• Published 30th Apr 2014
  • 13,908 Views, 358 Comments

Never The Final Word (Vol. 1) - horizon



An open anthology of brief continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
11
 358
 13,908

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight's Choice (KitsuneRisu's "Oh, News")

Author's Note:

[Romance] [Random] [Comedy]

This is a pony reinterpretation of a news story mentioned in KitsuneRisu's blog post "Oh, News": "Man’s girlfriend and ex-partner jump into river to see who he’ll rescue".

NEWS STORY SUMMARY: A Chinese man was caught in a dispute between his ex wanting him back and his current girlfriend upset at the contact with his ex, so he arranged a meeting in a riverside park to let the three of them talk it out. But his ex jumped in the river to see if he would save her, and then his girlfriend also jumped in, to see which one of them he would save. (He chose the girlfriend, and called his brother to come get his ex.)

"I must admit," Luna said, wringing out her mane, "that did not entirely proceed as expected."

Celestia picked a piece of pondweed off her head and shook some water out of her wings. "True. We're no closer to learning which one of us Twilight is secretly in love with."

"We did, however, learn that she cares sufficiently to ensure our safety before departing."

Celestia nodded solemnly. "And that when she panics, she gets very good at lateral thinking."

Luna nodded. "That was quite a feat of magic." She stepped carefully up the muddy riverbank to the park, and examined the scorch marks in the grass where Twilight had been standing before her flustered departure.

A smile flitted past Celestia's lips. "She is the princess of it." The smile fell away from her muzzle as she looked toward the Canterlot Lower Business District, and she let out a long sigh. "Public relations, however ..."

"They have insurance. They will most likely take a bigger profit on their merchandise than if they had sold it. If any still complain, simply tell them that complacency does the soul no favors."

Celestia did laugh, then. "That advice is very you, sister."

"Thank you, I think." Luna touched a wet hoof to her sister's shoulder. "Shall I contact the weather team to re-divert the river back to its proper course?"

"No," Celestia said. "The least we can do is fix that ourselves."

PreviousChapters Next