• Published 24th Oct 2011
  • 4,680 Views, 83 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Tales of a Courier - a friendly hobo



This is the tale of Clover, a young courier who embarks on the adventure of his life.

  • ...
13
 83
 4,680

Introduction

Note from the Author:

Dear reader,

First off, thanks for taking the time to read my story, I really hope you enjoy it!

Now, the first few chapters of the story loosely follow the starting events of the Fallout New Vegas plot but the story will fairly quickly split from NV until it becomes 120% more awesome.

The grammar at the beginning is not perfect but this too will get better.

Thanks and enjoy,

A friendly hobo.

Fallout Equestria: Tales of a Courier.

Bodies litter the battlefield around me, soldiers from both sides of the river whose lives have been taken by patriotic rage and the imperialistic greed for power.

War. War never changes.

Even 200 years after the megaspells blanketed the world in balefire, war still rages. Some say that this war is being fought over one of the desert’s last power supplies. Others say that there is a higher cause, a cause that we mortals cannot begin to comprehend.

What ever happened to the days where love and peace stretched over Equestria? What ever happened to law and diplomacy?

Love and peace have now been replaced with hatred and never ending conflict, fueled by the overwhelming need to draw blood in the name of clean water, money, power or a simple delight in violence. The rules of law and diplomacy have been forgotten in the winds of time, washed away by the fire that once rained from the sky.

The battle still rages around me, blood turning the once golden sand a dark brown. The head of a soldier rests a few meters from me, its empty stare asking “Why? Why is this happening?”

The screams and shouts from the trenches fill the air along with the crack of gunfire, the screech of metal as swords cut deep through armour and flesh of hapless beings, the sounds of artillery detonations nearby and the unnatural wails of those fallen long ago.

The clouds above me are dark and ominous. I wish they would burst and wash away the blood that now stains my attire. My blood and the blood of friends and foes alike pools in the crevices of my armour, seeping through the cracks and filling my soul with a crimson lake.

The shadows of countless pegasi and griffins flit across the ground as they maneuver in the sky, trying to gain an advantage as they fight for air superiority. I see some falling from the heavens engulfed in flames, yet graceful like falling angels.

I can feel the wet sand under me as I lay on my back. My gun is out of ammo and my knife lies out of reach. The visor of my helmet is shattered and blood streams down my face. The large figure standing above me stares down implacably, his iron mask spattered with blood, his look judging whether I am worth the effort needed to raise his sword and send me to the gates of oblivion.

He has judged my blood worthy of being drawn by his sword.

“Why am I here?” I think to myself. “What have I done to deserve this?” it’s been weeks since entered the Ponave desert. And since then everything has changed, I have been plunged into war.

And war, war never changes.