• Published 4th May 2014
  • 6,805 Views, 236 Comments

Falling for a Star - CCpone



You're a military fighter pilot of a F-22 raptor along with your best friends Lorin and Jason. To bad you tend to use old tactics.

  • ...
48
 236
 6,805

Chapter one - Aftermath

Anon's POV:
Ten minutes after the crash...


Well, this is certainly not hell. You say to yourself as you start to regain some consciousness. You feel cold, but there's something else... It's... It's the feeling of water rushing past your feet. Your eyes finally start to focus on the area around you. How you know they're focusing is a mystery even in itself as there's absolutely no light where you're currently residing.

As far as you can tell you're in a confined space that's no bigger than the chair you're sitting on... well you hope it's a chair at least. The only thing that you can think of at the moment is to find your emergency flash light. You always carry one in one of your pockets. Starting to fumble around your chest with your hands you find the right pocket that you've been looking for.

Opening the chest pocket and reaching in you retrieve your handy-dandy flash light. Wanting nothing more then to find out where you are, you turn on the flash light with gusto. The blinding light of the flash light leaves you sightless for a couple of seconds till your eyes readjusts to the new light.

Once your eyes are fully adjusted you find yourself still in the cockpit of your F-22 raptor, but when you look out of the canopy you can see nothing... just darkness. The feeling of water flowing past your feet brings you back to reality as you look down at your feet. Right I crashed into a river, you think to yourself as you regain the memories of what has happened in the past hours.

Instincts kicking in you immediately grab your M4 and Desert Eagle. You can never be to safe when you're behind enemy lines.

After a couple of minutes of looking around, making sure you got everything and that you're belted in, you find the ejection cord right between your legs attached to the seat. Wasting no time dillydallying you pull the cord with all your might.

The water from the river pours into the cockpit fearlessly as you break though the canopy, causing a short ten second blackout. As soon as you regain consciousness you unbuckle the straps holding you onto the seat. It takes some time, some kicking and hitting to get the straps off but nevertheless you're finally set free.

The next thing that goes though your head is the life jacket. Patting your body once again you find the cord and pull it inflating the life jacket within seconds around your waist*. You're then safely pulled up with the life jacket.

The water is freezing but it's nothing compared to the sensation of death you assume.

Breaching the surface of the cold dark water you take a look around. To your right is a forest and to your left is an open field. Choosing quickly you swim over to the open fields in hopes to find that village you saw while falling out of the sky. Hoping to the divines that the insurgents aren't currently occupying it.

Arriving at the shore you quickly take off your life jacket as you no longer need it. kneeling down to get your bearings as well as a quick breath; as that was one hell of a fall.

Taking a quick glance up towards the night sky unravels a terrifying sight. You know none of the constellations that it displays, but... but how can this be, you think to yourself. You did study astronomy in university so you should have at least the bare minimum knowledge to spot the big dipper. After all you were able to do since you were a child.

"OK Anon, get a hold of yourself." You say muffled and out of breath.

Standing there looking at the stars you quickly gather yourself and pull out the emergency radio. Tuning it to the right frequency you relay what little information you know of at the moment.

"ALPHA, THIS IS EAGLE, OVER." You state into the microphone. Sitting there for a couple of seconds waiting for a response yet none came, in fact all you hear is static.

Trying a couple more times you finally give up. Either your radios busted or your microphone is. You still gave out your last known coordinates and some other important information; just in off chance that your speakers were broken but the microphone worked.

Well all you can do now is hope that someone will get your message and pick you up. Hopefully that someone is not the insurgents, you would really hate for them to find out your location.

Looking around the green lit area you find a spot that you can rest and also stay fairly hidden from any wondering search parties. You're still wearing your helmet with NVG's (Night Vision Goggles) so your vision was still in tip top shape.

The only reason you weren't using them earlier was because you were still in shock of the whole ordeal happening in front of you. Not to mention you instinctively turned them off during the descend, because the whole plane was red hot causing you to go blind with them on.

Nevertheless you sit in the conveniently placed shrubs and wait out for any signs of life. Your plan was to wait a couple of hours till it was dawn, then go and find that village. Curiosity always did have a strong influence in your decisions.

A couple of minutes pass as you sit there in the rather comfortable shrub. Nothing so far was out of the ordinary as far as you could see in your current sitting position. So in order to fix this you peek out from the top of the shrub to get a good look at the area around you. Scanning from left to right you notice a little speck in the air. The night vision sure helped, if you where to turn them off the speck would have blended in with the night sky.

Keeping your eye on it you un-sling your rifle. You wished that this was either your own helicopter coming to pick you up, or a bird. Both wishes were soon crushed as you see it was neither. Too big to be a bird, yet too small to be a helicopter.

The object gets closer to your position, but you cannot make any distinct features out. To be honest it kinda looked like a flying horse. That idea was pushed out of your mind as soon as you thought of it, can't be going crazy at a time like this.

The closer the object came the more you started to think you're crazy idea was right. The object was in the perfect shape of a horse, well it's smaller so you guess you can consider it a pony. Anyways that was not the weird part, the weird part was that this 'pony' had wings!

Now you know your mythology is not all that good, but you remembered from Heracles 'the movie' that a flying horse are called a Pegasus and that's about all you know. Crouching there in awe you have no other reactions to what you're seeing. In fact the first thing that comes to your mind is to stay still then approach it when it' not looking, who knows maybe you can use it for an escape plan.

As all these thoughts of capturing it go through your head, the Pegasus lands by the river. This is your chance Anon take it by surprise! Without any self-arguing you get up from the shrubs and make your way towards the Pegasus slowly, all the while slowly re-slinging your rifle.

Only moments away from the Pegasus and its ear's perk up. SHIT, shit, shit! Insistently you pull out your Desert Eagle as the Pegasus turns around.

"WHAT THE BUCK!" is all you hear from the Pegasus as it jumps into the air.

"Mmmh Mmm Mmhm!" Oh right you still have your oxygen mask on. un-clipping the oxygen mask you repeat the thing you said before.

"YOU C-CAN TALK!?" is all you manage to say as you're still in shock, however the shock doesn't deter you from holding the pistol up to the creatures head.

"Of course I can bucking talk!" The Pegasus snaps back. This only adds to your confusion as you now start to backing away slowly from the striped tailed Pegasus. You still had your NVG's on so you couldn't see color really well.

"What are you?" You manage to say knowing the obvious answer, but just in case asked anyways.

"I'm a Pegasus pony! Who the hay are you and what are you holding?" The Pegasus replies confused in what it is that you're doing. Pulling up your visor only further confuses you. The Pegasus has magenta colored eyes a cyan coat and a rainbow tail and mane!

Standing there frozen awe struck by the colors you're finally brought to your senses as the cyan Pegasus speaks up "Hello? You there dude? What in Tartarus are you?" Yup, for sure this was a female, the voice was a bit tomboyish and that's what threw you off.

"Uhh.. Yah!" You say as you stumble to find the right words. "I'm a human. You know of them don't you? Earth is chock-full of them, would be hard if not impossible to miss one." You finally cough up.

"Earth?" The cyan pony tilts her head in mild confusion.

"Yes Earth, you know, this planet we're on." You give your head a good shake. Well at least she's somewhat sentient.

"Uh dude this planets not called Earth." The technicolored maned pony claims in a mater-of-fact tone.

Your heart stops as soon as you hear those words; only for it to resume again to keep you alive.

"So what you're saying is that no humans live on this planet" Hoping to dear old science that the answer is no.

"Yes... yes that is what I'm trying to say" the Pegasus replies.

You predict within the small amount of time that you would die from heart failure if this keeps up. You have already accepted the fact that this creature can talk and fly, no need for more headaches explaining this.

The moon is still up high in the night sky and is now accompanied by some dark clouds. Which is followed by the bone chilling breeze that whips by, chilling if not freezing the water you're covered in.

"And you still didn't tell me what that thing is you're pointing at my head!" The Pegasus is quick with her words, determined to get an answer.

"Oh this?" You say pulling down your: loaded, safety off, .50 cal, desert eagle.

"Yah that." She says pointing a hoof at the gun.

"Its.. well you see..." you say stammering, you don't know if you should revile that you almost blew her head off.

"It's a sleeping device!" You reply a bit to energetically.

"What's it do? How does it work?" The curious cyan mare asks as she circles you.

Well shit, got to come up with a fast bull shit explanation. Good thing I had a lot of practice with bullshiting back home.

"You see, this device when fired cause's the victim to fall asleep. It uses tranquilizer darts to accomplish this making any being pass out within the next 10 to 30 seconds." You say with a forced grin on your face.

"OK... Then why were you aiming it at me?!" The cyan pony questions.

"Well I just traveled world's, possibly dimensions, can't be to safe you know." You reply.

"I guess so..." The Pegasus say's still not 100% sure if what you said was true or not.

The next thing that happens is silence, good old awkward silence. Now that you think about it, calling it awkward was a understatement.

The silence is finally broken again by the cyan pony. "So you got a name or something?" She questions pointing at you to answer the question, then again its not like there was anyone else around for her to be talking to.

"Yah, I'm Anonymous, Anon for short. You are?" You ask politely but still holding the Desert Eagle for insurance. Who knows this Pegasus could be working for the insurgents.

"I'M RAINBOW DASH!" The Pegasus shouts while she fly's high into the air, scaring the shit out of you in the process. You literally almost let off a round by how frightened you were at her sudden movement. "FASTEST FLYER IN ALL OF EQUESTRIA!" Well at least you now know she likes to gloat.

Rainbow Dash continues to do acrobatics in the air as you watch from bellow. You have to hand it to her, she's really good at it. Standing there you watch a blue blur with a rainbow trail behind it do flips and tricks.

"Used to be." You mutter under your breath, but somehow the cyan Pegasus picked it up.

"What did you just say?!" She swoops down and lands inches away from you. Sweat seems to come from everywhere as you prepare to shoot off a warning round. Bitches be cray no matter what species!

"Me? N-nothing, I-I d-didn't say anything." you obviously lie not wanting to upset the rainbow haired Pegasus any more. Sadly she doesn't seem to be entirely convinced. "It was a long fall, I might of said something without knowing." You manage to say with a forced smile. The cyan Pegasus's jaw drops from what you'd just said. "What?" You say as she just stands there with a look resembling the thousand yard stare. With no time Rainbow Dash re-composes herself like nothing ever happened.

"You were the one that fell from the sky!" A bit flattered from the response you can't help but chuckle a bit.

"Yah, that was me." Your forced smile turning into a sheepish one.

The events that happens next could be described as a freak out. "Omg, are you all right dude, You were going SO FAST. In fact you're the only pon...'er' hoo-man that could perform a sonic-boom other than me!"

"Well I am the only 'human' here, from what you told me." You reply with a deadpanned look. You also make sure to put an emphasis on human so she can correct herself later on.

"You get what I mean!" The Pegasus pony proclaims shoving a hoof at you that you instinctively evade.

She continues on a bit more asking how you did it and other questions, but before you can answer them she comes up with another one. This is starting to creep you out a bit. So you do what seems logical, you give her some space by stepping back. This is only countered by the Pegasus stepping forward.

"Rainbow Dash, chill, one question at a time." You say sounding quipped.

You kind of liked being asked so many questions, it makes you feel like your famous even if it was for a short while. She soon starts to calm down and takes a deep breath.

"My bad, sorry about that. It's not every day I meet someone as fast as me." she claims sighing and trying to cover up her blushing.

This fly's right over your head. How can a pony blush with all that fur? Never mind don't want another headache. Your thoughts are once again interrupted by the cyan Pegasus.

"How're you able to go that fast?" She asks.

A frown comes upon your face when you hear that question. The reminder that your beloved F-22 is about 10 ft under by now. Memories of the times that you've pushed that plane to its limits flashes though your head. Now Anon don't shed a tear, you are stronger then this.

"I was in a jet, it's not hard to break the sound barrier with one of those." The statement makes the cyan Pegasus rock side to side like she's about to pass out. Oh man this doesn't look good.

"You OK there, Rainbow Dash?" You say watching the Pegasus sway back and forth. To your relief she finally snaps out of it and answers.

"Oh, Yah, just rethinking my entire life. What's a plane?"

Before you can question why she was rethinking her entire life you feel a light pellet of water hit your head. Disregarding the small pellets of water for now, you answer the question that the rainbow pony has asked.

"A plane is a machine that lets me -a human- fly. You see back on my planet -Earth- we humans don't have wings." The small pellets of water soon turn into a downpour.

fuckin' rain always has to come at the worst times. You say to yourself. The rain does nothing to help you out, in fact it is like the rain is mocking you and your failures. Man you hate it when things mock you or beat you.

"Well it looks we can't stay out here Anon, could catch a cold." Rainbow Dash says.

"True, but where can I go I don't necessarily have a home." You say as your sheepish grin fades.

"Oh... right." The rainbow mare says.

Both of you stand there thinking of ways to shelter you. You personally suggest to camp out and make a little tent out of branches and leaves. To your demise this idea was shot down as Rainbow Dash didn't like the idea. Something about it being your first day in this so called 'Equestria'.

"Oh I got it!" The now soaked Pegasus speaks up.

"I'm all ear's."You say raising an eyebrow.

"You can stay at my friends house. I would offer you to stay at mine, but it's in a cloud and I don't think you can walk on them."

Don't ask Anon, Don't even think how she can walk on clouds. Your head starts to hurt a bit as you deny your common sense and think about walking on clouds.

I TOLD YOU!

But no you didn't listen!

Well can't blame me for trying.

"You sure, I mean will your friend mind me crashing on his or her couch" You say braking away from your thoughts.

"Nah, Twilight is cool, I don't think she'll have any problems with it" Rainbow Dash replies.

"Well then lead the way Rainbow Dash!" You say eager to get into a warm and not to mention dry house.

With that the Pegasus takes the lead over the river and lands on the other side waiting for you to swim across. Man you really didn't want to cross the freezing river this late at night, on the bright side it would wake you up.

With a clear mind you jump into the river head first. As soon as you hit the water regrets set in. HOLY FUCK IS THIS COLD! You say to yourself as you do the butterfly all the way to the other end.

Quickly you scramble to your feet when you reach the shore. You look around to find Rainbow Dash waiting impatiently by the tree line, eager to enter. Well let's not keep her waiting she is providing you with shelter. You think to yourself as you just realize how generous this pony was.

You just met her and you're from a different planet or dimension, why in the hell is she offering you a place to stay. On earth if an alien came people would be freaking out, telling the government or authorities. Then have it gutted to find out what it was. Oh gosh you really don't want that to happen.

"You coming or what Anon, I can't wait here all day!" The mare comments glaring daggers into you.

"Yeah right behind you." You say catching up to her at the tree line.

The two of you enter the dark forest that had a canopy that mimicked your F-22 when it was under water. You could no longer see the moon or the clouds; good thing to it kept the rain out. As you're not one to complain about drying off a bit.

As you and Rainbow Dash travel deeper into the forest the light becomes less and less common. Putting on common knowledge you flip your visor down and put on the NVG's. Holy cow that's better you think to yourself as you look around, you can see the forest as if the sun was right behind you.

As you and Dash walk through the forest you can't help but have a strange feeling, like you're being watched. Doing a quick turnaround you can see a shape move from one bush to another in the distance.

Putting it off as a leaf or branch falling from the wind and rain you turn back forward. Only to be interrupted by the sight of it again in your peripherals. Turning your head the shape comes out of the bush and slowly creeps up on you.

Little does it know you have NVG's and you can see it clear as day. As the shape comes closer you can pick out some features. The body was made entirely out of wood from the naughts you can see, it was on all four legs and had a tail. The creature that was approaching you looked identical to a wolf.

"Uh... Dash?" You say as you watch the wolf come closer.

"What is it Anon?" The Pegasus stops and turns to you. Her expression shows that she's not in the mood for stopping for a little chitchat.

"Are wooden wolfs harmless?" You say keeping your voice low so the wolf can't hear. With a pony being sentient you don't take chances with the wolf.

"Timberwolves? No... they're not harmless... why you asking?" She asks with a hint of worry creeping into her voice.

"Because I think I see one." You whisper.

You freeze in place as you see more come out of the bush, three more to be exact. If you are shitting your pants you can only imagine what Rainbow Dash is doing since she can't see them. The wolves come closer and closer.

"Rainbow Dash I want you to fly away and go back to the town. OK?" You say in a stern and strong voice, not wanting to argue.

"No way Anon! I don't leave anypony behind!" She shouts unaware that the wolfs are there and are now charging them!

"Don't worry about me I can handle them, trust me I have a trick up my sleeve. Don't risk your life for a stranger!" You yell back as you put your hand to your side ready to un-holster your pistol.

You could tell that she wanted to stay from the face she was making. However thankfully without any further arguing she takes off into the air and hovers. "I better see you back in town Anon." Rainbow Dash states before braking though the dark canopy of the forest.

Turning to see the wolves you're caught off guard by the first one jumping into the air and landing right on you. Quick to think you bring your legs in and kick the wolf in the stomach; well at least you think it was the stomach.

The wolf backs off as the other three join in and circle you, like how a shark would circle its pray. This is way too easy you say to yourself as you pull out your Desert eagle and flick the safety off. Not too much later the second wolf jumps to attack thinking that he was so clever, only to be stopped mid air by a .50 cal shot to the dome.

Light from the muzzle flash illuminates the area around you. It looks sick as fuck with NVG's as a white area around you comes and goes in a instant. The next thing that happens is the sound, dam your helmet canceled some of it out but not enough to stop the ringing in your ear.

The second wolf falls to the ground and doesn't get up or move. Good their brain is in their head, looks like this planet isn't so much differ- Your thoughts are interrupted by the third wolf leaping and hitting you right in the chest. The wolf wastes no time and bights down on your leg.

Pain is all you can feel for a short while before you press the barrel of the Desert Eagle to the wolf's head and fire two satisfying shots. The sound of the wolf falling down brings a devilish grin on your face. Three rounds off four more to go.

You toss the wolfs corps besides you and get up. The other two wolf's are backing in fear of what you have just done to their friends. With such ease you think that anything would back off. You point your gun to the sky and give out two shots.

If the wolves weren't backing away then they sure are now. With the sound of the gun and the light that came off it the wolves jump back into the bush and out of sight. AND GOOD RIDDANCE! You say as you smile triumphantly.

Pain comes back to ruin your victory as you notice the gash in your right leg from the battle. Awh fuck You yell mentally as you pull off your bag and take out the medical kit. Good thing you had it to because the cut was pretty deep.

Reaching into the medical kit you pull out some rubbing alcohol. Brace yourself Anon for the pain! Poring the liquid on your cut only amplifies the pain.

"AHHHHHHHH FUCK!" You yell out as the pain is unbearable.

With the wound now clean you make hast and wrap it up with some medical dressing. Cutting the cloth with your teeth you secure the end by tucking it in. Now that you're patched up, you repack the medical kit and put it in your bag.

With a limp -keeping the pressure off your leg to make it heal faster- you head off in the direction you hope you saw Rainbow Dash fly in. The chills of the night catch up to you as you begin the journey to where ever the fuck she was taking you.


After a couple of minutes or hours you can't really tell, you lay eyes on a clearing up ahead. The clearing that your approaching is bright. Pulling up your visor you see that its daylight! Yup forget that you said minutes it was defiantly hours.

The pain has subsided during the walk but you still limp not to test your luck. Reaching the clearing you survey the area around you. There is not much to look at but you spot some smoke possibly from the town you saw while falling.

After a quick rest by one of the nearby trees you get up and make the long trek to the smoke. Judging by the distance you think it will take two hours so about eight km give or take. You just hope there won't be any more alien creature's out there.

Rainbow Dashes POV:
A couple hours ago...


Bursting though the tree canopy you look back down to see nothing but darkness. How the hay could he see the Timberwolves, it was pitch black! Either way he had a good point, you just met him and you were thinking of risking your life for him. Dam the element of loyalty you represent.

Just as you're about take off into the direction of Ponyville, you hear a loud BAG followed by a large amount of light that comes from the trees bellow. What in Tartarus was that! Guess Anon wasn't joking when he said he had a trick up his sleeve.

Feeling confident that Anon can handle himself you head off to Ponyville. You're about halfway there when you hear a familiar voice scream out. "AHHHHHHHH FUCK!" Quick to act you hurry back to the site where you left Anon and the Timberwolves.

Why Rainbow, why did you have to leave him you know that no pony could take on a pack of Timberwolves let alone even one! Flying fast as the rain hits your coat and slides of due to the extreme speed, you reach just above the site.

Smashing back though the Evergreen canopy you're once again engulfed by the darkness. Once you land you can make out two bodies lying on the ground. Approaching them you see that both are Timberwolves, one has a hole in its head, while the other one seems to have half of its head gone.

You look around to find Anon, but all you see is pool of crimson blood that doesn't seem to be trailing anywhere. Where the buck did you go Anon, and what the hay did you do to kill these Timberwolves?

After about 30 minutes of searching and coming up with nothing you give up and decided to continue the search tomorrow with your friends help of course. You just hope that Anon doesn't get lost and stumble into trouble and die, that's the last thing you would wish for any pon-'errr' human.

Once more you break the canopy of trees and soar above the gloomy Everfree forest. The rain is still coming down hard, but tomorrow will be a great day to search due to Cloudsdale's weather team arranging a sunny day.

Even with that in your head it doesn't seem to matter. You want to find him now! Every minute you wait is another minute Anon is in risk of dying. It would just suck being the first alien on Equestria and die the first day due to wildlife or nature.

So instead of holding it off till tomorrow you zip on over to Ponyville in a rush to find your friends. Hopefully they don't mind being awakened at this time. Well they shouldn't this is a emergency and you're sure that they will understand.

Reaching Ponyville in record time, you head on over to the golden oak library where Twilight Sparkle lives. You reach the door with a large THWAMP when you hit the ground. The wind picks up and the rain finally set's on your coat making you shiver.

Thump, Thump, Thump

You bang on the door with gusto to wake up the sleeping friend inside. To your luck that gets the attention of something inside as you can hear claw steps on the wood floor. The door opens after a while and a green and purple baby dragon steps out.

"What are you doing here this early Rainbow Dash?" Spike says with a voice far from enthused.

"I need *gasp* Twilight's help. *gasp* It's a emergency!" You say out of breath from the full on sprint that you did to get here.

Without any arguing the little dragon can see the worry in your eyes and runs up stairs to awaken Twilight Sparkle. You take a step inside and are greeted with welcoming warm air from the library. You quickly shake off some of the water that's on your coat and lean against the wall.

Looking around the library you can see multiple books out of place and scattered around. This was unlike Twi, she is usually very organised. As you look around the room you hear the clip clop of hooves coming down stairs.

"What's the problem Rainbow Dash, that you had to wake me at 3:30 in the morning?" Twilight asks trying to wake up herself. If her tone is anything to go by she's pretty ticked.

With Twilight giving you her full attention you start to lay it on her. "Well it all started when I was laying down in my bed looking out my window towards Ponyville..." You spend the next ten minutes explaining to Twilight the events that have transpired in the last couple of hours. A couple of things gets Twilight's attention, mostly the ones about Anon not being from this world or dimension.

"Well Rainbow this is a problem, but don't you think you can wait till the morning?" Twilight replies look beat tired. It was really out of character for her to say such a thing seeing as extraterrestrial knowledge lay sitting at her doorstep. So for her to decline the offer really showed you how tired she was.

"NO!" You practically shout out. "I - I mean, every minute we stand here Anon is in risk of being killed!" You say as you re-compose yourself.

"But Dash, Anon said he can handle himself and from what you say it looks like he can." Twilight replies having trouble keeping awake. Even now as you talk she seems to be swaying left and right.

"Fine! Stay here if you want, but I'm not going to stand around idly while Anon's life is at stake! I can prevent this Twilight!" You snap back and before Twilight can argue you're already out of the door.

The warmth from the library soon leaves you as you step into the dark night, with wind and rain pounding on your body. Anon you owe me one if you are still alive out there! You take off into the harsh and chilling air.

You're soon over the Everfree forest looking for any sign of light or noise that might come from Anon. The night is unforgiving as you're tired and cold from searching and if that was not bad enough the darkness of the forest bellow renders any chance of finding him slim to none.

Nevertheless you refuse to give up on finding him and put yourself into overdrive as you search relentlessly for the remainder of the night.

Anon's POV:
A couple hours after...


How you missed the warm touch of the sun on your face. You've been walking for about an hour and a half almost towards the smoke tower that you saw at the edge of the forest. The smoke stack is almost gone but you still remember the original heading you were on.

The walk has been unforgiving as the pain in your right leg got worse and worse. You think it might be infected but that possibility is out the window when you remembered that you disinfected it. Besides that you're extremely thirsty and hungry as you were walking in the sun for a good hour and a half.

Another twenty minutes and you can see what little is left of the smoke stack just beyond the hill that you're climbing. Fucking hills this was some work out, you estimate that by the end of this endeavor you would at least lost five pounds. Too bad you needed that weight if you ever started to starve.

Reaching the top of the hill you're completely taken away at what was causing the smoke. Your jaw hangs low as you take in the sight of a crashed F-22 in the fields, dirt dislodged in its wake showing you that it was well thought out crash landing. This can only mean one thing there is another pilot in Equestria.

Quickly you run over to the F-22 hoping that the person is still alive. However you're only greeted by a sharp pain as you start to run down the hill causing you to trip and roll down the hill. FUCKING GRAVITY! Is all you think as you roll down the hill and come to a stop ten meters away from the burning F-22.

Unlike your F-22 that somehow was intact when you last saw it sinking in the river, this jet was completely toast. Quite literally to, the entire plane was burnt up the paint melted off of it and one of the wings was torn off. Not to mention that one of the jet engines was laying a few feet behind it.

But you could care less about the plane, you get up and rush over to the F-22 cockpit. To your surprise it was open and no one was inside of it, the medical kit and survival kit still lay in there respected places.

You have one last chance to find out who's plane this was. Turning back to the tail of the F-22 you look at the vertical stabilizer. The pain hits you hard as you take note of the small painting of a dumb bell. This was Lorin's plane.

There is still hope Anon there was no body in the cockpit remember.

Yes.... Just.... there is still a possibility.

Get those negative thoughts out of here! We still need to survive!

Right!

Reaching into the cockpit you take the survival kit and medical kit out and put them into your bag. Taking another glance you take his backpack that he left Why would he leave all his survival stuff here? Putting the thought of your friend's well being in the back of your head you get a safe distance away from the burning F-22.

The fire of the F-22 did help though, your clothes are now warm and somewhat dry. The storm from last night has passed and you sit there looking around for any sign of civilization. With your luck you can see nothing but a distant forest the same one that you came out of. Other than that all you could see is grassy plains.

The smell of burning jet fuel fills the air and surrounds you even though you're a good bit of distance away from the wreckage. The fire crackling is all you can hear and when you look back at the plane all you can see is fire.

You find it best to just stay at the crash site hoping that another pony will find you. Getting a little impatient you open up your backpack and pull out your survival kit. The first thing you pull out is the compass which in turn makes you laugh as you see the needle going crazy. Guess there's no magnetic north.

Going back into your kit you find other useful items such as: a knife, some rope, pliers that have a built in screw driver and can opener, lastly the reason for the sheer size of the kit a flare gun. Seems a bit overkill to have in a survival kit but you never liked the hand flares, so you had your own custom one made.

Having only three shots in it you make a plan on when to use them. You will use the first one now just in case anyon-pony else saw the smoke and was following it. The second one would be used tonight and the last one you will save till it's needed.

With that in mind you pull out the flare gun from your kit and load in the first shot. Taking aim you shoot the flare into the air and it glows a bright red and slowly floats down. It may not be as noticeable as it would be at night but if anyone was around they would surely notice it.

Putting the flare gun back into the survival kit you check any other of your pockets for helpful tools. When finding nothing useful in any of the survival kit pockets you put it back into your backpack. You then take inventory of what you have on at the moment.

Helmet with NVG's, Pilot G suit, Combat boots, and backpack with two medical kits and two survival kits. Next up Health status: Hungry, thirsty and bitten in the right leg. Speaking of which you look down and see that the bandage is no longer white but crimson.

Taking out the medical kit again you take off the blood soaked bandage and disinfect the cut again leading you to re-bandage it. The sting hurt less this time and did not make you scream like a baby like last time. Putting the medical kit back in your backpack you zip it up and carry it.

Taking another survey of the area around you find a rather large puddle of water not too far away. You take the canteen that's in your backpack and put a cloth over top of it and filter the water into it. To be on the safe side you plop in one of your purification tablets in.

Ok water is taken care of for the time being and food shouldn't be a problem at the moment if I stay here. You have to stay here anyways because this is where you shot off the flare and it would just suck if someon-pony came and you weren't there. This pony vocabulary is really starting to get annoying.

So for now you have to bare with time and sit, waiting for rescue if any came. This is going to be a long wait. You say to yourself as you lie down in the green grass and think of where Lorin could have gone or if he's even still alive.

Rainbow Dashes POV:
A couple minutes ago...


The night passes as you fly across the Everfree forest for the fifteenth time. Not one sound or any light whatsoever was given. Hope starts to dwindle as each minute passes, soon you have thoughts to abandon the search and claim him dead.

No, he's still out there I know it.

Give up Dash, he's dead.

How could you say that! How do you even know!

Do you think any pony could survive that long in the Everfree forest?

Zecora?

With two very pissed Timberwolves after them?

I guess you have a point.

You mean 'I' have a point. Remember I'm you Dash.

Your ears flatted against your head as you come to terms that Anon is probably a five star meal for two lucky Timberwolves. You turn to the direction of Ponyville hoping to get at least some sleep that you've missed out on while searching for Anon.

The rain has stopped a couple of hours ago, but you're still freezing. The May air might be warm at ground level but up here it was freezing. At that though you lower you altitude and get the warmth back into your body.

Climbing up into the air satisfied that you're now warm enough to head back to your cloud home. As you gain altitude you catch a glimpse of a red orb floating in the sky. What in Tartarus is that! You quickly turn just in time to see the faint red orb fall a few feet then disappear.

I must be going mad! You think to yourself as you debate on going to where it has landed. On one hoof you're tiered and you don't know if you could make it back. On the other hoof this could be Anon trying to tell you where he is.

With that in mind you take off towards the orb despite your wings being stressed from the long night of searching. You can't help but check just in case. The wind still blows and is trying to turn you off course but you're determined; there is no stopping this train.

Anon's POV:


To your surprise it's quite nice out here, the warm sun heating you up and drying your clothes. If there wasn't a chance of dying from the local wildlife you would've like to live here. To be quite honest back on Earth you didn't have much to go back to other then you're friends and mother.

Sure your life on Earth was exciting fighting all those other people, but here it was nice and relaxing. Kinda like a never ending vacation, you could get use to this. Opening your eyes you look out at the blue sky, a small pain hits you in the heart, you'll probably never get to fly again if you're truly stuck here.

A couple minutes pass and you sit up and look around the area. Yup still here with a flaming F-22 and bright green plains as far as the eye can see. Turning back to the sky you look around for any sign of life. Doing a 180 to look behind you and away from the crash site you're greeted by a cyan blear crashing right into your stomach.

"Oof!", Is all you say before you are knocked onto your ass and rolling down the hill. When you come to a stop a couple feet later you refocus your eyes to look at what had pushed you over. Well you could of guessed by the cyan color alone that it was none other than Rainbow Dash. The Pegasus stumbles off you and helps you up.

"heh-heh, sorry about that" The Pegasus says with a sheepish smile on her face.

"It's OK." You say as you get up of the ground.

You are taken by surprise when you look at the mare. It looks like she hasn't slept in a long time. Well duh dude she was probably out looking for us! With this you take in the full extent of how she looks. She looks worse than you do and you got mauled by some Timberwolves! Her eyes are blood shot, her wings are twitching from what you can assume to be exhaustion, and lastly she is swaying back and forth. Wait swaying!

"Dash are you OK?" You say stepping close to get a better look.

"Yeah, I'm O-" Is all she says before she faints right then and there.

Thinking fast you catch the Pegasus and slowly put her down on the ground. Must have been out all night without rest. Sheesh she is really loyal to people she just meets. Suddenly you can feel the slight repetitive bumps next to you where you put Rainbow Dash.

Putting a hand on her again you realize that holy shit she's freezing! You quickly run over to the F-22 despite the risk of the ammunition igniting. With haste you take out your knife and jump into the cockpit facing the seat. Digging your knife into the seat you manage to take off all of the coverings, which was not a lot.

Managing to get at least a small blanket like size off you run back to Rainbow Dash and cover her in the very thin fabric. You keep near her to keep her warm and to bat off hypothermia. Man that would suck your rescue team catching Hypothermia.

The shivering doesn't stop which further worries you. Thinking fast you pull out Lorin's backpack and take out all of the contents. This pony was about half the size of you, which meant that this backpack idea could work!

You pick up Rainbow Dash and place her into the backpack half in and half out. Kind of like a make shift sleeping bag. With her now in the backpack you fill the sides in with your fabric to act like an insulator.

The shivering stops after a couple of minutes and your worries fade with it. Next up make sure she has water. Well you can't really force her to drink the water while she's unconscious so that will just have to wait. She's warming up so that good, and all airways are a go. Next step wake her up. well you will leave her sleeping for a while she did search all night for you.

It's kinda funny now that you look at the situation. A flying pony 'Pegasus' is saving you -a well trained United States Air Force pilot- then again this is supposedly their world and it would make sense that this would happen. Still all in all if you ever got back to Earth and told them this story, they would defiantly lock you up in the loony bin. All the more reason to stay.

You like how that sound's a fresh start, a clean slate. Forget what happened in the past, leave all your problems behind. With that in your mind the smallest smile comes to your face as does a tear.

" It is the youth who must inherit the tribulation, the sorrow... that are the aftermath of war." ~ Herbert Hoover