• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 21,557 Views, 1,248 Comments

The King of Angels - Wheenesss



What happens when you drop a human into Equestria and give him five random superpowers? Here's a hint: Nothing Good

  • ...
164
 1,248
 21,557

Chapter 19

(Canterlot High School, Cafeteria, 11:30 AM)

Snips scratched the back of his head, "Uh, I know Principal Celestia is hot and all, but I wouldn't really call her a Prince-"

"Shut up Snips." Isaac and Sunset Shimmer said at the same time. They then blinked and looked at each other. Isaac smirked and Sunset glared at him.

"Who are you?" she demanded.

The disguised angel hummed, "I don't know if I should. If I told you, you might freak out a bit. What I will tell you is that I don't work for your old teacher."

Her eyes narrowed, "Then why are you here?"

"I just wanted to meet you, and ask you a couple of questions. As I said before, are we going to talk in private or do I have to make a scene?"

Sunset scoffed, "You wouldn't." Not in front of all these witnesses. What could he possibly do to her anyway?

Isaac leaned in close so only she could see his face, "Oh yes I would, because unlike you, I can still use magic. You wouldn't want me to get a little bit.... destructive, now would you?" he whispered the last part, making his eyes glow an eerie red for emphasis.

"Oh damn it!" she thought as her eyes widened, "Snips, Snails! Excuse us for a moment."

The ancient evil smirked as Celestia's ex-protege stood up, "Follow me."

With that, the two of them left the Cafeteria. This caused the students to break out into chatter over what just happened.


(Canterlot High School, Hallways, 11:35 PM)

The two of them stopped walking when they reached the empty classroom that Isaac had used to assume his human form. He opened the door for her with a smile.

"Ladies' first." he said. Sunset growled, her fists clenching in agitation as she walked inside. The disguised angel soon followed in after her, closing the door behind them.

"What do you want?" the mare in-a-teenager's body asked, arms folded. Damn it! She was absolutely helpless against this guy, whoever he was. For whatever reason he still had his magic after going through the portal.

He smiled again, "All in due time. But first, allow me to apologize for being so rude. I'm on a tight schedule you see, so I don't have time to take things slowly. You wanted my name, correct?"

In a flash of golden flames, he had resumed his true form, wings and all.

"My name is Isaac, the former Herald of Discord."

Sunset paled even more so, taking a step back in fear. She had heard the stories growing up of course, but she had never believed them until now. There was a living legend in front of her, and she was completely defenseless.

His smile widened at her reaction, "My first question for you is, what do you want out of life?"

The transformed unicorn blinked, her fear temporarily forgotten due to the sheer unexpectedness of the question.

"Umm... what?" was all she could say.

"What I mean is, what did you hope to accomplish by going through the mirror? I've heard second-hand accounts from others, but I want to hear your side of the story."

Sunset blinked. She thought back to her last few months in Equestria, and a scowl reappeared on her face.

"You want to know? Well then here it is. Years ago back in Equestria when I was still Celestia's student, she showed me the Crystal Mirror. When she asked me what I saw in the mirror, I told her the truth. I told her I saw a beautiful, powerful, genius unicorn. Somepony who could become an Alicorn and rule all of Equestria! When I started seeing something strange, Celestia took me away from the mirror. Over the next few weeks, that was all I could ever think about. Of course I wanted to know what it was that I saw, but anytime I brought up the mirror all she'd say is 'you'll learn more about it when you're ready'." she began, doing an exaggerated impression of Princess Celestia at the end.

"Well I was ready, but she was just holding me back as usual. So I started researching the Crystal Mirror behind her back. And what I learned about it was very interesting. There's the obvious fact that it was a portal to this world, but did you know it was created by Starswirl the Bearded? Centuries ago, he and Celestia used mirrors like it to go to all sorts of alternate versions of Equestria! It was amazing!" she folded her arms.

"Celestia found out of course, and we got into an argument. I asked to be turned into an Alicorn like I deserve to be. You want to know what she said to me? She said that being a Princess must be earned, and then said I wasn't her student anymore! Tch, that was fine. I had already learned everything I needed to from her. When she tried to have the Royal Guards escort me out of the castle, I overpowered them and went through the mirror." then she looked down at herself.

"I came out of the statue in front of the school, looking like this. I thought the mirror lead to somewhere important. A place where I could get the power and recognition I deserve. But it turned out that she lied to me. Why show me the stupid mirror if it didn't go anywhere important?!" she yelled, finishing her speech.

Sunset absolutely hated it here. She had to go through puberty again as an entirely different species. She came out of the mirror as a child, so she was immediately snatched up by the authorities and put into an orphanage when they learned she had no family. She had to go through public schooling, and worst of all was the complete lack of magic anywhere. The only saving grace was the fact that the technology here was much more advanced than in Equestria.

Normally she wouldn't have shared information like this with anyone, but Isaac could have killed her if she didn't answer.

Sunset sighed, "And now you know." she folded her arms and glared at him, "So what n-"

Her eyes widened as she looked at the angel in question. Isaac was hunched over, trying to stop himself from laughing. Judging from the look on his face, he wasn't having much success.

He snickered, "Hehehehe-T-that's it? You got mad that Celestia wasn't going as fast you wanted, and didn't do what you wanted her to? Hehehehe! You sound like a spoiled foal throwing a temper tantrum because her parents didn't buy her that toy she wanted!"

Sunset's glare returned in incredible force, "Excuse me?!"

Isaac wiped a tear from his eye, "I'm sorr-wait, no I'm not! That's exactly what it sounds like!" Did she really not get how big being able to go to alternate dimensions, no matter how "boring" they may be is? He wondered why Celestia even took her on as a student in the first place, aside from her magical potential. Did she think she could change her attitude in time for Nightmare Moon?

She resisted the urge to punch him in the face, out of the fear that he would kill her in retaliation. But boy was it looking more and more worth it as this conversation went on...

"So what? You came here just to judge me?!" she spat out.

His laughter died down, "Hehehe... No, not really. I just didn't expect your view of what happened to be so... childish. No, I've still get more to ask you."

She scowled, "What is it?"

"You shouldn't frown so much, you'll get wrinkles early. Anyways, what I want to know next is.... What are you going to do now? It'll have been thirty moons since you left Equestria about a year from now, and the portal will reopen naturally. I forced my way in with chaos magic by the way. What then?" he asked.

"That depends on whether or not you care about what happens to Equestria."

"Oh, I don't. I'm getting as far away from Celestia and the Element Bearers as I can. I don't want to get petrified again." a lie, but he wanted her to answer honestly.

Sunset nodded, "My plan is to steal the Element of Magic, bring it back here, use it's power to enslave the entire student body, and use them as my army when I take over Equestria!" she said, puffing out her chest at the end.

Isaac opened his mouth and looked as if he was going to say something in protest. Then he closed his mouth, turned around, and started snickering again.

"O-Oh my god." He chuckled, covering his mouth to prevent laughter from coming out.

The former unicorn growled, "What's so funny?!"

"Your plan.... It's so bad!" he managed to get out, before descending into snickers again.

"How is it bad?!"

The angel quickly regained his composure and turned back around to face her.

"One, the Elements of Harmony choose their bearers. How do think the Element of Magic will react if someone other than it's chosen tries to use it's power? What if it decides to reduce you to a smoking crater? That's assuming anything will happen it all."

Sunset frowned, she hadn't thought of that. "Well-"

He cut her off, "That's also assuming you'll be able to steal it in the first place. Celestia's been beefing up security around Canterlot ever since I got free."

She didn't know that, but her plan wasn't impossible! "I-"

He cut her off again, "Even if you're able to successfully steal it and use it's power to enslave the entire student body, what do you think is going to happen after you get them all through the portal? They'll be transformed into ponies and will need time to get used to their new bodies. Plus, they're all teenagers. Hardly an effective fighting force."

Isaac may put down the Royal Guards a lot, but even they could deal with something like that easily.

That... made a lot of sense, but still! "Wai-"

Her cut her off once more, "In addition, you know Celestia is going to send someone after you if you somehow manage to steal the Element of Magic. Probably the Element Bearers themselves. What if they take it back before you can try and use it's power? Odds are they're going to blast you into stone just like they did Discord."

"I..." Sunset looked down. As much as it hurt her ego to admit it, her plan sucked. Why didn't she think of all that?

Isaac grinned as she actually considered his words. While in actuality her plan would have almost worked if things went according to canon, he liked to poke holes in other people's logic.

"By jove, I think she's finally getting it!" he said.

She glared up a him, "No need to rub it in! Is that all you wanted to know, or are you just going to make fun of me more?!"

He chuckled, "A few more things, dear. What are you going to do now? Considering I just pointed out all the reasons why your plan won't work and all."

Sunset looked completely lost. What would she do now? At this point, all that was driving her was her goal of revenge on Celestia and conquering Equestria. Now that her plan had been ripped to shreds right in front of her eyes, what was left?

"I... don't know." she finally admitted, sitting down on a desk.

The angel hummed, "You could always return to Equestria, make up with Celestia, and reunite with your family? I'm sure they miss you."

She clenched her fists, "Never." She still hated Celestia for holding her back, and her family.... she doubted they even noticed she was gone.

"Then what are you going to do? I can tell you hate living here as well." he pointed out.

"I DON'T KNOW, OKAY?!" she shouted at him, standing up again. She almost looked as if she was going to cry, Isaac noted.

He chuckled, "Well then. Do you still want power and to rule Equestria?"

"Yes." she said firmly. At least that was clear to her.

"Then say by some miracle that hare-brained scheme of yours actually worked. Do you really think you can be a better ruler than Celestia, who has millennia more experience than you do?"

"Yes!" she said more firmly. She knew it deep down inside that she could be better than that lying, two-faced ex-teacher of hers...

"There would be rebellion you know. The ponies of Equestria wouldn't take kindly to a sudden change in management. If you tried to force them to obey you, they'd just rebel harder. Plus, many of Equestria's allied nations would help the rebels get Celestia put back on the throne. I doubt you could withstand their combined onslaught."

Sunset cringed, sitting back down. "I-I..." What was wrong with her? She shouldn't be getting all worked up from just a few words damn it!

"And, I doubt Celestia or Luna would tell you about the spell they use to move the Sun and Moon. No matter how much you tortured them, assuming you have the stomach for that. They've never written it down because they don't want to risk someone like you gaining control of the celestial bodies. Any attempts at getting inside their heads also fails because their wills are too strong. Celestia has only taught the spell to one other pony, and that's Princess Cadence. She'd never give it up to you either. Since you wouldn't be able to move the celestial bodies, that would get everyone, even Equestria's enemies on your butt. Nobody wants an eternal night on one side of the planet, and an eternal day on the other. Your 'rule' would fall within the year. You'd probably spend eternity banished to the moon or petrified."

Sunset started tearing up, "I.... I..." She broke out into full-blown crying, sobbing into her hands.

Isaac smiled, and in a flash of golden flames he was in his human disguise again. He walked right by her, patting her on the head as he left the classroom.

He left her with this remark, "Like I said, a spoiled foal."

He walked past a gobsmacked Snips and Snails, who were of course eavesdropping. He doubted anybody would believe them if they squealed, assuming they got over their new found fear of him. He'd be gone from this world by the end of the day anyway.


(Canterlot High School, Cafeteria, 11:42 AM)

Isaac whistled as he walked back into the lunchroom, to the wide-eyed stares of everyone inside. Nobody moved or said anything as he walked over to and sat down at what used to be Sunset's table.

Then a mob of teenagers rushed over to him, loudly asking questions.

"What the heck happened?!"

"Where's Sunset Shimmer?!"

"What did you do?!"

These were some of the questions he heard getting asked over and over again. Eventually, Applejack's human counterpart forced her way to the front of the move.

"Move aside, move aside y'all! Let the guy breathe!" she said. People obeyed, and the noise died down to whispers. Applejack looked at him with wide eyes.

"Now seriously sugarcube, what the FUCK just happened?" she asked.

Isaac smiled, "Me and Sunset just talked for a while. Unfortunately, what I had to say left her in tears."

They went silent again.

"No way!" he heard a familiar voice call from the back. Was that Rainbow Dash's human counterpart?

"Uh... Believe it." Snips said, and everyone turned to him and Snails as they walked into the cafeteria with thousand-yard stares on their faces.

Isaac's smile grew wider, "She shouldn't be a problem for you guys any longer."

The silence was deafening. Everyone just couldn't believe that the girl that had terrorized them for so long was reduced to tears by just a few words.

"THREE CHEERS FOR THE NEW GUY!" Rainbow Dash's voice called out, breaking the silence.

Cheers broke out across the room as they dragged him out of his seat and tossed him up and down like a rock star, much to his amusement. He knew they would be happy that Sunset was no longer bothering them, but he never imagined they'd be this happy.

"HIP HIP HURRAY!"

"WE'RE FREE!"

"PLEASE GO OUT WITH ME!"

Isaac grinned at their cheers.

"All that's left to do here is deal with the Sirens I found out about in Starswirl's biography, and then I can go back to Equestria." he thought. Of course he'd wait until the lunch period ended. Mainly not to be suspicious, but also because....

Well, he never was the type of guy to turn down an adoring public.