• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 3,120 Views, 33 Comments

Xenophilia: A Lot To Digest - SpinelStride



Spike accidentally gets a taste of meat. Fortunately Lero is living in Ponyville, and with his human background can give Spike some friendly advice. And then... Well. Who knows what might happen?

  • ...
25
 33
 3,120

Buck End

Honeydew stuck her head in through a window. "PONY-EATING MONSTER!" she yelled.

And Lero bucked her in the face.

Comments ( 25 )

I don't even...wow, just wow.

even as a oneshot its extremely short and it could have had more thought put into it. you had a decent premise, could have made a good oneshot from it.:ajsleepy:

Well, that happened...

4303373
In the Xenophilia forums, there's a thread for 'Shotglass One-Shots.' Ideas meant to be brief looks in at alternate possibilities for the Xenophilia universe go there, so they can be collected into the corresponding group story. This one needed the various chapters of its own, but I didn't want to do a serious treatment of Spike discovering the 'meat' side of his omnivorism. If I do that, it probably wouldn't even be a Xenophilia story in the first place. Maybe Spike/Gilda...

4303394 Spilda? Yeah, you Spilda lotta blood there, mate.

It was good blood, though. Damned good blood. :pinkiecrazy:

Ah, I remember this. A delightful bit of silliness. Thank you for making it widely available, Spinel.

I remember this one on the forums. Meat for everyone.

All that's missing is the Scooby-Do ending.

4304579
"Okay, gang! We all know Spike actually has a terrible meat allergy never before mentioned and also it doesn't count those worms he ate, but that means this isn't the real Spike!" Twilight said.

Lero pulled on Spike's head. "Let's see who you really are!"

"Curses! And I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling dweebs and your pet human!" said Gilda.

4304821 this gives me the funny mental image of gilda's disguise being paper thin. Perhaps nothing more than a brown paper bag with a crude drawing of spike's face upon it.

and everyone fell for it.

4306165
I think it just had 'SPIKE' written across the front. And why would a paper bag lie?

4304821

Ha!

Knowing how the good ending went, is this just Gilda's convoluted plan to get Lero to take her on a date without having to do mushy stuff like admitting she likes him?

What did I just read?

It was intersting though!

5003735
You read Spike the Dragon finding out that in addition to plants and gems, he also likes the taste of ponies. So he went to the resident human in Ponyville to talk, omnivore to omnivore!

5004056 :facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof: I was being retorical.

5004467
I find the best response to rhetorical questions is often a literal answer. :pinkiehappy:

I can see this story being exceptionally easy to cross with the "Pony meat" universe...
(For those of you who've never heard of it, Equestrians have a portal to Earth, Humans found ponies were delicious, and so ponies use the Mirror Pool to make pony clones and sell them for food, and/or sex.)

Lero: "Hey, Spike, grab Rarity, a butcher's knife, and the cutting block. Meet me at the Mirror Pool in 15 minutes!" :pinkiecrazy:

5205880 That universe sounds terrible

6075355
Or tasty, if you're a human. (Or an exceptionally unscrupulous pony! :pinkiegasp:)

6075595 I just dont understand why anyone would eat something that they can have sex with.

6077954
Because as creative as the human race is, if we followed that rule we'd all die of starvation.

9942964
I posted that comment nearly half a decade ago but my logic still stands.
When I said something you can have sex with I was talking about intelligent creatures,
yes I know you can technically fuck any animal but you really shouldn't

9943986
I know you were, I was teasing, because you could have sex with a block of tofu.

Login or register to comment