• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 12,385 Views, 600 Comments

The 7th Element - thunderhawk7865



A young high school musician is transported to Equestria by Celestia. RD x OC

  • ...
82
 600
 12,385

The Battle

Chapter 16: The Battle

"Unicorns? Are you in position with the ground based Elements?" Captain Sixer used a Guard Unicorn's horn as a walkie-talkie-esque device.

"We're ready to go, chief... We're taking up positions outside the wall, our magic is making us invisible as we speak, but the monsters will still be able to hear us if their not focused on the distraction..." DJ Skully responded through his own magic.

"Wait for my go, Skully..." The Captain looked through some binoculars at the city.

The city was a wreck. Steady streams of smoke rose from several buildings in the city. The castle looked absolutely wrecked, a big hole in the ceiling. What made the volunteer ponies lose the most morale, however, was the dragon. The giant red dragon that slept quietly on the intact parts of the castle's roof, smoke rising out as he snored. At the front gate and inside the city, an army of smaller dragons, griffons, diamond dogs, and other assorted creatures roamed the streets.

"This is gonna be one heck of a fight..." The Captain muttered, gulping, and lowering the binoculars. The Captain was flanked by Big Macintosh, who was wearing a chest piece of royal guard armor, and Mic Bluez, who had a similar piece. In fact, everypony who wasn't in the 2nd Ponyville Division had received a chest piece for defense.

"Eeeyup..." Big Mac agreed. "Ah'm just worried about my sister... She's goin' in there without me..."

"She'll be cool, brony..." Mic Bluez turned his head towards Big Mac. "Skully's a master of his craft; he shouldn't run into any problems once we start the distraction..."

"No sign of Discord?" Sunset Canvas asked, walking up from behind Big Mac.

"No... Not for awhile..." The captain turned towards all the Earth ponies who were hidden in the trees. "Get ready to March!"

As the Captain stayed back, Mic Bluez, Big Mac, and Sunset Canvas lead the 100-some Earth pony volunteers and 50 Earth pony Royal Guards out of the forest in a steady march.


Eventually, the whole Earth pony division was out in the field outside the city. The creatures in the city were stirring. Some of the smaller dragons and griffons took flight and looked in the Earth pony's direction, the diamond dogs were picking up what looked like swords and spears after sitting down and feasting on the gems of the aristocrat ponies who had fled. The big dragon had woken up and opened an eye, looking down at the battalion.

One by one, the Earth pony battalion drew their weapons. Swords, pitchforks, knives, and whatever else they had laying around their houses. Big mac had a pitchfork, Sunset Canvas a knife. Mic Bluez scowled and slowly reached up and turned his baseball cap around, brandishing a steel baseball bat.

"Bwahahahaha!" A thunderous voice echoed from the sky above them. "Is this a rescue attempt I'm seeing? This is hilarious!"

"Discord!" Mic Bluez yelled. "You, dawg, have crossed the line!" He pointed the baseball bat upwards. "We're gonna find you, and bust your ugly face in, brony!"

"Hahahah!" The voice boomed. "Yeah, homedog? You ponies and what army?"

"THIS ONE!" Mic Bluez yelled and almost instantaneously a 100-some Pegasasi shot up out of the trees, similarly clad in Royal Guard armor. The Royal Guard Pegasai were brandishing their wing blades, swords that attached to their wings.

At the head of the pack was Dan, Shadow Breeze, Blazing Heartbeat, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were surrounded by the rest of the Pegasai volunteers.

"AHHHHH!" Dan's voice boomed, signaling the Earth pony charge as the Pegasai flew overhead.

Standing up on two legs and yelling as Dan did, the Earth ponies charged the front gate.

"This is...unexpected..." Discord's voice echoed. "No matter... Minions! Attack!"

Thunder seemed to boom around the field as the monsters started sallying out of the city, roaring back. The diamond dogs and some griffons on the ground towards the earth ponies, and the dragons and some griffons heading towards the Pegasai.


"Okay, everypony!" Dan barked behind him. "Take up positions! Guards on the outside, swords out!"

Quickly, the flying group quickly formed a new formation around Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, and the guards were on the outside, wing blades outstretched. Eventually, the group met the dragons and griffons. The monsters tried to claw past the defenses, but the strong stallion Pegasai on the outside kicked or head-butted them away. Several more monsters fell from the guards' wing blades, little spurts of blood flying through the air and dragons and griffons alike plummeted to the Earth, sometimes missing and wing or a leg.


Down on the ground, the Earth ponies were meeting success as well. Mic Bluez raised his bat a bashed in the skull of a diamond dog that met him first, then whirled around and crushed another one's arm, before jumping over the top of the second one, and slamming his bat down on a griffon's back, breaking it and felling the monster.

Big Mac and Sunset Canvas were back to back, stabbing and slicing at anything that moved that wasn't a pony.

To the captains dismay, he occasionally saw an Earth pony fall to a diamond dog blade or a griffon beak or talon. "They knew they might not make it..." He sighed. "They took the chance..."

He used the guard unicorn's horn to contact Skully. "Skully? What's your status?"

"We're inside the city, making our way towards the castle... The pink one is hard to keep quiet though!" Skully hissed into his own horn.

"Any resistance?"

"No sir. We've only seen the occasional monster, but most of them are headed towards the Earth ponies..."

"Good. Keep me posted..." Sixer hung up and turned his attention back toward the battle.


"Good work everypony!" Dan barked back. "Keep it up! We're almost there!"

"LOOK OUT! EVASIVE MANEUVERS!" Blazing Heartbeat barked, sharply turning downwards.

"What're you-WHOA!" Dan sharply dove along with Shadow Breeze and soon the entire group of Pegasai were dropping to avoid a giant fireball the dragon, who had now risen up, had fired at the group. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy barely made it, but the ten or so Pegasai in the back were caught in the blaze, and then fell started spiraling towards the ground, some dead, some on fire and screaming.

"CUD!" Dan swore as he saw them fall, but then he turned his attention to the dragon, who had spread it's wings and started flying towards the group. "Royal Guards! Keep a tight formation around the elements! Everypony else, follow me!"

Dan, Blazing Heartbeat, and Shadow Breeze led all the volunteer Pegasai down in a head-on dive towards the dragon rising to their position. "SPREAD OUT AND TAKE IT DOWN!" Dan barked and the group spread apart and started flying around the dragon, attacking wherever they could.


"YARGH!" Mic Bluez slammed his bat down on top of another diamond dog, smiling when he heard the sickening crack of the dog's skull caving in. He paused and looked around. The battle was going relatively well. The Earth ponies were pushing up towards the gate, and only a few ponies were dead or injured.

Suddenly, a heavy stomping noise was heard behind him and a scream was heard. Mic Bluez turned and ducked just in time to avoid a flying, dead, bloody Royal Guard earth pony. In front of Mic Bluez stood an ogre, bloody hammer in hand, grinning toothily at the rapper.

"Whoa... you're one ugly motherbucker, you know that?" The rapper spit on the ground and readied his bat. Big Mac and Sunset Canvas readied themselves behind him.


The unicorns and the ground-based Elements moved silently through the abandoned streets of Canterlot, cloaked by Skully's and the others' magic.

DJ Skully held up a hoof and the group stopped. A lone blue Pegasus with red hooves and a red and white mane and tail was walking down the street. He had on some cruddy looking leather armor. His cutie mark was a Red Hoof.

"Celestia above..." A unicorn Guard muttered. "It's Blue Arrow..."

"Blue Arrow!" Pinkie Pie bounced. "Oh oh! The war hero?"

AJ grabbed her hoof and pulled her down and hissed, "SHHH!"

"That's him alright..." DJ Skully muttered through his mask. "Good he survived...wait...what?"

More Pegasai joined him in the street, emerging from alleyways and burned out ruins as he walked towards the group. Blue Arrow, flanked by a yellow one, a brown one, and a younger looking red one, stopped in front of the group and blew part of his mane out of his eyes. "Get the elements up to the castle, lads. Allow the Red Hooves of Celestia to assist in this fight..."

With a furious roar, the whole battalion of Red-cutie marked stallions took off and rocketed out to the battlefield.


Captain Sixer gasped. "Luna divine... It's Blue Arrow and the Red Hooves of Celestia!"

"The Princess's secret service?" A guard pony gasped. "They survived!"

"Yes, and here they come!"

The Red Hooves darted all around the battlefield like homing missiles, taking down targets whenever and wherever they could. Blue Arrow himself snapped a griffon's neck with his bottom two legs before looking up at the dragon, who was clutching a blue Pegasus wirth a brown mane in his hand.

"I'm coming, lad!" Blue Arrow shouted before darting off through the air as fast as he could.


Mic Bluez dodged a smash from the ogre by rolling to the side, then charged and slammed his bat down on the ogre's foot. The ogre yelled and backhanded the rapper backwards a few meters.

Mic Bluez spit out some blood and growled. "Big Mac! Sunset! Flank him!"

Big Mac and Sunset both stabbed their weapons into the ogre's upper legs from behind. The ogre roared, trying to turn around. Mic Bluez took this opportunity to charge forward and ram his body into the ogre, causing the ogre to stagger and fall over. Thankfully, Big Mac and Sunset leaped out of the way at the last second.

"Eat this, motherbucker!" The rapper pony barked as he started pummeling the ogre's face with the bat. Even through all the pain Bluez was dishing out. He reached up and swatted Mic Bluez off him.

He landed on the ground hard on his back. He groaned and tried to roll over, but the ogre was already up and charging. Mic Bluez closed his eyes and prepared to be smashed.

"RRRRRARGH!" He heard somepony roar.

The rapper's eyes snapped open and he saw a stallion with a golden mane and red eyes gallop forward, the sword of a fallen guard pony in mouth, and leap up and slash the ogre's face. The ogre cried out and covered his face as blood started gushing out from the cut the pony had made.

"Lance!" Big Mac yelled as the pony known as Lance landed, backed up and jumped back up towards the ogre. "Don't be a hero, partner!"

The ogre suddenly swung his club as Lance jumped, slamming right into the stallion's noggin, knocking him into a rock.

"NOOO!" Big Mac shouted, grabbed his pitchfork and stabbing his pitchfork through the flailing ogre from behind.

The killing blow. The ogre fell over, dead.

Big Mac ran over the stallion's body and knelt down. "Lance! C'mon partner! Wake up!"

The stallion coughed up some blood as Mic Bluez approached. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled, "I was a big fan, Mic..."

"You won't be forgotten kid..." The rapper smiled, also kneeling down. "I'll remember your sacrifice for the rest of my life, brony... Brohoof?"

The stallion shakily extended a hoof. "Bro..." he lightly tapped the rapper's hoof before he went limp and uttering "Hoof..."

Big Mac blinked a tear fell out as Bluez reached down and closed the stallion's eyes.

"C'mon sugar..." Sunset helped Big Mac up. "We've still got a battle to win..."


The blue stallion who was caught in the dragon's fist was none other than Dan. He struggled helplessly to break free, but whenever he moved, the dragon squeezed harder.

"AAAARGH!" Dan shrieked in pain. "Make it STOOOOP!"

He tried sinking his teeth into the dragon's claws, but the dragon just roared and squeezed harder.

"Hold on, Ace!" Shadow breeze called, flying up and kicking the dragon in the eye. The dragon roared and tried to swat Shadow away, but Blazing Heartbeat flew by and pushed Shadow out of the way.

"Thanks, Heartbeat." Shadow panted as he floated in the air.

"Thank me later..." The drummer said before flying down suddenly, slamming into a griffon who was on a guard pony's tail.

"YYYYEEEEARGH!" Dan yelled as he felt something crack in his back.


The Guard Division of Pegasai was almost to the whole in the castle roof, with Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash safe and sound.

"YYYYEEEEARGH!"

Dash turned and gasped. She saw the dragon grasping Ace in it's claws and squeezing.

"Miss Dash..." a Pegasus flew to her. "The elements of harmony are just down here... Please follow us..."

"No. I have to save him!"

Fluttershy looked up as she was about to enter the throne room. "WHAT! Rainbow, no!"

It was too late. Dash was shot off towards the giant flying beast.


Blue Arrow was fast, but not as fast as Rainbow Dash. He stopped when he saw the winner of the Best young Fliers competition, Rainbow Dash, he thought her name was, go zooming in.

Dash zoomed around the dragon three times in under two seconds and slammed headlong into the dragon's soft underbelly. The dragon roared in pain and loosened his grip just enough for Dan to wiggle free.

"Rainbow Dash!" Dan yelled, watching as the dragon gave chase to Dash. "You idiot! You should've gone to the castle! The world is more important than me!"

"NO WAY, ACE!" She barked back as the dragon chased her around through the sky in loops and twists and turns.

Eventually, they got too far away. Blue Arrow flew up to Dan and nodded, "You must be Ace, lad."

Dan smiled when he heard this Pegasus' charming Scottish accent. "Yes, thank you for joining us Blue Arrow. I've read so much about you!"

"About lit'l ol' me, lad? Please..." The middle-aged pony chuckled. "No worries. What you should be worried about is that mare not getton' to the bonny castle..."

"Can you please so stop Rainbow Dash from killing herself and-NO!" Dan's eyes widened me as he saw the dragon swipe at Dash and hit her. Immediately her wing went limp and she started spiraling toward the ground. "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Dan took off as fast as he had flown the night he learned to fly.

"Wait lad!" Blue Arrow barked. "Don't do anythin' stupid, now!"


The world seemed to stand-still for Rainbow Dash as she fell towards the ground. Her right wing was crippled, shattered by the dragon's swipe. "I didn't think I would go out like this... Oh well...I'm sure once they find the last element, they'll be able to stop him without me..." She closed her eyes as she fell, her fun-filled and carefree life flashing before her eyes. From her birth, winning the Best Young Flier's Competition, and meeting Ace...

"Ace will live on...that's all I care about..."

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Dash opened her eyes. "Ace!"

She saw through her slightly opened eyes Dan flying as fast as he could towards her.

A Sonic Boom echoed across the battlefield, causing both friend and foe to look up and see Dan flying through the air like a bullet, a cone slowly forming around him.

"A Sonic Boom?" Captain Sixer widened his eyes. "He's not...he can't be..."

"AAAARGH!" Dan roared as a flash of light flashed in the sky and an even louder deafening boom sounded. An explosion of golden light flashed in the sky where Dan was, followed by a golden shockwave and a brilliantly glowing line of golden light followed Dan where he flew...

"A Sonic Rainboom!" Twilight Sparkle said as they stepped up to the doors to the palace. The entire group of unicorns and the rest of the elements stopped and stared as Dan flew towards the dragon. The dragon roared in pain as Dan shot straight through the monster's chest, leaving a smoking hole behind.

"Hell yeah, brony!" Mic Bluez yelled down below. "Give it to um, Ace!"

As the dragon died, it started falling down right over the falling Rainbow Dash. After taking a tight curve downwards, Dan took off after Rainbow Dash.

The whole moment seemed to go by in slow-motion. Dash watched as inch by inch, Dan gained ground towards the falling rainbow-maned Pegasus. Eventually, she felt his hooves under her, lifting her up.

She looked up at Dan's face as he flew. His golden eyes were glowing brighter than she had ever seen them, with the golden path he was leaving behind him.

"A Shining Rainboom..." she muttered as she stared at the shockwave he left.

Then suddenly Dan closed his eyes and barked, "HANG ON!"

Dash only had time to look for a second before both Pegasai crashed down into a forested area. A deafening boom was heard and a shower of dust erupted from the ground where the two had crashed...

The dragon crashed down soon after them nearby...

And then silence.


OCs:

Shadow Breeze (c) AnonJ31

Sunset Canvas (c) SallandMcQueenfan95

Mic Bluez (c) Don'tDriveAngry7

DJ Skully (c) Malfatto the Doctor

Blazing Heartbeat (c) MilesProwerFan100

Blue Arrow (c) QTXAdsy

And Lance (R.I.P.) (c) DashieLover