• Published 2nd May 2014
  • 1,090 Views, 51 Comments

Super nova - Frostbite4



15 years has past since the coronation. Spike is now old enough and ready for the truth about his past and he must also be ready to do what must be done to protect the ones he cares about the most

  • ...
13
 51
 1,090

The end is the new beginning

-The next day-

"Did you two really have to come with me?" Nova asked over the comms in his speeder helmet as he drove through the air dodging and passing other vehicles while keeping a dangerously fast speed, speedster and jewel both kept on right behind him on their own speeders.

Once they reached the safe house which was a big two story house with eight different rooms and below the house was a tunnel that led to other safe houses around the city in case the house was attacked like the one garble attacked but that house didn't have its own tunnel system yet, but this one did.

Nova settled his speeder beside the house hiding it taking off his helmet and putting on his armors helmet getting off of his speeder and put on a cloak throwing the hood over the helmet hiding his armor before walking to the houses door as jewel walked beside him wearing full armor as well and a black cloak over top of it like novas. Nova slung his left arm over jewels shoulder letting her walk beside nova putting her arm around novas waist and let her head against novas chest making it look like they were just another ordinary couple which they actually were a couple now.

When the two reached the door their comlinks in their helmets buzzed to life until speedster voice spoke through it to them making them stand by the door for a moment."Okay love birds I've found a good vantage point the roof of a building a few blocks from your current position, i have set up a sniping position with a clear sight of the house, ill keep you updated if anything happens out here... good luck sir and be careful" speedster said before ending the transmission.

"You know nova, your really are stubborn we could have had shadow teams walking around the area and sniper squads set up, this is very risky coming here without backup" jewel said looking at nova worried.

"Jewel i didn't want backup is because i want this meeting off the record its for spikes and everyone else's well being if worst comes to worst and we loss the battles to come" nova said squeezing her shoulder a bit trying to comfort her, before typing in a code to get in and the door slid open revealing a large room with two couches on the far sides of the walls and a bunch of chairs set around the room facing each other and in the middle of the room was a coffee table and on the far corner of the room was a tv hung on the wall.

As soon as they walked in and glanced at the rooms set up they were tackled to the ground together by a pink blur after their eyes focused they saw the element of laughter laying on top of them with a big smile on her face.

"Helloidontthinki'vemetyoutwobeforebutspikehastoldmeabouthisbrothernamednova*gasp* are you spikes brother" pinkie exclaimed coming face to face with nova who's mouth was agape trying to take in what just happened before pinkie was levitated off of them by twilight.

"Im so very sorry pinkie can get very exited when she sees new faces.... that is if we could see your faces" twilight said while watching nova helping jewel up and try to see their faces that were hidden inside the hood and helmet, as soon as nova saw this he nudged jewel and pulled off the cloaks hood and taking off the cloak revealing their full armor and weapons that were magnetically locked to their backs or the side of their legs, right when twilight saw their weapons and armor she backed up a bit in shock and started shaking, jewel noticed this and shook her head before unlocking her helmet with a hiss that nova heard and did the same and in one swift motion they both took off their helmets and set them on a table that was nearby.

"We apologize if we scared you but it was mandatory to wear full body armor, is it okay if we sat down and talked with you and the rest of the elements and spike?" nova asked quickly putting his sunglasses on as he motioned towards the living room.

"Oh of course your majesty as you wish" twilight said bowing before galloping off to each room getting everyone else as nova sat on a couch with jewel leaning into his right side smiling at him.

"You know i could really get used to sitting like this your really comfy, is that okay with you your majesty" jewel said sarcastically before giggling at her own antics and the blush forming on his face.

"I really hate being called that.... it just sounds........odd" nova said pouting and crossing his arms across his chest looking away from jewel.

"Hey nova you should see this dark blue drake in a house hes sitting on a couch with a dragoness and looks like he's pouting.... he looks so ridiculous....... oh wait thats you... i so gotta take a picture of this" speedster said through a commlink in novas ear making nova stop his own antics and look out a window behind him at the building speedster was on and glared daggers at him before putting a finger to the comlink pressing a button allowing him to talk through it, "speed you suck" nova said shaking his fist at speedster just as the elements walked in seeing nova doing so.

"Um nova are you okay?" Twilight asked making nova snap around seeing everyone staring at him curiously.

"Umm yes I'm fine" nova said while jewel giggled at his embarrassment.

"Hey bro what's up and... What's with the dragoness with you like that" spike asked as he walked up and sat on a chair across from nova while the elements took other chairs around the room and turning them so they all were all In a circle and facing each other.

"Well you see spike I-" nova got cut off by a beeping sound coming from one of his pockets he pulled out a holo phone seeing who was calling him and as soon as he saw it say it was luna and below it saying it was urgent nova jumped up off the couch scaring everyone in the room, "umm i really need to take this, its really important ill be back in a bit.... jewel why don't you get to know the elements abit while im gone" nova said quickly as the phone began beeping again, before jewel could answer he had already went into another room closing the door setting the phone down on a table and pushed a button as soon as he did a hologram of luna materialized above the phone.

"Nova we've got a problem, one of my teams here on the station have been tracking the enemy and they seems that they are building some kind of moveable castle where the ruins of centerlot are, it also seems that their foorces have gotten larger and stronger, their air power doesnt seem very strong at the moment but that may change soon, also 24 hours ago we lost one of our bases in the far north near the crystal empire... now the base is one giant crater, the worst part is we know who the enemies leaders are, like the vision spike had it is chrysilis and sombra, we found out when discord went on recon detail, he was ambushed and killed by a weapon of this scale ........it has unimaginable power, brother you must rally the other resistance groups and bases and attack them before they can finish that castle, please nova you have too if they finish that castle no one will be safe from what is to be our extermination from this planet" luna said before the hologram of luna began buzzing a bit, then lunas voice started cutting in and out before the connection was lost.

Nova quickly called the HQ to see whats going on with the comm network, "This is admiral blaze, what in all things right in this world is going on, i just lost connection with luna, can one of you tell me what happened"

"Sir all communications have been disabled.....we're working on a way to get the long range comms up and running again.......but for right now the best we can do is the short range "

"jamming device, who would put a jammer in here unless... oh this isn't good" nova said out loud before putting on his helmet and changing his comm to all channel wide broadcast to the rest of the soldiers, "this is level five quarantine this is not a drill i repeat this is not a drill we have changelings in the base, remember the protocol" nova ordered before walking out pulling the rifle that was magnetized to his back and setting the butt of the rifle to his shoulder, before walking into the room finding jewell having her helmet on and dual pistols out ready for anything and everyone else in the room were scared at seeing the weapons and the faceless helmets.

"Speedster we're quarantining the area for changeling spy's, we need to get these guys out of here and back to the HQ for safety, so get down here" nova ordered before turning to the group, "okay for your own safety we are going to be splitting you up into three groups, the first group is the elements of magic, loyalty, and laughter, you three will go with speedster and take one of the transports behind the house, the other three elements will go with jewel and take the other transport, spike and I will take my speeder and take the long route back so we don't draw any suspicion" nova ordered before walking out of the house rifle raised scanning the area and walked towards his speeder with spike in tow.

Nova then jumped on the speeder pointing behind him for spike to sit to which he quickly did and nova turned the speeder that began floating in the air making spike gasp just as nova shot up in the air and blasted off away from the house.

"This is admiral nova requesting an escort to the HQ pronto" nova ordered as he put his speeder on overdrive making the speeder rocket even faster then any usual speeder should and making spike wrap his arms around novas waist in a bone crushing grasp.

"Nova whats going on and why are we going so fast?" spike yelled through his helmets speaker.

"I'll tell you later, right now the only safe and secure place is at the command centre" nova said as he looked around for his escort.

"Sir we are coming up on your six sir, don't worry we've got your back from now on"

five speeders came up behind nova which were all driven by drakes in blood red armor, they made a diamond formation around nova and spike, one speeder on his right, one on his left, one behind, one in front, and one up ahead to scout ahead and clear a path for the formation.

"Thanks I appreciate the assistance since we have changelings on the loose" nova said as he glanced at the speeder pilot on his left who was oddly glancing at nova and swerving his speeder a bit.

"That's odd it's like they don't even know how tools a speeder like they were a-..." Nova shot his head in realization, glanced at the other pilots casually noting that the two beside him and the one behind him started speeding up.

Nova had to think quickly before he got boxed in, he couldn't go down without risking spike flying off, couldn't go up the spies would be expecting that and take out his hovering module located under his speeder keeping him afloat. Nova had only one option remaining and it was a reckless one, if he was lucky he would be able to get spike away from him and to the HQ, if not the spies would know what he was planning and kill spike and capture nova, taking him as a prisoner of war and a trophy to their leader.

"Here goes nothing" nova said under his breath as he connected to the scout up ahead of them, "Hey how did the lightning dragons die out I'm sorta stuck in a situation at the moment and need help to figure it out?" Nova asked cautiously so if the one he was talking to wouldn't figure out the hidden message.

"Sir I've never really thought or noticed that before but I'll help the lightning dragons died from the dragon god zoran the planet eater" the pilot replied and before nova knew it the pilot dive bombed and shot back up facing the pilot on nova's left unholstering a pistol and shot a bolt clean through the spies head killing him and turning the corpse back onto its true form of a changeling and without a driver the speeder flew mindlessly colliding with a house and exploding, throwing debris and shrapnel around the area.

As soon as nova saw his chance he tilted the speeder to the side and flying out of the area and flew beside the pilot that saved, " hey thanks for the save..." nova said glancing over art the drake pilot waiting for a name.

"Burning Torch sir, it is an honour serving you sir but how did you know that they were changelings?" torch asked glancing back at nova.

"I'll explain later but right now in need you to take spike to the shuttle hanger and wait for a captain named speedster and another named jewel their with the elements of harmony, one their all together take them to my shuttle named sovereign and get out of hear, take them to the lunar station.... thats the only safe place to be" nova said while moving closer to torches speeder getting spike to jump to the other speeder before decelerating and saying one last thing while spinning the speeder around and syncing a private comm to spike, speedster, jewel, and whirl wind , "Stay strong spike.... be brave jewel....stand tall speedster....And dad never loose hope, what ever happens today never look back any of you...... if i die today dont let me die in vain don't....... keep fighting the good fight for me and all those that have lost their lives fighting for the freedom we rightfully deserve, i wish you all the best of luck...... Nova blaze out" nova turned off his comm unit in his helmet knowing that they would all try to reason with him. The simple fact was that someone had to lead the forces that would be staying and he was the only one that could do that even though he knew that this would most likely be his last battle.

Nova saw largest puffs of smoking coming from the elevator that led to the surface, he quickly speed towards it knowing that the main force was concentrating on the elevator. Nova flew over one last house seeing a large barricades near the elevator and hundreds of ponies and dragons taking cover behind them and returning fire at the changelings that kept pouring out of the elevator endlessly.

Nova landed his speeder behind the largest barricade and ran into a nearby store where a temporary command centre was located, when nova entered the store a soldier saw him and yelled attention which was answered by everyone stopping what they were doing standing at attention and saluting at nova until he returned the solute and saying at ease letting everyone go back to their business, nova looked around at the room which was full of weapons and ammo, the store was also a medical centre most of the store was full of wounded soldiers and doctors treating them, in the middle of the store was a circular table with a holo projector sitting on top of it projecting the whole city and five commanders were standing around the table arguing at each other.

Nova quickly jogged over to the table taking off his helmet and putting his sunglasses back on then setting the helmet on the table gaining the attention at the only commander that was being quiet and walked over to nova extending his hand out to shake which nova excepted and shook it he was a black dragon with neon green spikes going down his back and neon green ear fins he was wearing lunar commander armor like the new one speedster has bit in dragon form and a large laser cannon attached to his shoulder, "Hello sir my names commander shadow, it is a great honour to meet you sir..... Just wish it was under circumstances such as this" shadow said tilting his head slightly in the direction of the other commanders that were still arguing like politicians, shadow then continued " but it's a good time you came sir these jokers are arguing about retreating and leaving the civilians to try and escape on their own, I was thinking that we should hold them off as long as possible to give the civilian transports the time they need to escape and after their all out we blow up the key structural point of the city so it collapses in on itself".

"Hmm that could work, get platoons together send a squad to each location and set up a synced bomb at each, then get your troops out of here" nova ordered watching shadow salute and sprint out of the room then looking back at the commanders who were all shocked and staring at nova, "Commanders we will hold this position for as long as we can till the platoons get the bombs set and then we're get our troops out of here...... I'll stay behind to detonate the charges, just make sure you protect the civilian transports".

Nova walked out of the store with a assault rifle in his hands as he walked towards the frontline with the other troops finding multiple pot and dragon corpses scattered around and nova wasn't surprised not seeing any griffons anywhere since they all flew off abandoning everyone like cowards as the final battle begun.

-5 hours and half a city captured by the changeling hoard later-

"....... I repeat the charges are set.......everyone get to your evac shuttles immediately....this is not a drill I say again this is not a drill......you got ten minutes before the bombs go off" Nova ordered as the shuttles began taking off.

Nova looks down at his hand where the detonator lay dormant with a red flashing light "So this is how it ends......go figure....." chuckles lightly while hiding in an old house"......just get a girl friend and this is how it ends.........but al least I'm the only one going down this day". Gets up and walks out where the changelings were waiting as a memory of the vision comes to mind" huh thought this was going to happen in ponyville......guess not" Holds hands up in the air showing the detonator " Okay I have one question...........how did you find us " watches as a changeling steps forward " we havessssss alwaysss known about thissssss placessss " Nova stares at the changeling as multiple thoughts go through his head not noticing a changeling coming up behind him and tackling him to the ground.

"Oh no......you......don't" * presses the detonator button and gets flung away from the blast and seeing only darkness.

Author's Note:

I'm so Sorry for not updating in a long time