• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 11,274 Views, 525 Comments

Dating Of A Godly Variety - RainbowBob



He's the God Emperor of Mankind, and she's Princess Celestia of Equestria. With these two dating, you can expect almost anything to happen. Hopefully Equestria survives their relationship in one piece...

  • ...
30
 525
 11,274

Chapter 3: Peculiar Ponies

“I really must say, these treats are delicious,” the Emperor praised, stuffing another cupcake down his gullet with great haste. His jaws had barely finished consuming its sweet flavor before a new one was thrown in as well, meeting much of the same fate as the first.

Celestia smiled, using her magic to pick up a napkin and wipe away a smudge of icing that was on the God Emperor’s flawless cheek. “Nopony in Equestria can cook a cupcake quite like Pinkie Pie, that’s for sure.”

“And speaking about Pinkie Pie and cupcakes, guess who has the second batch done?” Pinkie appeared between the two, a tray of freshly baked cupcakes balanced precariously on the tip of her nose. “And I added extra sprinkles to this pair, just like you wanted!” Pinkie said, setting the tray down and trotting away with a bounce in her step and hum in her voice.

The God Emperor smirked, already grabbing another delectably sweet, pink cupcake with the claws of his gauntlet armored hand.

“It is interesting how that pink one isn’t terrified at my appearance,” the Emperor said, popping the first cupcake in his mouth. “Thus far every Equestrian I’ve seen other than you and your sister had a look of pure terror in their eyes. But this Pinkie had no such fear.” Chuckling, the Emperor shook his head. “In fact, far from it, she seemed happy.”

“That’s Pinkie Pie for you. From what my student, Twilight Sparkle, has said about the mare, she’s just about the nicest and most friendly pony you’ll ever meet.” Smiling gleefully, Celestia raised a hoof to their private table, covered in assorted sweets and treats all specially made for the two in the colorful bakeshop. “She even got the entire bakery empty just for us to continue our date.”

“That’s mighty generous of her,” the Emperor agreed. “What interests me even more is how you managed to get us here so quickly.”

“It was a simple teleportation spell,” Celestia said, waving her hoof passively. “Really, it was no big deal.”

The Emperor chuckled, licking a stray sprinkle off his lip. “Oh, but it is. You did it all without the Warp or technology. That itself in an accomplishment I thought I’d never bear witness to see.”

“Oh yes, the Warp…” Celestia perked up and looked up to the Emperor’s eyes, her own widening in an adorable manner. “Would it trouble you to tell me about it? I just find everything about your world fascinating.”

The God Emperor’s earlier good cheer disappeared in but a moment, his hand stopping in its descent for the next cupcake. His lips were hard-pressed together, his expression solemn and losing much of its illumination. In fact, his entire form seemed to become dimmer, like a lamp running out of oil.

“The Warp… isn’t a pleasant place,” he said slowly, his honeysuckle voice now gravely and dull.

Alarmed, Celestia reached out and held his monstrously huge hand with a hoof, her own appendage dwarfed by his. “Look, Emperor, I’m sorry if I’ve troubled you. I never meant to.”

Looking down at her, he smiled faintly, nodding his head and patting her hoof gently with a single finger. “I know, Celestia, I know. It is not your fault. It is my own for being trapped in such a dismal place for the better part of ten millenniums.”

“I still can’t believe you were stuck there for over 10,000 years,” Celestia whispered softly, remembering her own experience in the other plane of existence. Just pure, unfiltered chaos, all the time and never ending in its voidless form. And then, those figures in the blackness, filled with such vile darkness and malicious intents she still got a cold sweat just thinking about them. “How did you survive?”

“The answer to that is an even more unpleasant explanation than the Warp.”

Celestia’s head lowered, dejected, her ears drooping down as well. Noticing her disappointment, the Emperor frowned, the usual brightness and good cheer from the princess blotted out like a cloud blocking the sun.

“Look, Celestia, I…” The God Emperor’s usual facade of utmost confidence and sophistication fell apart for just a second. In his eyes, Celestia saw a look of utter terror. Horror and fear stacked up year upon year, century upon century, all adding up to ten of thousands of years in living in complete and utter fright. yet beneath at that was a heart more courageous than Celestia had ever known, brave enough to fight this fear and overcome it, even as it grows more stronger with each day. “We technically just met, and there are many things I have not told you yet because I think it’d be better for us to get to know each other first. In time, yes, I will tell you about the Warp and my experience in it. But now isn’t the right time for it. You understand?”

Celestia nodded. The God Emperor’s eyes once again shined their usual confidence, full of resolved vigor. But Celestia knew there was something deeper to those eyes, and the man that used them.

“Well, if you can’t tell me about the Warp, can you at least explain to me how you managed to die and come back to life again?” Celestia asked, leaning closer over the table. “Is it like the same process of a phoenix? My pet, Philomena, often does this.”

“Wow, so in this world, phoenixes aren’t myths. Who would’ve thought?” The Emperor chuckled dryly under his breath, going back to gorge himself on another cupcake. “In a way, yes, it is like a phoenix. My body reincarnates upon my death. Except this time, it wasn’t supposed to come back. In fact, I was destined to fade away, my spirit lost to the Warp upon my death.”

“But why wasn’t it?” Celestia asked.

The Emperor looked to her, and winked. “That’d be you, my dear.”

“Me?”

He nodded. “Yes. When you granted me the gift of your magic. It not only prolonged my life somewhat, it also granted me the gift of a new life upon my death.”

“But… but how is that possible?” Celestia shook her head slowly, her lips pouted together. “My magic shouldn’t be able to bring someone back to life!”

“Not magic, my dear.” The God Emperor held up his palm, and in the center of it, an orb of golden light began to form. The energy radiating from it was unlike anything Celestia had ever witnessed before.”But something much more different.”

“What is it?” Celestia whispered, leaning closer to stare at the orb of light.

“Psychic energy. One of the most powerful substances in the world.” Closing his hand into a fist to kill the light, the Emperor smiled to her. “Would you like to see more?”

Celestia smiled as well, her horn basking in a golden light much like the one he had just radiated. “Only if you’d like to see a magic show of my own.”

“I’d be glad to,” he agreed.

“What?” Pinkie bellowed from the kitchen, flying through the door at a breakneck speed. “Princess Celestia is gonna do a magic show? I gotta alert the town!” Before either immortal could correct her, Pinkie was off, leaving only a dust cloud behind her.

“This type of event occur often?” the God Emperor asked.

“More often than you’d think.”

Looking back to the tray of cupcakes, the Emperor shrugged and picked up another baked good to consume. “At least the cupcakes make up for it, thankfully.”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update and short chapter, the internet has not been the most agreeable with me as of late.