• Published 24th Apr 2014
  • 1,585 Views, 81 Comments

Return of the Element Pony Rangers - Shazam 25



Five Months pass since Nightmare Moon was defeated, but a new evil arrive to take her place. It time for the Element Rangers to return.

  • ...
2
 81
 1,585

Lost of Green Part 1

Five months pass since the defeat of Nightmare Moon. Luna was still recovering from her time as Nightmare Moon and decide to stay away from other ponies for the time being. Some ponies welcome her heartwarming back and some was still a little weary around her. If also been five months since the Element Rangers was last seen. Nopony knew that the Rangers were just six normal ponies enjoying the peace that came the past five months. They still kept up their training incase a new threat arrive to take over Equestria. But what they didn't know that a new threat will appear and take one of the rangers down, weaken the team. As well as a team of Evil Rangers.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let started with the main villain for this season, Discord.

It was night outside and the night guards was patrolling the royal garden. Two shadows move across the garden as one night guard stop to look around missing them completely because they were right behind him. The two shadows made it to a statue that was mix with different animal parts.

"So what are we doing here again?" One shadow ask.

"We are here because of this statue." The other answer.

"What so special about this statue?" The first ask again.

"Because this statue is the God of Chaos and Disharmony. It say that before Luna became Nightmare Moon, both Princesses fought this god and beat him with the elements long ago." The second shadow told his partner.

The first shadow pull him away and quietly said, "Are you crazy?! I heard the stories! That god name was Discord and he made Equestria fall under Chaos and Disharmony. But I know it no tale, it was real. The princesses use the elements to turn him into stone. It says that one day he'll break free and try again to bring chaos and disharmony to Equestria again."

"You been reading too many stories. We're just take this statue and sell to the highest pony that wants it." The second shadow said and started to walk to the statue again.

The first jump on him to stop him and they started to fight. Unknowing that they miss two things, one, a crack started to appear and two, their sound of fight alerted the castle guards. They kept fighting until they heard, "HALT!" They both look up and saw the castle guards. Then the heard what sound like cracking, then laughing. They all turn to see the statue was gone but left behind some pieces. The first shadow turn to the second and growl at him, he never agree to this plan in the first place and now Equestria was in danger once more.


In a land hidden from the rest of Equestria, the creature known as Discord appear with a snap of his fingers. He look over his fun and chaos home. The grass was in checker boards, the sky was pink with cotton candy clouds that rain chocolate milk a few buildings floated in the air and many other thing that he found fun.

"Ah, home. Just the way I left it. It been over 1,000 years since I seen this place." He said and made a empty glass cup appear and got some Chocolate Milk. He drank it only for the glass to disappear. He look at it and laugh. How he miss all the chaos he cause. He threw the chocolate away and it explode behind him. He snap his fingers again and appear in his own throne room. He was soon welcome by a Putty. However this Putty was different then the Pony Putties, this one was grey like the ones before but it had a body armor on it and a 'C' on it. This Putty is call a Chaos Putty.

"Ah, so you all still here? Well then you did a great job of taking care of my home. So tell me what has happen during my time as a statue?" Discord ask.

Another Chaos Putty walk up to him holding a newspaper. Discord knew the best way to figure out what happen was to read the paper. He pick to up and started to read it. He read about the united Princesses and guess something has happen to them in the past, he read about a new store that was build not too long ago, but there was one thing that caught his eyes.

It been five months since the Element Rangers was last seen. Many question their where abouts, but some agree that they need a long break after fighting Nightmare Moon for a long time. Plus the former minions of Nightmare Moon has stated in order for ponies to get use to them, they will travel Equestria to see what has change and hope one day to show that they too have reform and thank the Element Rangers for their help. Whoever and wherever the Element Rangers are, we thank them from the bottom of our hearts and hope one day to see them again.

Discord saw the picture of the Element Rangers and was quite surprise. He spotted the Element of Loyalty, Kindness, Honestly, Laughter, and Generosity. There was one that surprise him the most. There on the Green Ranger sat one of the Thunder Coins!

"Well, well, well, I see one of my Thunder Coins has been found. I must be thankful towards that ranger, now to get it back." Discord said and snap his fingers hoping the Thunder Coin will appear in his hand, but it didn't appear.

"Huh?" Discord ask confuse and snap his fingers again. Still no Thunder Coin.

He try it an third time and it still didn't appear.

"Blast it! It appear that it grown attract to it user. That means I have to drain the power form the coin in order to get it back." Discord said knowing that was the only reason.

He stood up and snap his finger again to bring up a telescope and started to look for the user. He could feel the power but couldn't find it because the Elements Powers was in the way. But he was able to narrow it down to a small village call Ponyville. He move away and begin to think to himself.

"It appears I been gone longer then I thought. If the Thunder Coin is in that village then I guess I'll have to pay it a visit.", He said then turn to his Chaos Putties, "Come along my good soldiers, we are going on a field trip."


Meanwhile in Ponyville, Twilight has spend the past five months trying to figure out the Thunder Coin. Like, why it work for Lighting Dust at first then for her. Where did the Coin come from and why did others say it was fill with Chaos energy. Every time she look at the Thunder Coin it rises more questions. She decide to take a break and head to Sugarcube Corner to met up with her friends. She put the Thunder Coin away and headed off.

She got there and enter just to heard that Snip and Snails had a plan to discover who the Element Rangers really are.

"Ok, this plan is perfect. It took months to come up with plans, but now we got away to discover who the Element Rangers are." Snip said getting everypony to turn to them.

"Sure ya do." Apple Bloom said, rolling her eyes.

"Hey, we work hard on this!" Snails said.

"Anyway, we know that the Element Rangers doesn't show up unless there trouble so we'll be waiting when the trouble does show up." Snip told them.

"Trust us when we say that won't work." Scootaloo spoke up.

"We try to watch the Element Rangers fight once and we were almost caught up in the fight if it wasn't for Twilight." Sweetie Belle said.

"Yeah so? We going to be sneaky, like ninjas." Snip said and both he and Snails started to pretend to be Ninjas.

However, Snails trip over his tail and crash into Snip and they both landed in the trash can head first at the same time. Everypony started to laugh as they climb out. Twilight shook her head and walk up to her friends. Pinkie was laughing like crazy as the other smile and shook their heads.

"Hey girls." She said sitting down at the table.

"Howdy Twi." Applejack said back.

"So what bring you back to the land of living?" Rainbow ask.

"Very funny Rainbow Dash.", Twilight said rolling her eyes, "I was actually looking over the Thunder Coin, but I can't find any answer to why it works for Lighting Dust at first then to me. Every time I get close to answering one question, more just keep coming."

"Oh Twilight, I know you been wondering about the coin ever since you got it but maybe those question are better left unanswered." Fluttershy told her.

"I'm started to think that but I can't get them out. I have to know!" Twilight nearly shouted if her friends didn't cover her mouth.

After making sure no pony was looking they remove their hooves and Twilight said, "Thanks girls."

"Anytime darling, just glad we were able to stop you from shouting." Rarity said knowing that she didn't to shout.

Before more could be talk about the Thunder Coin a scream was heard outside. The Mane Six stood up and nods. They ran outside and saw the Putties. But they notices that these ones has grey body armor and a 'C' on their chest.

"Are those Putties?" Fluttershy ask.

"I think so, but we can worry about that later. We got to stop them." Rainbow said and the rest nods.

Rainbow flew to one Putty and punch it away before blocking another. She kick it away and turn to punch another. She flip back as two Putties try to punch her. Rainbow spotted another Putty coming at her and quickly kick it. She started to block two putties at the same time but was able to over power her and land a punch that knock her back.

Applejack jump kick one putty before bucking two putties behind her. She threw an punch at another putty who block it and threw one back. Applejack block it attack and kick it away. She turn to see a putty land a punch on her, but she flip back to her hooves and kick another one away.

Rarity flip towards one putty before kicking it away. She turn and punch another that charge at her and block another right behind it. She kick it away as well and sweep kick two putties that try to punch her. Rarity stood back up only for two Putties to grab her but she teleport out of their hooves. Normally, Rarity would be tired after using magic because she don't use it a lot but she been training with Twilight so she can use magic more easily. She jump in the air and spit kick both of them.

Fluttershy duck under one Putty and threw a uppercut that knock it into another Putty. She block another Putty before one grab her form behind. Fluttershy quickly elbow the putty and kick the other one back. She turn to be punch in the face and then kick to the ground.

Pinkie flip over one and buck it before block another. She punch it away and kick another. Three charge at her and try punch her but Pinkie disappear and reappear behind them and kick them in their backs. She turn for one Putty to land a punch on her before it side kick her away.

Twilight block one putty and kick another that got close. She duck under one and punch it before flipping away from another punch. She started to block two putties at once, but like Rainbow Dash, she was over power and knock away.

The Mane Six regroup and saw that the Putties numbers didn't decrease.

"Ok, I got to say these are no normal Putties and there no way these Putties are Nightmare Moon's." Rainbow said looking at them.

"We need to take up a level." Twilight said and the rest nods.

"IT MORPHIN' TIME!"

"GENEROSITY!"

"LAUGHTER!"

"HONESTY!"

"KINDNESS!"

"LOYALTY!"

"THUNDER!"

The rangers charge into battle once more and started to fight the Putties. With their added power they were able to take the Putties down but the numbers still didn't decrease. Above the battle Discord watch the Element Rangers fight and was quite surprise to see who the Element Rangers were.

"I can't believe it. Those six mares are the Element Rangers and that purple unicorn has the Thunder Coin?", He ask, "I'll have to keep an eye on that one."

Back at the fight, Twilight just knock down another putty before her coin started to act up.

"Agh!", She shouted and fell to the ground, "what going on with my powers?"

One Putty notices Twilight was down and ran to attack her. The others nods and shouted to her.

"TWILIGHT, LOOK OUT!"

Twilight try to move, but something was wrong with her body. Before the Putty got closer, an beam hit the 'C' on it chest and it broke apart. Twilight soon saw Princess Celestia standing next to her ready to defend her as if Celestia was a mother watch over her foal.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight said in surprise.

"Rangers, these are no normal Putties! You must hit the 'C' on their chest to beat them!" Celestia told them.

The others rangers look confuse before giving it try.

Rainbow duck under one putty and punch the 'C' on it chest and watch as it fell apart. She turn to kick another one on the chest and it too fell apart. Fluttershy duck under one before sweeping kicking it to the ground and quickly hit the 'C' on the chest. Applejack block two putties and hit their 'C's and buck behind her hitting two more on the 'C's. Rarity flip over one and kick the Putty on the 'C'. She turn and punch the one she flip over and both of them fell apart. Pinkie dodge two putties at the same time and hit the 'C's on their chest when she found a opening. Celestia, who as deal with this putties in the past, fire a beam hitting one putty on the chest and punch another before blocking one more. She hit the 'C' and turn to Twilight who was still having trouble getting up.

She use a spell to make Twilight power relax and she got up. Thanks to Celestia telling them about their weakness, the Putties were down in no time. The rest ran up to Celestia and bow.

"Princess, how did you know where to hit?" Twilight ask.

"Because I fought these Putties in the past." She answer.

"You did?" Fluttershy ask surprise.

"Yes, Long ago before Luna become Nightmare Moon, We were fighting a evil that was every powerful and we almost lost. We where fighting an evil know as Discord, the God of Chaos and Disharmony. Those Putties you fought are his own call Chaos Putties. They are strong then the normal Putties but they show a huge weakness. Hit the 'C' on their chest and they will be defeated. But seeing that they are here means..." Celestia explain before a voice over spoke her.

"I been freed.", Discord said as he appear, "It good to see you too Celestia, I must say a lot has charge over the past 1,000 years, don't you agree?"

"How did you escape Discord?" Celestia ask him, ready to fight if she need too.

"Well, it just so happen that two shadow ponies snuck in the royal garden and was plan on selling me, however, one of them hear about our fight and try to stop the other, however, their fight cause me to be free. So I want back home and try to catch up on what I miss." Discord explain as he held up some popcorn.

"Where did that come from? I get Pinkie doing that but what up with him?" Rainbow ask.

"Didn't Celestia tell you?", Discord said as he appear on Rainbow shoulder only a lot smaller, "I'm the god of Chaos and Disharmony, I can do anything I please."

"Wow, not even I can do that." Pinkie said surprise.

"Well, I sure we'll get a chance to know each other, but there a reason why I'm here." Discord said as he turn back to normal.

He place his lion paw around Twilight and said, "And I would like to thank this unicorn for holding on to it for me."

They were all quickly to realize what he was after. Twilight teleport away from Discord and reappear near her friends.

"Don't count on it! I'll never give up my powers." Twilight said ready to fight.

"Yeah, Nightmare Moon has already try and fail to get the Green Ranger power. What make you thank you can get it?" Pinkie ask.

"Actually, I could easily get it with the snap of my fingers but it appears that it grow attract to her and I'm going to have to take it power in order to get it back, of course it wouldn't be fun to take all the power at once. So I'll leave a monster to take care of that." Discord explain and snap his fingers.

Soon a rose appear in front of them before Discord's magic took it hold on it. The Rose grew and soon had hands and feet and an single eye in the middle of the rose

"Roses are red and Violets are blue, It time to say good bye to you!" It said and shot vines with thrones on it hitting each ranger.

"Well, while they have having fun, like say we spend time catching up." Discord said and turn to Celestia and block a beam.

"Gladly!" Celestia said and charge at him.

The rangers recover and charge at the Rose Monster and try to land some hits. Rainbow threw a kick and it block and use it vines to knock her away. Fluttershy try to attack from the air and was grab. The Rose monster spotted Applejack running at and threw Fluttershy into her. It dodge Rarity attacks before shooting petals at her and knock her away. Twilight pull out her Thunder Dragger and was able to get some hits on it but fail to notices that two vine come up from the ground behind her and war around her.

Twilight struggle to get out as the Rose Monster laugh.

"Riddle me this and Riddle me that, now your power are gone like a cat!" It said and started to drain Twilight powers.

Rainbow was quick to see what was happen and quickly ran over to help.

"Element Sword!" She said and cut the vines, freeing her.

"Thanks Rainbow. I could feel my powers be drain." Twilight said.

"And we'll make sure you don't lose them." Rainbow said and help her up.

The others regroup and drew their Element Weapons. They charge again and was able to land some hits on it before they where knock away.

"Element Bow!" Pinkie shouted and shot a few arrows that knock it back.

It recover only to see Rarity jump in the air with her Element weapon ready.

"Element Ax!" She shouted and brought it down knock the Rose monster off it feet.

It stood up and saw Applejack and Fluttershy rush at it. It shot out it vines, but kept missing them.

"Element Draggers! Element Lance!" They shouted and slash it when they got close.

Twilight ran up and started to slash it with her Dragger, but felt weak after the attack was done. She flip away to dodge move vines as Rainbow come at it and slash it with her Element Sword.

"This can not be! You can't beat me!" It said as it stood up.

"Don't count ya chickens before they hatch." Applejack told it.

"We are the Element Pony Rangers! And we will stop you!" Fluttershy said.

"Ok rangers, let put them together!" Rainbow said as they each ready their weapons.

"Element Ax!" Rarity shouted flipping it around and move the handle to the base before throwing it in the air.

"Element Bow!" Pinkie shouted flipping her bow around before throwing it in the air and it combine with the Element Ax.

"Element Lance!" Applejack shouted and spit the lance in half before throwing them to combine at the end of the bow.

"Element Draggers" Fluttershy shouted and flip her before throwing them. They went right next to the lances half's.

"Element Sword!" Rainbow shouted and jump up and grab the Element Ax before placing the Element Sword on top.

Rainbow land on the ground and aim at the Rose Monster. The others place their hooves on Rainbow's shoulders.

"ELEMENT CANNON! READY!" They shouted.

Twilight place her hoof on Rainbow and added, "With the power of Thunder!"

"What?!" It shouted in surprise.

"FIRE!" The rangers shouted and fire the Element Cannon.

The attack hit and the Rose Monster scream.

"Oh, I'm beaten by strangers, no they're rangers!" It said and hit the ground and erupted in a glorious explosion.

"Alright!" They shouted but Twilight notices something.

"I don't have any of my lost powers back." She said.

"Huh? You sure?" Rainbow ask.

Twilight nods and wonder why she didn't get her lost power back like the last time she had her powers drain.

The Solar Princess and the Lord of Chaos was still fighting. Celestia fire another beam and Discord snap his fingers to make a cotton candy cloud appear and take the hit. They both took to the skies after Discord agree to not to get any ponies hurt in their battle. They both been using their magic and was started to get tried. Discord knew he was one of the many that can keep up with Celestia and actually make her tried. She heard the explosion and turn to see his monster destroy but felt the Thunder Coin lose some of it power.

"Well. well. Looks like the Rangers are stronger then I thought. Well, time to see what else they can do." He said and snap his fingers.

Discord magic surround the pieces and the pieces started to form back together and grew.

"The rose blooms again and now to grain a win!" It said.

The Rangers back up before the they raise their hooves to the sky.

"WE NEED DINOZORD POWER NOW!" They shouted.

Twilight took her Thunder Dragger and play the tune to summon the Dragonzord.

The Zords ran into battle and the rangers jump in.

WE NEED MEGAZORD POWER NOW!" They shouted again and the zords combine into the Megazord.

The Dragonzord stood next to it and Discord was a bit surprise.

"That odd, I don't recall the Thunder Coin having that zord.", He said before dodge a blast, "oh right, forget I was in a middle of my own fight."

The Megazord when in to punch the Rose monster but it dodge and kick it back. The Dragonzord walk up and try to slash it a few times. The Rose monster dodge the attack before try to it kick which the Dragonzord block before a vine shot out and warp around it.

"Agh, I'm stuck! Girls, help before it drains more of my power!" Twilight call out.

"WE NEED THE POWER SWORD NOW!" They shouted and the huge double-edge sword descended from the heavens and the Megazord grab it.

The Megazord walk up and swing it sword cutting the vine and freed the Dragonzord.

"Ouch! My lovey vines!" The rose monster said.

"Ok, I may care about myself at time but this thing is annoy!" Rarity said started to hate the monster.

"Then let finish this thing." Rainbow Dash said.

The Megazord held up it sword as lighting power it up.

"FINAL SLASH!" The Rangers shouted as the Megazord slash the rose monster.

"What?! Cut from the garden again!" It shouted and once more erupted in a glorious explosion.

"My little Ponies, Victory is ours!" Rainbow said as the Megazord relax.

Back at the other fight Discord notices that his monster has fallen and knew he couldn't stay long his power were weak and he was already tried from fighting Celestia.

"I will say it been fun Celestia, but I can tell we both need to recover if we both want to rule our lands, so until then, ta, ta." He said and snap his fingers.

Celestia was a relief that Discord was gone, her magic was weak and she knew that the battles ahead was going to get tougher.


The rangers were at the Command Center under Canterlot and Celestia was scanning the Thunder Coin with her own magic. Luna was helping because Celestia magic was still weak.

"You should as call for me sister, Discord couldn't handle both of us." Luna said.

"I know, but you're recovering from your past." Celestia said.

"So want with the Coin?" Rainbow ask.

"As Twilight has been told before, the Thunder Coin runs on Chaos Energy." Celestia said as she give the Thunder Coin back to Twilight.

"And because Discord monsters runs off of Chaos Energy it able to hold the power unlike Nightmare Moon monsters which can use, but not hold it." Luna said.

"So Twilight it best for you to be careful around Discord monsters in the future." Celestia said.

"And don't worry Twilight, we'll make sure Discord won't steal any more of your power." Rainbow added.

"Thanks girls. I will help stop Discord and save Equestria like before." Twilight said knowing that a new danger was waiting for them.

A new threat and new Monsters. The rangers has a lot head of them but as long as they got each other they can over came anything, but can Twilight hold on to her green ranger powers?

To be continue...

Author's Note:

The start of Season Two, Discord was release the same away as the Return of Harmony Part one. So you know this is a five part chapter and each of Discord Monsters take about 25% of Twilight Green Ranger Powers. You might also notices that the Chaos Putties are just like the Putties from the season of the MMPR but replace the 'Z' for Zed with a 'C' for Chaos. Twilight lost 25% of her power but she won't feel weak until she loses the next 25%. Don't worry about how fast Twilight loses her power in the five chapters, I'll work something out.