• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 603 Views, 17 Comments

Night Fright - Peewee the Dragon



the story tells of a small town that is very much bothered by a very strange and weird Pony living in a haunted house.

  • ...
5
 17
 603

Epilogue

Author's Note:

The final chapter in my first story and I just want to thank you all for your support and your comments

"I thought your revenge was stealing mine," I said to him, still looking up at his enticing features. He only smiled and let out a soft laugh. "So, what gave you the idea to go to all this trouble?"

"I remember my mother telling me that this was how her and my father met," he replied, "and it's no trouble at all; I'd do it a thousand times if it meant that I could see you smile."

"So your mother was led through a dark mansion by a not-so-pony being that transformed into a Gentlecolt by the time we reached the room?" I joked, smiling up at him, "then she was magically dressed in clothes that she had never seen before, and was serenaded by a Stallion, surrounded by Ponies who appeared out of nowhere?"

"Maybe not exactly like that, but close," he chuckled, "it must have worked though. After all, they got married and had ten children."

"Well I hope you don't expect that from me," I told him. Momentarily, I saw his face fall. "My limit is two."

He seemed to catch on that I was only joking, as his smile lit up the room once more.

"What I wanted to ask you was," he paused, fiddling with my hooves, "will you be my special somepony?" I was probably more shocked than I should have been.

I took a few moments to process what he had asked, which worried him by the expression on his face. I then answered him, squeezing his hooves lightly, "Only if you will be mine."

Time seemed to pass fairly quickly after that. I would go up to the mansion a lot more often, which arose suspicion from Button's and Gamechanger's parents, but I managed to avoid their questions.

If anypony was wondering, yes, the boys got their revenge. They gathered up a few of the creatures, who I found out were all of Masquerade's deceased relatives, and scared me witless one day. I couldn't sleep for a whole week afterwards.

When I turned twenty, I moved into the mansion. All of the townsponies who had came that night that seemed so long ago, knew that I wasn't alone. Others that had just recently moved to Ponyville couldn't understand why a young Mare would move into an "abandoned" mansion.

When I was twenty three, right after I had finished university, Masquerade proposed. We couldn't really get married of course, since Masquerade was legally dead, but we liked to think we were. We had a gathering at the mansion with all of his family and I wore the ring that his mother had given him when he turned eighteen so many decades ago.

When I was twenty seven, I was shocked to find out that I was, indeed, pregnant. I didn't think it was possible. Neither did Masquerade. Eleven months later, we were blessed with twins; Canvas Swirl and Silver Swirl. Both boys took my last name.

They grew up in the mansion with Masquerade and his family, while I worked five days a week to support us. The boys seemed to be normal Ponies, so, naturally, they were always hungry. They were healthy though, which was all that mattered. They looked so much like Masquerade, though I could see myself in them also.

They new about what their father and his family were, but they didn't seem to mind. Possibly because they grew up with that being the only thing they knew.

Shortly after turning 94, I died peacefully in the hospital, surrounded by my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I joined Masquerade at the mansion, surprised to find that I was restored to my youth.

I considered myself lucky; I had grown up, found love, had two children and died at an old age surrounded by Ponies who I loved and who loved me.

My story which I am telling you, has come to an end, though my life has really only just begun.

Comments ( 5 )

That was a great ending.

4682461 Thank you, it took me a couple of days to come up with this chapter

For this ending, I give you.... A heart!:heart:

4796194 Thank you sooo much, here you deserve 2 hearts for giving a heart :heart::heart:

Login or register to comment