• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 21,559 Views, 1,248 Comments

The King of Angels - Wheenesss



What happens when you drop a human into Equestria and give him five random superpowers? Here's a hint: Nothing Good

  • ...
164
 1,248
 21,559

Chapter 17

(Tartarus, 8:03 PM)

The Princesses, despite the kindness that they are known for, can be incredibly cruel when they want to be. Imprisoning someone in Tartarus was just one example of this cruelty. The place was dark, dry and depressing. Plus it was guarded by the giant three-headed dog known as Cerberus, who would attack anybody who tried to get in or out other than the the Princesses. The only reason Tirek hadn't died from starvation years ago was that he was just as immortal as an alicorn, and thus did not require food. He was still going to be incredibly weakened by the experience though.

Isaac glared at the empty cage in the center of the prison. He knew all of this from looking over Luna's, or rather Nightmare Moon's memories, and felt it necessary to check and see if the evil centaur was still imprisoned. Obviously, he wasn't. Cerberus wasn't that hard to get by. All Isaac had to do was cast a sleeping spell and the mutt fell down like a sack full of rocks.

"Goddamnit Cerberus..." he grumbled. This could only have happened during that 'Future Twilight' incident. No wonder Ceberus suddenly appeared in Ponyville.

The dog was trying to find Tirek, who had somehow escaped.

In a flash of golden flames, Isaac transformed into a timberwolf and began sniffing the cage. His ears perked up when he caught a whiff of his newest target's scent. The former human turned around and started running for the exit, following Tirek's scent the entire way. He did not feel like dealing with a G1 villain anytime soon, so he would get rid of Tirek before he became a problem.

Plus, that magic absorbing ability sounded very useful...


(Ponyville, Minuette's House, 9:27 PM)

'Blue Lily' whistled as she walked back into her cousin's home. She was wearing saddlebags full of books.

"Trixie, I'm back!" she called out.

"Thank Celestia!" the showmare replied sarcastically from the basement.

The blue unicorn rolled her eyes as she headed downstairs. The two of them had gotten bored playing board games, so she decided to head to the library and check out some reading material. While they had looked over what Minuette had to read, most of it was boring as well.

When she made it downstairs, Blue Lily was greeted to the scene of an unamused Trixie playing solitaire while watching Cadence look miserable in the dollhouse she had been put in. The showmare's ears perked up when she saw the books.

"Did you get what Trixie asked for?" she asked.

Blue Lily grinned and levitated her partner's requests over to her.

"Yep, illusion spellbooks and decent romance novels, all just for you!"

The caped unicorn rolled her eyes and grabbed the books in her own magical aura. "Thanks." Trixie replied, and began reading.

Blue Lily smiled and took out her own reading material. Despite Applejack and Cadence's memories she really didn't know that much about Equestrian history, so she sought to rectify that as soon as possible.

"Let's see... 'The Biography of Star Swirl the Bearded' sounds like a good place to start." she muttered, and opened to the first page. Why not start with one of history's most influential ponies outside of the Princesses?


(Filydelphia, 11:07 PM)

Tirek grumbled as he trudged through the darkened streets, wearing a black cloak to hide his appearance. He had escaped that infernal prison months ago, and had been slowly but surely recovering his strength ever since. Once he was at full-power, all of the world's magic would be his to control. Then he could get revenge on those two damned alicorns who had imprisoned him in the first place, and take over the world.

He smiled a sharp-toothed smile as he saw a nervous-looking unicorn stallion walking across the street. The evil centaur's eyes glanced from side to side. There was nobody else around. Perfect. The centaur discretely turned into an alleyway before the stallion could notice.

Then, he waited. He waited for the stallion to get closer. One he was close enough Tirek would drag him into the alleyway, suck every last drop of magic out of him, and then kill him. Then he'd move onto his next meal, but for now he would wait.

*CLIP CLOP, CLIP CLOP!*

Tirek licked in lips in anticipation as the sound of the stallion's hooves moving grew louder. He could already taste the magic in that pony, just waiting to be eaten.

"Yes.... come closer..." he whispered as quietly as possible, in that raspy voice of his.

*CLIP CLOP, CLIP CLOP!*

He had to be careful though. If he screwed up and this stallion managed to get away, those damned alicorns would find out about his escape and toss him back into Tartarus as soon as possible.

*CLIP CLOP, CLIP CLOP!*

Tirek refused to ever go back there. The silence and darkness were absolutely maddening!

*CLIP CLOP, CLIP CLOP!*

Sweat rolled down his neck in anticipation. Just a few more steps....

*CLIP CLOP, CLIP CLO-*

Now! Tirek pounced, grabbing the surprised stallion and dragging him into the alleyway.

"HELP! SOMEPONY HEL-" the stallion's screams were cut off by the centaur's hand over his mouth. After that he started to struggle, but Tirek was still stronger then him even in his heavily weakened state.

"Shhhh..... Just relax. It will all be over a minute." the ancient evil whispered into his victim's ear. It's not like these ponies needed magic to live or anything, and they wasted it on such frivolous pursuits such as friendship and harmony.

The innocent pony's eyes widened in fear, and he tried to use his magic. Unfortunately, that was exactly what Tirek wanted. The centaur opened his mouth and inhaled, cutting off whatever spell the stallion was going to cast.

Magic flowed like a fountain from the victim's horn and into Tirek's mouth, feeding him. As the stallion's magic was drained away, his physical struggling faded into nothing. The light vanished from his eyes, and his cutie mark disappeared as well. Only when there was no more magic left to drain and the poor pony was unconscious from the drain, did the centaur let him fall to the cold hard ground.

The ancient evil chuckled lowly, " See? I told you it would be over in a minute."

While this stallion's magic was only a drop in the ocean that was his full strength, Tirek appreciated every contribution to his recovery. Now to dispose of him. The centaur raised a clawed hand, prepared to gouge out the poor stallion's throat and dump his body in a nearby trashcan.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." a voice remarked from behind.

If Tirek was a lesser being he would have jumped in surprise, but as he is the centaur just froze with widened eyes. Then he slowly turned around to see who had snuck up on him.

It was bipedal, that was for sure. It was probably also male if the voice was any indication. He was wearing blue pants made of some unknown material, a beige hoodie over a white t-shirt, and sandals. The strange being bore an odd resemblance to a hairless monkey, having pink skin. Mostly hairless to be more accurate. He had red hair on his head, eyebrows, and a full beard. His green eyes looked at him with thinly veiled disgust.

His most distinctive was the large pair of white wings folded against his back.

" What? Who are you?" Tirek asked.

"My name is Isaac, and depending on how you answer the next couple of questions I'm going to ask you, I may or may not be your executioner tonight."

Tirek's eyes widened even further, "You're that Isaac? The Herald of Discord, Master of Chaos?"

The angel hummed in agreement, "I used to be, but not anymore. Since Discord is stuck in stone, I'm free to do whatever I want."

"I.... see." the centaur replied. Damn it all! Why couldn't Celestia keep her other enemies under control?! Tirek clenched his fists in frustration. This being was of alicorn-level strength! He didn't have a chance if he angered him.

"I noticed you drained that poor pony's magic and then you were about to kill him? Might I ask why?" Isaac asked.

The ancient evil sweated, "I've been... imprisoned in Tartarus for many centuries. When I finally managed to escape, I was greatly weakened. I've been recovering my strength by feeding on the magic of the Equestrians ever since."

Isaac rolled his eyes, "Why did you think it was a good idea to do one of the things that got you put in there in the first place?"

Tirek grit his teeth, "Why do you care? You and your master preyed on these ponies just as I ha-"

*THUMP!*

His response was cut off by a hard kick to the face, sending him sprawling into a garbage can. Isaac's eyes grew cold and hard.

"Let's get one thing absolutely straight here. Discord is not, nor was he ever, my master. Got it, small-fry?"

Tirek groaned, "Understood."

"Good boy. But to answer your question, I've decided to turn over a new leaf. No more needless chaos for this guy." Isaac replied.

The centaur grunted as he stood back up, "So you've become one of Celestia's serva-" he stopped talking because of the look the angel was sending him.

"No. If I'm going to be a 'good guy', I'm going to be one on my own terms thank you very much. Plus I don't want to get petrified again."

Tirek eyes narrowed, "I find it hard to believe that Celestia lets you wander about her nation without her approval."

"Oh she doesn't. She's actually searching for me right now, but she was always terrible at playing 'Hide and Seek'."

"Indeed."

"Now, next question." Isaac began, walking towards him. Tirek cringed and backed up into a wall, but to no avail. The angel grabbed him by the neck, and pulled up him to eye-level. The centaur gasped, grabbing at Isaac's arm.

"Why shouldn't I kill you?"

Tirek sputtered, "I-I can help you!"

"Oh, how?" Isaac replied.

"Y-You don't have to force yourself to act against your nature in order to remain free! Together we can defeat Celestia and rule this world!"

The angel chuckled, "What makes you think I need your help? What makes you think I want to share?"

"You were never able to defeat Celestia and Luna even with Discord on your side! I can become even stronger than Discord if I continue to feed on magic! Besides, everyone needs a.... friend to look out for them." Tirek answered.

For a moment, it seemed to the centaur like Isaac was considered. He didn't answer immediately, and looked like he was actually considering his offer. Tirek mentally sighed in relief. Once this fool helped him return to his full strength and the Princesses were dealt with, he would feed on his magic. Then, the world would be hi-

"hahahahaha....."

"Oh damn it." the centaur thought.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A-Are you fucking serious?! That was the weakest attempt to manipulate me I've ever heard. God you're pathetic!" Isaac howled.

He knew all along?! "T-Then why did you bother to-"

*THUMP*

Tirek's question was cut off as the angel slammed him into the wall, his grip tightening around his neck to the point where he could no longer breathe.

Isaac chuckled. It was a low, dark, menacing chuckle.

"Because you're dealing with a sadistic bastard who likes to play with his prey when he has the time for it."

"P-Please! Mercy!" Tirek sputtered.

The angel's smile dropped from his face, "Were you ever merciful to those you preyed on a thousand years ago? I doubt it. If Celestia and Luna had found you, they would have just tossed you back into Tartarus."

Isaac raised his other hand, which had begun glowing with dark red chaos magic.

His smile returned, "I believe in more permanent solutions to problems. Goodbye!"

Tirek's eyes widened, "N-"

*SKLITCH!*

When the poor stallion woke up the next morning, his magic was returned and he had no memory of getting attacked.


(Ponyville, Minuette's House, Basement, 5:00 AM)

Isaac and Trixie stood in front of the Crystal Mirror. Minuette had come home, eaten dinner with her 'cousin', and subsequently went to bed.

"What do you mean Trixie can't go?! She helped steal this mirror!" the showmare complained, glaring at her employer.

"Your counterpart attends the school on the other side. There's a huge chance you'll meet her, or someone she knows which will make people ask questions." the angel replied.

"What about you?"

"I'm not native to the 'pony-section' of the multiverse, remember? I have a much lower chance of running into another version of me than you do."

Trixie grumbled.

"Plus, you won't be able to use magic as a human unless I do something to you." Isaac pointed out.

"Why would you be able to use it? Doesn't the mirror alter whoever goes through it?"

"It does, but not in the way most people think it does. I think, emphasis on think, that the mirror alters the user's body to match their counterpart on the other side. Your counterpart is a teenager, while you're an adult. In a timeline where I never came to Equestria, Twilight Sparkle would have become a teenage human when she went through the mirror despite her actual age. Since I probably don't have a counterpart on the other side, it shouldn't change me. If it does change me and I can't use magic on the other side, I'll come back and tell you."

Trixie sighed, "Fine, but Trixie is going with you when we use the other mirror."

Isaac nodded, "That's fair. Now to get my other body here..."

*FWOOM!*

In a flash of golden flames, a second Isaac appeared. Unlike the one that was in the room before, this Isaac was wearing a strange, triangle-like necklace.

The showmare raised an eyberow, "Where did he-Trixie meant you, get the necklace?"

"I stole it from an ancient evil that Twilight Sparkle accidentally let out of Tartarus." both bodies said at the same time.

Trixie opened her mouth, then closed it.

"You know what? Trixie doesn't want to know right know."

"That's probably for the best."

With that, both bodies fused into one in flash of golden flames. Isaac cracked his knuckles and rubbed his hands together with a grin.

"Now to open the portal!"

The angel faced the mirror and placed a hand on it. He took a deep breath, and focused. He looked for the connection Equestria and this other world. Isaac started glowing a deep, burning red. He used chaos magic to latch onto the connection, and then strengthened it. The mirror was soon shaking and glowing red as well. He grunted in exertion. The angel was close, and he could feel it. Just a little more.... and!

*VWOOM!*

In a burst of red light Isaac had disappeared, leaving Trixie standing in awe.


(Canterlot High School, 5:00 AM)

"WOAH!" Isaac shouted, as he fell out of a statue. Thank god there was nobody here to see that. He groaned as he rubbed his head and stood up. He looked up the sky. The sun was just starting to rise. Then he looked in front at the building before him. Yep. Definitely a High School. Now for the important part.

Isaac looked over his shoulder and grinned. His wings were still there. Then closed his eyes and looked inside of himself. In a flash of golden flames, his wings had disappeared, leaving him with the appearance of a normal human being. His grin widened. Magic was still an option.

He chuckled and said to himself, "Sunset Shimmer, you're going back to Equestria whether you want to or not."

Author's Note:

Hello guys! Chapter 17 coming at you! To be honest, I had this chapter planned out I just had trouble with finals and actually writing it down decently.