• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 1,575 Views, 11 Comments

Equestria Noir Side Story "Gennyration" - Jacoboby1



A side story set in the Noirverse following Genny and her life with Fluttershy and Big Mac.

  • ...
0
 11
 1,575

Gennyration

Author's Note:

A short, fluff piece that I hope you all enjoy!

Equestria Noir
Side Story
“Gennyration”
By Jacoboby1

Perspective: Genny

I looked at myself in the mirror as I got ready. Everything was so exciting! I was going to attend school for the first time! This was going to be fun! I’ll get to see all my friends and...Mumble too. I brushed my mane, gathered the schooled supplies that I would need, and put them in the saddle bags that Fluttershy had gotten for me, I then looked at myself in the mirror, again, just to make sure I looked good. I wanted to make a good impression, my first day!

I was told I looked a lot like a mix between Applebloom and Scootaloo. I had Applebloom’s yellow coat and Scootaloo’s purple mane. I liked keeping it smooth, never liked Sweetie Belle’s curls back when I was all Alicorn. It felt, nice to be a pegasus. To be normal at least a little bit.

“Genny? Time for us to get going,” Fluttershy called from downstairs.

“I’ll be there in a bit!” I called back, grabbing my saddlebags and smiling. This, was gonna be a great day! I know it!

____________________________________________________________

I trotted along with Fluttershy, on our way to school. It was a nice walk, with trees and the fence along the side of the road, and the other farms on the other side. The air smelled really nice, and the sun was shining. I was happy Fluttershy was walking with me.

I also flapped my wings a little in the breeze. Before it felt wrong having them, but thanks to Mumble I learned how to fly real well! I’m a real pegasus now!

Today is the day I go to school for the first time! I know it’ll be fun. I’ve never been to a school before. In fact, I haven’t done a lot as far as I can remember. But I know I’ll do good! I gotta make Fluttershy proud!

“Alright Genny,” Fluttershy said gently to me. “We’re here.” The school looked like one of those gingerbread houses that the bakery sold over the holidays. It had all sorts of fancy curlicues, and nice wide windows, and a tower with a bell on top. It was red to stand out from the other buildings, and let everypony know it was a school.

“Wooow!” I said, looking up at it. “It’s biiig!”

Fluttershy smiled. “Oh yes, and I’m sure you’ll have fun inside.”

“You aren’t coming with me?” I asked her, feeling a little sad.

Fluttershy shook her head and said, “As much as I want to Genny, school is for foals, so I have to stay outside while you’re in class. But don’t worry, I’ll be around to pick you up after school.”

I smiled and said, “Will Mac come too?”

Fluttershy blushed a little. I knew she always liked Big Mac a lot ever since I started staying with her. Now they were married and I was really happy to see them together! Fluttershy was so happy when Mac was around.

“Um, sure, Mackey will come around.” Fluttershy said with that smile she always gets whenever she’s thinking of Mac.

I liked Mac, he was big but he was very nice. He really liked Fluttershy too. Just like me and Mumble...I wonder if we’ll get married some day.

“Alright, Genny, time for you to go in,” Fluttershy said as the big bell rang.

“I’ll miss you,” I said, hugging her leg.

She hugged me back and said, “I’ll miss you too, I’ll come around after school alright?”

“Alright, see you!” I said, and then ran inside with all the other kids.

_________________________________________________________

I remembered a lot of the other kids from when I was in the hospital along time ago. They were Mumble’s friends and they were all really nice. Inside there were desks for us to sit at, a chalkboard, and shelves with books, and a microscope. The walls were a really really light green, with more curly lines. All the desks had these cute heart-shaped cut-outs on them, and a tilted top to make writing and reading easier.

The teacher’s desk was up front, by the chalkboard with a gold top, and gold painted hearts on it, and sitting behind it, looking happy was the teacher. She looked like she was the color of raspberries, and her mane was two different types of pink, and a cutie mark of smiling daisies. She looked really nice.

“Now everypony settle down please,” She said, everypony quieted down. “Today we have a new student that I think you are all familiar with, Genny has decided to join us today.”

I waved as everybody smiled and waved back at me. I’m glad I made so many friends. Mumble even waved too, though he seemed kind of shy. He shouldn’t be shy, I like Mumble.

“Well, we were going to have a little family presentation today.” Cheerilee said to me. “You don’t have to participate since you just arrived.”

I did get to watch everypony give their presentations though.

Applebloom’s family was huge! I watched her list a lot of her cousins, uncles, aunts and of course her big brother and sister, and her grandmother. She doesn’t have a mommy or daddy though, I wonder why?

Sweetie Belle didn’t talk much about her parents, but did talk a lot about her big sister Rarity. She’s so beautiful and talented! Plus she’s one of the Elements too and she owns that pretty dress shop too!

Scootaloo didn’t talk about her family very much, just her adoptive sister Rainbow Dash. I see her flying around a lot when Fluttershy and I go into town. She’s kind of a show off but seems nice.

Everypony’s presentations were all wonderful and amazing! But….

I didn’t have any parents, no cousins, or brothers or sisters. Well, Tyran sort of but he doesn’t really count. I just...remember a lab..and a scary witch who said she was my mama…

Where...where’s my family…?

___________________________________________________________

Outside the school was a nice grassy area with picnic tables, swings, seesaws, and swings. There were some woods close by, too, but not like the Everfree Forest. They were nice woods. It is really nice, because we get to play, and eat lunch in the sunshine. Everypony also gets to hang out with their friends, too, which is nice.

I wonder if Mumble will want to play! He’s the nicest colt in the whoo

OOF!

I bumped into somepony on accident. I looked up and saw...a saddlebag with a little blue doll sticking out of i-

“Watch where you’re going!” I heard a very mean voice yell.

Not her…

I looked up and saw Diamond Meaniepants Tiara looking down at me, trying really hard to hide the doll. Funny, it looked a lot like Tailspin.

“Just what do you think you were doing?!” She yelled at me.

“Sorry,” I said. “I didn’t see you, I was looking for Mumble…”

Diamond rolled her eyes, “Are you still stupid enough to believe that is his name?”

“I’m not stupid!” I yelled.

“Course you're not,” She said, mean like, “You're just a freak! Born in some lab that nobody cares about! It’s cuz of you we got stuck in that mansion in the first place!”

“Fluttershy cares about me!” I yelled. “She’s-”

“She’s not really your mom.” She said, with a mean smile. “She just took pity on you because anypony else would’ve left you on the streets. You were lucky the Princess was able to turn you into a normal pegasus otherwise you’d be even more of a freak than you already are.”

“Fluttershy..she is…” I said, trying not to cry. Fluttershy loved me, she took care of me she…

“Please,” She said, shaking her head. “The minute her and Big Mac have a foal of their own, you’ll be out on the streets before you can even blink!”

“That’s not true!” I yelled. “And I will prove it!”

I then ran off, I didn’t even hear Cheerilee calling for me. It can’t be true! She wouldn’t leave me! It can’t be true!!

______________________________________________________

Fluttershy and Big Mac’s house was a new edition to the Apple Farm. It was still nicely painted, and very homey. It was also kinda big. Apparently Apples are fans of big families. The more the merrier, I guess. The furniture, according to Fluttershy, were heirlooms, gifted by Golden Delicious. They had been much loved, and needed some care to restore them to usefulness, but they made the house seem like it had been there for generations of Apples.

I got up to the front door and heard voices upstairs. It was Fluttershy and Big Mac!

I walked carefully up the stairs until I could hear them good.

Fluttershy spoke first, “I’m sure we can clear out a little space here.” Her voice was coming from one of the empty bedrooms. “I mean, it’s not going to be for a while, but this, could be nice…”

Big Mac chuckled, “It’s wonderful Shy, Ah’m sure our foal’ll love it when he or she finally comes around.

They...they were thinking about having a foal...they…

“Course we’ll have tah think bout Genny.” Big Mac said.

I tried not to tear up.

“I’m sure we can make arrangements for her.” Fluttershy said. “We’re going to be busy after all.”

They...they…

“Ah love ya Shy, and Ah can’t wait till it happens.” Big Mac said.

I heard Fluttershy giggle a little, “Don’t be too eager Mackey, we have a little ways before we can think about foals.”

They were! They were thinking about foals! That...that meant that I…

I broke out into a loud cry and ran out the door, knocking over a coat rack as I ran out. They were! They were going to have a foal! They will forget about me! I was never part of their family in the first place! I was fooling myself! I was stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
Just...like Mother said….I’m worthless after all…

________________________________________________________

Perspective: Big Macintosh

Me an’ Shy were talkin’ about having foals, when I heard somepony cry out, an’ gallop away. Ah ran down tha stairs t’ see who it could be, an’ saw Genny runnin’ off. Lan’ sakes, what got into that girl? Ah’d better go after her, ‘fore she gets herself hurt.
Ah tracked her down tah Fluttershy’s cottage. We were thinkin’ of turnin’ tha’ old house into a full time animal shelter, now that Shy was livin with me. Allus was a funny sorta place. Looked like it was excavated outta a hill, an’ had grass growin’ on top of it. Allus seemed kinda odd that Shy liked livin’ in a house made under tha ground, but Ah guess that’s what makes her special. Among..other thangs...No Mac cut it out!

Ah walked up to tah door and heard cryin’ inside. That had to be Genny. I pushed open the door gently and saw the lil filly crying into a cushion. Lan’ sakes, no filly should be cryin’ like that.

“Genny?” Ah said, coming up to her.

She looked up at me and wiped her blue eyes and said, “Oh, hello Mac...I…”

I walked up to her and wiped her blue eyes with mah big hoof. “What’s gotcha so messed up? Why’re ya crying a river here?”
She looked down, her ears flat as she said, “I-I heard you and Fluttershy talking about, foals.”

Ah smiled and said, “Course we were, we were tryin’ tah figure out how tah use the space we were-” Ah then saw fresh tears commin’ tah her eyes. “Genny, what’s wrong?”

She wiped at her eyes again, “If… if you and Fluttershy want me to leave, I won’t be a bother anymore. I’ll, find some family to take me in.”

Oh, oh no dun’ tell me it’s like this. Poor thing…

Ah gently picked her up in mah hooves and had her look at me, sayin’, “Genny, ya weren’t a bother, Shy and Ah would never abandon you.”

She looked away. “But, I’m not part of your family.”

“‘Course ya are,” Ah said firmly. “Shy took ya in, and she married me, so we’re bringin’ ya along too.”

“But, I’m not your real daughter or sister or anything,” She said, looking at me. “Because of me, Applebloom and so many others were kidnapped. My own, life is the result of Mother’s work on them. I...I’m a freak.”

Ah then looked at her...and pulled her into a warm hug.

She was surprised, Ah could tell. She looked up at me, but Ah jus’ kept holding her and said, “Dun matter what ya look like. Dun matter where ya came from. Dun matter if yer blood or no. Cuz, real family ain’t blood. Real family is everypony who loves and cares for one another. Anypony who says otherwise is blind, and ignorant. Ain’t no reason Ah should abandon you, cuz yer part of mah family now, an’ that makes you an Apple. An’ Apples ain’t ever gonna leave their kin behind.”

She started cryin’ again, but this was happy cryin’. Ah held her tightly tah me as she hugged me back. Such a lil thang...like Shy.

Ah put her on mah back and began tah walk outside. “Whaddya say we head on home…?”

She smiled, and hugged mah neck sayin, “Okay...Papa…”

Ah smiled at that, and we made our way down tah path…

_______________________________________________________

Perspective: Fluttershy

I was glad Big Mac found Genny in time. When he told me why she ran away, I decided, that there was something I needed to do. So now, I’m sitting across from one of my best friends in the whole world, in order to get this settled. Twilight was always somewhat… obsessive about organization. I guess it helps, now that she’s a princess. She found what she needed quickly, and was going over them, thoughtfully. There’s hardly a need to describe Twilight. I’m sure everypony knows who she is now. Though she’s gotten a bit taller, since she’s become an Alicorn, and her horn’s gotten a bit pointier. She’s still the same good-hearted pony I’ve come to care for, however. I doubt that will ever change.

“One thing you can always count on when doing princessing,” Twilight said, “Lots of paperwork.” She plopped down a stack of files before me. “I’ll just need you and Big Mac to sign these and I’ll make sure they get through the system. Genny will be an official member of the Apple Family by next week if all goes according to plan.”

“Oh that’s wonderful,” I said with a smile. “I’m sure Genny will be happy to know she’s a part of our family.”

Twilight smiled at me, “It never ceases to amaze me just how far you’ll go for anypony in need.”

“I’m just making sure nopony like Glimmer ever hurts an innocent like Genny again.” I replied firmly.

“I’m glad to do my part.” She said, gathering up her things. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some letters to write. Plus I gotta talk with Spike about checking out the Castle of the Princesses.”

Hmm, I think Rarity wanted to check it out too...something about borrowing historical tapestries and restoring them?
I watched Twilight leave and said, “Goodbye, I hope to see you soon.”

“Anytime Fluttershy, anytime,” She said, and began walking away down the path home.

I waved goodbye and then walked upstairs towards Genny’s temporary bedroom. I watched the little filly sleep soundly for the first time in a while. I smiled at her, and stroked her mane sweetly. “Goodnight Genny,” I said to her.

She stirred a little in her sleep and whispered, “Mama…”

I blinked at that, then smiled again and slowly sang…”Hush now..quiet now..it’s time to lay your sleepy head…”

Goodnight, Sweet Genny...may you never feel alone again...

Comments ( 11 )

Very nice for Genny's family to be official now, it was sweet for her to call them her Papa and Mama. As annoying as Diamond can be I do hope there's some resolution to her story at some point, for her to still pine after Tailspin can't be good or healthy.

so DT still has that doll and is still a brat...

Yeah!!!!!!!! I love this side story. Great job. I can't wait for the next side or story.

... So touching... :fluttercry: I'm sure Genny will love her family even more.

Manly tears have been shed.... :fluttercry:

Dawwwwwww!!!!:pinkiesad2:

4265141 As mean as Diamond Tiara can be, I must agree with you there. I do hope sometime she can eventually have something for herself. Besides, if she at least finds someone she will love it will make her feel a lot better than the heartbreaking pinning after the one she cannot have.

So good. You get these:
:moustache::moustache::moustache:
And this:eeyup:

Diamond Tiara needs a reckoning of harsh Karma

Login or register to comment