• Published 2nd May 2014
  • 15,474 Views, 387 Comments

Applebloom Is Pregnant - Nesfex



Applebloom found out she is going to be a mommy.

  • ...
37
 387
 15,474

Chapter 6: Family

Author's Note:

This is the draft version of the chapter. It hasn't been proof read nor edited, so I'm sorry for the mistakes in it. The correct version will be uploaded when is done. I wanted for you to have something nice.

Also, if you guys want to win a free videogame check this link and find how.

http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/349286/free-game

Another day started in Ponyville, as the early working ponies started their activities Spike was heading to his workplace with bucket in his hand and a song in his mind. He was skipping instead of walking and he was singing a tune cheerfully "It's friday... Friday…," He sang.

Before he found about his baby he didn't care much about fridays, but after all the work he had done he was looking forward to the weekend and to sleep for hours.

He arrived to the gems field and gaze upon all the holes he made as he remembered all the gems he gathered. The promise he made to Applebloom about coming back with a bucket full appeared on his mind. He turned his head and focused on the right side of the field that remained untouched and gave a small grin. He cracked his knuckles and marched forward. He began his work eagerly, his claws breaking the ground in a fast pace and his mind centered on finding jewels.

The ground cracked after a couple of Spike's shovels and it revealed a treasure within. Five green emeralds together as sisters showed up. He took them and carefully placed them inside the bucket. He was excited to find gems so early, but he knew he needed more to fulfill his promise. He continued digging the whole and he was surprised when after a few inches lower he found more and more gems of every kind, he didn't even reached the two foot mark and he already found fifteen different gems. He remembered something Rarity told him a while ago "Some jewels come from volcanos, and when the volcano erupts it frees some of these. So, you can come across places where there are many gems because they most likely come from an eruption," He may have found a volcanic jackpot.

Spike had his attention on the ground in order not to damage a jewel, but this meant he didn't notice a figure that slowly approached him from behind "Hi Spike. Those are a lot of gems you got there," The voice was very neutral and very clean, not a sign of greed, mockery, nor any other bad intention. He knew that voice; it wasn't Sweetie Belle, she usually just jump right in, besides it was too early for her to be out of school. However, that voice came from somepony he knew. He hoped his mind was playing tricks on him, or at least that he was mistaken and that the pony behind him was not the one he imagined.

Spike slowly turned his back to see the origin visitor behind him, his whole body shook in fear, when he recognized the purple coat of the pony. Her horn was surrounded by magic aura that was lifting the old bucket and her wings were spread taking all the attention towards them. Her face didn't show any emotions at all, she was just looking directly at his eyes "Twilight!" Spike said, the fear of being punished crossed his mind for a moment “Wh-What -?”

“Hey Spike, what are you doing?” Twilight asked calmly.

“Oh… Errr nothing… You know, I craved for some chems and came here for some before going with the crusaders” Responded Spike. He tried as much as he could to hide the fact that his claws were shaking and to control his voice to sound as natural as possible.

Twilight raised an eyebrow before replying “That’s weird, in all the years we’ve been here you never once came here for gems alone, not even when you almost starved to death. And it’s weird that you mention the crusaders, because as far as I know they are in school right now. In fact, they were in school during all the periods of time you left the house,” Not even once did she raise the tone of her voice. In past occasions just a simple lie would make her rage, however, this time she remained calm.

Spike jumped of surprise “Dang it! I forgot about the school schedule,” He thought. He tried to look away to make time to think of an excuse “Oh… Yeah… I… I really wanted a quick snack, you know, and I was going to wait for them at the crusader’s spot, I know where the key is. Anyway, how did you find me?”

"I followed you to see where you were going,” She said focusing her attention on Spike who was still in his hole.

“Y-you followed me?! How dare you?!” His voices was a mixture between worried and fake outrage. There was no real reason for him to feel anger, but he wanted to make the conversation to moved as far from the reason he was there as possible.


“You lied to me and snuck out of the house every day this week,” For the first time her voice raised a little. Twilight placed her right hoof on her chest, took a deep breath, and expelled the air to relax, a technique she learned a while ago to not losing control “Now, tell me why are you here. And don’t you dare lie to me again.”

Spike took one last glance around the place to spot something that could help him get away or to remember something that might help him get out of the situation. His eyes stopped moving around and centered at Twilight’s who was waiting for a response. He lowered his head, he knew there was no exit. In defeat he responded “Okay Twilight, I’ll tell you. But I can’t do it alone, we need to wait for somepony else to help me explain.”

“Who is that?” Twilight asked

“Applebloom,” He answered.

Twilight didn’t asked further, she nodded with her head and helped Spike to get out of the hole. Twilight turned around and walked slowly towards to path to Ponyville while Spike took the bucket with gems walking right behind her. They didn’t exchange a word, they focused on the road. The only noise between them was the the steps of the alicorn on the ground and the bucket Spike was dragging. Before they went to their house Spike reminded Twilight about Applebloom, they went to the treehouse and left a note on the door saying “Go to the library when you get this. Spike.”. The left the apple orchard and head straight home.

The Golden Oak Library was completely empty, usually ponies don’t come there very often and because of that it gathers a lot of dust. Twilight asked Spike to do his chores as normally, which were to clean up his mess and shelf all the books to their proper place. Meanwhile, Twilight dealt with cleaning up the whole place and organize everything. Every time it was time to do their chores they talked to each other, joke about something or turn the radio so the music would make things less boring. However, this time Spike couldn’t say a word, he feared if he say something he would make things worse, he didn’t even dared to touch the radio. Spike noticed how Twilight still didn’t show any emotion at all, he found this creepy, it was scarier than when she actually got mad and yell at him.

A couple of hours passed, lunch time has came and went, and, aside from a couple of words, they haven’t talk to each other. The silence in the library was overwhelming. They almost never found themselves in completely quietness, not even in Twilight’s marathon readings.

The silence of the library was finally interrupted when somepony knocked the door. Spike rushed to open it, just to break the uncomfortableness in the situation, the door quickly moved revealing Applebloom standing on the other side “Howdy,” She greeted “What’s up, Spike? What do ya need me for?... Oh, hey Twilight.”

Spike only did a gesture inviting Applebloom in. She entered the house and moved to the living room the others, she noticed the lack of communication and certain mood in the air making the place feel different “So… What’s going on?” She asked

Twilight stepped forward and replied “What’s going on is that Spike was about to tell me what was he doing in the gems field, but for some reason he said he needed you to be here.”

Applebloom gasped and covered her mouth with her hoof, a quick look at Spike revealed his anxiety. He was shaking, he couldn’t keep control of his hands, he was unable to give an explanation “Look, Ah’ know we should have tell you this sooner… We just weren’t ready,” She explained.

Suddenly, a noise interrupted Applebloom’s speech. It was something they were not expecting. Twilight started to giggle, almost laughing, the couple’s expression changed from concern to confusion as they tried to figure out what was funny about the situation “Oh you two,” Twilight said “Don’t be so scared. I was just playing with you.”

“Playing?” Spiked asked.

“I was trying to teach you a lesson. You shouldn’t lie to me, if you need something you can only ask,” She explained as she took a deep breath to regain her composure “I know about you two.”

Applebloom and Spike jumped from the surprise, they couldn’t believe what they just heard coming from Twilight being so calm and happy “You do?” Asked Applebloom.

“Come on, everypony knows about you two,” Said Twilight “You’ve been dating for months.”

Spike finally understood what was happening. Seven months ago Spike and Applebloom became a couple, but they didn’t want other ponies to make a big deal about it. Instead of telling their family and friends they just kept it as a secret and if somepony asked them if they were going out they just said they were only good friends. They have been doing it for so long that they forgot to tell their families about it.

Spike found an option to get out of the situation and used it “Y-yeah, that’s it. We are together now, sorry I didn’t tell you before.”

“It’s okay. But if you want to get things for Applebloom you can work here, you don’t need to go to such a dangerous place,” Replied Twilight. Spike sighted in relief, Twilight was not the prankster kind but he had to admit that was a big one.

“Wait! That’s not it,” Applebloom stepped up.Her voice was strong.

Spike covered Applebloom’s mouth and whisper in her ear “What are you doing?! This is our way out.”

“We can’t get away with this for ever. They’ll find out sooner or later” Said Applebloom.

Twilight curiosity finally made her take action “What is going on here?”

Spike took a look at his lover’s eyes, he knew what she said was true. He could escape the confession this time, but he will have to face it again another day “Do you have the photo?” Applebloom asked.

“Yeah… I’ll go get it;” Spike answer and walked the stairs up to his room.

Twilight looked confused as things went further “You should take a sit,” Suggested Applebloom.

After a couple of minutes Spike came down holding something on his hands and place it in the table in front of Twilight. A magic aura covered the piece of paper and levitated towards the alicorn’s face.

“Is this a ultra sound picture? Why are you showing me this? Who is this from?” Asked Twilight.

“That’s mine,” Replied Applebloom “That’s my baby.”

Spike decided to add to the conversation “It’s ours, We are going to be parents,”

The picture fall to the ground, floating gracefully. Twilight’s horn stopped glowing with magic as her eyes opened widely. Her legs couldn’t stand her any longer and she stumbled onto the chair behind her. She began to breath heavily “Is… Is this a joke?” She asked.
Spike moved his head telling her it was not “It’s the truth. I’ve been going to the gems field to dig up jewels to pay for the baby stuff.”.

Twilight sit there completely frozen, she didn’t even blink. A few minutes passed until she finally stood up and spoke “I… I need a moment,” She said while she took the photo lying on the ground with her magic and walked up the stairs to her room.

Spike was about to go with her, but Applebloom stopped him by putting her right hoof on his shoulder “Maybe we should let her alone. At least until it sink in her,” She suggested. Spike was not sure about leaving Twilight alone, but she mentioned needing space. He followed Applebloom’s advice and stayed in the lower floor of the library.

Time flew and concern grew in the couple who waited downstairs. They looked at the clock on the wall and noticed that two hours have passed since they were left alone on the living room “I can’t way anymore;” Said Spike “I gotta go talk to her.”

“Ah’ guess you are right. Maybe she need to let things out” Applebloom replied.

Spike approached the stairs, and before he walked them up, he turned to Applebloom “Could… I mean, if you want to… Could you come with me? I could use some help.”

Applebloom’s eye shined when she heard this. Spike was always there to help anypony who needs it, and ponies sometime helps him back when they saw him in distress. However, he has never asked anypony for help, nopony knew if it was for pride or stubbornness. This might not be important to other ponies, but for her this was the a sign that she meant something big for him “O-of course! Ah’ll be with you,” She said, walking along side him.

The reached the second floor and approached the door leading to Twilight’s bedroom. Twilight and Spike used to share the same room, but after Spike grew up he insisted in having a room of his own and taking over the guests room. They carefully opened the door that contained a pony laying on the bed in darkness. The curtains were half closed letting a small glimpse of light coming into the room. Twilight was collapse on the mattress with her head on her pillow and on her right hoof was what looked like the picture Spike gave her. She was not crying, but the WETNESS? on the pillow showed she did for quite some time.

Spike moved slowly towards her friend in distress, he walked on the tip of his toes to prevent startling her, Applebloom followed her closed though the idea of coming allow quickly seemed like a bad one. When Spike reached what seemed like an appropriate distance he tried to talk to her friend “I told you I need a moment;” Before he began he was interrupted by Twilight who spoke first.

“It’s been two hours, Twilight,” He said

Twilight gave a look to Spike, her eyes were glowing red with small tears lingering on them. Spike couldn’t look at her, it was too painful to see her in that state and him being the culprit of it. He looked down and took a good look of the picture on her hoof; it wasn’t the ultrasound of his baby, it was a picture of him when he was a baby. She noticed his pupils going down and his eyes opening a bit, she could tell he saw the picture.

“You were are a beautiful baby dragon,” She said “That I took the exam and I hatched your egg. I was so happy to be under Princess Celestia’s wind and my parents were so proud, everything was great. Then, they told me they were going to sent you away to the dragons realm. The Princess told me they found your egg during the dragon’s migration and that they didn’t know who your parents were, they were going to sent you away and hope for the best. A baby! Can you believe it?!... I couldn’t let it happen. I asked the Princess to keep you and raise you, of course she warned me of my young age and the big responsibility it is… I didn’t care, I took you with me and in that day on cared for you. You were so stubborn, so naughty, I couldn’t take an eye from you or you’d go do something and I would have to clean up, but I never complained. I was happy you were there, that you were safe. I always… I always…,”Twilight stopped her story for moment to clean up the few tears on her eyes “I always saw you as my son. But no matter how much i called you that you never called me mom. I guess is obvious since being with someone from a different species is hard. I stopped calling you that, and you always called me Twilight. Then, we stopped considering us as relatives and we called ourselves friends. I treated you only like my assistant and nothing more! I lost all your trust! I don’t blame you for each time you went through the wrong path. I blame myself for not being the pony I wanted to be for you… The pony you needed me to be,” As if Twilight’s eyes recovered from all the time crying, a river of tears manifested. She covered her face with her pillow to prevent Spike to see her in that state.

Spike was shocked his eyes were also watering a bit and he was speechless. He has never heard Twilight saying something like that before, and he never saw her crying like that. The weight of years of guilt fell on his shoulder, all the time he was naughty, all those pranks, all those hughes he rejected, and all those times he wished he was with other dragons and not with her flashed like a movie on his mind. Pictures of what he didn’t want to see and the scars he made in her heart.

Applebloom felt the pain each of them was going through, she clearly knew that wasn’t the place she should be. He thought of leaving them there and let them talk, but she made told Spike she would be there. She put them in this situation and she was going to take them out of it. She approached Spike putting her left hoof around him and her right on the other side. Spike jumped scared, he forgot Applebloom was there and now she was hugging him “What are you doing?” He asked.

“I dunno, seemed like you needed one,” She answered giving a look to Twilight who was still crying on the bed.

Thanks to the hug Spike was able to leave his state and to think straight “Thanks Bloom,” He said.

He moved to the bed and sat right next to the devastated pony. Using the thinness of his claws he used his fingers to comb Twilight’s mane as she used to like “I wish I knew this before. You used to nag me a lot, always telling me what to do and not to leave the castle’s ground. I heard about the hatching and thought you only kept me because it was your responsibility. Even that you were always there for me, protecting me, even when I burned Celestia’s bedroom you defended me and took blame for all my bads. I always thought of you as something more than a friend, but I was scared you didn’t think of my the same way” Spike stopped when he felt the head of Twilight tilt and switch position letting an eye to see him “This was my… No it wasn’t a mistake. It’s the result of MY lack of precaution and my lack of thought. I take responsability of… Her, just as you took responsibility on me. I want you to be there with us… Mom.”

Twilight left her shelter and freed her head staring at Spike. She then got up on her hooves and launched into the dragon and embrace him with all of her heart. Spike raised his arms and responded to that hug with his own. The soft fur of Twilight tickled him on the chin and the wings were something he wasn’t still used to, but he didn’t mind any of this. With something as small as that, they found what they needed to heal the wound they made to their own hearts.

After a minutes passed they broke the hug, Spike raised his hand and cleaned the still running tears on Twilight’s eyes. Twilight looked up and remembered they were not a lone, Applebloom was sitting on the floor looking at them with a smile from ear to ear. Suddenly a purple aura covered the earth pony head to tail, she levitated across the room and landed right between Spike and Twilight “So, I guess you are part of this… Family now, right?,” Said Twilight.

“Really?,” Applebloom asked.

“Of course! I mean, granny Twilight wouldn’t let the mother of her granddaughter out,” Replied Spike.

Twilight suddenly let a gasp out, she remembered why all of that started “I-I… I’m going to be a grandma… But wait, what about all the expenses? Taking care of a foal is not easy and certainly not cheap.”

“That’s all why I was working so hard on the gems field,” Answered Spike.

Applebloom nodded her head “With all the gems we have so far Ah’ think we can pay for all the doctor’s checkups, the crib, and other stuff.”

Twilight couldn’t hide her impression, she was amazed on how well they had everything planned “That’s great… Wait… Does Applejack and your family know about it?”

Applebloom waved her head one side to the other “Not yet. Ah’ll tell them soon, Ah’ promise. Ah’ just want Spike to be there with me when Ah do.”

“Ofcourse,” Answered Spike, holding Applebloom’s hoof with his hand.

Twilight invited the couple for some hot cocoa and they talked about what they have been gone through so far. In his nightmares, Spike expected it to be much more worse and now he felt happy and closer to his mother than he has ever do. Once the sun was about to set it was time for Applebloom to leave, when she was about to step through the door to the outside Spike stopped her. Before she could react he launched to her and placed a kiss on her lips, when he broke the kiss he said “Thanks for being with me. I love you.”

Applebloom was shocked, her whole body was paralyzed as her heart pumped in a mile per hour. If it wasn’t for Twilight giggling behind Spike she could have stay in that state for hours. Once she could gain control on herself she responded to Spike “I love you too. Take care.”

Applebloom left the library and walked back home. Thankfully when she tells her family about her baby things will go as good as there.