• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 16,080 Views, 129 Comments

Operation: Supernova - Eternal Aviator



Pony kind has crossed the line. It's time to take things up a level.

  • ...
55
 129
 16,080

Destroy the Order

Operation: Supernova
0600 hours

The light rain did little to impede me or my partner's steady progress or even distract us at that as we moved low in a crouch through the damp shrubbery. Our mission was clear, our minds set, our bodies focused. We couldn't have been far from our objective point now. Operation Supernova by now was in full effect, and my partner and I were the only people needed for it. Our ghillie suits were so well camouflaged for our surroundings it would've been very hard to see my spotter if he wasn't moving even though he was right behind me.

Only after about another two minutes of sneaking through the woods, we emerged on our mark--a high peak on a small mountainside covered in trees. The mountain we were on neighbored that which supported the great city known as Canterlot. Even with my objective in mind and knowing full well what we were sent here to do, the distant sight was magnificent. Every detail seemed to stand out in some unavoidable way, and the lights gave it a celestial effect in the very early-morning.

I laid down on in a spot next to a large bush, and my spotter joined next to me, taking out his high-powered rangefinder and dialing it in. I reached for my back and brought fourth my camouflaged CheyTac M200 Intervention and got comfortable. Meanwhile my spotter went for his radio and quietly called to our supervisor, code named Castle. Our call sign was Javelin. After a few seconds of waiting, we got the go for our real mission. My spotter took a look through the rangefinder and fed me adjustments for my scope. Lucky for us there was absolutely no wind. Apparently those weather crews were unaware of our intent.

Another few moments later I saw what we were looking for; Operation: Supernova walked onto one of the tallest balconies and looked up towards the sky before the long appendage on its head glowed. This was my mark. I chambered a round, flipped the safety off, carefully took aim, and grazed my finger over the trigger.

You're probably wondering by now why I was going to assassinate an HVT (high value target), like the being of Princess Celestia. Well it's a long story, but that's exactly why I'm sitting here with plenty of time on my hands. Great detail is required so that's exactly what I'm going to make sure of. Man... It was a shitstorm to say the least. We had been in this place, Equestria I think it was, for... pst, I don't know, little under a year? Heh heh heh, let's just say the locals were very eager about our presence and that we weren't hostile aliens, but a few months after our first command post was set up, hospitality between our races dropped like the Hindenburg.

Three months, twenty-one days earlier

For it being the middle of July the weather was surprisingly endurable. Usually it was a good ninety to a hundred degrees outside, but now it felt like a mid-spring afternoon--warm but cool at the same time. I was standing guard in one of six watchtowers near the outside of our foreign base, my slightly battle-worn and extremely reliable M39 MOD 0 in hand. Our base was named Castle E, for extra terrestrial. Even though part of my career in the Navy as a marksmen put me in plenty of guard posts in bases around the world, this just felt so fucking weird, being on a planet that wasn't actually Earth itself. I would tell you how Earth came to find out about, and travel to this place, but that's classified beyond classified. Literally the only people that know any of the details is the President himself and the Secretary of Defense, as well as the people who proposed and executed the project itself obviously.

So back to me being in the watch tower, forgive me, I was getting off subject. The base was set up in a large clearing near what we heard was called the Everfree forest, an apparently very dangerous place to the local populace. The side of the base I was on faced to forest so the other guard tower man and myself had to keep a very watchful eye for anything out of the ordinary. It didn't happen very often, but every now and then some mythological creature would come too close for comfort and we'd have to put it down. Precautionary measures were mandatory. We actually had a decently sized laboratory building in the base for studying them after we killed them.

However, on this day I'm talking about, something happened that would strike worrying thoughts to us and the government. It was approximately 1300 hours and I was at my post as usual, when I caught movement to my two o' clock. I turned and trained my rifle towards it and looked through my 7x FLIR (Forward Looking Infra-Red) scope. When the movement stopped momentarily I inhaled and reported the situation to the H.Q. building. They told me to proceed with caution as usual. Just when I was about to turn away a grey-ish pony with a green mane & tail stamped out of the shrubbery. This part I remember word for word. Here's how it went...

It was a male, that much was for sure from its voice as it yelled angrily at me (or just the whole base in general if you want to look at it that way...).
"Who do you gorillas think you are, marching onto our precious land and setting up your kingdom as you wish?!" He yelled, now aimed at me.
"Hey! Hey, hey hey!! Sir, you need to turn around now and leave; this is a restricted area!" I ordered as I heard my partner on the opposite tower reporting in over the radio.
"Restricted my ass! I oughta' wreck this little excuse for a castle right now!" He replied, and at this time I noticed he was a unicorn.
"Sir, leave now! You will be fired upon if you do not comply!!" The other guard shouted.
Then in about one and a half seconds, shit hit the fan. The unicorn fired a small bolt of magic which struck just below the opening of the guard's tower, leaving a black burn mark. Me, having already been aiming at the pony, dropped him before the other guard even registered he had been fired upon, with a 7.62x51mm bullet to the front on his cranium.

As soon as Celestia got wind of the incident she was livid. She sent warning after warning, and soon they turned to threats. Eventually tired of it, the chief in command of the base and his second-in-command arranged a press conference to try and smooth things out. The thing that really started this eve-of-war deal though was when a report came in that both chiefs went missing, last seen heading into the castle. Now it was our turn to be furious. We try to apologize and they capture and most likely kill our chiefs? Fucking unbelievable. Now under our third-in-command, we launched a small covert team, Marine Recon I think it was, to rescue our potential hostages. It just goes to show how brave these guys are; rushing into a now hostile complex the size of a city and crawling with guards to rescue two men who might not even be alive... I'm proud of our military, to say the least.

I'm also proud of the fact our guys were able to bring both chiefs back to base where they assumed rightful command again, and his orders were firm.

If they want a war, we'll give them a war.

After about three months of planning by them and the rest of the government, a verdict was found. A very precise and hard-hitting operation, codenamed Supernova was to commence in exactly four weeks. No later.

About two weeks after the operation was confirmed, and the men required hand picked by the Secretary of Defense himself, something happened that we did not expect at all.

Fifteen days earlier

This wasn't going well.
"You are in a restricted area! Turn back now are you will be fired upon!" I nearly screamed at the large crowd of ponies in armor massing at the edge of the clearing, who weren't moving.
After a moment I spoke to the guard in the other guard tower over the radio.
"I suggest we fire off a couple warning shots." I said sternly.
"I hear ya. I'll take left side you take right. Three rounds sound good?" He replied, and I could see him with his Modified SR-25 DMR still aimed at them.
"Affirmative, open fire." I ordered.
I discharged three rounds to the right of the crowd, while the other guy took the left. It seemed to work a little as most of the ponies closest to the impacts backed up or scurried off, but the majority of them remained.
"Fuck..." I hissed to myself. "Castle, I suggest we roll out a HUMVEE out here. These fuckers don't want to leave and I don't want to kill them."
"Let's see if we can just scare them off." The other guard added.
"Solid copy, one HUMVEE had been loaded and his heading to the gates. Stand by." Came the reply.

I turned briefly and saw a single HUMVEE with a shielded MK-47 Striker (an automatic grenade launcher) on top and a gunner manning it, before turning back to the now slowly advancing division of pony soldiers.
"Lethal force will be used if you do not turn around now!!" The other guard said. (I'm just gonna call him "Other Guy" from now on, okay?)
A moment later all the ponies froze as the massive gates to the base started opening and the HUMVEE rolled out, blaring its horn. Almost immediately the crowd dispersed and fled back into the forest and the HUMVEE waited before rolling back into the base where the massive gates closed behind it.

After that happened the operation was moved to two days instead of the remaining week. Enough was enough. These ponies sought to destroy our order on this planet. So we sought to destroy theirs.

This is the eve of what would come to be known as the Foreign Order War,
and I started it with the single pull of a trigger.

Author's Note:

This is a simple one-shot to rid me of writer's block, so sorry if it's not written too well.

Hope you enjoyed!