• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 2,270 Views, 129 Comments

Pinkie promise - Deadcat



the truth of how rainbow dash and pinkie pie met, and the tragedy that causes them to be the mares who you know and love from the show.

  • ...
4
 129
 2,270

Stick a cupcake in my eye

Chapter 5: stick a cupcake in my eye

An intense hunger made my poor stomach growl as I closed me eyes tight, making the bags under my eyes stretch as I closed them. Sleep did not find me yet and I reluctantly stared at the constantly ticking clock. It was 1am. Pristine and demure nurses slowly walked to the end of the hallway and vanished. I guess they were going home, but the guards still remained, patrolling the halls every so often.I wondered if they ever slept.


I grunted and turned around, covering myself with thin, white, bed sheets. The florescent white lights dimmed the hallways and seeped into my eyes, making sleep impossible. At least it wasn't super bright and throughout the night, they would get darker.... Hopefully.


I let out a sigh. I hated it here. It was cold all the time, the facility's were just too clean, it always smelled of chlorine and orchids. You had to be constantly monitored and escorted by fake nurses made of melting plastic, and of course, the infamous, dictator, Dr. Helfing. But there was one thing that made this prison of cleaning supplies tolerable, one thing in all this derangement and insanity, one clarity, one thing that made sense, one thing to help me get up in the morning, and that was the little filly with rainbow hair. She flew through my thoughts, her messy mane, her cyan coat and azure wings, beating like my heart, her perfect magenta eyes shimmering through the darkness of my days. The thought of her makes my eyes flutter as I try to close them. Why was my heart beating as fast as her wings? Why was my face red by just thinking of her?


The door handle shook.

I whipped my head to the direction of the door handle, it shook over and over creating a slight jingling noise through the empty room. 'Why would a nurse be knocking at my door at this time?' My mind raced, sweat dotted my forehead.


Suddenly the door burst open and standing there was none other than the spectacular Rainbow Dash.


"Rainbow what are you doing here!? H- how did you get in here?" I stuttered, my nerves still frazzled. The arrogant filly cocked her head into the air, looking proud of her achievement.

"Check it, so, I got a new nurse, cause my old one quit cause apparently she 'couldn't handle me'," Rainbow paused and let out a slight chuckle, "so anyways, she wore a hair clip today so I went in for a hug and carefully fastened it out of her hair, she had no clue! So, I thought that you might be hungry so I picked a few locks, and here I am! Wanna go make cupcakes!?" She jumped up excitedly.

I laughed. "And how are we gonna do that?" I questioned as we stood in the darkness of the room. I began to wonder how exactly she slipped past the guards.

"Uh, duh! Were gonna pick the lock to the kitchen and make them there with flour and stuff, also, how do I make cupcakes?" She said placing a hoof on her chin. I giggled and shrugged

"'Guess we will find out!" I chuckled. Rainbow the proceeded to open the door as we snuck out into the dark hallway.


Slowly and quietly, we made our way through the hallways. A guard was just a few meters away. Rainbow told me that the helmets that the guards wear have a blind-spot, so at just the right angle, we can avoid them. Slipping past three guards, Rainbow took the lead. As I carefully trotted behind her, it struck me again the she doesn't have her cutie mark. How does a filly with so much spirit and pride not have a cutie mark? As I watch her from behind, I analyze the beauty of her. Wavy, striking hair, her hind legs were strewn with muscles, but she didn't look bulky. She looked tough. I wish I were tough.


But everyone has weaknesses, no matter how tough they were.
I kept my muzzle down low to the ground, the smell of cleaning supplies filled my nostrils. Rainbow Dash's bright tail was quietly bouncing in front of me as we continued to creep through the darkness. Finally, we got to the kitchen door, which was locked.


"Cover my back, I'm gonna pick the lock," the mischievous filly whispered to me, and turned her back to the hallway. She began fiddling with the lock as my eyes scanned the empty dark hallway. Suddenly, my bright blue eyes darted to the end of the hallway where I saw a magically lit flashlight turn the corner. Without thinking I grabbed Rainbow Dash and pulled her into a dark corner. Hoping there would be a little blind spot, we bolt huddled together, praying to Celestia that the guards would not find us. It was nice though, aside from my pounding heart and heavy breathing, but, Rainbow dash was pushed up against me, so close I could feel her heart pounding in her cyan chest. I tried my hardest not to blush, but my cheeks still felt hot. The guard walked by, he seemed sleepy and his eyes were half closed. He lazily walked by, tripping over his hooves. His flashlight of death barely grazing us.


He walked away.


We both breathed sighs of relief. We knew the consequences of being out of your "room" after nightfall. The cyan filly flocked back the the kitchen door, and finally, it opened and we hurried in and slammed the door behind us.


"Umm.. We need butter!" I called out as I continued to skim the cookbook we found adjacent to the door. Rainbow dash darted to the fridge and tossed 2 sticks of butter at me.
"Okay... Um last thing we need is flour!" I instructed. It was silent as Rainbow skimmed the room for some four.

"Uh.... About that.." The rainbow maned filly chuckled nervously. Pointing her azure hoof to the sack of heavy flour all the way up at the top shelf, too high for us to reach. "I- I need my wings to get up there!!" She shouted attempting to stretch her bound wings. She looked devastated at the fact she couldn't do simple things without her beloved wings.

"No you don't! We can do this together!" I called out confidently, trying to comfort the sad trapped filly. "Now uh... I'll give you a boost up on the shelf and while your on me? Try to grab the flour okay?" I planned. Rainbow Dash flashed me a confident 'I-can-do-anything' look and nodded her head with a grin.


She pointed me down into my back as she carefully stepped on me with grace. She reached up, trying to reach for the sack of flour as she continued to complete the dauntless task. Suddenly there was an abrupt crash and Rainbow, me, and the flour all fell to the floor in a clatter. The entire bag of four fell right on us and clung to out matted fur.


Then we burst out laughing. "We- we- haf- haffta be- quiet o-or they will hear!" Rainbow sputtered between gasps of breath and a flurry of laughter. After a while of lying on the spilled flour we were calm enough to salvage whatever was left of the flour and add it to our ingredients bowl.


"Is it chocolate or vanilla?" The cyan Pegasus questioned, tilting her head as she fixed her gaze on the thick cupcake batter. I was perplexed.

"it looks like vanilla.." I said, with a hint of uncertainty in my voice. Rainbow cocked a grin and next thing I knew, a hoof-full of batter was chucked into my face. Shock enveloped me as the Pegasus giggled up a storm. I felt a stinging in my eye and realized all the cupcake batter had been splashed into my open eye, I yelped and backed down. The cyan filly stopped laughing and rushed to my aid, little did she know of my batter full hoof just behind my back, and as soon as she got close, I splashed it across her face. Her face of worry faded into a face of confidence and fun as we continued to throw the batter all around, and after a few minuets, we were caked in batter (no pun intended)


"At this rate were not gonna have any batter left for the cupcakes!" Rainbow giggled. I agreed as I salvaged the rest of the thick sugary batter into the cupcake tins and off to there fiery demise. I licked my lips enticingly as I looked around,

The kitchen was a mess.

There was batter on the walls and flour everywhere, "Do you think we could have made anymore of a mess?" Rainbow rolled her eyes sarcastically as she began to clean the batter on the walls, and after an hour or 2, the cupcakes were iced and cooled and the kitchen was clean. We crouched in the darkness, the warm cupcakes on my back as we were finally safe in rainbows room.

I noticed gummy sitting peacefully on the bed. Posters adorned the wall, and there was a desk full of drawings. "I didn't know you drew?" I sputtered as I climbed up on the artists chair, I noticed a picture, of a little pink filly with straight, darker pink hair. I giggled "Hey, I-Is that me?" I scoffed happily. The embarrassed, azure filly dashed over and covered up the picture, her cheeks stained a crimson red as I continued to giggle,"It's a very good representation of me!" I laughed as I trotted dauntlessly over to the cupcakes and shoved one into my mouth.


They tasted awful.


But we still shoved them into our mouths, because in a mental institution, cupcakes were a delicacy, and also I guess, at that time, we didn't know what good cupcakes tasted like.

"Tihf if rewey goof!" Rainbow said with her mouth full of cupcakes, crumbs flew in every direction as I giggled, stuffing a 5th cupcake into my mouth.


After all the cupcakes were finished, we began to talk "I hate it here," I shouted, breaking the silence.

"Join the club." Rainbow scoffed, another silence washed over us. "Why are you here?" the bound Pegasus asked, poking her hoof at the ground awkwardly. 'What should I say? That I sliced open my fathers' stomach?! She would never want to talk to me again!' My mind raced as I began to panic, I suppose the observant rainbow-maned filly took notice to my worry "It's okay," with an empathetic sigh, she put a hoof on my shoulder "I won't judge you," she gave a amiable smile. Her grin melted my heart, much like it did on the first day I met her in that cafeteria

"I- I- uh-" I paused looking at her with my misty blue eyes," I, I killed my father, I split him open, because, he hit me and beat me everyday and made me feel bad and I hated him!" I shouted, I covered my head with my hooves as silence came upon us. I waited for the surprised blue filly's reprise.

She then laughed.

"Well then, it sounds like the bastard deserved it!" She scoffed. I cocked my head in her direction

"Y-your not afraid of me?" I asked surprised. A tear if sadness and relief escaped my lonesome eye. Gently, Rainbow took her hoof and wiped it away. She then smiled at me

"Pinkie pie, this is a mental institution, we're all crazy here! If we weren't feared, we wouldn't be here! So, of course your scary, but I am too!" The rainbow maned filly reassured with a smile. I laughed as I went into a hug,

Rainbow flinched as I wrapped my forelegs around her thin figure. "W-why are you here?" I asked. Rainbow stiffened as she broke the hug and began to breath heavily. Silence fell upon us once again as rainbow began to hyperventilate. I slowly approached her and put a hoof on her shoulder. She flinched again.


"I tried to kill myself 12 times." The filly finally confessed as shock filled my veins.


I hugged her tighter "Why?!" I cried tightening my grip on the breaking filly.

"He, at night, he would do things, H- he would- AAUUHG!" She screeched breaking out of my hold and falling to the floor with a cry. "I wished I could have killed him!!! I should have killed him like you!! He told me I could never run away! He trapped me!! I HAD to get away!" She put her legs into her chest, blanketing her head with her hooves, pulling on her raggedy mane. I slowly caressed her back, "Shhh," I comforted, hoping to calm her down.

After about 5 minutes she was visibly calmer. She sat up and propped her back against the wall. "He would always bring me back, but, the 12th time I tried to hang myself, he couldn't bring me back, he took me to the hospital and the hospital put him in jail, and me here." She uttered as I stared in disbelief. What did she mean that 'he
did things to her'? I suppose that 'he' was her father, but did he beat her? It sounded more intense than that, but I didn't want to ask.


"I would miss you if you died." I stated. Rainbow looked at me, flabbergasted,

"R-really?" She questioned. I smiled

"Of course I would silly filly!! Your my, y- your my only friend, my best friend!" I stated excitedly with a smile.

"I never had a friend," Rainbow said, looking down to the floor sadly.

"Well you do now." I said, something filled my heart, something I have never felt for another pony before, something I thought would never find me, it was, none other than....
Love.