• Published 22nd Apr 2014
  • 18,922 Views, 403 Comments

"Another Cup of Tea, Madam?" - Manes



When Celestia comes to Ponyville for a visit on some royal business, she bumps into an excited and adorable little unicorn looking for a Princess to be at her tea party. Celestia, always working all the time, decides to relax and play along, letting

  • ...
45
 403
 18,922

A Stroll

Sweetie Belle roamed the halls, her mind lost in thoughts of what Celestia might say to her. Celestia always had a motherly aura around her, but like all mothers, their disappointment pack quite a harsh blow. The image of Celestia’s stern frown made a strong presence in Belle’s mind brought a shiver down her spine.

The memory faded away like a fog as the sound of hooves clacking against the marble floor entered her ears and drawing closer.

The clopping stopped as the mysterious pony caught up with Sweetie Belle. From the corner of her eyes, she could see it was a unicorn. She turned her head to get a better look of the newcomer, noting the unicorn’s slender figure and the purple color of her coat, as well as the pearly white teeth of her beaming smile.

The heavy breathing behind those teeth made it evident that she had ran quite a bit. “H- hi. Mind if I tag along?”

Sweetie Belle smiled. “Not at all.”

The purple fully recovered quickly and turned back to Sweetie, still smiling. “I uh….oh gosh… I’m sorry it’s just it’s an honor to finally meet princess’s protege!” She could hear her hoofsteps following.“ I have so many questions!”

Sweetie Belle blushed. “I’m...I’m not--”

“Ah! How does it feel being near Celestia?” As they continued trotting, she spoke up again. “Is it like a fairy tale?”

“Yeah,” Sweetie Belle replied, thinking about the first time Celestia came see her. Before she was just another subject to Celestia, now look at her, walking down the canterlot halls with a filly asking her questions about how he felt to be around Celestia. “Yeah it is.”

“I hope someday to her protege.”

The awkward silence came back with a vengeance.

The unicorn found herself stopping as Sweetie Belle stared at a nearby door. She turned to Sweetie Belle and rubbed her neck. “ Well I’ve wasted enough of your time, it was a pleasure to meet you!.”

Sweetie Belle looked down and saw the unicorn had dropped her paper on the floor. “This yours.” She levitated it in her face and examined the paper. “What is this?”

She laughed and took the paper in her magic. “Some silly project, it’s not nothing.”

“Well...I like it.”

“Really?” she asked.

Sweetie Belle hummed happily.

“Really? Oh my gosh thank you!” The filly ran and swooped Sweetie Belle into a hug. She nuzzled her face into the filly’s chest before she looked up at her. “Are we friends?”

“I…”

“Because….I don’t have any friends.” She rubbed her neck. “I’ve been stuck in books, studying for this exam and too focused on passing I didn’t pay much too attention to my parents were telling me.” She sighed. “I never got to know what a friendship might, but you were nice enough to talk to me, I didn’t know friendship would feel this way. Is this friendship?”

Sweetie Belle cracked a smile. “This is just the start of it. Trust me.”


The filly surprised Sweetie Belle with one more hug. “Thanks and can you tell Celestia I said hi! ”



Turning around the corner to the eastern hall, Sweetie Belle could see a pair of large, purple double doors as tall as Celestia, bearing her sunny symbol right in the middle. She felt the nervous trembles stirring into a spin inside her chest, as if her heart was inside a washing machine. As she confronted the door, the sun icon glowed bright yellow and the shining, horizontal ray burst out from its center, slowly descending down her body.

Satisfied with identifying Sweetie Belle, the scanning stopped and an ethereal, male voice came forth like rich, smooth honey. “Good morning.”

Sweetie Belle shuffled her hooves slightly. “Good Morning!”

He smiled. “And how is your morning going so far?"

“Great, how is yours going sir?”

“Well let’s just say sitting around beats standing,” he said with a grin, earning a giggle from Sweetie Belle.

"Celestia around?”

He shook her head. “Princess Celestia is currently not within her quarters.”

Sweetie Belle raised one of her eyebrows. If not here, then where is she? “I really need to see her.”

The guard noticed Shimmer’s frown. “I’m sorry, but Celestia is currently busy.”

Sweetie Belle’s ears drooped down. As she turned around, a smile formed on her face as an idea popped in her head. “Silly me I almost forgot, Celestia said all guards must be present outside.”


The guard raised an eyebrow. “She did? When?”


“Yesterday,” she replied with a smile.


“Are you sure?”

Sweetie Belle looked hurt as she took a step back and faked a gasp. “Are you questioning the protege of Princess Celestia?”


The guard quickly lifted himself from the step and picked up his pace. Sweetie Belle smiled to herself and proceed to go through the door.

An exhausted sigh came from Princess Celestia’s mouth, feeling a great pain in her neck after hours of sitting in that chair, doing nothing but working and sitting. “I need to get a more comfortable chair if I’m going to keep doing this.”

She levitated a cup from her table and brought it close to her muzzle. She could smell the sweet scent of maple syrup and oak as she brought the cup to her lips. Princess Celestia sat back down on her chair and gazed at the things that were in her room.

“Princess Celestia?” Sweetie Belle asked. She waited for a response, but got none as Celestia continued to scribble down on the scroll. Maybe she didn’t hear me. She cleared her throat as she tried her second attempt. “Princess Celestia!”

The writing stopped. Sweetie Belle gulped as Princess Celestia eyes were now planted on her. And from where she stood, she could see the bags under Celestia’s eyes. A smile formed around Celestia’s face as she approached the filly. “Hello, Sweetie Belle, didn’t expect you to be around.”

Sweetie Belle rubbed her neck as her cheeks blushed. “Y-y-eah I-I-I didn’t w-w-want to--” Her words were cut short as Princess Celestia giggled.

“You are my friend, Sweetie Belle, I always have time for you.” Princess Celestia frowned as she noticed Sweetie Belle slightly shaking. “What’s the matter?”

“Nothing.”

Princess Celestia’s eyes narrowed.
Sweetie Belle sighed in defeat. “I don’t know, everytime when you’re around doing princessy things, you seem kinda….intimidating,” she squeaked the last part.

“Oh.” Princess Celestia looked down as she sighed. She smiled when she felt Sweetie Belle hugged her, burying her face into her chest.

“Please don’t be sad,” Sweetie Belle said, squeezing harder. “I hate it when you’re that way.”

Princess Celestia smiled. “With you around, I don’t think I can be sad.”

Author's Note:

I know it's different, but think of this as an apology for the short chapter yesterday. Inspired by a event that happened with my niece.

Don't worry the other is being worked on.