• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 21,559 Views, 1,248 Comments

The King of Angels - Wheenesss



What happens when you drop a human into Equestria and give him five random superpowers? Here's a hint: Nothing Good

  • ...
164
 1,248
 21,559

Chapter 7

(The South Pole, Two Weeks Later)

The ship had finally been finished. It resembled a large classical pirate ship on the outside, but on the inside it was much more technologically advanced. The fusion reactor was it's power source, which would allow it to run for thousands of years without needing to be replaced. It was placed inside of a special battery casing which was in the center of the boat, beneath the deck in the maintenance room.

"It looks perfect Kowalski! I trust that you tested it as well?" Isaac asked, standing on the small dock where the ship was parked.

"Of course, Mister Isaac. Skipper is ready to pilot it on your order." the smart polar griffon replied.

The man nodded, before walking back into town. The polar griffons had held a raffle to determine who would go and who would stay, since they obviously all couldn't go to the trial. Only 134 were allowed in the ship, excluding him and the maintenance staff of course. Luna's trial was set in another month, so there was no time to waste. He spread his wings and took to the skies, heading off to see another project of his.


(Meanwhile, in Canterlot Castle)

Celestia was idly listening to the complaints of some noble unicorn as always when she held Day Court. Externally, she appeared to be listening with that same calm look on her face that had become distinctive of the Sun Princess. Internally however she was ablaze with thoughts.

She actually wasn't worried about the trial in itself. The logic behind the charges against her sister was warped even by Isaac's standards. The only reason they were being brought up was due to the severity of the crimes that somepony had to pay for. Had his time in stone really dulled his mind that much, or was he planning something else? Celestia was willing to bet on the latter, but the question was what? That was what she was trying to figure out. If by some act of cosmic stupidity Luna was found guilty of the charges, then she would pardon her, no question about it. For now the Moon Princess was waiting in a luxury cell she reserved for the ponies who were accused of things they obviously were not guilty of, yet somehow got arrested anyway.

But then there was the matter of Nightmare Moon in a foal's body. Unlike Discord, Isaac made complicated plans that didn't make much of any sense until he was done with them. What could he possibly have to gain from giving her sister's shadow a body of its own? The thought that this might be a part of his 'community service' somehow occurred to her, but she brushed it off. If he really wanted to do a service to her then he wouldn't have let it live after giving it a body. So how did the Nightmare foal fit into his plans?

Celestia spoke after the noble left, having semi-consciously talked him out of whatever tribalist bill he tried to push. One of the benefits of being an immortal Alicorn princess was the ability to multitask like it was nopony's business.

"Helping Hoof?" she asked.

"Yes Your majesty?" replied the mare she kept as a personal assistant.

"Reschedule all of my appointments for the next two hours for tomorrow. I need to speak with my sister."

"Right away, Your Highness!"


(Ten Minutes Later, The Canterlot Castle Dungeons)

Luna grumbled, reading a book in the sorry excuse for a cell she was forced to sit on until her 'trial'. There was a bed, a bookshelf, and even a stocked mini-fridge. However, her wings were still bound by special ropes and her magic restricted by a cone just like any other prisoner.

"Luna?" a voice called. Celestia strode in front of the bars of the cells.

"Sister! How long must we wait in this 'cell' of ours? Thou knowest as well as we do, that this trial is naught more then a mere farce!" the moon princess replied.

"I know Luna, but there is something I need to ask you. Did you know of Nightmare Moon's continued existence apart from your own?"

"We had strange dreams of involving polar griffons, but had we presumed them to be sleeping terrors conjured up by our own mind out of guilt from our past actions. Unfortunately, we were in the wrong yet again." the younger alicorn said, a bit bitterly at the end.

Celestia frowned "Don't say that Luna. You know as well as I do that the Elements of Harmony work in ways that even we don't completely understand."

Luna sighed "We, I know that sister. I would just prefer it if they did not, so I might be able to 'get on with my life', as I have heard some modern ponies say."

"You'll be happy to note that I'm getting you the best lawyer bits can buy." plus being a Princess of Equestria doesn't exactly mean that you can say no to her, as annoying as that can be sometimes when you want somepony to say no to you.

Luna scoffed "There is no need for that and thou knowest it! Simply hire a foal with enough common sense and he or she shall do as good a job as that lawyer! The foal would probably ask for less money as well."

"True, but it never hurts to be cautious does it?" Celestia replied with a small smile.

"So how is that thing doing?" the moon princess asked.

"According to the guards, she's been surprisingly quiet since two weeks ago."

"Meaning it must be planning something that will allow it to escape." Luna mused.

"But 'what' is always the question in situations like this, isn't it?" the elder alicorn replied.

"Are you sure it was restricted properly, sister?"

"She's wearing the strongest magic suppressors we have have Luna, and her wings are bound as well."

"So it is getting some sort of external assistance. Isaac perhaps?" she remarked.

"No, because it seems unnecessary considering he basically gave her to us on a silver platter right in the middle of the throne room."

"Then the 'why' is what we need to address now." the moon princess said.

With that, the Royal Sisters conversed on their theories as to what Isaac and this mysterious new foe's plans were regarding Nightmare Moon.


(Back at the South Pole)

Isaac touched down in front of a large cave, the entrance to which was blocked by a huge black rock. Smiling, he simply walked right through it as if it wasn't even there.

"I love it how chaos magic makes it so that the laws of physics mostly don't apply to me." he thought. It drained a lot of energy to show off like that though, so he didn't do it often. Inside of the cave was what appeared to be some sort of living area. The floor was carpeted, there were bookshelves everywhere, arcade machines, a TV, and there even appeared to be a fully-stocked pantry room on the far left!

The inhabitants on the other hand did not look so friendly and inviting. They were ponies of all tribes, though obviously not of the Equestrian variety many were accustomed to seeing. They were visibly taller and more muscular than the average pony, as well as possessing thick coats with colors more suited to the cold environment outside. All of them lacked the signature cutie marks on their flanks, except for one.

"What do you want, Isaac!" hissed the pony with said cutie mark as they stepped forward with a vicious glare. It was a unicorn mare with a light blue coat, a platinum blonde mane, and deep sapphire blue eyes. Her cutie mark was of a simple white snowflake.

"Hey!" the man in question said, holding his hands up in defense. "Calm down a little, Herd Leader! What did I ever to do you?"

Her glare intensified. She gestured towards her own body with a hoof. "This! You robbed us of our true forms as well as our primary method of gathering food! "

"Well I think its a fair trade, don't you? I give you guys sentience and all of the knowledge you would need to survive in civilized society. You lose your original ethereal bodies and the ability to feed on hatred. Besides, it's not like I took away your ice magic. Heck, I gave you more magic on top of that! Well, depending on the tribe of course." Isaac replied.

"What makes you think we wanted to be this way?! We were perfectly fine the way we were before!" Herd Leader said.

"Not from my perspective. It seemed like Nightmare Moon had kicked your sorry butts and then locked you away in here to starve until you all died."

"That doesn't count and you know it! I'm tired of you dodging my questions every time you visit. What's your game?!" she roared, as the floor beneath her hooves started to freeze over. Judging by the icy expressions on the faces of all the other ponies, they seemed to be equally pissed.

"I was waiting for the ship to be finished." the winged man replied, almost boredly creating a piping hot ball of fire in the palm of his hand and waving it at the ponies, causing most of them to recoil in immediate fright.

"So you will tell us now?" the mare asked, staring at the fireball warily.

"Yes, actually." he answered, snapping his fingers as the fireball vanished and cushions appeared for everypony to sit on.

"I'm going to be blunt with you Herd Leader. After my business in Equestria is done, I plan on either taking over another country that's currently being ruled by a tyrant or making one of my own, minus the tyrant part of course."

"What does that have to with me and my herd?" the unicorn said.

"Well if the latter comes to pass, then a new country needs new citizens doesn't it?"

"And if it doesn't you're going to leave us inside of here rot, just like the Dark One?" she sneered.

"Of course not. If that happens I'll just turn you back to way you were before, and then let you go free. I'll also let you kept the sentience and knowledge if you so desire. I have to warn you though, the polar griffons actually know that you're the ones that have been manipulating them into constant war with each other, and are rightfully steamed at you." he jovially explained.

"So it's either stay here and be driven out by the polar griffons, or follow you blindly to wherever you seem to be going. What's in it for us?"

"Well if I do successfully manage to take over a country, there's nothing keeping you in the South Pole. I'm sure there are places elsewhere where you could farm others for hatred." which was very unlikely. "If I have to make one of my own, all of you will be given deluxe homes like this place to live in, as well as some starting funds and a guaranteed job." which was also very unlikely.

"I'm still not seeing a positive here."

"Since you're the leader of this group. I will make you immortal as well as a freaking Queen. Any family of yours among this group will also automatically become royalty if you accept." that caused Herd Leader to stop to and think about it for a moment. According to the knowledge that he had put into her head, which she was still rather cautious of using, Queen was a very important title to have. She would have half the power Isaac would in ruling in this hypothetical new nation. The benefits her younger sister, parents, and extended family would get were great even if they weren't going to be immortal as well. While she already had such respect among her followers being the Herd Leader and all, the idea of it being an entire country of beings that worshiped her was pleasing. Plus he said immortal, that meant that odds are she would also become an Alicorn, a pony with the power of all three tribes plus their own at their command. There was just one problem with that.

"If you do fail to conquer a nation." which was very likely. "What makes you think I would marry you, just to become a Diarch and not a Monarch?"

"It's part of system of checks and balances I plan on creating, regardless of whether or not it's a new nation or an old one I'm going to the leader of. To be honest I could just name myself the sole ruler of this new country and be done with it, but what's the point of living forever if you're going to do it alone?" technically speaking there was the Mane Six, the Princesses, and Discord, but he doubted they'd be friends anytime soon. Discord was more of a maybe actually, depending on if Fluttershy manages to reform him.

"Wouldn't we also need to sire a foal? Is that even possible considering what you are?" she actually didn't want to know

"We would be immortal. What point would there be in having children other than simply wanting to? Plus," and in a flash of golden flames, an Alicorn stallion with a monochrome color scheme was staring right back at her with a cheesy grin. "I'm a shapeshifter, that means my DNA also changes form when I do. I could have kids with just about anything." Herd Leader just had to ask didn't she?

"Again, why would I have kids with you?" she could do that with any stallion among her followers

"Well, aside from the assurance that they'd never die and heal from injuries pretty damn quickly? Not much actually. Love isn't a part of the equation. The kids thing is only an 'if'. The only thing either of us would really have to do in regards to each other is appear to be a happy couple in public. We could have secret relationships with whoever the heck we wanted to. If someone found out about these affairs, then we'll simply fake being on bad terms with each other for a couple of decades."

"Why me then?"

"No reason, you're just the first interesting female I've asked to fill the position. If I do manage to conquer a nation I'll just ask a girl from there." he replied bluntly.

Herd Leader seemed to consider it, before huddling up with her dozens of followers in a corner of the large room. They whispered for a few minutes and Isaac politely decided not to eavesdrop on them. Then like the polar griffons before them, they seemed to reach a consensus.

"We have decided to accept these terms." the mare said, walking up to him. If he did conquer a nation, then her herd would just keep their abilities and try to share the South Pole with the polar griffons. If he was forced make a new nation, she would be a Queen and her followers would go down in the history books as founders. Besides a lot of the stallions seemed to really like the arcade machines for some reason.

"Excellent!" Isaac said with a grin, as he snapped his fingers. The rock blocking the cave turned into a proper wall with a see-through door and windows on the side.

"You're all now free to go outside and test your new abilities! I just needed to know so that you wouldn't be hostile to the polar griffons. If I fail to find and overthrow an evil dictator, you'll be seeing me again soon enough. If I succeed, I'll send you guys a postcard." he continued. The tense atmosphere dissipated and chatter broke out among the windigos-turned-ponies.

"So now what?" Herd Leader asked.

"Have you all gotten actual names yet?" the man replied, pointing to the list nailed to the wall.

"No actually. We planned on breaking out tonight." she admitted.

"How did that go?"

"We need a new fridge, we tried using the one we had to break the rock. But it didn't even dent the thing." she had the decently to look sheepish.

"How bad is it?" seriously, conjuring stuff like that took precious energy and focus to do!

She merely pointed a hoof towards the kitchen. Isaac walked into the room, seeing the bent and broken remains. The man groaned and started massaging his temples. He was completely aware of the irony of his next statement, he just didn't care anymore.

"MAGIC DOES NOT GROW ON TREES, PEOPLE!" he shouted.

Author's Note:

Another chapter out, mainly because the idea wouldn't leave me alone until I typed it out. The ship is finished, and Isaac now has potential minions if he fails to overthrow a tyrant. Celestia and Luna know that he wants Nightmare Moon in Canterlot for some reason.