• Published 20th Apr 2014
  • 6,211 Views, 562 Comments

Twilight Sparkle And the Very Confusing Apocalypse - kudzuhaiku



Twilight Sparkle wakes up, and right away, there is something wrong as her checklist can't be checked.

  • ...
36
 562
 6,211

Chapter 5

Spend as much time with loved one before the apocalypse as possible ✓

So this was it. The end of the world. Twilight Sparkle waited for the eggs to hatch. She snoozed, half in and half out of reality, her body pressed against Trixie. Both of them were so close it was hard to tell where one began and one ended, their bodies entwined in a lazy sleepy embrace, tangled together in the bed, the sun coming through the window and warming their bodies. Twilight reveled in the moist humid heat of Trixie’s mareflesh pressed tightly against Twilight’s navel. She wrapped her forelegs tighter around Trixie’s barrel and pulled her closer, slipping off into a waking dream, her mind drifting.

This was the best possible way to wait out the end of the word, Twilight concluded, her mind slipping deeper into a drowsing warmth, her cheek resting on Trixie’s neck, using her as a pillow. Twilight’s own pillow was damp with the Somewhat Moist and Slightly Slick drool of the Slobbering and Spit Bubble Blowing Trixie.

Twilight Sparkle didn’t mind though. Trixie’s neck made a much better pillow. Love meant accepting all of a pony, even the annoying bits, like drooling or being an annoying showmare.


Twilight Sparkle awoke to a tugging on her ear.

“Twilight, wake up, something is happening!”

Here we go, panic ✓

Twilight opened her eye and saw Spike, he was bouncing in place beside the bed. It had to be a some time around noon. Trixie stirred beneath her.

Open other eye ✓

Twilight lifted her head, stretching her neck and lifting herself away from Trixie, causing her to feel cold suddenly. She shook the sleepy feeling from her mind, trying to clear away the cobwebs, she yawned and tried to make peace with how little time there seemed to be left. At least the morning spent drowsing in bed had been blissful, she couldn’t ask for much more in life.

“The eggs keep making weird noises Twilight!”

Spike pulled on his own tail fretfully. Twilight Sparkle crawled out of bed, landing on the floor with a loud “thump” as her hooves hit the floorboards, and kissed Spike upon the head.

Twilight Sparkle supposed a goodbye was in order.

“The Sleepy and Incredibly Lazy Trixie protests that the end of the world dare interrupt Trixie’s snuggle with Twilight Sparkle.” Trixie yawned, her mouth opened wide, her orange tongue dangling out. Drool dribbled from her chin.

Possible ways to survive extinction level event: become a lich -?-

No need for drastic measures just yet, but it never hurt to be prepared. She had been practicing the spell however, just in case. Twilight Sparkle was ready to spend a Long and Lustful eternity with the Undead and Hopefully Still Attractive Trixie.

Twilight stumbled down the stairs, still trying to blink away the sleepy from her eyes, not even bothering to check her list about things like bedhead. It seemed like such a trivial concern right now. Certainly wasn’t anything to worry over. The end of the world had a way of changing your priorities.

As Twilight Sparkle entered the room, she could hear the eggs. There were odd little popping noises coming from them.

“Ping!”

One of the eggs bounced in place, causing the blanket to fall away.

It bounced again. And then again, the shell clicking.

Twilight lifted the egg in her magic, pulled it closer to her face, and studied it. Cracks had formed. Little spiderwebs of cracks were all over the shell. She gently lowered the egg down on to another folded blanket, and then, Twilight waited, Trixie sitting beside her.

“I love you Trixie,” Twilight said, “I wish we had more time. I wish we had come together sooner. I regret not getting to know you earlier on.”

Trixie yawned and leaned on Twilight. “You’ve been a great teacher.”

Trixie’s words were loaded with meaning of all kinds. Twilight Sparkle felt a lump in her throat. Fear began to grip her.

“Maybe after these hatch, there will be time for one final detention, your punishment due for laying the eggs that doomed the world.” Twilight struggled to get the words out, an odd feeling of fear and arousal coursing through her body.

“Mm.” Trixie said, almost purring.

The egg made popping noises, like popcorn in a kettle.

“Spike, I love you. I don’t think I tell you enough. But thank you for everything Spike.” Twilight felt a tightening in her chest, she began to wonder what her friends were doing right now. She wondered if she would have time to see them again. Maybe the flood of draconequus spawn wouldn’t be so bad. Maybe they’d be harmless at first, taking a while to mature. Maybe something could be done.

The other eggs made popping noises, but the one on the blanket was rolling and bouncing around like an Appleloosan jumping bean.

“Twilight, I love you like a mother,” Spike confessed, “and Trixie, you’re not nearly as annoying as you used to be. I think I love you.” The little dragon ran to Trixie and hugged her forelegs. Trixie gently hugged him back, now sniffling.

Twilight really wanted to see her friends.

But something compelled her to watch the eggs. She couldn’t leave.

There was a large crack in the bouncing egg now, and a whoosh of air escaped the shell.

Look back on life and check for regrets ✓

A piece of shell fell away. And then another.

And then, the egg exploded!

There was a bright flash of light and a blur of purple colour, and an explosive thud filled the room. Twilight was blinded by the flash, Trixie let out a cry and covered her eyes, and Spike buried his face into Twilight and Trixie’s chests, squeezing between them, now crying.

“Mommies!” A voice cried.

Twilight slowly opened one eye, expecting the worst.

What she got instead was something else entirely.

Before her was a small lavender coloured earth pony foal, with a pale blue mane and tail, very much like Trixie’s mane and tail colour. It appeared to be a yearling. It had exploded into existence from the egg.

How odd…

The foal was now rubbing her face against Trixie’s foreleg, pressed up against Spike, Trixie now sitting with her mouth open wide in an exclamation of surprise and shock.

Another egg began to pop and bounce expectantly. Twilight lifted it away from the others, placing on the blanket, the new foal rubbing up against her new mothers the entire time.

It was a very chaotic moment and Twilight began to cry, tears trickling down her cheeks.

Be ready for motherhood ✘

Trixie was crying as well as the foal rubbed up against them exuberantly. Spike had fallen strangely silent. The bouncing egg flopped around on the blanket.

“Hello little pony…” Trixie managed to mutter.

“Hi!” The yearling foal said, now pressing her nose into Spike.

“Twilight, I’m freaking out.” Spike hugged the foal, his face full of fear and doubt.

There was a woosh of air from the bouncing egg.

And then, it too, exploded.

The yearling foal squealed from the sudden noise, leaping into Spike’s reactionary embrace, her forelegs now around his neck, squeezing him, her eyes now shut.

A new foal exploded into existence with a cry, a flash of light, and a sense of wonder coming from his parents.

A pegasus colt sat among the remains of eggshell, grinning broadly, blue, like his mother Trixie, and had dark and light purple for his mane and tail colouring.

“Mamas!” The colt squealed, running forward to embrace his parents and his sister.

“Trixie is very confused.” Trixie’s voice was indeed, full of confusion.

Another egg announced its needs to burst, and Twilight set it upon the blanket.

Two mares, one dragon, one yearling earth filly foal, and one yearling pegasus colt foal watched the egg expectantly, eyes wide, waiting for something to happen.

Twilight Sparkle felt her heart leap up into her throat. Everything was going to be fine. She heaved a sigh of relief.

The watched egg exploded, with a strange subdued explosive burst. The flash of light was very dim, the pop a more of a fizzle, like a bottle of soda being opened.

A little lunar pegasus filly foal sat among the egg remains, hiding her face behind her bat like wings. She was little, she was a dark smoky blue, and she had a magenta coloured mane and tail. She said nothing, but continued to hide, making little meeping sounds, absolutely terrified.

To be exploded into existence was a dreadful experience, one that would mar the little bat-like foal for the rest of her life.

Trixie hoisted the foal over in her magic, sitting back on her haunches and hugging the little shy lunar pegasus foal to her barrel, squeezing her and making little happy grunts of pleasure as she hugged her daughter.

Twilight felt a rush of happiness as she lifted another bouncing egg into place.

The family watched, waiting for a new member, minus one. The lunar pegasus foal hid her face into Trixie’s neck, looking very much like she would wet herself at any moment.

The next egg exploded and when the shell cleared, revealing a white unicorn colt foal with a two tone blue mane and tail, reminding Twilight Sparkle very much of her brother Shining Armor.

“Mammas!” The colt foal shouted, running forward to be with his family, running among his brother and sisters, and his mothers, and one little very confused dragon that had his mouth hanging open.

Twilight lifted the last egg into place, feeling overjoyed, the apocalypse averted. The population explosion could be dealt with.

The last egg rocked back and forth on the blanket, cracks appearing, and finally exploded with a rushing whoosh.

“CHAOS!” A little draconequus shouted in a high pitched squeaky voice. It was about a foot tall and one leg wasn’t a leg at all, but a tentacle. It waved its little tentacle hello and smiled broadly at his shocked parents.

It is never too late to panic ✓

The meeping lunar pegasus foal peed all over her mother Trixie in panic.

Author's Note:

Surprise!