• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 8,259 Views, 270 Comments

The Zerging of Equestria - Runa



I Went to Comic Con, and became a Zerg when I got those thrice cursed clawed gloves. But I did not have free will before I was turned to stone, so now I have to pay for things that where not my fault at all.

  • ...
37
 270
 8,259

Chapter 5.

I had just finished my base, for now. I now had the capacity to make all the units from the game, and a few beside. If I wanted to take this land, probably only the elements could stop me.

"Done." This surprised me.

"What are you done with?"

"Your request for a multi-universal gateway." My jaw nearly dropped.

"You mean, it's possible?"

"You requested this without even knowing if it would work?"

"Well, nothing risked, nothing gained eh?"

"Very well. Here is the Strain." It mentally handed me a blue print.

"Hmm. A variant on the nydus worm that utilizes the leviathans warp capability to the utmost. So instead of just going into warp space, you make a sustainable hole into another universe! But I only see one problem with this."

"What would that be?"

"What about coordinates?"

"There is currently no way to lock on without something from the target universe, or something connected to the system finding its way there, and being activated."

"Why couldn't we just keep the anchor active while it travels?"

"Because then it would just come back here. That is, if it was not in another universe already."

"Start working on a send-able anchor. We will just have to hope that it will be activated by something on the other side."

"Already done." It gave me another blueprint. "I anticipated that you would request it." The anchor was a green, bubbling sphere, that was held in a clear, glass like substance."The only downside is that it can only be activated by someone with at least minor psionic, or magical, abilities."

"Why is that?"

"It needs a catalyst in order to activate."

"Good job on this. I will start the construction of a gateway immediately." Prime Directive demonstrated no sign of pride, that was normal for it. I ordered a drone to morph into the newly designed multi network.


About ten minutes later

"Scouts report that there are intruders inbound." Said Prime Directive, startling me.

"How many?"

"Ten with an Alicornian War Hound, with a group of over a thousand following closely behind."

"Celestia is really trying to zerg rush the Zerg?"

"Apparently so." said Prime Directive with absolutely no sense of humor.

So I started preparing the battlefield. I had planned out my defenses with the knowledge that one, Alicornian War Hounds are absolutely blind to anything but the trail of their quarry while hunting; and two, that ponies have absolutely no sense of how and when to set traps, and by extension, when someone else has set one. Basically, I spammed banelings and burrowed them everywhere. For the Pegasi I made extra hydralisk's. For the Alicornian War Hound, I made an infestor. That was my plan.

"Thank you Occam's Razor!"

"I do not understand."

"That wasn't for you."

"Very well." As I watched the ponies approach, I felt a nag of doubt. Not about the plan, but about killing them.

"Do we still have the essence for the Message Distributor?"

"Yes, we do."

"Let's make one then." The Message Distributor was a structure that let me broadcast messages to any psionic creatures, or anything that could consciously control magic. So I started one, to see if I could deter the attack. Turns out, It took longer to build than I thought. The enemy arrived in the baneling field. I was regretful about the death of the ponies, but I was not going to roll over and die. I had the first batch of banelings come up when the main force was right over them. The army hesitated, and the scouting force pulled farther ahead. Then I had the infestor come up, quickly shoot a neural parasite straight into the skull of the hound, put some fungal growth on the escort ponies, then borrow and return to base.

"The heck is this stuff?" I heard one of the ponies say as I took the Alicornian War Hound. I commanded the Hound to kill, then to come to the Hive. I heard the ponies scream and tasted the warm blood on the hounds tongue. The newly infested always had a way of pulling me into their new-found revelry. I had to shake myself to stop from delving too deeply into the hounds mind.

"I still have a job to do." With that in mind I slaughtered the enemy army with well placed banelings, killing Pegasi that wandered too far from their comrades with hydralisks. They broke formation and ran with a remainder of one hundred and seventy four troops, a staggering loss. Only one thing bothered me about that, it meant that the ponies had great faith in their leader. And one more thing, "Why in the world did Celestia not come?"

Author's Note:

Thanks to ImperiumBedlam for editing, and to all of you wonderful readers! I will probably have the portal opened in the next chapter, if I can ovoid the backlash from avoiding writing for the main six and Celestia for long enough.