• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 8,261 Views, 270 Comments

The Zerging of Equestria - Runa



I Went to Comic Con, and became a Zerg when I got those thrice cursed clawed gloves. But I did not have free will before I was turned to stone, so now I have to pay for things that where not my fault at all.

  • ...
37
 270
 8,261

Chapter 9. More battles, and untrustfull truses.

I was now out of the Regeneration vat, the structure designed by Prime Directive to heal me, thinking about what I could have done better in that last encounter. I had been thinking about this for the better part of an hour when Prime Directive announced,

"I have made a counter to the virus." to which I replyed,

"Great! Now get to studying the samples."

"I would be happy to do so, but the counter only stops new cells from being infected. More work is needed to advance it to a stage in which it could cure a cell."

"So, the counter is almost useless."

"Yes, but it might not take much more to make a true cure."

"Why did you tell me at such an early stage, then?"

"Because the cure might also take years."

"Just incorporate the counter into all the Zerg, just in case the enemy gets creative."

"Very well." I observed as Prime Directive made it so that the swarm could defend themselves against the virus. But then I stiffened as a scout reported that the enemy was emerging near Fillydelphia. Before Prime Directive had made a reaction to this, I had ordered a nydus worm to tunnel near the soon-to be-enemy beachhead.

"All troops! Get ready to move!" I ordered. I knew that I didn't have to say it, but it felt good. We all gathered at the nydus network, waiting for the nydus worm to arrive.

"You should not go." Said Prime Directive. "You were almost killed last time."

"You made modifications to my body, so there will be less risk, and also, I will try to stay behind friendly lines." The part about the modifications was true, I had let Prime Directive alter my form so that I looked allot less like a human,something that I had never let Prime Directive take from me until now, and more like a brood mother. I was just glad it Prime Directive had not made me a female in appearance, or in organs. This had made me more deadly, and gave me more defensive capability.

"Never the less, it is too dangerous for you to go."

"Must I remind you that I am the one in control of this body?"

"No, but-"

"Shut up." There was silence for a couple of seconds, then the nydus worm arrived. "Go!" I commanded. We all streamed through the network, traveling at breakneck speed. But, even then, we almost arrived too late. I looked around through many eyes, observing the battle field. I saw that the Royal guard had almost lost the hastily assembled wall to the enemy. Celestia and Luna were helping to defend the totally encircled city with their almost god like magic. I didn't wait and observe further.

"CHARGE!" I ordered. I also added a subtext that read something like 'don't harm the pony's', just to prevent some friendly fire. I watched my swarm doing my will, going full throttle at the enemy. I was staying behind, but I could still experience the fight. I took full control of an ultralisk, reveling in the strong form. In this way I charged at the nearest enemy, and cut it to pieces with my scythe's. I felt many sharp tentacles stab me, but my armor stopped some of them. But, even then, my form held. I charged again and again at enemy's, getting stabbed all the while. It took a few minutes before the wounds became critical, but by then, I had made my mark on the battle. I returned to by body then, and noticed that the enemy were slowly being pushed back. We could almost connect with the Equestrians now. I now had to meet with the princesses before they decided to preemptively attack us.

"I guess I'm going in." Prime directive stayed silent. So I ordered my swarm to push harder to clear a path to the city. I ran forward, noting the myriad's of zerg corpses that lay thick on the ground like a carpet. I also noted that there were relatively few enemy corpses on the ground. I knew as I ran that we were winning only through shear numbers. And if that we were to destroy this enemy, we needed specialized troops. So before I got to the wall, I told Prime Directive,

"Prime Directive, start making troops that are specialized to destroy this new enemy." I only heard a faint noise in reply, but I felt it working in the back of my head. Then I reached the wall. I then talked out loud for the first time in over a thousand years, "I am the ambassador from the Zerg. Let us discuss terms." I was counting on the fact that they would not recognize me because I looked so different now. The guards lowered their spears, but didn't jab me with them.

"The princesses are engaged right now." said what appeared to be a sergeant.

"That is fine, just take me to where I can meet them later." I replied. the sergeant looked around at his unit, not sure what to do.

"I will get my superior. Wait here."

"I will." I saw him signal to his unit before he left, probably telling them to kill me if I moved any closer. So I waited until the sergeant came back with what looked like a Lieutenant. "Hello, may I ask for your name?" I said with much politeness despite the glare that I was receiving.

"That is none of your business. I have been ordered against my better judgement to take you into the city to meet with the princesses after the battle."

"I am much obliged."

"Just know that if you do ANYTHING suspicious, I will kill you without a second thought."

"I understand." As the Lieutenant grumbled, the members of the unit made a small hole that was barely big enough for me to squeeze through. And as I went through, it trembled as if it where trying to fall down. I was not comforted by the barely holding auras of the unicorns. But, I got through.

"Follow." said the Lieutenant. he had a small task force break off of the unit to act as an 'escort'. I followed him though streets of cowering people, who often mistook me for a captured enemy and hurled anything to hand at me. My 'escort' did nothing to stop this. But, eventually, I got to the City Hall. I followed the Lieutenant into the grand structure that was now half hospital. I was led to the admin section and the Lieutenant left, leaving the 'escort'. I took this time to turn my attention back to the battle to direct my troops. And, about an hour later, we won. I opened my eyes to see that Celestia was coming though the door.

"Ah, you must be Celestia." I said.

"Yes, and what is your name?" I had already decided on an alias.

"Zagara. I have come to discus terms for a truse, and if possible, a lasting peace." Celestia raised an eyebrow at that.

"I would think Dahaka would want to destroy all of us. He certainly didn't show mercy last time."

"But he was defeated last time. And let us say that he has had... a change of heart."

"Your first reason was acceptable. But I find it hard to believe that a creature such as Dahaka could have a change of heart."

"You have to agree that he has helped you now. If he has not had a change of heart, then why has he not attempted to destroy this city yet?"

"Good point. Well, I think we should begin negotiations now."

"Yes." In the end, in return for a truse, I had to revival the location of my base and pomise that we would not attack Equestria. But I also got a promise of clemency for myself. The looks on their faces when I told them that I was really Dahaka when I was leaving was worth a pile of gold. So now the Zerg and the Equestrians have a uneasy alliance against the enemy, who we have named the Slitherers.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the end, but I needed to get this chapter done. And also apology's to Imperium Bedlam for not giving him time to edit the chapter before hand. Also, thanks to all the 86 people how have liked my story! You guys are the best.