• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 1,083 Views, 175 Comments

Maledictum Insania 3: Rebellion Years - Nero Darkard



Final book in the series. Who will win the demon war?

Comments ( 18 )

Huzzah! Glad to see an update, something to do while I sit around with family today lol, Merry Xmas :twilightsmile:

not the happiest of endings but i guess everyone who read through this story knew the end wouldn't be.

though, without the elements of harmony to help...what'll they do if something like discord comes up again? perhaps there's still an epilogue to come? to show how things might be recovering after all of this?

Great Story I loved it until the end. Thanks for finishing this story.:twilightsmile:

8628316
No. This is the last book in the series. No more chapter, epilogues or anything of that kind will be made. I might be able to answer some questions here and there though.
If you are curious how things turn out... Well Twilight manages to establish democracy in Equestria and she is elected Equestria's first president. Caramel and Applejack start up a new apple farm which they also call Sweet Apple Acres. After several more months, their son Apple Core is born and they do a great job raising him with apple family philosophy. Luna retires from any form of leadership entirely and spends the rest of her mortal days becoming a historian, as she had lived through several thousand years of pony history and writes down as much as she can, while also making sure statues and memorials are made to depict Celestia. Fluttershy returns to taking care of animals and eventually finds a nice stallion. After all she had been through, she has no problems simply walking up to a stallion she liked and asking him out. Things work out well and after about a year, she too becomes pregnant. Candence and Shining Armor return to the Crystal Empire and help rebuild there. The empire remains a monarchy, ruled by both of them. Connections gradually get reestablished and the dragons now permanently have a deep respect for ponies for saving their species.

8628392
Thank you so much for sticking around and reading my entire story. It means a lot to me.

8628504
eh, good enough. :)

I enjoyed reading your story even though it was a bit more grim-dark than what I'm used to. Although I have to say when I read what happened to poor Celestia I immediately wanted to avenge her in ways that would even make Nightmare Moon and the Red Darkness regret their existence...

8630772
Celestia sacrificed herself so that the war would finally end and all the horrible things would finally stop. It was nightmare moon who wanted revenge. Dont get revenge for revenge. Leave it be or Celestia's sacrifice will have been for nothing.

I geuss we beat dark souls theme eh darkard?

Not to be dramatic, but... this has truly been one of the greatest literary experiences I have ever had. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise, this fic series has given me so much inspiration for my own stories, and I only hope others will feel the same. Keep on being amazing.

Purity and sacrifice.

9502888
Thank you very much. At this point, my work has already fallen into obscurity. I havent had a comment in almost a year and i believe hardly anyone still finds and reads this. I spent several years of my life making this. To hear that there are still some who enjoy the fruits of my hard labor means a lot to me.

9503443
No problem, you absolutely deserve all the praise you can get! And trust me; I'll definitely be sharing this around my circle of friends (and probably rereading it too) so hopefully you can get even more fans :twilightsmile:

9503650
I would very much appreciate that.
If you have any questions left about the series, let me know. Ill gladly answer them.

It's the best ending one could think of.

I came back after six months.
I thought a little about what I had read. I thought about what I felt.
In a nutshell.
In the book, the author put the main characters in a situation from which there is no way out. Nightmare Moon had an arbitrarily large amount of power, which she used intelligently.
The do-gooders had no such power, for some reason.
Thus, Equestria was miraculously kept in a situation where any of its inhabitants could go mad and become an unkillable enemy unit.
Unkillable.
For a millennium, however, it held on to the fact that less than a hundred ponies were manually dealing with the issue of ponies transitioning to the afterlife.
Even with a figure of ten thousand dead every day, everyone needs to handle more than a hundred ponies in twenty-four hours. About four ponies an hour.
One pony every fifteen minutes.
That's assuming the unkillable demons is sleep. And under the fantastic assumption that ponies don't suddenly start dying more often.
Thus, throughout the three parts, the author kicks the kitty and describing it in great detail. He giving hope that the kitten can escape and recover.
Eventually, after beating the kitten half to death, he takes it to a vet and then surrenders it to an animal shelter.
???
??
?

11481209
Your feeling are certainly valid. I developed this story over the course of several years and although I tried to make the entire concept as cohesive and logical as possible, I cannot deny that I could not always do this correctly. This book series was literally the first time I have ever written a story of such a huge size and scale. I have received both praise and shame for my work. In the end, all I wanted to do was to get this story out of my head as it was literally the only thing I could think of at that time. No matter if you liked it or not, if you agree with everything happening in it or not, I hope you were still entertained.

11507054
I really liked the work, even if you accept my thoughts about the logic of the world. With your work, you aroused emotions in me, so you are worthy of praise. So yes, even now I think that Maledictum Insania deserves a place in my favorites.

Login or register to comment