toward them. "-They're telling the truth, and Ah'm the element o' honesty remember?"

This seemed to have gone through Rainbow's skull, give or take a few seconds. The rage-fueled expression drained from her face, it was replaced with a fearful look. Luna gently lowered her to the ground, the aura encompassing her dissipated. As soon as she was set on the ice covered lake, she began shaking un-controllably. She was left stuttering with eyes brimming with tears.

"I-I-I'm s-s-s-orry, I-I-I d-d-d-didn-t-t k-n-" Gabriel just shook his head and walked up to her. Rainbow looked up at him expecting the worse. Gabriel kneeled down to her eye level, and looked at her, a small smile on his face.

*SLAP!*

A faint hand print was left on Rainbow's left cheek. (Not her butt! Get your minds out of the gutter!)

"What was that for!?" She yelled in his face.

Gabriel was un-phased by this. "You were hyperventilating," He stated simply. "Did it work?"

"...Yeah."

"Good."

Gabriel kneeled back up and walked towards Luna and Applejack, with Dash in tow.

"What was that all about?" Applejack asked confusion plastered on her face.

"She was hyperventilating." Gabriel anwsered. "I slapped her to knock her out of it." Applejack let off a small 'oh'.

"Will we continue our talk?" Luna started, she glanced over at Rainbow. "Before we were.... so 'graciously interrupted'?"

Gabriel turned to her. " We don't have the time, we need to head out. East. And after the Lycan attack last night, I doubt ye would want to stay in this land any longer than ye have to."

"I'm sorry.." Gabriel heard Rainbow mumble beside him. He turned to face her.

"It is O.K Rainbow. You lost controll." He looked at her, his expression was saddened. "I have had it when my wife was murdered." He then perked up a little. " But next time you go off like that, make sure I'm not the one getting hurt." He chuckled faintly at this. Rainbow let out a small laugh.

"Heh heh heh... yeaaah."

"Let us go. We now head east."

They walked their way toward the forest path. Luna nearly slipping on occasion, but Gabriel, Applejack or Rainbow were there to catch her. The forest was abundant with life. Birds flew by, and rabbits hopped along across the forest path, which was laden with foot-prints, paw-prints, and a few bird droppings. Insects buzzed through the trees, bees collected necter off of the flowers. The forest was tranquil.
But something, far more sinister lurked among the shadows of this forest. Watching... waiting for it's next meal to come by.

The journey was slow for the group, especially for Rainbow Dash. She was just glancing around, not listening to whatever Gabriel and Luna were talking about.
Gabriel was in front of the trio. Followed by Luna, Applejack and Rainbow. The forest path was getting thinner with every step they took.
They kept walking onwards, the foilage grew more dense, and the tree branches were becoming more frequent on the central regions of the trunk, nearly wacking Gabriel in the face if he wasn't careful. This continued on for what seemed like hours at a time.

Gabriel stopped abrubtly, with the trio skidding to halt behind him. They crashed into eachother. Gabriel was unmoved by the crash, he stood as still as a statue. He investigated the sight in front of him. It was a massive abyss going along for what looked like miles on each side. In front of him, the path was at the width it was originally at, except laden with cobblestone. Which jutted outwards and upwards, a tripping hazard if they weren't cautious.

An old stone bridge going across the abyss, with moss and vines hanging lazily by the sides. The stone was cracked, and the edges collapsed into the abyss below, frozen over puddles of water were made going along the middle foremost region of the bridge.

Rainbow began to walk up to Gabriel. "Why did we-" Fate decided to play with her, and let her get cut off by Gabriel's hand. Fate loved cutting her off.

"The Bridge is frozen over, and their is no other way across." Gabriel said looking over the bridge.

"I can fly." She stated in a matter-of-fact voice, rolling her eyes.

"I know." Gabriel narrowed his eyes at her slightly. "No other way across for me that is."

"Can't we just pick you up and carry you over?" Luna butted in.

"No. Ye're strength is needed, I am too heavy, Ye'll need to carry Applejack over."

"I can just teleport us over." Luna said, becoming frustrated.

"I know but-" Luna sighed and rolled her eyes. She closed her eyes set all of her concentration on the teleportation spell she was about to cast. Her horn sparked and shimmered, until a blue aura engulfed the four beings. Gabriel felt the very atoms in his body break up, his vision was blinded by a blue light. Gabriel began to feel dizzy and a headache was forming, a bad one mind you. He felt the ground under him reduce to nothingness, until it felt like he was floating in midair.

Seconds later, he collapsed onto the ground. He looked up and saw that they weren't across the bridge. Nowhere near the bridge for that matter. He glanced around him, he saw Luna and Rainbow, but where was-

*THUD!*

Gabriel grunted in pain as an orange being connected with his spine.

"Do you mind getting off?" He asked in a dull tone.

"Oh sorry partner." Applejack sheepishly said proceeding to get off Gabriel's already damaged spine. They seemed unaffected whilst Gabriel seemed dizzy and sore to the stomach, with a migraine coming along.

"Where are we?" Gabriel managed to grunt out, slowly getting onto his feet.

"I do... not know." Luna answered him. "I do not know. I must have lost concentration." She shook her head, her vision casted downward.

Gabriel got up and streched his legs, hearing the cracks of joints whilst doing it. He looked around, the place was riddled with webs. The sticky substance going all over the cavern, with a generously sized hole that could fit three men standing on top of eachother. The only light source was the various cracks and tears going across the earth above, letting in the sunlight.

Gabriel began to investigate the web filled cavern, looking for anything that might be of use to getting out. The roof of the cave was no-go seeing as there was no way in getting without alerting the spider that lurked around in the shadows. The only and probably the most craziest, stupidest option was going through tunnel.

Applejack began searching around the area for anything of use. She casted her gaze around the viscinity, she could hear something, it sounded like quiet scuttling. She settled her vision across the upper levels of the cavern. She stood there, not even blinking. She stood there, mouth agape in terror.

Gabriel looked at Applejack. She stood as still as a statue, with a horror struck expression plastered on her face. He walked over to Applejack, he looked down at her.

"Applejack?" He asked. "Are you okay?" Applejack didn't even answer.

Gabriel followed her gaze. His body temperature fell below freezing. He stared up.

And eight great, hungry eyes stared at him back down.

Author's Note:

Cliffhanger!

Comments ( 20 )

Poor Gabriel; Busted ribs are arguably the worst thing ever, next to child-birth and passing kidney stones. This was a fun chapter. Not quite sure what is staring back at him; I'm going to have to play the game I think.

4369349 Uhhhhmmmmm, that's because it's an official art of the game :scootangel:

4498937
Oh no, I did cover art for it, it just didn't stand out enough so I changed it.

4497687
I think the webs are a bit of give away Ariin:twilightblush: not trying to be mean:scootangel:

4500276 Well, I figured it was a spider of some sort, but I mean more specifically. I assume the spider is something directly from the game, same as the titan. As such, it's possible to find out exactly what it looks like and what they're about to face.

4500298
The area isnt an area from the game, Luna lost concentration, they ended somewhere completely unknown or very near their objective. Its a giant spider, and im making it a helluva lot bigger than the ones from the game. Dammit, there goes the spoils for public:facehoof:

4500314
Ill try and make it look different from the ones in the game. I might draw it

4500093 my bad :twilightblush:, it's pretty good though

excellent!

4500566 could you add a link to the original art? :fluttershysad:

4535550
If you finished the game it would be a lot easier to understand why he knows them and why he wants them there.

OMFG CASTLEVANIA! :pinkiegasp:
MUST READ!! :flutterrage:

Please update new chapters.

"I am no longer Gabriel, woman. I am the Dragon, Dracul. I am the Prince of Darkness, I am, and will be, forever a thorn in His side. That is my vengeance!"1.images.gametrailers.com/image_root/vid_thumbs/2013/06_jun_2013/jun_12/gt_castlevanialordofshadow2_firsttake_ljr.jpg

Login or register to comment