• Published 1st May 2014
  • 1,107 Views, 43 Comments

Left With A Feather - Silver Octave



A husband gone after a laboratory explosion a mare must learn how to take care of a filly who absorbed the soul of a phoenix to live.

  • ...
7
 43
 1,107

Chapter 11: The Real End

Blaze woke up, his head pounding as he felt himself in the grip of something strong. He heard Scootaloo cry out which brought him to the realization that Ender hadn't yet been defeated. It was though it had been all a dream, a rouse, a trick. Around him were the planetcorns, and the elements. They all looked bruised, or broken. Discord was the only one standing, or was he?

He looked down, and saw that Blaze was awake, and grabbed him. Blaze lost the air from the grip Discord held him with as he picked him up. Ender wasn't far behind crushing everything in his path.

"You're okay, good..." Discord said. "You passed out for close to an hour. I had to use a great deal of magic to set a sheild powerful enough to hold Ender back. Are you hurt anywhere?"

Blaze put his hoof to his head and rubbed it slowly. "What happened? How'd I pass out?"

Discord sped up, and looked back. "After the elements used their powers on you you managed to knock out Ended with your sword you made out of thin air. However he recovered quickly, and in five minutes he was after you. I flew in just in time before he touched your heart."

Blaze held his chest tightly, and frowned. "Why is this happening to me? I never ment for this to happen..."

Discord sighed and began to slow down as they approached the castle of the two sisters. "Your friend upset the balance of nature by giving you it's soul." Discord explained as he landed.

"Why are we here? I thought only princess Twilight and the elements were only allowed here?" Blaze asked looking around the ruined castle.

"I needed to take you away from the others before they got worse. They just wouldn't stop fighting. I just don't see how they like you..."

"Same here..."

"Hey! I've changed...for...Fluttershy..."

"You love her or something?" Blaze smiled devilishly.

Discord blushed angerly. "I do not! She's just a friend I care about the most. That Rainbow Dash isn't as nice, and Twilight doesn't trust me. And don't let me get started on Apple Jack..."

"So, what now Discord?"

"Ended won't be able to find us for a short while. Until then I am to protect you until either I'm dead or he's dead."

"So why are you protecting me then? Your life is on the line, yet, you stand to do as you're told?"

Discord frowned. "I don't want to go in that prison again...being stoned for a millennia sounds great, but it ain't. You hear everything but you can't speak, you wish to live, yet you're trapped in stone watching time fly. Dogs piss on you, birds shit on you...princesses mock you....I don't want to go through it again. I was blessed with Fluttershy in helping me see that with friendship, you can truely live." Discord slumped over. "I should have more power, but Celestia doesn't trust me with my full power. If I had it, this would end in a microsecond..."

Blaze Sat down next to the god and smiled. "But could you stay the way you are now with that power? I hear power corrupts the mind."

"It does...see when I was little, Celestia and Luna were my family, and when I defeated a powerful unicorn that threatened the world with his necrodic powers, I absorbed his energy, enhancing my own. I was driven mad, the voices of the dead whispered in my head, and I started to find enjoyment playing with pony's lives." A low rumble shook the ground, and Discord stood up with two balls of purple magic appeared in his paw and claw. "Maybe we can be friends after this ends Blaze Bolt?"

"Yeah!" Blaze said running up next to him. His horn lit up as he smiled. "So as friends, we either win, or die together!"

Discord looked at Blaze with a light, honest smile. "You sure you wish to fight with me?"

"Two are better than one." Blaze smiled as his sword reappeared in the ground next to him.

"I like your blade...where in Equestria did you get it?"

"This sword is made out of the souls of myself, and my father. My father being the blade because his magic is strong, and myself being the hilt because I should only handle myself."

"You are wise then..."

"Blaze Bolt! Where are you?!" Ender's voice echoed.

"Over here you over grown toothless moron!" Blaze mocked. "I'll fight you, and your sister if need be!"

"Calm down Blaze...you musn't get over worked. It'll throw off your aim." Discord hissed.

Blaze's stance became more aggressive and his eyes narrowed. "I've got my mind straight...Which watch it!" Out of the blue that was the sky Luna landed in of them.

"Luna what on earth are you doing here?"

Luna turned around, and Discord had realized it wasn't Luna. What they were looking at was her counter part, Nightmare Moon.

The alicorn smiled evily at Blaze, then at Discord, then back at Blaze Before she relaxed. Once she relaxed Ended was standing over them, his left ear was still regenerating as his right had just finished. His breathing was fast, and blew out of his nose creating a large gust.

"Now would be the time to tell us if you're on our side Nightmare Spirit!" Discord said as a chaotic blade manifested into his claw.

"Friend or foe the God wonders....I am no friend, but not a foe. I've watched this young one from the day he was born, and have seen that he does not deserve to die for something he'd not done. I'll fight, but I do not swear he'll be safe from me."

"Then fight!" Discord said bolting towards Ender.

The God wieved around, dodging magical spears that were thrown at him. One nearly hit Blaze if wasn't for Nightmare. She nodded at him, and Blaze joined. Around him was a dark blue sphere that covered his front while his flank remained unprotected. He slashed Ender's eye, causing the Lord to fall backwards.

The Dark God screamed in pain as his eye began to bleed a dark liquid. Blaze felt a little sick, but he continued to fly around the God, cutting him on his sides. Ender had enough, and threw his fist into the side of Discord. The god of chaos impacted the ground with a loud cry in pain. Blaze flew over to him as Nightmare distracted Ender.

"Are you okay?" Blaze asked, helping Discord up.

"I'll be fine in a minute. Broke a rib, or several..." Discord gasped. "Go help Nightmare, she needs it."

"I'm male asshole!" The spirit shouted in anger as she dodged an attack.

"My apologies..." Discord chuckled. "I didn't know..."

"DIE!" Ender shouted firing a beam of dark energy towards Blaze and Discord.

Blaze flipped around and blocked the attack with his sword, most of it anyways. The unblocked energy hit Blaze in the chest, causing the hybrid to loss his breath. For some reason he felt like he was dying. Looking down he saw a hole in his chest, and his jaw dropped.

He fell to his knees as tears rolled down his face. "No....no....no...S-c-coo-ta-l....o..o..." Blaze fell to the side gasping for air. He cried in pain as he slowly died. However he didn't know why he wasn't dead yet. A hole in his chest would've killed him instantly, yet he was still alive.

Discord jumped in front of Blaze and directed the next blast away towards the castle. Blaze continued to cry in pain as he bled out. "HELP!" He cried over and over. "I...I don't...want....to-to-to-to...die...." His life started to flash before his eyes as he cried.

The first moment was when he moved into Ponyville, it was when things started to turn around for him. His life began to get better, and met his first few friends. The days he'd laughed with them when they failed in getting their cutie marks. The next moment was the day he met his father, he cried, but didn't understand why. That was the day he'd fallen in love with Scootaloo, and that night they'd slept together under a tree near a water fall. Lastly was the day he was arrested for hurting a pony he didn't really hurt. He'd remembered himself as a cat.

Blaze looked down at the hole in his chest again, and saw he was slowly turning gray as Discord screamed in anger and rage.

"YOU HURT FLUTTERSHY! YOU HURT MY FRIENDS! AND MOSTLY YOU HURT BLAZE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!!!!! DIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!" A large purple orb of magic started to hover over his claw. "You pissed me off!" He dropped it over Ender's face.

And as the smoke cleared Blaze was now completely gray, and breaking apart. He held his hoof towards the sky as his last tear glid across his face. Then his body turned to ash. Discord and Nightmare watched as his body decayed into ash, and Discord bowed his head.

Looking back Discord saw Ender struggling to get up. Most of the dark god's body was gone, but his magic was repairing his form. Slowly Discord walked over to his reshaping body with a long frown over his head.

"Any last words Ender?" Discord asked as another ball of energy formed over his head.

"You really shouldn't ask that question when I've got a spear!" Ender threw another spear into Discord's chest, and the ball of energy faded away.

Nightmare began to run towards Ender, but Ender waved his hand and Nightmare diapered, mostly back to the nightmare realm. Ender regenerated his legs first so he could begin to walk towards Blaze's ash pile. The Lord began to chuckle loudly, shaking the ground.

"BLAZE! NO!" Out from the bushes Scootaloo cried as she ran towards the pile of ash. She fell to the ground, crying as Ended stopped laughing to watch the mare cry.

"He is dead, which means my job is done...Ah-hahahaha! Yet, he put up a valiant fight, I must say that. I maybe the Lord of death and shadows, but I have a sense of honor." Ender said turning away.

Right as Ended opened a dark portal the wind began to blow violently. He faced the direction from which it was blowing, and saw the ashes begin to rise. One-by-one the ashes began to take the shape of Blaze. First his body, then his wings, next was his horn, and lastly his color. The body slowly descended to the ground.

"How is that possible!" Ender shouted in rage. He picked up a spear and threw it at Blaze, but it shot in a different direction. Ender continued to throw his spears at Blaze, but none of them hit.

At last Blaze touched the ground, and opened his eyes. He smiled, and looked over at Scootaloo, who was now gazing at him. He leaned in and kissed Scootaloo on the lips. Scootaloo's eyes rolled up, and she fell to the ground, now unconscious. He laughed as he looked over to Ender.

He stepped forward, and a burst of flame rose from the ground. Another step, more fire, another step, and more fire until he was less than two feet away from Ender. He spat on the ground in front of him, and looked Ender in the eye.

"Run..." His voice sounded low, but it echoed in Ender's head. "Run as fast as your legs will carry you."

"Why should I listen to you?" Oh how he'd regretted asking, and not running. Blaze's sword flew into his hoof, and he cut Ender's head clean off.

"That's why..." He said bucking the body and head into the portal. It vanished in the blink of an eye, and Blaze walked over to Discord who was bleeding from his lower chest.

"I...I'm surprised...you could do that." Discord chuckled. "But it seems I am dying, for nothing..."

Blaze shook his head, and cried over the wound. Each tear sizzled on the wound, and it wasn't long before it was gone. Discord held his paw over his wound with his jaw hanging low.

"Phoenix tears eh?" Discord asked. "Are you really a pony or a phoenix Blaze?"

"Both...Now how about we grab Scoots over here, and head back. We've got a story to tell."


"And then I reformed, and sliced his head off." Blaze said triumphantly.

Celestia was just as shocked as the rest of the ponies, and planetcorns. Her eyes where wide, but focused on Blaze and Discord as they told their tale of the fight.

"I must say I'm rather shocked you came back alive Blaze. My parents nearly died trying to fight him." She said.

"And how are the elements?"

"Fluttershy took the most hurt, but she'll be in tip top shape by the end of the year. Luckily her wounds weren't as bad as what happened to you two." Celestia replied.

"How'd?"

"You like her the most don't you Discord?" Celestia asked. "It's not like I didn't know you didn't like the rest of the elements. Twilight still writes to me about you every week in the middle of her reports."

"Can I go check on her?" Discord asked.

"She's in room number 435."

Discord teleported away leaving Celestia with Sunny, Cloudy, and Blaze with the rest of the planetcorns. They continued to talk, and the siblings made peace. It got to a point where Celestia had gifted them with the option to stay in Equestria. They all gladly accepted it, and left as well.


Over the time Celestia sent Blaze home with his mother and his uncle. They celebrated his victory over at Sugar Cube Corner. However as they partied, Blaze stepped out to get some air.

Blaze sighed as he stretched his wings when he heard somepony exit the building. It was Scootaloo, and Blaze had just remembered he'd kissed her before lopping Ender's head off. The mare walked over to him, and sat there, quiet for a few moments. They watched the sunset again, and Scootaloo slid in between Blaze's wing and his body.

"Hey..." She said at last. "So, about the other day, when I thought you were dead, and you kissed me?" She asked.

Blaze sighed. "I...did you hate it?"

Scootaloo shook her head. "No, not really. In fact I sort of enjoyed it. I felt my heart race with energy, and I felt lifted."

It was quiet again, the sun was now almost under the horizon. Sunny watched from the other side of the road behind a house after sneaking around them. She smiled, and walked away.

"My little colt isn't so little anymore..." She cried. "He's a stallion..."

End...Really this time. Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 4 )

4507403 Sorry? I only tried to make a possible honest commentar, it is not like it don´t like it.
I don´t know exactly why they where a bit to strong for my linking, but in the end it turned out quite good. I am sorry if i sounded a bit mean or something like that:twilightblush:

This is a nice ending, it really like what you do with Scoots the most time:scootangel:
I don´t understand how this fanfic don´t get more thumbs up already.:rainbowhuh:
And again i only can think of Scoots and how funny it is that she act that way, but at the same time they are cute. It is just a bit unfamiliar to have a little Hero. And even if the Planetcorns are not my favourite i still like the Fanfic, probably one of my favourite favourite fanfic.:heart:

4509735
The planetcorns were sort of a last minute detail, but when I read the story to my little brother he laughed when I read Pluto's dialogue. Thanks for reading and giving your opinion. As a reader it is your duty to tell me what's right and wrong about my story so that I may improve.

"Ender won't be able to find us for a short while. Until then I am to protect you until either I'm dead or he's dead."

One nearly hit Blaze if it wasn't for Nightmare.

Ender, but Ender waved his hand and Nightmare disappeared,

She fell to the ground, crying as Ender stopped laughing to watch the mare cry.

Right as Ender opened a dark portal the wind began to blow violently.

Her eyes were wide, but focused on Blaze and Discord as they told their tale of the fight.

Login or register to comment