• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 21,559 Views, 1,248 Comments

The King of Angels - Wheenesss



What happens when you drop a human into Equestria and give him five random superpowers? Here's a hint: Nothing Good

  • ...
164
 1,248
 21,559

Chapter 23

(Dream Sequence)

Isaac mentally blinked, as he found himself walking through the hallways of a castle. Canterlot Castle, if the layout was any indication. However, the color scheme was radically different. The portraits on the walls were different as well. He looked out the window to see that it was night-time as well. This all seemed... familiar, but at the same time new to him, and not just because it was Canterlot Castle.

He was asleep and dreaming, that was obvious. But this wasn't any memory that he could recall, yet it seemed like he'd been here before.

"What now?" he tried to say, but his mouth didn't move.

"This is going to be one of those dreams again isn't ?" the angel thought bitterly. Dream-Isaac hummed, his hands in his pockets. Looking down, he could see that he was wearing a well-designed black suit, a white dress shirt, a red tie, and black shoes.

"Okay, so the formal wear is a hint." Was he going to some sort of gala? He hoped not. Those were always boring.

Dream-Isaac passed by a pair of armored stallions. Their armor greatly resembled the armor worn by Celestia's Royal Guards, only silver where there was gold, and red crests instead of blue. They stopped and saluted him.

"Good evening, sir!" they said.

His counterpart chuckled, "At ease. Continue with your duties."

The two guards nodded and walked past him.

"Okay, what does that mean?" Isaac thought. He was dreaming about himself being in a position of authority? Was he just dreaming about the future he wanted, or did it mean something else?

Dream-Isaac continued walking, admiring the scenery. He made a turn to the right, going down another path. At the end of this hallway, Isaac saw a large door.

"A throne room?"

His dream self suddenly facepalmed.

"Damn it, I almost forgot to shave!" he groaned, running to one of the nearby mirrors on the walls.

Isaac would have gasped had been able to at the time. While they were identical in terms of facial features, there were some clear differences. His counterpart's hair was neatly combed where his was messy, and had a five-o clock shadow that was being magically removed instead of his beard. The most notable difference?

The crown on his head.

"Is.... this the King that those twins were talking about?" the angel thought. An alternate version of himself? Considering how they compared him to the King it made sense.

"But why am I dreaming of being him? Is this one of his memories, or is he experiencing this in real-time?

The King finished, his now clean-shaven face grinning in the mirror. He went back to walking towards that throne room, his humming resuming.

"Is that the toreador march?"

In a minute, his counterpart was at the closed door to the throne room. His grinned returned as he fixed his tie and cleared his throat.

"Showtime." he whispered, before opening the door.

The throne room greatly resembled Celestia's, with two major differences. One was the color scheme, the other was that there was two thrones.

One of which was occupied by a familiar face.

"Luna?!"

"Hello, darling!" the King shouted, a shit-eating grin on his face.

Luna rolled her eyes, then smiled.

"Hello, dear. I assume you managed to drag our daughter back to her tutors?" she replied.

"DAUGHTER?!"

The King strutted in past the sputtering petitioners, before taking his place on the throne next to his.... wife.

"I-I guess a King needs a Queen. But really?Luna of all people? And they have a daughter?!" Isaac would have gagged had he been able. If they ever met face to face, he'd be sure to question his counterpart's taste and sanity.

"Of course. She may be good, but she can't hide from the Master!" he answered, smugness emanating from him.

Queen Luna sighed, "Must you interrupt me like this in the middle of my Night Court?"

"Yes actually. You've been frowning too much lately, and I don't like it."

The alicorn frowned, "Yo-"

"Just like that actually!"

*THUNK!*

She hit him in the back of his head with her hoof for the interruption.

"Ow.." he groaned.

"You know exactly why. Celestia has been free for months now. "

"So Celestia might be evil in this universe?" Isaac pondered. That was good to know.

The King sighed, "I do, yet I've told you multiple times that she will be found before anything serious happens. The guards, our students, and my other bodies are searching the entire country. Even Sombra is keeping an eye open!"

"Good Sombra as well?"

Queen Luna sighed, "That would be more comforting if we even had an idea as to where she is."

One of the petitioners, an old unicorn stallion, cleared his throat. "Err.... Excuse me, your Majesties? I was about to..."

The King nodded, "Right. I apologize for interrupting you."

"Thank you. Now I would to draw attention to the worrying amount of vampire fruit bats that have been seen around Ponyvi-"

The stallion's words were cut off as the dream ended.


(Canterlot Castle, The Dungeons, 1:13 PM)

Isaac's eyes snapped open. He was still shackled to the wall, his wings bound and his magic inaccessible. He had taken a nap to pass the time, but had instead learned something that might be a problem in the future.

The angel sighed, "Seriously though, Luna?"


(Canterlot Castle, Throne Room, 1:42 PM)

Sunset grumbled as a pair of Royal Guards escorted her into a room she never thought she'd see again. There were shackles on her legs. She had been arrested after Isaac had abandoned her.

"Then again, it isn't that surprising." she thought.

"Guards, unshackle her and leave us." Princess Celestia ordered.

The two stallions nodded, removing the cuffs and walking out of the room.

The silence between them was deafening.

"Are you ready to talk, my student?." the white alicorn said, looking down at her.

Sunset Shimmer rolled her eyes "I'm not your student anymore. Remember?"

The sun princess sighed, " So now is when you decide to talk to me? I was hoping your time in the other world would have caused you to mature."

The unicorn glared at her, "What is that supposed to mean?!"

"I think you already know the answer to that, but let's not get into that. Your parents worry about you, Sunset."

Sunset scoffed, "And that's supposed to just make up for all the years they spent ignoring me as they argued with each other?"

"They've realized their mistakes, Sunset." Celestia replied.

"Good for them! But that doesn't mean I'm going to forgive and forget."

"I'm not asking you to forgive and forget. I'm asking you to give them a chance."

"And what if I don't want to?"

The white alicorn shrugged, "Then I cannot make you. "

Sunset's eyes widened. Celestia of all ponies was actually not trying to make her do something she didn't want to? When she was her student it was always "go make some friends!" or something like that.

"What... brought this on?" the unicorn asked.

The sun princess looked out the window, at the damaged city of Canterlot. When the Changelings had realized that they were going to lose, they decided to hurt her little ponies as much as possible before they did.

"Your parents aren't the only who have realized their mistakes, Sunset. I've done a lot of thinking since you left."

The young mare snorted, "Is that why you decided to let me out of that cell?"

Celestia rolled her eyes, "Partially. The other reason is that Isaac told me that you weren't working with him."

Her ex-student glared at her, "So if I was working for him you would have let me rot in there?"

She glared right back, "I would try to convince you not to, and if that failed.... Then yes actually. I would feel bad about it, but I would do it. Isaac is a wanted criminal, Sunset."

The unicorn wanted to argue, but she couldn't refute that kind of logic. She decided to change the subject instead.

"So what happened to Canterlot?" Sunset grumbled.

"A changeling queen impersonated Cadence and attempted to launch an invasion. Thankfully, somepony who knew about it spoke up before the queen could finish building up her power and forces."

Sunset raised an eyebrow, "That explains the broken windows and green slime I saw in the hallways."

"It could have been much worse. So.... what will you do now?" Celestia asked.

"I don't think that's any of your business."

"Sunset, please. I'm trying to make amends with you."

"I don't care."

The white alicorn looked annoyed, "You see? This is why you're not my student anymore! You're too immature to accept when ponies are trying to apologize, and you're arrogant enough to want things that you're nowhere near ready for!"

Sunset cringed, and Celestia realized that she had made a mistake.

"Sunset, I..."

The unicorn turned away, "No, no. I get it. You're right and I'm wrong. Just like I'm always wrong."

"Isaac, what did you do to her?" the sun princess pondered, her anger returning.

"I'll just.... show myself out." the young mare said, walking away.

"Sunset please!"

But her ex-student ignored her, walking out of the throne room.


(Canterlot Castle, The Dungeons, 2:03 PM)

*CRASH!*

Isaac blinked as he heard the door to the dungeons opening, and loud hoofsteps afterwards.

Hoofsteps that were getting closer.

He sat there confused as an angry-looking Celestia stomped into view. She glared at him with a frightening intensity.

"What did you do to Sunset?" she asked.

The angel tilted his head, "I already told you that."

"Why is she so... sad?" she specified.

A light-bulb turned on his head as Isaac grinned in realization.

"OH, you mean that! Well then I'll have to tell you what Sunset got up to while in the world on the other side of the mirror. Are you sure you want to hear it?"

Her glare intensified, "Don't toy with me."

"I warned you. Well as it turns out, the world Sunset went to didn't have the power she desired. In fact, it didn't have any magic at all. She couldn't even use her own while she was there! Unfortunately that combined with the argument you two had before she left, the fact that the mirror transformed her into an entirely different species, the fact that the mirror turned her into a child as well, and how the locals didn't take her seriously really pissed her off. At least, that's what my theory is. I've never actually looked inside her head. Keep in mind this could be completely wrong."

Isaac's grin got bigger, "So then she decided to take it out on the kids she was now forced to go to school with! At first, it was just stress relief. But as time went by she really began to enjoy it. By the time I got there, there were all scared shitless of her!"

She sighed, "Continue."

"I assume you know that she wanted to be Princess and was angry that you said no?"

The white alicorn nodded.

"Well that changed kinda. Now we get to the stuff I know for sure! She still wanted to be a Princess, only she wanted to you and the other two alicorns out of the picture. She planned on stealing the Element of Magic from your current student when the mirror would have re-opened a year from now, and using it's power to enslave the locals of that world to use as her army to conquer Equestria."

Celestia's fury evaporated, as she started to wonder where she went wrong.

"Unfortunately, she didn't count on me being there! So I took her aside and asked her how she came to be in that world, and what her plans were for the future. You want know what I said to her after?" he asked, eyes glimmering with glee.

"I poked holes in every single one of those plans. I verbally tore her apart. When I was done, she was in tears." he started laughing.

"HAHAHAHA! It was hilarious!"

*THUUM!*

Isaac stopped laughing as the room started to shake and heat up dramatically. Celestia's eyes were literally glowing with rage as she stared at him.

"You.... are very lucky I do not take lives anymore." she intoned.

He smirked, "That's an excuse and we both know it. You just don't want to give me the honor of being the guy who made you lose control."

The sun princess stared at him for a few more seconds, before leaving him to the dungeons.

"That's what I thought."


(Canterlot Castle, Throne Room, 3:14 PM)

Celestia took a deep breath as she sat on her throne, filling out the paperwork that would help start the repairing of the cities. After that absolutely, infuriating conversation with Isaac, she had taken an hour to calm down.

"Your Majesty, your student and the rest of the Element Bearers are here." a guard walked in, bowing low.

"Send them in." she replied, levitating the document she was currently working on over to a nearby pile.

The guard nodded, and walked over to the door. He opened, revealing none other than Twilight Sparkle and friends.

"Good evening, my little ponies. I assume you're here to help with the repairs after getting my letter?"

Twilight bowed, taking the lead as always.

"We came as fast as we could, Princess. How are....?"

Celestia nodded, "Princess Cadence is physically fine, despite the.. changes to her body. Captain Armor has a broken foreleg, but other than that he's fine as well."

She stood up, walking towards her student and friends.

"I'm not going to lie. This could have been much worse than it was. Casualties were kept to a minimum. Most of the damage was to the buildings." she smirked, "There's even some good news."

The Element Bearers felt unsettled by that smirk. It was just so.... different to the Princess Celestia that they were used to.

Applejack cleared her throat, "And that is, yer Highness?"

"The Changeling Queen responsible for this invasion, as well as Isaac have been captured. They are in cells down in the dungeons, awaiting their punishment."

The six of them gasped, before breaking into cheers.

"WOOHOO!" Pinkie shouted.

"That creep is toast!" Rainbow Dash grinned.

Even Fluttershy let out a quiet, "Yay!"

"However."

Their cheers stopped at that.

"The Changeling Queen has been acting unusually smug despite losing. She still has an ace up her sleeve that we don't know about."

Rarity gasped, "Oh, dear."

"Do we have any idea what that ace might be?" Twilight asked.

Celestia shook her head, "No idea, and the Queen isn't saying a word on the matter."

"So what do we do now?"

The sun princess sighed, turning to look out the window.

"It concerns your current 'condition', and the one responsible for it."

The Element Bearers glanced at their additional wings and/or horns.

"As much as I don't want to, I'm going to release Isaac-"

"WHAT?!"

"That's crazy talk!"

Celestia cleared her throat, silencing their protests.

"I will release him while under heavy restraints. He won't be able to use his full power. After he returns you to normal, the six of you will be his parole officers."

"Excuse me fer this, but why us?" Applejack asked.

The white alicorn turned back them, staring all six of them in the eyes with the most serious expression they had ever seen on her.

"Simple, you're going to reform him."

Author's Note:

Guess who's back? Back again? This fic's back! Back again!