• Published 10th May 2014
  • 1,712 Views, 42 Comments

Trust and Malevolence - Sgt GobSmacker



Three mares suddenly get torn out of their world and thrust into a land that could only be described as a nightmare.

  • ...
5
 42
 1,712

III Journey

Gabriel and the cyan pony looked at the Brotherhood knight standing before them.
"Who are-" The rainbow-maned pegasus was cut off, as strange orbs started spiraling about before them. Gabriel got up onto his feet, and looked at the energy around the trio. He knew spiritual energy when he saw it. A specific orb beckoned Gabriel over to the ruined structure.
"Marie!" Gabriel shouted in a concerned and excited tone. Gabriel began jogging hastily towards the ruin.
He climbed up the steps to the structure and waited for a few seconds as his wife's spirit began to appear before him. Gabriel moved his arm up slowly making sure he wasn't just seeing things. He went to touch it, but, his hand went right through.
Gabriel collapsed onto his knees, tears brimming in his eyes.
"Forgive me. I was not there to save you." Gabriel had a tear making its way down his cheek as he said this in sadness.

Marie looked at him, a smile on her face, as she was able to look into her husband's eyes once more.
"There is nothing to forgive my love. I am so happy to look upon your face again." She began with a sad smile.

"And I yours." Gabriel said as he got up from the cold, stone floor." My love, the Elders of the Order hope that you can help to understand what is happening. The world has been isolated from the Heavens. Some believe God has abandoned us. Can it be true?"

"I feel that.... the spirits are trying to talk to me... They whisper things to me... It is hard to understand them all... It is so dark, so many people crying. I cannot find them in the blackness.. I'm scared..." She said sorrowfully. "There is something else... A shadow is on my mind. You must help us, Gabriel."

"What are they telling you? Who are 'they'?" He asked.

"They are the spirits who founded your order... And that the power of the Lords of Shadow is the key. They talk of a prophecy... I don't understand what they mean..." She said, her voice beginning to turn desperate. "I can feel myself fading.... I can hardly see you... darkness is closing around me. I love you, Gabriel." Marie began to dissipate.

Gabriel began to panic. "No... Marie don't go! Marie... I love you too..."
-----------
The man and the equines were looking at this spectacle with mixed emotions. The knight had a look of sympathy on his face, whilst Rainbow and Applejack were looking at it with a hint of sadness. Luna, witnessing this type of ordeal a few times in her subjects dreams was looking at it with a tearful yet hardened expression.

"I'll go talk to him." The knight whispered, loud enough for the ponies to hear.
-----------
Gabriel looked at the spot where his wife once was with a melancholic expression plastered on his face. Gabriel heard the sound of metal on stone. He turned around to be met with the Brotherhood knight.
"Why are you here? Who sent you?" Gabriel asked a bit harsher than he intended.

"I am Zobek." He began. "A warrior of your Brotherhood; Pan and I are old acquaintances. He felt you would be in need of my assistance.

"Hmm... I have heard of you. I am sorry. My name is Belmont."

"I know who you are." Zobek stated, he then asked. "Was that the spirit of someone you know?"

"Yes, it was... " Gabriel hesitated a little. "My wife."

Zobek turned around and looked at the equines, who's eyes widened after hearing this new piece of information. He turned back to Gabriel.

"Forgive me, I couldn't help but overhear what she told you." He started." It sounds like the spirits who founded our order are trying to tell us something very important." Zobek paused briefly. "Through her."

"What do you mean?" Gabriel asked, his voice that of a whisper.

"Only that the founders of the order seem to be using the dead to communicate with us... The prophecy has been secret for many centuries, it is known to only a select few. There is no way she could've known it, unless.... THEY managed to tell her somehow. Praise be to God!"

"What prophecy?" Gabriel asked curiously.

"It is written that a pure hearted warrior will claim the power of the Lords of Shadow as his own and use it in order to overcome all evil. It is said this warrior would become God's vessel on Earth.. supremely powerful... He could do anything. The founding spirits have not abandoned us, Gabriel! Thanks to your Marie, we now know there is some hope." Zobek was smiling on the outside, on the inside however, was jumping for joy. "We have to enter the Lands of the Dark Lords, your new companions and I. We must reclaim the power they hold and unite the Heavens with this world once more and..."

Gabriel interrupted. "New companions?"

"Yes." Zobek said. "Those equines you managed to save. I saw how they arrived here. I know a teleportation spell when I see it. They have nowhere to go now. They are strong, the alicorn especially. They would prove good allies to have...and... don't you see Gabriel; you can bring your wife back, and maybe even get them home!" He exclaimed, the realization hitting Gabriel like a cart rolling down a steep hill.

Gabriel stared at him, his eyes narrowing. "If what you say is true..." He began slowly. "Then we need to work quickly, and in secret. The Lords of Shadow must not suspect we are on their trail or they will turn all their attention towards us. We should take different routes you and I. We will head for the Land of the Lycans. You will leave for the Territory of the Vampires and prepare the way. Then, we all go onto the Lord of the Necromancers together... his realm lies furthest. Our enemy must suspect nothing."

Zobek nodded, reaching into his satchel. He then took out a gold medallion with blue crystals emblazoned on it; with this in hand he proceeded to give it to Gabriel.

"Take this. It will allow you to absorb spiritual energy and will help cure you and your companions wounds sustained in battle. Good luck my friend, may we be granted victory."

Zobek reached his hand out half-way between himself and Gabriel, to shake on it, which Gabriel kindly took.

"Thank you brother. You have given me renewed hope." A ghost of a smile was present on Gabriel's face.

"I will now be on my way." Zobek said, bowing his head, and set off on his trek, far east.

Gabriel stood there, with mixed emotions on his person. He heard voice coming from in front of the ruin. He began making his way over.
"-hope what he said was true."

"Ah' don't know Rainbow, something about Zobek seems... off."

They turned around as soon as they heard the clanking of metal on stone. Gabriel stood before them, looking down at them.
"What are your names?" Gabriel asked simply.

They, all of course, were hesitant. A silence reigned and Gabriel frowned slightly. The alicorn took this opportunity and spoke up first. "I am Luna, Princess of the night." She spoke in a regal manner. Gabriel bowed his head politely.

"I'm Rainbow Dash! Fastest flyer in Equestria!" The multi-coloured pony said with a hint of brashness in her voice. 'Equestria? Might be were they live.' Gabriel thought with curiosity. The brash attitude didn't sit well with the man, he didn't like big headed people.

"And Ah'm Applejack." She spoke kindly in an accent that was most unfamiliar to Gabriel.

Gabriel nodded his head towards the two, a very, small smile on his face.
"I am Gabriel Belmont." He stated. "We will discuss soon, as of now-" Gabriel looked towards the setting sun."- We make camp and rest up for the night, we head east tomorrow morning. We have a long trek ahead of us."

Author's Note:

Hah!