• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 8,259 Views, 270 Comments

The Zerging of Equestria - Runa



I Went to Comic Con, and became a Zerg when I got those thrice cursed clawed gloves. But I did not have free will before I was turned to stone, so now I have to pay for things that where not my fault at all.

  • ...
37
 270
 8,259

Chapter 7, the beginning of something terrible.

Info:
Vendor: Dark grey
John: Grey

NOTICE: I'm going to try something new. It involves hurling a new human into the mix. And, as such, this chapter will involve the new character, his coming to Equestria. I will need to explain the Mimics from Edge of Tomorrow in order for most of you to understand some of what I will be writing. First are the drones, they are basic troops that need the mimic hive mind in order to function with any coordination at all. Then are the alphas, they operate thousands of drones at once, and are intelligent and sentient. They also have the ability to 'loop'. Looping is going back in time about one day when you die. Other living beings can steal this ability by drinking the alpha's blood as the alpha dies. Then there is the Omega, who is the leader of all the mimics. It is the Omega who is the catalyst for looping. The Omega can operate outside the mimic hive mind, and can isolate its alpha's if need be. If the Omega die's, all mimics in all time streams die. Although in the fanon, it is considered that if there was another Omega, it could mitigate the shock wave and save its mimics. Now I believe that you are ready to continue reading the story. (To those who have watched the movie, I have not watched it. So if I make a mistake, that is the reason.)


John

I looked around, sniffing at the general mess that is humanity. I came to this convention hoping that I could find something faintly appealing, but no such luck. That is, until I saw it. It was a replica of something that was from my favorite movie, Edge of Tomorrow. The replica was a miniature Omega core. I looked at the vendor and almost sneered, but that might make it so that I could not liberate the replica from the nonchalant nobody. I then plastered on a fake smile with great effort, walked up to the vendor and said,

"Hello good sir, may I purchase that fine masterpiece you have there?" to which the vendor replied,

"Which one?" I had not noticed the other objects on the table until then. I replied in a falsely happy tone.

"The miniature Omega core, please."

"That will be seventy bucks." I almost dropped the smile and strangled him, but I held myself in check.

"Here you go!" I handed him the money. He then gave me the replica and, with a sickeningly happy tone, said, "Have a nice day!" I walked away from the horrible man, dropped the smile, and stroked the replica. The replica then started to gently glow. I looked at it with a confused expression. I then heard a voice in my head say, "Goodbye, you spawn of a pig." And I vanished without a trace.


Dahaka

I was directing the swarm like usual, when the multi network started to flicker and buzz strangely. "Prime Directive?"

"Yes?"

"Why is the multi network acting strange?"

"Ah, let me look into it." Prime Directive was silent for about five seconds before it said,

"There is a rift opening over the ocean. It will be fully open in forty seconds."

"Can we use the rift to create a tunnel back to wherever it's coming from?"

"Probably not."

"Why not?"

"Because we either need to get there before it closes, or we need something that's from the other dimension."

"Well, lets intercept it, then."

"The nydus network cannot get there soon enough to be able to catch it when it is open, and any matter that is sent through will most likely be altered so that it's home world is changed."

"How can a home world be changed? Never mind. Send a nydus worm anyway."

"It will be under water."

"Make sure that we have water variants when it arrives then."

"Sending."

"And do you have any idea about what will be coming though?"

"No."


John

I awoke feeling very strange. I couldn't feel my arms, legs, or head. I was drifting. I felt some new limbs that felt a little bit like tentacles. I could not see my surroundings, but I could sense them. It was like a radar, but constant. Apparently, I was underwater, so I made myself stretch. I attached myself to whatever was around me. I then remembered what happened before I came here.

"That fucker!" I tried to scream. But then, something clicked. I cross referenced what I felt like to what the Omega Core looked like, and it matched. If I could, I would have smiled.

"I redact that. Thank you whatever you are for putting me into this situation. Now just tell me how to make Alphas and Drones, Then direct me to the nearest human population, and I will worship you forever." no answer was forthcoming, so I had to think of plausible ways to do it. Eventually I got lucky. I made an alpha by accident when I accidentally severed a small bit of myself off by flailing a tentacle in anger. It hurt, but I could still feel it. I then focused on it and made it grow into an alpha. It was still under my control, but it was not part of me anymore. I knew that it might be possible to directly control it, but I didn't want to right now. It was waiting for me to command it. It felt almost sapient. I decided to give it a command. "Take one step towards me." I commanded it. It did so. Then I just willed it to do the same thing. It took a step."Make a drone!" It did so by cutting a piece of itself off, then commanding it to become a drone. I cackled. "This will be fun." I then began mass production of my mimic army.


Twilight

I was so very VERY close to making a new spell to help Celestia. I knew in the back of my head that Spike would probably be worried when he found me, but I was so CLOSE!

"Twilight, breakfast!"

"Not now Spike!" He walked up the stairs, seeing that I had gotten no sleep that night.

"You should really take a break."

"But I'm almost done!"

"Fine, but I'm not making you coffee until you get some rest." I winced. That was a hard blow, but I would prevail.

"I have to make this spell Spike, it could help Celestia." He just rolled his eyes, and walked back down the stairs. Now that he was gone, I could continue. Weaving my magic in a slightly different way than my previous thousand tries, I failed.

And again.

And again.

Then something happened on this attempt. I was trying to make a spell to shape the ground to my will, but this was interesting. This made a sort of ping. I tried this variation again, it did the same thing. Then I felt a sort of rebound. It made a picture in my head of what was in the ground under me. I then got the second one back, and looked at the pictures that I had made in my head. I gasped at what I had made a picture of. It was some sort of terrible monstrosity. I had to warn everypony! But before I ran to warn everypony, I thought of how this could help Celestia and I squeed! Then I ran.


Dahaka

"Nydus worm has arrived, but water variants are not available yet." Said Prime Directive. I had been meditating on what might have arrived on the pile of rubble that had accumulated from digging.

"Thank you for the info, but work faster on the water variants, please."

"Very well." About ten minutes afterwards the Multi Network flashed once and spat something out. The entirety of my army spun about, trying to see what ever came out, until we saw it. It was a glove with the words 'burn me' sewn into it with red thread, knives attached to each of the fingertips. My army then lost interest, but mine grew.

"Prime Directive?"

"Yes?"

"What is that, exactly?"

"A piece of cloth that has been made into the shape of a human hand. Most likely made out of plant fibers." It said to me in a 'you idiot' tone. I didn't know that Prime Directive knew how to do that.

"No, what does it do?"

"Two possibilities. One, it is only made only to keep a piece of anatomy warm. Two, it is made only to keep a piece of anatomy warm,"

"You already said that" I somewhat rudely said. But it continued,

"And acts like the anchors."

"What?!"

"And acts like our anchors." it repeated.

"I heard you."

"I do not understand."

"I was startled and- you know, lets drop it."

"Unknown reference."

"Never mind. But explain what you meant by 'it acts like our anchor'."

"Simply put, burning it will likely summon something. Most likely a displaced human."

"Okay then." we stopped talking for a minute, then I asked,

"When are the water variants going to be done?"

"In about ten seconds of uninterrupted work."

"Oh." We stopped for ten seconds.

"Done."

"Good, now lets make the Aqua Division."

"Should I label it so?" I still do not know why Prime Directive has some flashes of intuition like this, while some more obvious meanings it totally misses.

"Sure, why not."

"There is in fact a reason why we shouldn't na-"

"Do it."

"Very well."

Author's Note:

I also got a summon from A Nightmare In Equestria! But this will not be the last big thing to happen. I have volunteered Dahaka to help Auric in the war to come. But this will be tempered by the fact that I will be gone for a week. But I will see if I can make another chapter this week. And thanks to Imperium Bedlam for editing once again!