• Published 4th May 2014
  • 6,837 Views, 236 Comments

Falling for a Star - CCpone



You're a military fighter pilot of a F-22 raptor along with your best friends Lorin and Jason. To bad you tend to use old tactics.

  • ...
48
 236
 6,837

Chapter twelve - Getting Even

Operation: Getting Even
Date: June/1/2020
Location: Rout 71 to Hormozgan.
Time: 11:55


Anon's POV:

It was a long journey as expected when you're driving a dirt bike that only goes 100km/h, for 494km. The funny thing is, that's not the thing that gets to you, what gets to you is that Rainbow Dash is still fast asleep somehow. The roads were straight but if you said they were smooth then you are sorely mistaken.

Well at least its better then the alternative 103 hour walk, through 515km of hot Iranian air. You doubt that you or Dash would of made that journey.

"YAAAAAAWN!" You hear a sound come from behind you as the weight on your right shoulder is released.

"Evening Rainbow." You say as you keep your eyes on the never ending road ahead of you. Remember when I said I missed this feeling? I completely take that back now. You say in your head as you turn around to get a glimpse of Rainbow Dash.

As per usual, her brightly colored hues do wonders to lighten up your mood. "So where are we now Anon?" Rainbow asks looking around the bike taking in the surroundings. "Are we still in that 'warzone'?" Dash asks with worry sneaking into her voice.

You sigh as you don't want to lie to Rainbow Dash. "Yes Rainbow Dash, we are still in that 'warzone'. However, we're almost out of it!" You say as your tone gets progressively happier the more you realize that freedom is only a couple of kilometers out.

"Well if you don't mind I'm going to go back to my nap." Dash states. Nap my ass. You think as you swerve the bike to keep her up. "Hey! What gives!" Rainbow Dash makes sure to yell so you can hear her crystal clear.

"We are almost there." You state as you regain control of the dirt bike. This thing has one hell of a tank. You think to yourself as you look at the fuel gauge that is almost at empty. You're surprised that the dirt bike even made it this far.

Rainbow Dash looks around you. "How much longer?" Rainbow asks.

"Five to ten more minutes." You reply looking back at Dash that seems to be growing impatient.

"And you couldn't let me sleep for ten to five more minutes?" Rainbow Dash asks with an annoyed tone.

Chuckling you answer Rainbow Dash. "If I let you sleep a little bit longer you would never get back up." You say remembering how she seemed to sleep through roads that were under construction. "In order for me to wake you up, I would have to get another air horn."

"That reminds me Anon, I need to get you back for making me fall on my face and covering me in sand and mud." Rainbow says in a playful tone. "Also I still have that dare up my sleeve." She states proud that she has so many cards to pull against you.

You sigh "Just make sure you pull that dare in a appropriate spot, remember the rules." You reply.

Rainbow Dash nods "Yeah, yeah no daring you to kill yourself or anything 'physically' impossible." Rainbow Dash rolls her eyes. "However I will pull the dare in a very 'appropriate' spot." Once again she speaks in a playful tone.

"Don't get to ahead of yourself Dash" You state as the city of Bandar Abbas comes into view. You have to admit seeing this town by itself is welcoming and relaxing. "Well it looks like we are here." You say as you pass by the first few houses.

"Finally! Can you stop somewhere I really need to stretch. Being on this 'bike' is fun in all but after a while it gets to you, you know?" Rainbow asks and you turn your head towards her.

"You're telling me." You say as you pull the dirt bike over and hop off. "Ahhhh man!" You say as you stretch and once again you can hear and feel the pops and cracks throughout your body. "Man if that doesn't feel good I don't know what does." You state as you look over to Rainbow Dash.

"You call that a stretch?" Rainbow asks as she bends down cracking her back all the while cracking her wings in every which direction. You have to admit her pops and cracks where way louder, but you don't know if that is even healthy.

Smiling you walk back over to the dirt bike. "Does everything have to be a competition to you Dash?" You ask as you start up the dirt bike.

"Yes." Dash Replies walking towards the dirt bike.

"Good I like challenges." You state. As soon as Rainbow Dash is about to jump on the bike move a meter forward causing her to hit the floor. "Looks like I win the competition of mounting a dirt bike." Dash gives you the cold eye and once again walks towards the dirt bike.

Once again you move the dirt bike forward before she can reach it. "Anon, stop!" Rainbow states getting annoyed at your shenanigans.

"Fine, fine." You state waiting for her to hop on. DO IT NOW. You move the dirt bike forward one more time causing Dash to repeat the same thing. You can't help it the gates are open and you start to burst out into laughter and fall off the bike and onto the dirt. "HAHAHA I had to do it, it was perfect timing." You state as Rainbow Dash get up and walks next to you.

Rainbow Dash then steps over you and pins your arms to the dirt floor. Her expression is showing the same devilish smirk that you have grown to love. However at this time you think that you rather not have her display this expression.

"Oh it was that funny huh?" Rainbow Dash states as she opens up your backpack with her mouth and brings out your canteen. You gulp down some air as you know what is about to come. You struggle but surprisingly Rainbow Dash is stronger then she looks.

"Now, now Rainbow Dash you don't need to go that far." You state as you try to struggle free but to no avail.

"Oh I don't think this is far enough." Rainbow Dash states as she pours the ice cold canteen water all over your face. Thinking about it now it's quite refreshing. "and now time for the sand." Your eyes go wide at the mention of sand.

"Now there is no need fo-" You are cut off as Rainbow Dash shoves a hoof full of sand right into your face. It wouldn't of been that bad if your eyes and mouth weren't open. Rainbow Dash then graciously hops off you and watches you cough up sand and wipe your eyes.

Even with your eyes closed you can tell Rainbow Dash is on the ground. If her laughing didn't give that away then the rather large *Thump* would. "YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR FACE!" Rainbow Dash states in between her fits of laughter.

"You think this is a motherfucking game?" You state as you rub the last bit of sand off your face. "I would sleep with one eye open if I were you Dash." You say as you pick up your empty canteen off the floor as well as your backpack.

"Oh I'm so scared." Dash gets up and puts a hoof over her head to amplify her statement.

"You should be." You state as you pick up the dirt bike and start it back up. "You coming on Dash?" You ask with a smirk.

"No funny business right?" Dash asks to confirm that you won't drive forward again.

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye." You state the old poem to show your supper cereal now.

"Wow that's pretty disturbing." Rainbow Dash replies as she hops onto your new dirt bike. "It sounds like a disturbing version of Pinkie Pies promise."

"Oh really how does hers go?" You ask as you bring the dirt bike back onto the main road.

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Rainbow Dash says while she demonstrates the gestures that go along with it.

You chuckle a bit at the similarities between the two poems. "Wow they actually sound a lot like each other." You reply to Dash as you stop for the first red light you have stopped for in a long time.

"Why did you stop Anon?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"It's a red light." You say pointing to the traffic light. "Here on earth we have rules to prevent people from crashing into each other at high speeds with these cars and bikes." You state gesturing to the bike and the car next to you.

As you look to the car next to you, you realize that the people are looking at Rainbow Dash. Oh shit that's right rainbow maned ponies don't exist on earth neither do they ride shotgun on motorbikes.

The traffic light turns green and you accelerate the hell out of their view.

You know Anon humans are quite gullible.

And why do I need to know that?

Well If you just tell them that she's an invention you made like a robot, I'm sure people will not question you.

You really think that's going to work?

Well its worth a try.

Arriving at the last set of lights you turn to the car next to you. "You speak English." You ask the person in the car next to you.

"Yes." The man replies looking at Rainbow Dash before you.

"You like my robot pony?" You say pointing to Dash that rolls her eyes at you're attempt to fit her into earths society.

"Yeah it's pretty detailed." The man replies looking over to Rainbow Dash. "How long did it take you to make it? That looks like it took along time you know with all of the fur and what not." He asks as the lights turn green.

"My whole life." You state as you drive past him. Holy shit that worked! You say to yourself as you start to smell the salt water. "Looks like we made it to the border." You say turning your head to Dash that is still amazed that humans are that gullible. "Trust me Dash our technology is so advance that, that statement is common. Well not the pony part but the robot part." You say as you park the dirt bike on the side of the road.

You and Dash hop off the bike. "So what you're telling me is all you have to do is say I'm an invention of yours and everyone will believe you?" Rainbow Dash asks looking at you.

"Well some people will be suspicious, but when they realize that they can't come up with another reason why you exist they will fall under my word." You say as you start to head over to the dock. You always liked the look of the ocean and on a day like this it should be very relaxing.

With a smile now present on your face you step onto the cement pier. Now finding someone to sail us to the UAE could be a problem. Looking around the rather crowded pier you spot some captains upon their vessels. You also notice that people are now starting to look towards Rainbow Dash. However none of them seem to care enough to come up to you and ask.

Arriving at the first boat you put the best pleading face on and get to work. "Do you speak English Sir?" You ask politely to the man attending to his fishing boat. The Captain turns around and stairs at you for a moment thinking of how to answer you, obviously trying to translate.

"No." Is all the Captain says before he turns back to his fishing boat and sorts some of the ropes that lay on the floor. Well at least we're narrowing the search down. You think to yourself as you turn away from the boat with Dash and head off to the next one.

"Why do you keep asking these people if they speak English?" Rainbow Dash states as you come up to the next boat.

"Well here on Earth we have many different languages. Here in Iran their main language is Persian, that's why I ask if they speak English. I guess over in Equestria you only have one language." You state arriving at the next boat just as you finish up your sentence. "You speak English?" You state to the man attending to his ships needs.

"Yeah." He states turning towards you. "What can I do for you?" He asks coming closer to you and Dash. Before you can speak the man looks over to Rainbow Dash. "What is that!" He states rather loudly.

You look over to Rainbow Dash that has a none to pleased expression upon her face. "Oh that." You say pointing to Rainbow Dash. "That is just my invention I'm working on. It took me all my life to get it to the functionality it's at now and I need to bring it to the UAE." You state with a tone that even impresses you.

"Why do you need to bring this here contraption to the UAE?" The man asks getting a closer look at Rainbow Dash.

Shit Anon can we come up with a back story fast enough? You state in your mind panicking a little bit. AH HA! I got it! Acting fast you answer the man in a calm tone. "Well this here contraption of mine has a showing at the UAE science convention. I need to be there as soon as possible, if I win first place I can afford to further improve it." You really hope this guy doesn't know anything about events in the UAE.

"Well I'm sorry to tell you but I'm not going that far out. This boat here wont make it on the fuel it has now." The captain states bringing your mood and your hopes down. "However I am on my way towards Abu Musa its about half way there. I bet there is someone there that will take you the rest of the way."

With your new found hope you smile. "So when are you leaving to Abu Musa?" You state eager to get out of this 'warzone' and into the safety of the American army.

"Well I'm planing on leaving in about three hours. If you come back then I will take you. If you're late then you're out of luck." Taking the captains warning seriously you look over to Rainbow Dash.

"OK, and thanks for the ride." You state to the captain. The captain then moves off to prepare his ship for the long journey. "So what do you want to do for three hours." You state still looking down at Rainbow Dash.

"I don't know but Celestia is it hot here." Rainbow Dash states as you look around trying to come up with something to do. The more you look around the bigger and bigger your smile gets. You devious Anon you. You hear a voice come from within you.

You start to walk farther down the pier with Rainbow Dash in tow. "So what do you have in mind Anon." Rainbow Dash states as you near the end of the pier. It is quite the beautiful sight as the sun is high in the sky and the blue water glistened in its rays.

"Doesn't this view just take your breath away?" You ask as you sit down at the edge of the pier. "Its no cloud view that's for sure but this is second on my list." You state as Rainbow Dash sits down next to you.

"Yeah it is a pretty awesome view." Rainbow Dash states looking over to you.

You look back over to Rainbow Dash and stair into her magenta colored eyes. You know you want to do it Anon. Having no more patience left in you, you grab onto Rainbow Dash and hug her tightly. To your surprise Rainbow Dash doesn't fight back like she normally does, but instead hugs you back.

As you hug Rainbow Dash you can feel her expression lifting. "I don't like sand in my eyes." You whisper into Rainbow Dashes ear as you push yourself with Dash off the pier and into the nice and cooled water of the Persian gulf. You're having to much fun enjoying your victory that you don't notice that Rainbow Dash has yet to come up.

Finally settling down with your laughter you look around to find Rainbow Dash. To your surprise Rainbow Dash is no wear to be found. Shit! Shit! Shit! You say in your mind as you dive into the water in search for Rainbow Dash. Luckily you catch a glimpse of her as she falls deeper and deeper into the water.

Swimming the fastest you can you start to close in on Dash. You have to admit it was the most painful thing to watch as the breath of Rainbow Dash starts slowing down, eventually stopping when you reach her. Arriving at Rainbow Dash in record time you grab her and carry her back to the surface.

To your disliking Rainbow Dash still seems to be unconscious and not breathing. Fuck Anon! Why did you have to get even. Continuing your swimming you reach the shore withing seconds, seconds that could cost Rainbow Dash her life. You know CPR but what you don't know is if this will work on a pony.

Having nothing better to do you pull Rainbow Dash onto her back and start to check the vital signs. You have a pulse but it seams that shes not breathing. Without wasting time you start the CPR process. OK three chest compression's. "ONE, TWO, THREE!" You yell. OK, time for the rescue breaths. You tilt Rainbow Dashes head back and pinch her noes.

Taking in a deep breath you start the first breath. You start to worry when you see nothing change. You still have two more to go. You state in your mind as you go in to do the second one. To your surprise when you place your lips on Rainbow Dashes lips you can feel the slight change in her expression.

Pulling back you are greeted by Rainbow Dash smiling but her eyes still closed. SHE WAS FAKING IT! You yell in your mind. "You kinky mare." You state as you sigh in relief. "I thought you drowned!" Rainbow Dash opens her eyes and sits up.

"Well to be fair I was." Rainbow Dash states with a sheepish smile. "You see... I don't know how to swim." Your jaw almost hits the ground. You snap your fingers in both ears to make sure you aren't hearing anything. To your amazement you hear the snaps loud and clear.

"So you're telling me that the 'FASTEST FLYER IN EQUESTRIA' cant swim." You states still regaining your breath from the rather tiring swim that you just had.

Dash adorns a sad expression. "Yeah that is what I'm telling you." Dash looks at you with the same sad expression. You have never seen this one before, and it pulls at your heartstrings too tell the truth. As if a light switched was flicked Dash expression goes from one that makes you want to hug the shit out of her to one that make you worried for your own sake.

"I still have that dare right?" Rainbow Dash states making you a bit uncomfortable.

"Yes." You state when you regain your breath and your bearings.

"Then I dare you to teach me how to swim." Dash states with a confident tone that she has spent her dare wisely.

You snap in both of your ears again to make sure that you're hearing the right thing. Once again you're ears picked up everything crystal clear. "You're really going to waist a dare on that?" You ask still dazed by confusion. Rainbow Dash doesn't seem to be the one that would ask anyone for help.

"Yes." Dash states firmly making you smile. "Hay! What give! Whats so funny!" Rainbow Dash states getting a bit self-conscious.

"I'm smiling because I would of taught you how to swim without being dared to." You state helping Dash up onto her hooves. "So you my dear Rainbow Dash have just wasted a perfectly good dare."

"Fuck!" Rainbow Dash yells as she get up onto her hooves and follows you into the water.

"Nice to see that you're starting to use Earth curse words." You state as you wait for Dash in the shallow water that is up to your waist, but for Dash its above her head and she has to get onto her back hooves. With time passing rather slowly Dash finally makes it to you having trouble standing on her two hooves in the water.

Rainbow Dash leans against you for balance. However you just pick her up and swim out far into the water that is deep enough so you have to swim. Looking over to Dash you can see that she is not liking this one bit. "Why are we so far out Anon?" Rainbow Asks as you finally stop swimming out.

"Well I'm going to teach you how to swim the same way my father showed me." You state swimming in spot holding on to Dash. Rainbow Dash gets a curious look upon her face.

"You never spoke of your family back on Equestria, Why?" Rainbow Dash asks.

You find that examples are better for explanations then words for this topic. As Dash looks at you, you let go of her and watch her freak out and splash around for a couple of seconds before going under. Being better then your father you go down into the water and grab Rainbow Dash in seconds.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR!" Rainbow Dash states regaining her breath.

"That's how my father taught me how to swim. He would keep doing that over and over again till I would understand what to do. You got a demo as my father would not rescue me until i was on the verge of death." Rainbow Dashes eyes go wide. "Don't worry I wont be that bad when I teach you."

Rainbow Dashes expression changes from angry to sympathetic. "That's horrible, why would anyone do that to there child." Rainbow Dash asks.

"He did it because he saw it to be the fastest way to teach. Let me tell you I learnt pretty quickly." You say remembering the the whole experience like it was a couple of days ago.

"You want to learn how to swim huh, Anon?" Your father asks you with a serious tone that he always seems to have on. You never knew what to feel when he spoke because he never showed any emotions.

"Yes." You say loud and clear. You have learnt to be loud and clear from the last time you asked your father for anything. He would always say if he couldn't hear you then your question was not worth answering. You rarely asked your father for anything as you would always know the answer to it 'NO'.

"Fine let me get a hold of you and I will teach you how to swim faster then anyone else." Your father speaks entering the water. "And hurry up, I don't want to be in here for much longer." He states once again in his serious voice.

Surprised that your father actually agreed to something you gain a smile and run towards your father. Within in no time at all you are standing next to your father in the nice and refreshing water. "Really! Faster then anyone else?" You ask with an eager tone.

"Yes I doubt anyone else will learn as fast as you're going to." Your father takes you in his grasp and swims out far into the lake. "Now I want you to swim." Without so much as a warning he lets go of you and you start to splash around gaining no lift. Within seconds you are sinking into the dark gloomy waters, your eye fixated on your father sitting there idly as you slowly but surly succumb to the darkness that follows.

"Anon? ANON!" you hear Rainbow Dash yell and you are taken from your dark memories.

"Yeah what, what happened?" You say trying to regain your bearings.

"You were just swimming there in place. It was kind of weird so I yelled at you." Rainbow Dash states "so anyways how are YOU going to teach me?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"My own way." You say. "And don't worry I'm right here if you need me OK, I wont let you die that eassly." you say as you look into Rainbow Dashes eyes. Rainbow Dash nods. "OK so how I stay up in the water is I kick my feet back and forth. When I have my hands I use them as well." You state knowing that your teaching sucks ass.

Rainbow Dash nods. "With your arms you push down instead of back and forth. However your legs do the most work." Rainbow Dash once again nods. "OK I'm going to slowly let go of my grip and you tell me when you need some rest OK." Rainbow Dash looks at you with a determined look.

"OK I'm ready." She replies.

You slowly let go of Dash and you can start to feel her kicking her back hooves. You know that ponies overall swim differently then humans but you have no idea how to teach a topic you know nothing about. So human swimming will have to do for now. You're taken from your thoughts when you hear Rainbow Dash yelp and you immediately grab her.

"You OK?" You ask looking over her face to see nothing wrong.

"Yeah. I was just starting to sink." She states with a sheepish expression.

"Well your safe now. Just tell me when you regain your strength?" You ask as Rainbow Dash hugs you and puts her head upon your right shoulder. A couple minutes pass and Dash lifts her head off your shoulder.

"OK I'm ready." She states with a determined look upon her face.

Once again you slowly let her go. This time you're able to fully let go of Dash and she seems to be swimming quite well. Well she is a natural born athlete so I guess it makes sense shes picking up on this so fast. You state in your mind as you hear another yelp that tosses all thoughts out of your mind other then holding onto Dash.

"This is tiring work." Dash replies breathing quite heavily

"Yeah I know, when you first start it may feel like a lot but its not." Dash once again rests for a couple of minutes before giving it another try. You're quite impressed when this time she seems to stay above the water for a full minute before yelping in fear.

"WHY IS THIS SO FUCKIN' HARD!" Rainbow Dash yells in frustration.

"Don't beat yourself up Dash." You say to Rainbow as she once again places her head onto your right shoulder. "This takes time and practice. Some people take weeks to learn how to swim and you're trying to do it within three hours." You state and are rewarded by the feeling of Rainbow Dashes expression raise.

Once again Dash tries to swim but it looks like this time she did worse then before. "I'm taking you back to the shore Dash it looks like you are getting to tired to practice." You state grabbing onto Dash and bringing the both of you over to the shore. To your amazement the people upon the pier were not even surprised to see Rainbow Dash in the water.

Shrugging it off as a good sign you look ever to Rainbow Dash that seems to be shivering. "You hot now Dash." You say earning you a kick to the leg that hurt more then you thought it would. Dash continues to shiver and you pull off your backpack. Wait my backpack was still on my back!

With a *thunk* of the backpack hitting the ground your mood drops. "Fuck." You say as all of the contents of the backpack are probably soaking wet by now. OH SHIT WHAT ABOUT MY PHONE! You state checking your pockets and to your liking there it was in its waterproof case. OH THANK GOD! You think as you open your backpack to assess the damage.

The first item you pull out is your medical and survival kits. Thankfully they are water proof and managed to stay in tacked. However the rest of the stuff in your backpack is completely soaked including your guns. You don't really care to much about your guns as they will work fine once they dry off. You would even say they are safe to fire now but you don't want to risk it.

"W-Wha..t-ts the mat-ter An-non?" Rainbow Dash asks walking up to you shivering.

"Well its actually not that bad now that I look at it. The stuff in my backpack got wet." You say showing her the dripping wet backpack. You still can't believe you did't notice that you had your backpack on the entire time. I guess that I got to use to using it. You state in your mind as you watch Rainbow Dash go through the backpack.

Dashes shivering seems to be getting worse worrying you. Pulling out your medical kit you pull out the gauze and unravel some into a ball. "Dash come here I'm going to dry you off." Without any arguing Dash walks up to you and you start to wipe her face down with the ball of gauze picking up any moisture that is on her cyan fur and rainbow mane.

After a couple of minutes you back off and it seems that Dash has stopped her shivering. "Better?" You ask.

"Yes much better." Rainbow answers.

"Great." You say as you start to repack the contents of the bag that you have pulled out in a rather chaotic fashion. It doesn't take much time before you and Rainbow Dash are ready to head back.

With the problem now solved you and Rainbow Dash make your way to the pier. You don't know how long you have been swimming for but you doubt it was three hours long. You and Dash arrive at the ship that is taking to you to Abu Musa. "Hello anyone here?" you yell into the ship.

"Yeah I'm here." A voice comes out from in the ship. "You are an hour early." He states climbing up to the main deck. "Its a good thing to because I finished up early. We should be out of this harbor in five minutes or less." The man states going up to the control room.

You and Dash hop onto the medium sized fishing boat. "I never caught your name?" You ask as you sit down on the edge of the boat.

"I'm هرج و مرج" The driver says in his language once again flying over your head.

"Do you know what that means in English" You ask in curiosity "By the way I'm Anonymous but you can call me Anon." You're starting to like saying that phrase. It has now become one of the things that distinguishes you from everyone else.

"To be honest I have know idea how to say it in English." The captain states as he grabs the throttle and revs it for a second before a satisfied expression is upon his face. "Looks like we are ready to go. Can you take off the ropes so we can get this show on the road."

Nodding you jump off the boat and take off the ropes that held the boat in place at the harbor. Once you're done you jump back onto the boat and sit back down next to Rainbow Dash. "The ropes are off." You say getting ready for this ten hour trip to Abu Musa.

"Roger that." That captain states as he pushes the throttle slowly up making the boats engine come alive and propel the boat forward. "We will be arriving in Abu Musa in ten hours so make yourself comfortable." The captain states confirming your earlier thoughts. "It's quite amazing how Iran still has there military base setup there"

Wait did he say Iranian Military base. The boat shoves off the harbor and there seems to be no way to turn back without being stuck going the long way to UAE. You have to admit you rather take the long way around then go to a Iranian Military base. You gulp down some air in attempt to calm your nerves as you feel a weight on your left side.

Looking over you can see that Rainbow Dash has decided to take another nap. You get that shes tired after attempting to learn how to swim and if this is a military base that you are entering then she needs all the energy she can get. With the sun now on its way down you to find the darkness and follow it.


“Keeping score of old scores and scars, getting even and one-upping, always makes you less than you are.” - Malcolm S. Forbes

Author's Note:

And here is chapter twelve what does that make this story 90 something k words. TIME WELL SPENT! After the next chapter when we breach 100k I will redo the beginning chapters so people that read this later on wont think that the story is like that all the way through. As per usual if you have any comments comment it if you have any corrections or questions you can PM me or comment it. Lastly thanks for the support. :D