• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 669 Views, 3 Comments

The Pen is Mightier - Blood_rose_doll



A new pony moves to Ponyville

  • ...
2
 3
 669

To help a friend

Aqua woke to the sound of gentle knocking on her room door.


"Coming." Aqua called as she crawled out of bed. She quickly stretched her legs and fixed her scarf. She opened her door to find Fluttershy on the other side. "Hi, Fluttershy." Aqua was quite shocked to see the yellow pegasus. Fluttershy, for her part, looked extremely nervous.


"Good morning, Aqua," Fluttershy responded as she rocked back and forth in place.


"Is there something you need?"


Fluttershy ‘eeped’ and hid her face behind her mane. Aqua remembered her being this shy at the party, too. Finally, Flutter seemed to gather her courage and she sighed. "I was looking for somepony to help with the animals I care for... just for the day. I came for Lyra but she said you might be available."


Agua thought about it and then looked longingly at the 'Daring Do' book on her desk. "I would love to help, Fluttershy."


Fluttershy perked up at that. To Fluttershy’s confusion Aqua tied a yellow ribbon to her ear. After giving her new friend a few strange looks Fluttershy smiled. "Thank you so much! I'm sure the little sweeties will love you."


Fluttershy turned to leave and Aqua followed her downstairs. At the bottom of the stairs, waiting with a paper bag in her magic, was Lyra. She smiled as she saw Aqua behind Fluttershy and levitated the bag to her.


"I knew you would accept. I made you breakfast, it's a hay burger," Lyra said. Aqua took the bag gratefully in her mouth. She could smell the burger through the bag and it made her stomach growl. "You can eat it on the way to Fluttershy's cottage, it's a bit of a walk." Aqua nodded and looked to Fluttershy.


"I guess we'll be going now, if that's alright with you," Fluttershy whispered.


Aqua nodded again and Fluttershy started for the door. Aqua was close behind her and stopped at the door to wave to Lyra who waved back and closed the door behind the other two ponies. As Aqua and Fluttershy walked, Aqua took her hay burger from the paper bag and took a bite. Fluttershy watched her out of the corner of her eye as she ate. Soon the burger was gone and they reached the edge of Ponyville. As they walked through the trees Aqua, cleared her throat.


"So why do you need help with your animals today?"


Fluttershy looked at her and then looked to the ground avoiding eye contact. "I have to go see Zecora."


"Who's Zecora?" asked Aqua.


Just then they arrived at Fluttershy's cottage, Aqua gasped. The small, rather cute cottage was surrounded by a beautiful clearing. Flowers were all over the place in every different color and animals ran about everywhere. Fluttershy missed the shocked expression on Aqua's face and continued up the hill to the cottage door. Aqua quickly caught back up just as Fluttershy reached the door.


"Zecora lives in the Everfree forest. I need to see her because a couple of the bunnies are sick. I've tried everything I know but the poor little things just seem to get worse." Fluttershy opened the door to the cottage and Aqua glanced to the Everfree forest just on the outside of Fluttershy's clearing. She quickly followed Fluttershy into the cottage to find three bunnies in pet beds lying in the livingroom. Along with them was Rainbow Dash. She looked up and smiled as Aqua entered.


"I see you found somepony. Hi Aqua," Rainbow Dash said.


"Rainbow Dash? What are you doing here?"


"I offered to watch the bunnies while Fluttershy went to find somepony to take care of them. Sorry to rush off but I need to get back to my training." With that, Rainbow walked past Aqua and out the door. The second she was outside she took off with her usual flair. Fluttershy went over and checked on each bunny before turning back to Aqua.


"All you have to do is watch over them and feed them in an hour. The carrots are in the kitchen. Be sure to cut them up first. I'll be gone a couple hours at most. Can you handle that?" Fluttershy asked. Aqua saw Fluttershy get more confident with each word until she was staring Aqua down, waiting for an answer.


"Sure, Fluttershy. That sounds easy enough. Your bunnies will be in good hoofs."


Fluttershy let out a sigh of relief and started for the door. "I'll ask Angel Bunny to assist you before I go." Fluttershy walked out the door and Aqua trotted over to it. There she saw Fluttershy talking with a white bunny. After Fluttershy finished what she was saying, she flew off towards the Everfree forest. The white bunny watched her go and then turned and hopped up to Aqua. She bent her front legs forward so she was more level with the bunny.


"Are you Angel?" Aqua asked.


The bunny nodded and hopped by her into the cottage. Aqua followed and then noted the time on the clock inside. It was 8:30. Aqua made a mental note to watch the time as well as the bunnies. She sat on the couch so that she could look after the bunnies on the floor. Angel hopped up on the couch next to her and laid down. Ten minutes went by and Aqua was beginning to wish she had brought her book along with her, she figured it was no use sulking about it now and resigned herself to just watching the bunnies.


After another ten minutes or so Aqua stood up. She started to pace in front of the bunnies as Angel looked up at her, confused. Aqua opened her mouth to explain herself when one of the bunnies started to moan. She looked over at the little brown bunny and saw that it was shivering and trying to cover itself with it's bed. Agua glanced around and saw a small blanket on the arm of the couch. She levitated it over to the bunny and gently wrapped it around the poor thing. The bunny sighed as the blanket wrapped around it and the shivering seemed to stop. Aqua smiled at the bunny and went back to pacing.


Aqua paced for a few more minutes before she sat back down on the couch. She waited in silence, watching over the helpless little creatures. Finally after what seemed like forever, it was 9:30. Aqua stood and walked into the kitchen to find carrots and a knife already laid out for her. She quickly went about cutting the three carrots up into small little chunks. She placed each sliced carrot in a bowl and then carried the three bowls out into the living room. She sat down on the couch and hovered each bowl over to a bunny. She carefully took out a piece and offered it to the little brown bunny. The bunny eagerly ate it up and looked to the bowl for more. It took about five minutes before the little bunnies had eaten all of their food. Aqua stood from the couch and took the bowls into the kitchen. She walked over to the sink and began washing them. She was just finishing when there was a knock on the door. She walked over to the door, a bit confused. She opened the door, and on the other side stood Twilight. Again, Aqua had to fight the impulse to bow. The princess looked surprised when she saw Aqua, but smiled nonetheless.


"Hello Aqua, is Fluttershy home?"


Aqua shook her head and pointed to the Everfree forest. "She went to go see somepony named Zecora because her bunnies are sick. I'm watching them while she's away."


"That's awfully nice of you. Oh, that reminds me... I set up the book signing for tomorrow. Everypony will be there. It'll be at the library, so be sure to show up on time. It starts at noon."


"I have no plans, I'll be there," Aqua replied.


Twilight smiled and spread her wings a bit. "Also I read your first book , you are quite the talented author." Aqua blushed and put a hoof to her face. "I'll be getting my copy signed as well." Aqua's blush deepened and she used her hoof to try to hide her face.


"I should get back to the bunnies," Aqua said.


Twilight looked past Aqua into the cottage and nodded. "I need to find Fluttershy, anyway."


With that, Twilight spread her wings and flew off towards the Everfree forest. Aqua watched her go and then turned back into the cottage. She closed the door with her back hoof and walked over to the couch where she sat down and faced the bunnies again. She watched them for another ten minutes before she stood and started to pace again. Aqua always paced when getting anxious or bored. She was both anxious and bored, so pacing was inevitable. She paced for nearly five minutes, constantly looking at the bunnies to make sure they were ok. Finally she sighed and sat back down on the couch; just as the door to the cottage opened. Fluttershy walked in and without even glancing at Aqua checked on the bunnies. That's when Aqua noticed she had a small pot-like thing in her mouth. She quietly poured some sort of goop on her hoof and spread it on the closest bunny's back. She did this for the next bunny as well and then came to the one wrapped in the blanket. She fumbled with the blanket with her hoof until Aqua lifted it off the bunny for her. Fluttershy smiled around the little pot and rubbed the goop on the last bunny. Fluttershy set the little pot down on the end table and turned to Aqua.


"Thank you so much for watching the bunnies for me," Fluttershy said. Aqua jumped up from the couch and walked over to Fluttershy.


"No problem, I was happy to help." Fluttershy wrapped her hooves around Aqua's neck and pulled her in for a hug. Aqua was taken by surprise at first but nuzzled Fluttershy's neck. "You're a good friend."


Fluttershy let go of Aqua, and was surprised to see a shocked expression on her face.


"We're friends?" Aqua asked. Fluttershy gave her a puzzled look and tilted her head to the side. "It just seems like you accepted me as a friend really fast even though we just met." Fluttershy giggled and waved a forehoof at Aqua.


"I guess that's Pinkie Pie rubbing off on me. She makes friends really fast, but you did something for me even though you didn't have to. That makes me consider you a friend," Fluttershy explained. "You know... if that's ok with you."


Aqua smiled at Fluttershy as she pawed at the floor.


"That's fine with me," Aqua responded.


Fluttershy looked up and smiled. She pulled Aqua into another hug, this time, Aqua wrapped a hoof around her neck. Finally they separated and Aqua smiled at Fluttershy. She hid her face behind her mane and Aqua frowned at her.


"Ummm, I have to take a shower, so if you don't mind."


Aqua looked down at Fluttershy's hooves to see she was covered in caked on mud and twigs were sticking out of her fur.


"Oh, of course! I'll give you your privacy. Just let me know if you ever need anything else," Aqua told her.


Fluttershy nodded as Aqua left the tiny cottage. As Aqua walked back to Ponyville she decided to head home and finish her book. As she was walking, she could barely contain her excitement. She had made her first friend in Ponyville! She was practically bouncing with each step as she walked through town. As she was walking she saw Applejack pulling a cart. She walked up to Applejack who smiled at Aqua.


"Good day, Aqua," Applejack called out. "What's got you so excited?"


"I just made my first friend in Ponyville!"


"I reckon it's either Lyra or Bon Bon right?"


Aqua shook her head and Applejack raised an eyebrow.


"It's Fluttershy."


Applejack almost tripped in surprise.


"That shy pony actually asked you to be friends!?"


Aqua shook her head again. "No, I did a favor for her and she said she considers me a friend now."


Applejack chuckled and then stopped walking. Aqua stopped next to her. "That makes more sense," Applejack replied. "Well sorry to cut ya’ short, but I’ve got a lot of work to do up near the barn, and your house is the other way. Oh, I almost forgot; Granny Smith wanted me to let you know she's looking forward to your signing tomorrow."


Aqua nodded and looked in the direction of her home. "Tell Granny Smith I look forward to seeing her tomorrow."


Applejack nodded and then started to walk toward the Apple farm. Aqua waved goodbye and then turned in the direction of home. It didn't take long to get home from there and she was soon walking through the door of Lyra and Bon Bon's cottage. She was greeted by the sight of Bon Bon dusting the living room bookshelf. Aqua smiled at her and Bon Bon smiled around the feather duster in her mouth. She set down the duster and walked over to Aqua.


"Welcome home. How was Fluttershy's house?"


"Her bunnies are fine for now. I hope they get better soon."


"That's good to hear." Bon Bon walked back over to the bookshelf and pulled a book out. She set the book on the table next to the door and Aqua saw that the book was A Shift in Time. "I have to set your books out or Lyra will forget them tomorrow." She walked back over to the bookshelf and pulled out Dreams of Love . Aqua blushed as Bon Bon placed it on the table and went to get Year of Fate. As she set it down on the table she looked up at Aqua. "Do you have a title for the new book?"


Aqua nodded and her blush deepened. "It's called The Last Heart."


"I like it. Why do you blush every time somepony talks about your writing?" Bon Bon asked.


"It's embarrassing. I've never gotten this much attention for my writing in any other city."


Bon Bon nodded in understanding and placed a hoof on Aqua's shoulder. "You don't have to be embarrassed. I'm sure everypony understands." Aqua nodded and slowly her blush disappeared.


"Thank you, Bon Bon."


"Anytime!"


Bon Bon went back to the bookshelf and picked up the duster again. She resumed dusting as Aqua went upstairs. Aqua walked into her room and hopped onto her bed. She grabbed the ‘Daring Do’ book off her desk. She grabbed her reading glasses and placed them on her muzzle. Aqua opened the book to where she left off and started to read.


Soon the book was finished and Aqua looked up to see the sun was about to set. She yawned and set the book on her desk. She placed her reading glasses on the desk and untied the ribbon from her ear. She walked downstairs and opened the fridge. Aqua decided to make a garden salad for herself and her roommates. She whipped up three garden salads in ten minutes and placed them on the table. Aqua walked upstairs and knocked on the door of Lyra and Bon Bon's bedroom. The door opened magically and Lyra stood on the other side. She smiled when she saw Aqua, and Aqua smiled back.


"I made dinner," Aqua told her.


Lyra brightened up and she turned to look into the bedroom.


"Bon Bon, Aqua made dinner. Let's go eat."


Lyra walked out of the room and downstairs. Soon Bon Bon exited the room and followed her marefriend down the stairs. Aqua followed them downstairs and into the kitchen. They ate in silence and soon they were all finished. Aqua stood from the table and looked at her roommates.


"I'm gonna take a shower before tomorrow. See you in the morning," Aqua stated.


Bon Bon nodded and Lyra waved at her. Aqua climbed upstairs and into the bathroom. She used her magic to turn on the water and took off her scarf. She placed it on the sink stepping into the shower gently and sighed as the hot water hit her sinking into her fur. She levitated the soap into the air and started to scrub her body. Aqua washed her hoofs until they started to shine and made sure to undo her manedo before she washed it. She enjoyed the feel of her mane against her neck as washed her tail as well, washing over her cutie mark and the rest of her body she washed herself off. Stepping out of the shower she turned off the water and grabbed the towel hanging on the wall. She dried herself off and grabbed her scarf. She walked to her room and placed her scarf in the top dresser drawer. Aqua looked out the window at the night sky walking up to the window she opened it. She felt the slight breeze come in and move through her still-wet mane. She sat at her desk and opened the drawer with her manuscript. Aqua took out a black pen from her desk starting to write, she stayed up for another hour, writing. After she finished, she yawned and put her things away. She climbed into bed and closed the window.


Tomorrow would be a long, busy day.