• Published 2nd May 2014
  • 1,090 Views, 51 Comments

Super nova - Frostbite4



15 years has past since the coronation. Spike is now old enough and ready for the truth about his past and he must also be ready to do what must be done to protect the ones he cares about the most

  • ...
13
 51
 1,090

There are no great men. Just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet.

Nova woke up from unconsciousness in an empty room, feeling dazed.

"You're nothing but a piece of trash, dragon boy," said a mysterious shadow as it came seemingly out of nowhere and circled around Nova tauntingly, before disappearing quickly.

*crack*

"What a pathetic waste of scales,"commented a second shadow, as it materialized from under the ground behind the drake's head, before going back down as he turned to the voice.

*crack*

"And would any care about him?"a third shadow asked, just above his vision.

"Shut up, shut up shut up, get out of my head, you're not real!" Nova yelled out, as he went down on both knees, and began to clutch the sides of his head. Another cracking sound rang throughout his skull and a thick, chunky, blue substance started seeping out of his scales, which started turning from blue to black. His eyes started glowing red from under his visor, claws and teeth stretching out painfully, now two sizes larger and three times as sharp.

"You should've never been born," yet another voice said n his head, making the drake roar out in deranged fury, shaking the room.

*snap*

As if a twig broke in nova's head, he let out a torrent of black fire into the room, incinerating everything in the room.
The drake that used to be known as Nova charged at an incinerating wall smashing clean through it and a platoon of changelings guarding the room.

Nova charged through the rest of the castle, filled with destroyed walls and clusters of changelings and those taunting shadows.
After bashing through another group of changelings he found himself in front of an old wooden door that had scratches and marks all over it.

Looking at it closely, something inside him made him walk to the door and open it. Once he did so, he was met with a partially lit room. The drake took a step in, suddenly feeling something crunch under his foot, when he looked down he found a small toy dragon, the old Nova.

Picking it up and studying the coloring of blue and green on the torn up toy, his eyes and scales turned back to normal.

-flashback-

"Hey, Novey, We have a present for you!"A younger version of Luna said as she and Celestia waited in the room that she and Nova shared.

Not long after, a small baby dragon waddled his way into the room with a pair of large sunglasses too big for his face atop his head,

"You called sis?" the small one waddled, making the lunar mare giggled

"Close your eyes" celestia called in a sing song voice from across the room.

"Umm I don't think so last time you told me to do that you handcuffed me to one of the guards that guard our room every night... What was his name again, stargust spooder" nova said as he looked at a wall for a moment trying to figure the name before shrugging and looked back at luna who's hoof was covering her mouth with a large smile on her face.

"What" nova asked a bit agitated, and just as he said that Luna clasped on the floor laughing her guts out for what felt like an eternity to nova was actually about a couple of minutes before she composed herself with a few chuckles.

Ok then now that, that awkward moment is over what was it that you called me here for again I sortof forgot?" nova asked as he glanced at celestia who quickly answered.

" we have a present for you" she replied before telling him to close his eyes again in which he reluctantly did.

After a few minutes he felt a soft object being placed in his claws, one he opened his eyes he saw a small blue and green dragon laying in his claws.

" Cely who is it, it almost looks like me but older?" Nova asked as he glanced from the toy to the white Mare who gave a questioning glance to the dark blue mare before walking out of the room in silence hanging her head low as she did so.

" Nova have you ever wondered why you were born a dragon when your sister and I were born ponies" luna asked while levitating the baby dragon and large old book to a small blue bed as she sat down with nova sitting beside her with the toy dragon slung over his shoulder as he looked at the dusty book quizzically before looking back up at luna.

" what is it "

" this is our family photo album " Luna said as she levitated the pages in the book to a certain page with an old black and white picture of two ponies, both alicorns but one oddly different then the other, to nova the one alicorn looked like a stallion with the mane spiked straight up and smiling with sharp pointy teeth, while the other alicorn which from what nova could tell was a mare who looked just like celestia but way older.

" nova do you know who those alicorns in the photograph are'' luna asked as she looked at the young drake who shook his head no as a reply still looking at the photo. '' these alicorns are your parents nova, wirlwind and jewel''.


-Present-

'' my parents'' nova whispered to himself as he looked around for the old photo album finding it under luna's old pillow on her bed. after grabbing a few other items with the book and toy, nova made his way towards the door but as soon as nova stepped out of the room he was tackled to the ground in the darkened hallway pinned by a shadowed figure, as soon as nova saw the outline of the mystery figure that had pinned him down only three word left his mouth before he was nocked out... night guard speedster.

Author's Note:

thats chapter three big thanks again to stardust speedster for allowing me to use his oc


also if anyone else wants their oc's added to my story i would be happy to put them in.... i'm actually looking for a few oc's for the elite squad in the story so please pm me your oc's if you want them in the story


Stay frosty