• Member Since 14th Nov, 2013
  • offline last seen Dec 1st, 2023

jkbrony


I love writing and MLP. So....I think I'm in the right place.

E

Following Rarity's creative outbreak, Mayor Mare is just the teeniest bit upset...

Written as a preface to Twilight's Kingdom.

Chapters (1)
Comments ( 8 )

Just wait, kiddo... You are not going to believe what happens in a few weeks time!

I love to read about the (mis)adventures of Twi and co. from the perspective of background characters, as well as how they are affected by the consequences.

Now, I'm no expert in these things, but wouldn't those issues fall to the Chief of Police? Mayors handle stuff like taxes, building, and by-laws, right? While prevention may fall under her jurisdiction too, and she may be responsible for keeping order in times of crisis, those are still only sections of her duty. Near where I live, in Toronto, Mayor Rob Ford is the closest thing to a crisis they're experiencing himself in the fact that he takes crack and is all over the news, but he's doing such a great job with taxes he's managed to stay in office for a year without actually stopping. I'm sorry, I just got really caught up over this one issue through out the whole story.

Poor Mayor Mare, little does she know Ponyville was destine to become the doomed hometown of the heroes of Equestria, it was part of Celestia plan all along! Celestia knew that the return of her sister would usher in a time of upheaval for Equestria, and gave the Apple family the land knowing it was both a perfect location for a town and for the first line of defense against the madness that would engulf Equestria one day.

Poor Mayor Mare.
This is the downside to living in a world thick with destiny. Some ponies just want to do their jobs and lead simple, fruitful lives. Those ponies are doomed to only be the background characters in someone else's story, their own lives and work tossed around like a ping-pong ball in a washing machine so that the heroes have something to fight for.

4367889 First there's the return of a pony thought to be legend, then the living embodiment of chaos takes over, then comes an out of control Everfree Forest, and the icing on the cake, a power hungry cenatur invades and blows up the library. And that's not accounting for such incidents as the "Want It, Need It Spell Fiasco" and Inspired Rarity's "improvements."

Mayor Mare, you need to remember one thing: sometimes nopony can control what happens. Even Celestia and Luna were bested by the Everfree Forest. And on other occasions as well. It's nothing to do with you. Even the demigoddesses who rule your land and control the very heavens have needed others to come to their aid.
Also, I think some of the ex-Element Bearers' newer adventures should boost your confidence. They had to be saved by a group of ponies they didn't know when they entered a distant town ruled by an evil mare names Starlight Glimmer. And we'v recently seen that there are many other ponies, not just Twilight and her friends, who support Ponyville. (There's a reason Bon-Bon's shop closes at odd hours from time to time.)
You are merely part of a big puzzle, no less important than any other. You look after the citizens of Ponyville, and keep them calm and controlled. (Well, as best you can.) Sure, Twilight may be able to fight monsters and save the world, but while she would be a great ruler, maybe you should take a look at your Cutie Marks. Twilight's specialty is magic, but yours... yours is being Mayor of Ponyville.

Login or register to comment