• Published 1st Apr 2012
  • 8,797 Views, 110 Comments

Indiscretions - Skywriter



In which both the author and his characters display serious lapses of judgment.

  • ...
24
 110
 8,797

Part Two

* * *
Indiscretions, Part Two

by Jeffrey C. Wells

www.scrivnarium.net
* * *

"Your sister," I said.

The firesphere dropped into my crucible with a heavy thunk. It began, quietly, to sizzle.

"Excuse me?" said Sola, her haunches still turned.

"Pardon, Highness," I said. "Did I not enunciate well? The father of the child is your sister, Princess Luna. You didn't render my foal sireless when the Forest claimed Everfree, or in the hegira that followed. You rendered her sireless the instant you lit this dread fire that now consumes us. You banished my child's father to the moon, Sola. And I will never forgive."

Sola was silent for some time.

"Disgusting," she eventually said.

"Ah, so now the enlightened and liberal monarch shows her true colors," I sneered. "She who delivered the much fawned-over 'Love is Love' proclamation from the steps of the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters once upon a time. When it comes to her own sister, though, how quick her airy words turn to accusations of abomination and fillyfoolery."

"You are a dolt, Cadence," she replied. "I expected so much better from that mind. Love is still love, although in these dark times I would certainly encourage any prospective fillyfoolers to have a fruitful dalliance or two with a stallion on the side first. What disgusts me is that these are the depths to which she'd sink." Sola began pacing through my workspace. "Shapeshifting," she uttered, as though the word were an oath. "The very apex of Discord-magic. Turning herself male, and for what? Was endless night not enough for her? Did she need an heir as well, need it so badly that she would sleep with the enemy in such a way?"

"Thank you," I said.

"Not you, you foal," Sola said. "I mean to say, 'throw in with the dark arts of our adversary'. Wholeheartedly."

"It's not what you think, Sola," I said.

"Then tell me," said Sola, rounding on me, "what it is."

I paused, willing my treacherous jaw to cease its trembling.

"She looked at me," I began. "For years, she looked at me. Ever since I entered marehood. I don't expect you even noticed. At first, I thought that they were the affectionate glances of a patroness of science toward a skilled pupil of the discipline. It would be vanity to think otherwise, blasphemy. Even when she invited me to come adventuring with you, back when Auric and I served as your retainers while the two of you went off questing for the Elements together, I thought it was the height of folly to think that there was anything more to it than that.

"For years, I was so convinced. Until one night at the Everfree Gala, the last one ever, in fact, though we were oblivious of it at the time. I used to always dress in my Academy formalwear for the occasion, remember? But that year, my good friend Exquisite demanded, just demanded to fit me with a proper ball-gown for once in my life. So she created this… thing, with silk, and pearls, and crinoline."

"Yes," said Sola. "It was striking."

"It was ridiculous," I said. "Never again, I promised myself, and how true that ended up becoming. But my tastes are not the world's tastes, and I was afforded some measure of celebrity because of my gown's perceived beauty, and I would be a liar if I said I did not enjoy the attentions. I was even approached by your sister, the Princess. And she was shy and recalcitrant, as always, and she masked it by using that thunderous voice and formal manner of hers, as always. And then she requested we quit the party for a time, to 'catch up'. We were all so close when we were questing, just her, and me, and you, and Auric. Do you remember?"

"I remember."

"We quit the ballroom for the Salon of the Constellations, and we sat on a divan together beneath the starlight, and we talked, for what seemed like hours. At first it was trivia, what had happened to us since those days on the road, our triumphs and setbacks. And then it became more… intimate."

There was a long pause, of my own making.

"Details?" said Sola, eventually.

"No," I decided. "They are not for your ears. What you must know, though, is that at the end, she asked me to dance with her. Out on the ballroom floor, in full view of everypony. And I was terrified, Sola. To be seen dancing with a Princess of the Realm would be a thing of incendiary scandal, the height of indiscretion. I would be devoured by the Court, eaten alive by gossip. But I was a loyal servant of the Crown, and to refuse her request was anathema. So I was taken by panic, and I blurted out the first thing that came to mind."

I swallowed, hard, trying vainly to move a lump.

"I… told her to ask your permission, first."

Another silence.

"That was the end of it, I wager," said Sola, quietly.

"We did not speak again," I said. "Not until Night Eternal, when she was already half-gone, and I could not tell for certain which words were hers and which the Nightmare's. She came to my tower in the final hours before Twin Skies; if my understanding of the timeline is correct, it was her very last act before going to meet you there.

"She gloated, or the Nightmare did. She boasted of her inevitable triumph over you. She said she had 'special things' in mind for me and that I would rule at her right hoof when she returned. She offered me half the sky, Sola. She told me that as Princess of the Realm, I would no longer have need to fear the silly courtesans, that I could dismiss or even execute any of them at my whim, any that violated my tiniest pleasure. Then, she said, we could finally have our dance."

I closed my eyes and turned back to my balcony. "And when she said those words, a softness came over her. Perhaps she remembered the night of the Gala, how close we almost were, before I ruined everything. I thought for a moment I could sense Princess Luna again, underneath the sneer and purr of the Nightmare.

"She lifted me, bodily, with her magic, and carried me to my own bed. She told me that, inevitable triumph or no, all things must eventually pass, and she would need something of herself to carry on into eternity when she was dust, and it was then that I knew that she feared you, feared you more than anything. She set me down, and lay with me, hide to hide, and I felt… something pass between us. It was warm, and light, and it felt like a dram of distilled joy.

"And that was it," I concluded. "She told me she loved me, kissed me softly, once, and then left my chambers. I never saw her again."

The firesphere crackled in its crucible, filling my rude apartment with warmth. I took little comfort from it.

"Did she request this act of you?" said Sola. "Or command it?"

"I was a loyal servant of the Crown," I whispered. "Absent you, they were one and the same."

"I see."

After a time, Sola joined me at the balcony again. "You realize," she continued, calmly, "that you should have told me that you were carrying the child of the Nightmare long before this."

"It's not the Nightmare's child!" I snarled, the tears coming at last. "It's Luna's! It's your sister's! This is your niece, Sola, and if you so much as lay a hoof on her, so help me, I will destroy you, or die trying!"

"That… was a very uncivil thing for me to have said, wasn't it."

"Yes," I said, trembling.

"Forgive me."

"No," I said. "Again, no. A thousand times, no, no, no."

"I will say another uncivil thing, then," said Sola. "The child of my sister, even diluted with mortal blood, may have enough of a command of the Stream that she could sit on the Solar Throne. I will make good on Luna's promise to you, Cadence. I will give to you and to your descendants half of the sky, as she offered."

"And who would teach her to use your artifact of power?" I said. "You, of course. I will not have my child become a student of yours, Sola. You will not touch her."

"Consider, Cadence. I offer you and your descendants a great gift."

"You offer them a great burden," I said. "This isn't benevolence. This is you, staring down the abyss of ages, unable to comprehend the task of managing both the Day and the Night for all eternity. Are you tired already, Sola?"

"Yes," she admitted, her voice small.

"Good," I said. "We'll both suffer together, you and I. We can be Suffering-Friends. As the world's foremost authority on the Elements of Harmony, I should inform you that you have not imprisoned your sister 'forever'. Years from now, a particular stellar conjunction will disrupt the harmonic energy of the binding spell you cast upon her for long enough for her to break it, if she is clever, and prepared. Luna is both. Mayhap she will have been chastened enough by that time that you can give her half the sky back. Or mayhap not."

"How long?" asked Sola. In all my years of knowing her, I had never once heard that pleading note in her voice. "How many years?"

"A thousand," I said. "Nine hundred ninety-nine, now."

Sola shook as though struck.

"I shall never last," she said.

"No," I said. "You shan't. And neither will our race. We will all be dead and gone by then, and Nightmare Moon will be queen of the insects that remain."

"I will not believe that," said Sola, mustering her resolve. "I cannot. I must begin making preparations, even now."

"Go, go," I said, reaffixing my bored and cynical mien, leaning my elbows on the railing, my ponderous belly nearly pulling my spine out of alignment. "Do what you need to do. Occupy yourself with games. I'll be here if you need to alternately threaten and cajole me further."

Sola crossed to the door. "Cadence," she said, at the last, "what am I going to do with you?"

"Endure me," I said.

"Indeed," replied Sola. "Good evening to you."

I heard her footsteps cross the threshold, her ponies-at-arms – doubtless posted on either end of the hall leading to my quarters – snapping to attention as they did.

"Thank you," I called out, abruptly, "for the firesphere. I… don't actually enjoy the cold."

"You are welcome, Cadence," said Sola. And then she was gone.

I gazed out over the cloud sea in silence for a time as the steel-shod hooves of the Princess's guards retreated into the depths of the National Redoubt.

"I need to wee," I said, to nopony in particular.

A shadow dislodged itself from the rocks outside my window, flitted down to my balcony, and lighted upon it.

"What an absolute cock that mare is," said the shape, coming into the glow of my lamps.

"Hello, Auric," I said, to my best friend in the entire remaining world. "You heard, then?"

"Every word," he said, vainly inspecting a wing, then knitting up a single frayed primary with his beak. "Odious."

"She called my foal a child of the Nightmare."

"Oh, yes, quite outrageous of her," said Auric, yawning. He began counting points off on his aquiline claws. "I mean, all you did was tell her that the Nightmare came to you moments before she was banished, made some cryptic statements about how she was going to endure forever no matter what was to come, then held you down, had her way with you, and impregnated you with dark magic. Why should she be concerned?"

"Don't say that. I was a willing participant."

"Impossible," said Auric.

"I gave my consent!"

"She was royalty, no matter what demon lived in her. You said it yourself: your consent was a meaningless act. It was rape, Cadence."

"Droite de seigneuse," I said.

"Potato, po-tah-to," replied the griffin, boredly. "An unimportant distinction, since all you eat is rockweed, and there's only one way to pronounce that. You're certain I can't interest you in some lovely fresh hyraxes? They're quite delicious, I assure you."

"The child is Luna's, Auric. Not Nightmare Moon's."

"I know, love," said Auric, his voice turning serious. "You've known the child for a year. The rest of us haven't even met her. If she comes with your recommendation, that's good enough for me."

"Thank you," I said. "So what was 'odious'?"

"Hm?" he said, looking up from his inspection of his improbably-impeccable manicure.

"If you mock me for calling Sola's reasoning baseless, what was 'odious'?"

Auric gestured flamboyantly. "The tiresome fact of her, in general. She doesn't need to do anything special to be odious, although I am increasingly put out by her use of the words 'hair-thin forbearance' when describing me. Me! The first griffin to desert Team Discord for her camp! I even brought a gift from the horde when I broke rank! That giant three-headed… dog… thing!"

"Cerberus," I said. "I never asked how you secured that beast's loyalty."

"Venison," replied Auric. "Lots and lots of dry-aged venison, from my private larder, now lost along with the entire rest of the country, damn this unstoppable Forest." He shook his head. "Imagine! Calling me a 'flip-flop'!"

"The Princess is a simple creature," I said. "Like an animal. Doubtless she feels that if you betrayed your masters once, you have the capacity to betray again."

"'Flip-flop'," said Auric, stuck in a rut of umbrage. "I think she's the flip-flop. Psychotic one minute, patronizing the next. I must admit, I wish you'd reconsider letting her teach your foal the secrets of the Solar Throne. Then we'd at least have a choice of Princesses."

"Spoken like a true and loyal subject," I said, imitating Auric's laconic drawl. "Oh yes, calling you a 'flip-flop'. Quite outrageous of her."

"Don't be a loon. I'm not going to add 'civil war' to our laundry-list of hardships. But I hope you know there's going to be some serious foal-worship among the people when the child comes and she spreads those wings of hers for the first time."

"Feh," I said. "The foal will be a unicorn, Auric. Nothing more."

"Poo," he replied. "I was so hoping you'd let me be her first flight instructor."

"You haven't studied immortal metagenetics, Auric. The chance of any random pairing between deity and pony producing a mortal alicorn is minific, infinitesimal. My family line could continue for hundreds of generations without seeing such a thing."

"Luna knocked you up with unknown and arcane demon-sorcery, love," said Auric. "Not science. In my book, that means all bets are off."

I know when I am beat. I turned away from the griffin and stared back out over the clouds at the now-setting crescent moon.

"I'm intruding on your sky-watching time," said Auric, joining me.

"Yes," I said, "but it's fine. You're a friend, Auric."

"Nevertheless," he said. "You need your time alone with her. I'm going to hie me back to the aerie, and incidentally, that makes me a poet when I didn't even know it." He gave me a quick peck on the cheek, more-or-less literally. "I'll be back at moonset, with a jug of rockweed moonshine. We can pretend it's claret."

"I'm pregnant, you bastard."

"More liquor for me, then," he said, spreading his wings. "Ta-ta, Cadence the Elder. And say hello to little Princess Cadence for me, next time you're talking to your grotesquely distended abdomen."

"I hate you."

"You love me."

"Yes," I said.

He grinned rakishly at me, gave his wings a few quick flaps, and was gone.

I returned my attention to the moon. My back was clenched, my ribs ached, and I needed to make water even more urgently than before. But I would be damned if I let being great with foal rob me of my last few minutes of moon-gazing to-night. Because moon-gazing is all I have left of her. I have lost interest in stars, their names and colors. I only look at the moon. And I will look at it, every night, until the day that I die.

I took one shallow breath of icy air, a mouthful of wind from the top of this forsaken mountain, and used it to shape words that Luna had never heard me speak, knowing full well even as I did that she could not now, and would not ever, hear me say them.

"I love you, too," I whispered.

Comments ( 66 )

Okay, sorry to you folks who actually enjoyed the breakneck ending of the last part, but I was faced with the choice of either unpublishing the whole thing or finishing it into something I could stand, or at least cower, behind. Feel free to pretend this doesn't exist, if it suits you.

Lawks, my ratings will never recover from this...

394882 Tis enjoyable. I don't think it detracts from the story at all. Bravo.

392593
<Pinkie Pie>
He's starting to warm up, but still no smile. Hmmm...
</Pinkie Pie>

394997
Thanks. Now I can finally leave it alone!

I found the dark aftermath of the Nightmare Moon incident to be delicious and I enjoyed Cadence the Elder's dripping hatred of Sola/Celestia.
The foreshadowing of Canterlot's name and Sola/Celestia's name change were enjoyable.
Gotta say, this is the first serious fic with Cadence in it that I have read and I loved it. Its fics like this that are going to make me like Cadence in some way. Heres hoping she doesn't mark the end of everything.

Sublime. Have I mentioned I love your worldbuilding? Because I love your worldbuilding.

One error: "...though we oblivious of it at the time."

396305
Fixed, and thank you.

394882
What doesn't exist? I see no second chapter explaining how said pregnancy came to be at the end of a sadly unrealized romance more tragic then the far more well known pair of star-crossed lovers if only for the fact that both parties will live knowing they will never see the other again. I also don't see an ending asking for another chapter or sequel to resolve the major conflict present throughout the story of if she will ever get around to going to the bathroom. :trollestia:
That said, another well written chapter though the ending feels far more depressing in tone compared to the first which had such a delightful punch to it. :pinkiehappy:

397203
Damnit, I knew naming my main character "Fnord" was a bad idea.

Totally doesn't deserve all the negative ratings.
Lol rate-bombers much?

398145
Superabundance of negative ratings are possibly due from what can be best described, in retrospect, as an attention-getting stunt of mine on release hour. Live and learn.

Either that or they hate the story a lot!

some people hate this story?

pfft they have no taste or knowledge of a good story

I liked the story a lot. It certainly takes guts to speculate on Cadence, and Auric was hilarious.

I loved Auric. The flip-flop joke was brilliant in the first chapter, and it just didn't get old.

Love the setup for Cadance in her canon appearance. None of us could have predicted how she'd be, and I'm honestly still surprised at how young she was (size of a regular mare while foalsitting, not even as big as Luna at her wedding).

I'm not sure what's worse: wanting more canon info on Cadance so that I can link it with this fic, or NOT.

I think this goes well with the first part. My, Celestia really has matured quite a bit over the thousand years. :trollestia:
Cadence the Eldest and Auric seem like excellent characters as well. I'd love to see some more stories in this continuity, if only showing the foalhood and youth of the next Cadence (whether Twilight's foal-sitter, or her distant ancestress).

Huh. Just noticed part 2. I'm not sure it needed a continuation. I will actually go ahead and say I would have prefered it ended where the original did. Some things just don't need elaboration. The scene with Auric was excellent though.

Well now. I liked this. Quite well written.

> You're not 'Sola, Princess Everfree'!
> You're 'Sola, Princess Celestia Pinnacle'!
> You're the queen of ... a cantering-lot.

I see what you did there, you clever pony you! :trollestia:

Seriously though: Even the first chapter alone was a great read. My own headcanon has the royal sisters being not so godlike in origin or powers as many fanfics portray them, considering the Hearth's Warming Eve episode stating that it was originally all the unicorns together who would control the sun and moon, presumably until the more powerful sisters were born, but this was still a very intriguing scenario. And her real 'name' being Sola, with 'Princess Celestia' coming from a title - I love it. I liked the discussion of how the Elements were 'broken' by Sola's manner of use, as well.

864235
Yeah, I go back and forth in the head-canon. "Observatory Hill" clearly indicates that they're otherworldly avatars of power, but at least one upcoming story has Celestia and Luna as spontaneous births of mortal parents. I really don't know what the Princesses' relationship to the ancient royals (Platinum, e.g.) is. Are they scions of that line, or what?

I bugged Lauren about it at Bronycon -- perhaps unwisely, but it was gnawing at me -- but alas, she had not decided her own canon on this matter.

2177284
Thanks! This story is not my official head-canon, but Auric in particular is probably not done talking yet regardless. We'll se what he's up to lately in another story soon.

My expectations were played with today. (actually a couple days ago now) The description text made me think it was going to be some insane metafiction of the type I've come to occasionally expect from you, but this had none of that. The blog post you linked to just made me really curious what could have made you so weirdly biased against your own work. Then I read the story and utterly failed to comment on it in any coherent fashion for several days.

I have written and scrapped literally a half dozen comments on this piece. Most of of them hinged on the argument that this story does not deserve a "sad" tag. They typically then wound around to basically blaming me and my unreasonable standards for sad fics. Apparently that can't be right because I keep throwing them out. So let's just trust my instincts and try to explain why it's not sad. A character which we are given no particular reason (or time) to care about, beyond the story being told from her perspective with a bit of snark, has been horribly wronged by Celestia's actions, and will now die before she will ever be able to meet her true love again. All of this happened in the past. In addition these actions have left most of Equestria in ruins. This is all very interesting, but I'm not invested in this character, or any of the others, and frankly pretty much every active player in the whole story is kind of a dick. Now, none of this is a bad thing, it's just not sad.

What this fic is, and perhaps ought to be tagged as, is dark. We are shown an Equestria in which some serious shit has just gone down, and the survivors are now having to deal with the fallout. This is in itself a wonderful piece of world building, and is in fact very much in keeping with the tone set by the world building done in the show. Equestria may look candy coated, but there are constant allusions to serious shit having gone down, (There's a forest of chaos, a pit of demons, and legends of ancient and powerful evils, for starters) and serious shit in fact does go down on a fairly regular basis. Almost like it's some kind of annual event. With minor versions of the celebration staged whenever the writers feel like leveling Ponyville again. This is interspersed with small town friendship problems, which, through peculiar magical circumstance, are of just as much consequence.

Again, none of this is a bad thing. It's actually quite refreshing to see a Celestia that hasn't had everything well in hoof for a few thousand years getting some lessons in national leadership from the school of hard knocks. After all, she can't have just been born knowing how to be an incredibly charismatic leader with a healthy taste for practical jokes. Yet she seems to have been leading Equestria in some form for most of her incredibly long life. Leaders aren't perfect, and if they rule long enough to learn to rule well, they make mistakes. When leaders of giant pony countries make mistakes, ponies die. This is eminently reasonable and I disagree with your caps lock infused assessment, excerpted from your writing notes. I gave it a thumbs up.

So on that note, I'm really curious why you consider this to be canonically invalid for your personal Equestrian backstory, beyond the fact that as of now, if you intended Princess Mi Amore Cadenza to actually be the daughter of the Cadence in this story, you've apparently been Jossed by some official novel or other which states that Cadence is an ascended pegasus. (like Twilight)

2377026
Those "Sad" and "Dark" tags are really tricky, I'll admit. Oddly enough, I had the exact opposite read as you; I thought that even though a lot of dark things happen on a regular basis in this universe, none of them happen "on-screen", and the actual on-screen activity is a story about sadness and loss rather brought about by some dark events. It's really hard!

I see your other question has been answered by "...Unicorn Tooth" already. :pinkiehappy:

This was... unexpected. But really interesting. The way the events were constructed makes me wish there was more, the story about the fall and rebirth of this version of Equestria sounds quite interesting.

For the record, I believe this story deserves the [Alternate Universe] tag. Even before season 4 defined the origin of the elements and showed the transformation and banishment of Nightmare Moon, I don't think it would be believable to have it happen in the same universe as the show.

3701831
Fair enough, I suppose; I've always reserved that tag for things like "the primary characters have always been airship pirates." Some of these tags are not super well defined. :applejackunsure:

3703902
My gut feeling is that "ponies have been driven to the brink of extinction" should also qualify for [Alternate Universe] :twilightsheepish:

I really agree about the tags not being well defined enough, though. As a reader I'm tiptoeing my way around anything marked as [Sad] or [Dark] because I can't be sure how much each specific fic fits those tags (having already stumbled on a horror story with a downer ending when I expected an adventure with a happy ending), and usually avoiding [Romance] because it's often hard to tell if those go all the way into shipping or clopping.

For the record, I don't see this specific story as sad enough to merit the tag. This one didn't manage to make me even misty-eyed. Unlike, say, Sun Princess, which brought me to the brink of tears.

3704363
I already stripped "sad" from "How to Remove a Unicorn Tooth" in response to that very story. "Sun Princess" is weaponized sadness, compared to that one.

:rainbowderp: ...I have no idea what I just read, but I liked it. :pinkiehappy:

3871613
Eh, this was me trying to work up a very early headcanon! It got Jossed at every turn. :pinkiehappy:

398094

Discordianism in the most amusing of places.

Come to think, does that make Celestia Gruad?

Oh, what delicious double-layered irony as both variants of Gruad fit her. Rather like those cakes she is so fond of.

4560298
Celestia is indeed orderly, but she's got a spike of chaos running through her. She and Discord are not so dissimilar.

4560341

Well, my contention is Celestia is like Gruad of the Deally Plaza. It would also explain why she almost never does anything :pinkiegasp:

Well im late getting back to work now because I could not stop reading this. Just damn dude, all your stories are gonna get my ass fired!

4740726
Please do not lose your job because of pony. It makes Apple Bloom cry. :applecry:

But thanks nevertheless!

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

Well, that was a thing. o.o Gadzooks. Is this the start of the vaunted "Cadence of Cloudsdale" series or no?

5196976
The precise metaphysical head-map of my story multiverse is a complicated one. In the interest of absolute tooth-gnashing accuracy, when "Cadance of Cloudsdale" was initiated, "Indiscretions" slotted itself as a controversial work of fiction penned by Auric himself several hundred years ago (in-universe it is much longer, probably a novel). It is probably now lost to time, although if it becomes convenient to the plot it is remotely possible that Shining's mom owns a copy as part of one of her research binges and that Shining has read it.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

5197019
...That is so not an answer. D:

5197665
Sorry! It wasn't my intention to be cryptic, I just may not have understood your question.

This story was comparatively poorly received on initial post (because I shot myself in the foot with it in an attempt to get noticed, detailed in the blog entry linked to in the description). It has since gained some likes, but it was pretty underperform-y for a while, and I was pretty unexcited about it, so future stories in this chronology were scrapped. That said, I liked some of the concepts in it (a secluded outpost sheltering the remnants of a government, a griffon rogue who was best friends with Cady's mother) so when we were introduced to the Crystal Empire, I cherry-picked those parts of this story that I liked and worked them into the new, more canon-friendly narrative I was weaving (only to be Jossed once again by ...Crystal Heart Spell and the "Neigh Anything" arc of the comics). This is not the canonical prequel to "Cadance of Cloudsdale." It's kind of like Strata was to the Discworld series, if that reference makes sense to you.

Is that a better answer? Let me know and I'll clarify whatever I can.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

5197793
I gotcha! :O Just making sure I don't misrepresent this when I review it.

5198744
Well, all right. Any more questions, let me know.

And yeesh, hope you go easy on it. This is far from my best work... :twilightsheepish:

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

5199275
I guess this is where I tell you I'm reading and reviewing all your work for a future rec journal. :V Here's mud in your eye!

5199299
I'm flattered! And terrified!

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

5199424
you will be! >:V

Loved it.
It's drab, melancholy and wholey brilliant. Dark things happen, secret pasts, well written arguments.
And just short enough :)

5442936
Great! Glad you enjoyed!

Somehow I never knew this story existed. :rainbowhuh: Rectified thanks to Present Perfect. :pinkiesmile:

I find Cadance Sr.'s hatred to be perversely fascinating.

5571995
It kind of is! I might have liked to see more of it had the series continued.

5572004
Well, you could always write another character with those feelings later.

Login or register to comment